Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

helicopter / aircraft controlls

to be able to trimmers on axises instead of keys.

and please! NO run and gun. slow down tactical pace to speed of smk tactical pace

Edited by n7snk
§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

picture in picture

being able to use 2nd screen http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138316-Better-useage-of-2-or-more-monitors

for example being able to see thermal/map/transport tools there

and continue from here:

future soldier system: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138316-Better-useage-of-2-or-more-monitors&p=2202983&viewfull=1#post2202983

it's supposed to be used like tool for orientation, marking positions, and communication. not a all-see-eye obviously. just.. more advanced version of gps.

person with one screen

while "MAP" button is holded he operate with it in half of screen just like traditional map. he still can move around i guess.

for example for opfor future warrior display located on their left arm, so when you hold "MAP" key it gets bigger and on down left side of your screen, for blufor that use land warrior alike system it appear in top right corner.

person with 2 screens

hold "MAP" button he operate on another screen just like person without 2nd screen. the only difference is:

when he press "MAP" button his main screen stays the same but cursor move to map screen entirely and work like traditional map.

advantage of person with 2nd screen is extremely slim, so i may even say that he don't have any advantage over person with one screen only.

I for one would really love a slightly bigger default FOV. I know we can technically change it in the configs, but I heard this messes with a lot of things like mildot ranging, since the FOV is not meant to be changed.

Stack AI commands. Ability to issue a series of orders to AI who won't respond until ordered to (ie: 2,3 ..move there...go prone.. execute) without losing the ability of an immediate response. Might require a separate key to either pause the game while issuing commands or indicate the commands are going to be stacked.

^ Food and so would indeed be could for long mission. Really cool for snipers on long missions.

- I would like to also see wind and wind deflection on projectiles

ability to slecte where on the rails you optics are like on say the m14 which has a long rail, be able to put it further from you eye on the gun, also have some zoom scopes like acog, be able to see around them not just a black screen around them. similar to battlefield 3 and add magnifiers to things like eotechs and have the ability to flip them so the side like the real eotech magnifier.

I want some FD cars, civil ambulances and TV reporters with vans. :)))

@mistermdg

Why the constant double and tripple posting? Why can you not put all your requests and ideas in 1 or just a few posts instead of posting them almost every few posts made by others?

I consider that spamming. I will merge your posts in only a few posts and I advice you to collect your ideas before posting them all in seperate posts.

** merged 40 or so posts, your postcount has, as a result of it, been lowered with roughly that ammount.

Edited by Guest

With RTT now a feature of ARMA3 here are a few of my wishes:

Cornershot (weapon designed only for Counter-Terrorist situations):

Cornershot.jpeg165938_10150975455821936_1764612099_n.jpg

If you look here @2:33, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2F-hQlgsP0&t=153

you can see a dude with a screen on his back - this enables people behind to see what's going on in-front in tight CQB situations - would be perfect in Arma3's 'future setting'.

Edited by SASrecon

Support for maritime/navy. Great to see the upcoming underwater scenarios. But how about the rest of the ocean ? This was explored in a Bohemia document about maritime support in VBS2 which mentions some of the features below. If the ocean is not used in scenarios in the campaign then modding support would be great ...

• Ocean simulation ... Full size waves (storms). Weather, fog, gales and so on.
  • Over the horizon visibility. Realistic immersion into sea based conflict.
  • Ship rolling physics (don't forget sea sickness pills).
  • Attaching helicopters to decks.
  • Walking on decks.
  • AI control of ships.

The ArmA artificial intelligence.

• Quick landing of helicopters and quick dust off. Currently (I have the latest beta) command of AI helicopters still demands asking the pilot to disembark. Noticed this is already listed in the first post. It could probably be more accurate. The AI can already be ordered to "land on a spot" but it involves the pilot getting out (a "move to" then "disembark"). There needs to be an actual "land" command.
  • AI targeting of buildings. For example it's not currently possible to finish Warfare by asking the AI to take out the enemy HQ. The player has to do that.
  • More direct/ common sense AI commands. Look at possibly a rethink of the AI command menu structure as I still think it's unnecessarily confusing, although there may be some good reasons for it being like that that I'm not aware of (can't think of what they are).
  • AI responses/path finding are overall very good ... they use cover well, can navigate to the top of the spiral staircase of tower in ArmA2 for example. But I wonder if the full potential of the AI is really being presented to the player properly ?

Edited by DJ_Barney

C-130 varients as well as Chinook varients to be able to load vehicular cargo into the bay and transport them to be delivered at other airports OR to be dropped off into battle. In the movie Act of Valor, a RHIB boat was placed into a river via Chinook transportation and then it drove into the forest through the river where it provided massive fire support to a stealth SEAL squad that was already there. This is be AMAZING to be able to do in game. Also the C-130J or whatever sort of massive cargo plane BIS intends to put into Arma 3 should be able to do similar tasks, except it will be more used for transporting vehicles from different bases or whatever instead of bringing them into battle.

The cargo doors shall be operated by either the Pilot or Co-Pilot of the aircraft.

This will be great, always wished I didn't have to mod Arma 2 to get this feature.

Do you think you could consider these options.

Could you make a runway large enough, so that a C130 can taxi around it with no problems. Even thought there are other vehicles sitting stationary on the sideline of the taxing area.

Elivation and speed commands for vehicles.

We could use a command for jets and choppers to land. Another one for take off, and a STOP COMMAND for plans on the TARMAC trying to take off.

Each weapon that is usable on a jet or helicopter, I ask that they would be programable to any flight sticks button, lever, or trigger.

Could you make support vehicles that are under your command or in your squad, perform the actions that are requested when calling in a support actions in command. When there is not SecOp manager set up.

What about Medivac choppers land their helicopter, and the crew, not the pilot gets out and perform medical treatment. Dead soldiers could be called in for pick up. The medic crew would then come out with a stretcher, placing the fallen soldier on it, and then taking off back to base. At least let them carry three bodies in back of the medivac chopper. For the Ambulance HMMV the same actions. Either heal wounds or come to pick up the dead.

Adding the effects of cold temperture, so the need to wear and carry certain gear in your ruck on snow boards.

And some animations of opening vehicle doors, getting into tanks, and HMMV'S.

Could you add a functioning aircraft carrier, one that we can spawn on, and command planes and choppers to land on and take off.

And PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THE THE ENEMY SPIDEY SENSE.

And in real life you can do a stealth kill. Do you think you could add that type of kill in, along with at least a knife slash or a one two punch. For when your on a escape and evade mission starting off with nothing.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by COMMANDOBLACK

Ability to use the debugger in multiplayer. Who gets this ability should be defined in server.cfg using players UIDs, and possibly only while admining. External dialogs, commands and parameters entered should be broadcast (not as chat, but somewhere in the map menus or something), and all players should have access to see the history of commands, including when they were given and by whom. Maybe difficulty settings could also disable it.

Didn't see this on the first post.

Proper sling animations. We've seen different animations for lowering the weapon but it looks like the weapon still sticks to the soldiers back vertically. Looks very odd. I'd like to see sling animations where the rifle is correctly slung on the back while using launchers or using static weapons. And also hanging the weapon in front of the chest correctly when switching to sidearm.

Here's a small example for you Smookie. I know you've already done the chest position while using a sidearm in your animations mod for ArmA2 and it would be great to see more of the same in ArmA3 :)

EDIT: The second position seems to be the preferred one. For this instructor at least.

Edited by Clarkey1

• Unified environment texture plane (grass, tree leaves etc.) visibility for all players AND AI units. AI should see what players see.
  • Properly synced time and weather conditions to all players in MP missions.
  • Option to play through campaigns without touching any High command missions (I hate RTS games.)
  • New, clear, simple to use gameplay user interface
  • New, unrestricted save game system so that you don't have to backup your game saves manually in middle of missions. Ability to revert to any save point directly from the user interface.

I'd like to see all the excellent ideas from the Unreal Tournament mod, Infiltration, used in Arma3. http://dslyecxi.com/botg_infiltration.html

Just two, using the off-hand to aim a grenade throw and the weapons having 3D space, so you can't raise a rifle to your eye if you're standing right in front of a wall seem rather obvious and it would be disappointing if Arma3 fails to match a mod for UT in some respects.

For OPFOR, export versions of PRC fighters like the JF-17 Thunder and the J-10?

- Weapon auto-lowering when close to walls to navigate inside buildings easier. Not like current relaxed position with lowered weapon (2xCTRL) but "lower-ready" similar to Ground Branch demo video.

- 3 grenade throwing modes like in ACE. Normal throwing (like right now sending grenade above), rolling it on the floor/ground (should work great now that PhysX is in) and short throw directly forward (where aim is pointing) - the last one will be especially useful when throwing grenades into doorways.

helmets with cams and huds to see what other players see.. also a command center that an operator can monitor each units camera as well as operate mav or uav... basically gives someone the ability to oversee the big picture. furthermore, there has been talk about making use of mulitple monitors, this would be great for that. For example, when entering the "command center" trailer or whatever you can configure all monitors the way you want.

example of hud display/camera (google glass)

i know of some other examples but they are on netflix. basically its the soldier network setup. in testing/use today.

small, not really a mind blowing suggestion: please add speakers selection in game (headphones, stereo, 4.0 surround, 5.1 surround, 7.1 surround, dolby digital). Using 3d surround headphones, and in games, with selectable speakers through the game, i'm having really nice 3d surround, which do i miss in arma a lot.