jakeplissken

Keyframe animation system in DEV.

New keyframe animation system in DEV build. What will this actually be? I an thinking some way to capture AI animations and create cutscenes, but it is early days, and I am not sure what to do with any of the modules. Is this meant for the TAC-OPS DLC or some other intention? I would love to be able to sync the camera to a screen or billboard and have a live video feed. There is a timeline module and curved paths. Does this mean playing back animations?

I've checked it out-- doesn't look like it has anything to do with AI animations. It's likely for camera movement, so you won't have to script that anymore. I wasn't able to move the camera, but it's easy to make it so you start "in" the camera position, with black cinema borders and all that jazz.

Looks quite useful to me. Never felt very motivated to script this stuff.

Could be the system which is used in the "Remnants of war" campaign. Not sure so, it seems to be very complex so we'll most likely have to wait for a documentation.

we'll most likely have to wait for a documentation

My sarcasm meter is reacting.... :yummy:

• Like 4

Documentation should arrive at some point, just beware that this is an experimental feature. ;)

• Like 4

Having this reached release, is there any documentation about this feature? Really eager to try it, can't figure out how to make it work tho.

• Like 1

^ good start, but it doesn't exactly tell you how to use that stuff. :p

• Like 1

Exactly, tried to figure it out, wasn't lucky :P

Some further indications, or some kind of video from that gif that is used as example would come in handy.

I hope some useful documentation about the feature turns up soon. I've turned the editor upside down, but haven't been able to get it working like in the gif.

• Like 1

Just now, SageNTitled said:

I hope some useful documentation about the feature turns up soon. I've turned the editor upside down, but haven't been able to get it working like in the gif.

Same here.

• Like 1

Maybe someone can contact Bohemia via twitter to ask for further info? :P

Nope. Appears that I was doing it the correct way when testing last weekend but with same results -> not even the red line to indicate anim path.. :(

Same here. The animation works in the preview mission, but I don't see a red line, nor the object movie while being in the editor.

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Nope, just tried it, no change.

I did not have a red line, either. But the animation is reproduced, though not in the 3D editor window, but how to play the mission

Yes, I wrote that as well. :> "The animation works in the preview mission"

The documentation I've added is a bit outdated but should cover all the basics with 3den. I have some more to add, once it's done, I will go through it and update it to match the current state. Please, be patient, this isn't forgotten :)

Meanwhile, here is a sample, with 3den: http://tom4897.info/test_keyframeanimation_3den-vr/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Tom_48_97

Thank you for the test mission.
- We can not understand how to reproduce the animation in the editor window.
- The red line of the animation path does not appear.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Tom_48_97 said:

The documentation I've added is a bit outdated but should cover all the basics with 3den. I have some more to add, once it's done, I will go through it and update it to match the current state. Please, be patient, this isn't forgotten :)

Meanwhile, here is a sample, with 3den: http://tom4897.info/test_keyframeanimation_3den-vr/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not work on dedicated and multiplayer, right?

I tried to use it to animate a big temple gate opening and when testing in dedi it just skips the animation.

Fixed: Keyframe Animation visualizers were not working in Eden Editor due to an incorrect handling of selected objects

Works now for me.

• Like 1