I'm a cold war veteran of the 8th Infantry Division Mechanized. I have a mission if any modder has an inclination to create a Cold War mod of epic proportions hit me up at jacksonchris1968@aol.com and put as the title of your email "mod idea".

I was part of a mission of such immense proportions, had it actually happened, the battle was going to be tremendous.

a couple of units in the mission were 11th ACR (Armored Cav regiment) and 8th ID Mechanized. let me know.

hope to hear from someone soon.

-Papa6

• Like 1

There's the CUP expansion, which is still in development, but farther along then starting from scratch if you want to give them a ring.

• Like 4

@papa6

Welcome from another army Cold War vet (84-87). I spent half my enlistment in Germany as part of the 2nd SUPCOM and the remainder with the 5th ID (Mech) in LA. There are actually quite a few mods in the works centered on the CW or including units and equipment appropriate for such scenarios. I'm no scenario or campaign creator but what I really hope to see are some quality single player campaigns created to showcase these mods when they are released. SP missions are nice but I much prefer the immersiveness of a nice lengthy campaign. I know that information on Cold War mods isn't exactly what you are requesting but knowing what's out there or in the works could be useful knowledge to have. As mentioned, there is the Conflict '85 CUP expansion mod (as well as CUP, which features some useable units and gear) in the works but there are also other CW mods centered around Czechoslovakian forces, as well as East and West Germany. There are also a couple of released mods centered on Soviet forces and one centered on the Vietnam conflict, should one want to step back a bit further in the CW timeline. Other WIP mods include a vehicle mod adding highly detailed variants of the venerable M35 "Deuce and a Half" and a Korean War mod as well, that could be useful for 1950s CW scenarios. Check these links out:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, bunkerslusken said:

I've made a cold war themed cup expansion that is available on steam workshop. It is mostly reskinned cup stuff, but it works fine for myself and my unit. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103265032

Do you have permission from @Delta Hawkto reskin his units?

As his readme says otherwise:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

1. DO NOT OPEN AND/OR EXTRACT THE PBO.
2. DO NOT RETEXTURE.
3. DO NOT STEAL OR RIP MY MODELS OR TEXTURES.
4. DO NOT REQUIRE SUBSCRIPTIONS, REGISTRATION OR OTHER INTRUSIVE REQUIREMENTS OR ADDITIONS TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD.
5. FOR USE ONLY IN ARMA 3 AND ARMA 3’S EXPANSIONS.
6. DO NOT USE FOR COMMERCIAL OR MILITARY TRAINING PURPOSES.
7. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Like 1

Oh my, great to hear that there are more people with their heart beating for the cold war era of warfare.

I think it would be a good idea to gather everyone who is interested in this topic together - to keep each other updated with the various and plenty projects around Arma's birthing era (Back then as OFP).

So if you are interested, please PM me and I'll try to set something up. These days a discord server is pretty good at bringing people together, think of it as a fancy IRC.
I've just now set up a server titled "Arma Cold Warriors", here you can join it right away: https://discord.gg/VhdaJu5

So if you're a cold-war enthusiast and know me, you'll want to be there. :D
I think we will be able to pool news about cold war related mod development there, I'll certainly try to gather them there, as I am following quite a few projects as well as developing my own. So I guess there you wont miss any of it, and you could add more infos that you come across as well.

Big thanks to Scimitar for his list and mentioning our efforts here. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Do you have permission from @Delta Hawkto reskin his units?

As his readme says otherwise:

I do not, and I have not, if you look at the mod page you will see they are a required mod, and I am on no way overwriting or ripping apart his work.

2 hours ago, bunkerslusken said:

I do not, and I have not, if you look at the mod page you will see they are a required mod, and I am on no way overwriting or ripping apart his work.

Well its not very clear as your mod page says "American and Soviet 80's infantry units based on US Military Mod by Delta Hawk" hence why i asked the question.

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Well its not very clear as your mod page says "American and Soviet 80's infantry units based on US Military Mod by Delta Hawk" hence why i asked the question.

Well I am sorry I gave you that impression. English is not my first language, but I did feel confident there could be no misunderstandings. I have rephrased the statement on the page to attempt to make it clearer.

• Like 1

I was hoping to spur some interest in the Fulda gap in a "what if" scenario. A "what if" the Soviets had attacked the gap? a full MP or even SP experience where one can experience the sheer, utter hell of what could have been a massive conflict.

any of the original content from the original game. But create defilade positions and such. I'm not versed in the coding of missions. As such, anyone who does have experience, I could throw some advice since I ended up closing out the cold war with 8TH ID's C 3/8 INF Jan 1989 - Jul 1991

any takers. I'm using the cold war crisis pack part 3 with all the CUPS requirements. So I have the first 3 or 4 of the versions of the M1. A1, A2 and A3.