Euan_H

Arma 3 'Memory could not be written'

Hi guys and gals, I've not usually had any problems with my Arma but in the last few days I've suffered this issue: https://gyazo.com/66b23c154d3072e4ea27dd727ebfa7fd

'The memory could not be written'

I've verified my game cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, swapped RAM slots, and deleted the 'Arma 3' and 'Arma 3 - Other Profiles' folders but to no avail. After the reinstall, it launched once, but then it continuously suffered the error. 

Here's the report from the launcher: https://ufile.io/d769q

Specs:

i7 4790k (Not OCd)

Radeon RX 460 4GB

1TB HDD (I run arma from this but I believe some files (Like the AppData) are on my SSD?)

128GB SSD

16GB DDR3 RAM (Still living in the past)

Thanks in advance for any help, let me know if you need more info!

Hi Euan and rbtm83, am having the same problem with Arma 3 starting in 64 bit mode. If you change Arma to 32 bit mode in the Arma launcher, there shouldn't be a memory problem. Works for me.

Delete GameOverlayRenderer64.dll from your Steam directory. And then start Arma. I'll add more details in 40min when I'm home.

• Like 1

Just to add, Arma starts fine when launched directly from the .exe in it's folder, but launching from the launcher is where the problem occurs.

1 hour ago, Brandaris said:

Hi Euan and rbtm83, am having the same problem with Arma 3 starting in 64 bit mode. If you change Arma to 32 bit mode in the Arma launcher, there shouldn't be a memory problem. Works for me.

59 minutes ago, dedmen said:

Delete GameOverlayRenderer64.dll from your Steam directory. And then start Arma. I'll add more details in 40min when I'm home.

Trying these both now, will give an update soon

1 hour ago, dedmen said:

Looks like this has worked, thanks very much!

1 hour ago, Brandaris said:

Thanks for the suggestion too. I will be sure to do this as well next time if I experience any issues.

• Like 1

you also don't have to delete the GameOverlayRenderer64.dll, you can disable it: steam > arma3 > properties > disable "enable the steam overlay while in-game"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yxman said:

you also don't have to delete the GameOverlayRenderer64.dll, you can disable it: steam > arma3 > properties > disable "enable the steam overlay while in-game"

Disabling didn't work for the last 4 people I tried that with.

Ref to issue: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126841

Also you should post Arma 3 crashes on issue tracker instead of Forum. But this is good here so many people see it.

• Like 1

Deleting the GameOverlayRenderer worked just fine for me. If it happens again ik do what YXMan suggests. Thanks alot guys.