devildog

Arma 4 a look to the future

On 6/8/2021 at 2:20 PM, Vigil Vindex said:

I thought DayZ would be the test bed to develop Enfusion towards being ready for Arma 4 and provide the opportunity for content creators to port their content to the new platform. Perhaps Reforger will provide a better place for that to happen. But I am worried that we are not seeing stuff like digging tunnels or trenches in DayZ, or new AI, deformable terrain, etc, the type of new stuff that we thought would not be done with Arma due to engine limitations that the new engine would open up.

Yep, that was mine understanding too, that DayZ SA is "test-bed for Enfusion", and after delivering the "final" version in 2019, BI goes "all hands on deck" to work on a new title that uses Enfusion in it's entirety, with all the features new engine can offer. Matter of fact, that was the plan according to their blog post in January 2020 - they were supposed to finish Enfusion and release the first big title running it (which could take some years even as they said).

21 hours ago, fin_soldier said:

When it comes to unfounded claims, I sure think there's a connection between an upcoming 20th anniversary and the assets/terrains displayed in the leaks, and the title itself.

Just a tiny example would be the village of Vernon, which is verifiable in OFP on Everon.

Except, throwbacks to OFP (Cold War setting, locations) is a far cry from "OFP remake". Leaks were very precise, and BI officially released info (like their blog posts) are clear indication that Enfusion still requires a lot of work - work that's needed to make the game be on OFP level of complexity/gameplay.

21 hours ago, fin_soldier said:

I don't mind you calling me out as a "clickbait youtuber", as everyone can make up their mind of what they believe. I just wanted to share my thoughts and speculation.

Well, at least you're good sport about it! :D What I can say - there was so much speculation going on in the last few years, that many people simply grew tired of it. Me included. I'm more of the "wait and see" state of mind really.

• Like 1

If reforger is an extension of taking ARMA game capability + remaking assets as a test bed in Enfusion engine, like Malden 2035 for ARMA 3, then I am excited for it.

Basically like a "game engine" with test content to see prep the ARMA community to ARMA 4. 

I hope it is FREE with editor capabilities to let modders begin porting / testing / creating  and playing with it for the future. 

I liked the current DayZ SA but its not really my game and still needs to be updated to today's game engine standards.

Hope Reforger is a test of things to come. I would glady back BIS when they have ARMA 4 Alpha ready like how ARMA 3 was.

Can anyone clarify for me why this old (well August last year...) Arma 2 related anniversary music is named under Reforger?

Have I missed something??

1 hour ago, Callsign said:

Can anyone clarify for me why this old (well August last year...) Arma 2 related anniversary music is named under Reforger?

Have I missed something?

There's no super sekrit behind the music track's title...

It's just the name of the FOB you start off in for Razor Two (the mission), and the same music track plays immediately after Capt. Shaftoe concludes his briefing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

There's no super sekrit behind the music track's title...

It's just the name of the FOB you start off in for Razor Two (the mission), and the same music track plays immediately after Capt. Shaftoe concludes his briefing.

I figured it would be something simple like that!