Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

O/mtv

I did, I killed them all. Bit of an odd objective though isn't it? why would you bother sticking around if the chopper has picked you up?

RED

the briefing says that all your men have to stay alive to the end.

and it also says that the chopper joins your team when it arrives. smile.gif

but other things didn't work! i had some idiots in my squad who didn't want to go where i ordered them and they just stood where they were like a bunch of paper targets. Morons!!! mad.gifmad.gif

the death sequence was a nice idea but i didn't like the music and you could hardly read what was written on the last picture. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Dec. 31 2002,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the death sequence was a nice idea but i didn't like the music and you could hardly read what was written on the last picture. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So, you think you can do better?! biggrin.gifconfused.gif

- What about the Village People - In the Navy! biggrin.gif

- Jimi Hendrix - "All along the watchtower" , a `Nam pack is already out

- Or a russian parade on one of the airfields (long straight tarmac road), Guba, generals and bodyguards standing on a gallery, saluting while the troops and vehicles are passing by.

Combined with a russian military march.

Not to forget some planes showing flight maneuvers.

- Or what about Ofra Haza singing Gabriel at one of those "Dusk till dawn" shows in a flight hangar with all the military equipment in the background? wink.gif

- Sepultura covering Bob Marleys War.

- Black Sabbath`s "War Pigs" - or with medieval instruments and in latin as "Verres Militares" by Sabbatum ( http://www.sabbatum.com )

- Anthrax -Armed and dangerous biggrin.gif

- Some songs by Bolt Thrower from the "Mercenary" album

- Clawfinger - "Warfair" (no typo!wink.gif

- Slayer - "Disorder"

- Exploited - "Let`s start a war"

- Some Motörhead songs - "Civil war" or "Bomber"

- Ozzy - "Killer of giants"  a good possibility to show the Scud again (If you see the flash, it`s already too late... wink.gif)

And if you are really good, you create a big battlefield with the music of Braveheart in the background.

That would be real choreography

Just some ideas for people who are able to do this kind of stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Jan. 01 2003,06:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just some ideas for people who are able to do this kind of stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem isn't coming up with songs. The problem is getting people who know how to makes missions to create these.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 31 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Dec. 31 2002,21wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the death sequence was a nice idea but i didn't like the music and you could hardly read what was written on the last picture. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So, you think you can do better?! biggrin.gif  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 01 2003,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The problem isn't coming up with songs. The problem is getting people who know how to makes missions to create these.<span id='postcolor'>

Let`s motivate them wink.gif :

When people of HL-DoD can do this, why can`t the OFP guys do it too?!

But Monthy Pythons "How not to be seen" with the OFP engine was funny. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Jan. 01 2003,16:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When people of HL-DoD can do this, why can`t the OFP guys do it too?!<span id='postcolor'>

Because we don't have trains. tounge.gif

LOL! Both clips were fun!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Jan. 01 2003,14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 01 2003,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The problem isn't coming up with songs. The problem is getting people who know how to makes missions to create these.<span id='postcolor'>

Let`s motivate them wink.gif :

When people of HL-DoD can do this, why can`t the OFP guys do it too?!

But Monthy Pythons "How not to be seen" with the OFP engine was funny. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, that Monty Python thing was funny.

Operation flashpoint and half life are completely different games. Half life is much more an arcade game than operation flashpoint and is (although i hate to say it) more popular.

HOWEVER half life is only being kept alive by the MODs, and if we are lucky, the interest in operation flashpoint will increase when invasion 1944, and operation vietnam *crosses fingers* comes out, like half life did.

--------------

EDIT

I LOVE THOSE ANIMATION THINGS they're really funny

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 01 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Half life is much more an arcade game than operation flashpoint and is (although i hate to say it) more popular.<span id='postcolor'>

You can say it with pride! wink.gif

? I think you misunderstood me avon....... I meant that half life is more popular than flashpoint.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 01 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? I think you misunderstood me avon....... I meant that half life is more popular than flashpoint.<span id='postcolor'>

I understood you clearly. You didn't understand me.

You can say with pride that HL is more popular than OFP because quantity does not compare with quality. biggrin.gif

The main reason why i prefer operation flashpoint to half life is the fact that in operation flashpoint you can use tactics and strategy, graphics don't really come into it (on my computer I have to have very bad graphics for flashpoint! )

But can someone please inform me of a free program where u can make videos like that?

making films in operation flashpoint would be a very interesting challenge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 01 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">making films in operation flashpoint would be a very interesting challenge.<span id='postcolor'>

Being discussed here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Dec. 31 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played it, it all went very wrong though.

I didn't die so I didn't see the outro loose, I lost 2 or 3 men.

The chopper came after a while, I ordered the rest of my men to get in the chopper (which joined my group for some odd reason) After I got all my men in and ordered the chopper to fly off to the markers the mission failed to end  wink.gif

I reloaded it but got the same result.<span id='postcolor'>

An updated version of the TJ's MedEvac mission for SEB Nam Pack 2, that should resolve the problems experienced, is now available from its MOM review page at The FAQ.

BTW, I now see that the mission can be easy or hard to play, depending on the player's involvement. It is possible to cower in the bushes and hardly fire a shot while your squad does the work for you. However, if you're active in the attack, there's quite a bit of work to be done, as Charlies are coming at you from all directions.

I had the opposite experience, I did all the work while my men sat back and did nothing.

I will download the new version.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Jan. 02 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had the opposite experience, I did all the work while my men sat back and did nothing.<span id='postcolor'>

You must have the SUPER AI option enabled.

No other game has such clever AI! tounge.gif

I beleive that avonlady has an unhealthy obsession with operation flashpoint.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 02 2003,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I beleive that avonlady has an unhealthy obsession with operation flashpoint.<span id='postcolor'>

And to think I'm only here because I made a wrong turn on the Internet highway.

tounge.gif

lol do u think they get emails asking when the next patch will be released?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 02 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol do u think they get emails asking when the next patch will be released?<span id='postcolor'>

New OFP patch is out now! Look here!

oh my gosh!

this is fantastic.

EDIT

-------------

I really cant think of any good jokes about this *hits himself for being 15 and sexually ignorant*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 02 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really cant think of any good jokes about this<span id='postcolor'>

Wear one of them on your arm. You'll get plenty of laughs.

ummmm.................... still nothing.

this is turning into a Jamesia and avonlady spam-fest.