Sign in to follow this  
MedwedianPresident

Idea: North Zagoria

If there is South Zagoria, there should be North Zagoria. "Zagoria" means "Land behind the Mountains" in Russian, and as such, North Zagoria would not simply lie on the Russian side of the Black Mountains but rather northwest of South Zagoria. Has anybody thought of making a map?

I think that a map that connects with the South Zagorian map seamlessly or an extended Zagoria map that includes vanilla South Zagoria should be made. I imagine that the Black Mountains would be much higher there, reaching heights of up to 1500 meters ASL. A possible name for the provincial capital would be "Zagorsk", which would be settled in a valley just south of the Russian border. A busy border crossing would also be part of the map.

The map would also of course include the Russian part of the Black Mountains and one or two Russian industrial towns.

What do you think? Has anybody else thought of what would lie northwest of the vanilla map?

For me the lands north of SZ were always Russia :icon_biggrin: so I never thought about a North Zagoria. The idea is cool though.

But as (if I'm not mistaken) no one released or announced such a map so far, I'd say you will have to make it yourself if you want to see it.

• Like 1

I've always thought it compared to Georgia with south Ossetia, and Russia with North Ossetia on the other side of the border. 

• Like 3

but rather northwest of South Zagoria. Has anybody thought of making a map?

I think the two ACR terrains are actually supposed to be in that area (north of Miroslavl).

• Like 1

On 6.10.2017 at 6:31 AM, jakerod said:

I think the two ACR terrains are actually supposed to be in that area (north of Miroslavl).

I thought Bukovina and Bystrica are supposed to be a more or less fictional part of the Czech Republic or Slovakia

Full Chernarus map

If we look at the full Chernarus map there is only one place that seems to fit the "north zagoria name" and that's the northern part of the area directly west of SZ. I see how it could be made as borders/areas such as that doesn't always lie perfectly aligned to the name. For example in the US West virginia is actually north of Virginia.