Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Not sure what section this would fall under....

Whitelist for spawn AI module

All I've ever wanted is for the CTRG Stealth gear to have option for MTP camo. *sigh*

One of the huge gaps in arma3 is a lack of support for articulated vehicles and towing .It appears from what has been said in the discord arma forums that the engine does actually support this but the modules have been disabled. The arma community is crying out to have this functionality. So can bis please allocate resource to get it done ? Make it a dlc if you have too I think most community would be willing to pay given the functionality it provides - this is a far more important missing functionality than some alien dlc in my opinion. ! 

• Like 4

I'll upvote this too.👆

(Before i say anything else; Yes I know VBS is now different than the current ArmA/RV game engine)

VBS2 1.22 way back in 2009 had physx support for towing.  Its 2019 and we still don't have a full PhysX implementation in ArmA.  Why not? Why has it never been implemented?

For those that dont realise the possibilities:

• Walking on moving vehicles.
  • Towing
  • Realistic damage
  • Realistic object interactions/collisions (ie no more flying tanks)
  • Arguably improved performance

And far more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

functional trucks with trailers..... that would make towable artillery relevant in game.... I would support his more than anything......

8 minutes ago, wld427 said:

functional trucks with trailers..... that would make towable artillery relevant in game.... I would support his more than anything......

+ all aircraft towing, from hangars to aprons, or else.

14 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

Why not? Why has it never been implemented?

Towing with ropes is already possible.

There are two inhibitors though, vehicles automatically apply their breaks when there is no pilot in them (I have a fix for that lying around, but didn't find time to test that yet, actually don't remember where I left it, oops) and thus cannot be towed.
And additionally (afaik) the ropes have a hardcoded strength which can cause problems too if you apply too much power.

And third, can't easily retexture the ropes, though I guess people will only care about that once the other things were fixed.

About a month ago we talked about that in the ACE slack, and the automatic-breaks were the only problem we saw. And that can "relatively" easily be fixed.

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Towing with ropes is already possible.

There are two inhibitors though, vehicles automatically apply their breaks when there is no pilot in them (I have a fix for that lying around, but didn't find time to test that yet, actually don't remember where I left it, oops) and thus cannot be towed.
And additionally (afaik) the ropes have a hardcoded strength which can cause problems too if you apply too much power.

And third, can't easily retexture the ropes, though I guess people will only care about that once the other things were fixed.

About a month ago we talked about that in the ACE slack, and the automatic-breaks were the only problem we saw. And that can "relatively" easily be fixed.

No, not the same thing.  The community towing solutions are only a work around. We are talking about more than just tow ropes. With a proper physX setup we are talking about proper articulated vehicles.  The ability to hook up trailers and tow at speed without lag and massive rubber banding.

This was a feature in VBS 1.22 in 2009. Why not now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

The ability to hook up trailers and tow at speed without lag and massive rubber banding.

yeah I thought that was what I was talking about.
To get rid of rubber banding you have to make sure the to-be-towed vehicle is local to the driver of the tow vehicle. That should be enough.

Though not sure how to do the front wheel turning 🤔

The rest is just a vanilla implementation of mouse wheel actions to hook up ropes.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, sentryuk said:

One of the huge gaps in arma3 is a lack of support for articulated vehicles and towing .It appears from what has been said in the discord arma forums that the engine does actually support this but the modules have been disabled. The arma community is crying out to have this functionality. So can bis please allocate resource to get it done ? Make it a dlc if you have too I think most community would be willing to pay given the functionality it provides - this is a far more important missing functionality than some alien dlc in my opinion. ! 

Thread moved to the correct location, please try to post in the correct place. - Thanks

6 minutes ago, sentryuk said:

Where exactly ?

This thread, hence why i moved your thread.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:13 PM, Tex_Actual said:

All I've ever wanted is for the CTRG Stealth gear to have option for MTP camo. *sigh*

I made a mod for something close to that, CTRG stealth gear with an arid camo. Basically I made the CTRG fatigues used on Altis into stealth fatigues.

Once again ... a Module Spawn AI update adding new factions, such as Gendarmerie, LDF, Syndikat, Looters, CSAT (Pacific), Spetsnaz.

• Like 2

It would be cool to get a couple of assets and features, both for Apex and Contact (and some other DLC's), and in general

for instance, for Apex:
1. AKM GL
2. RPK (since we have the old RPK magazine available)
3. SVD

for Contact:
1. A marksman variant of the AK-12 Platform

2. A version of the Mk14 (Classic) that has no top rails

3. A Benelli shotgun
4. Underslung Shotguns for the AK-12, MX and SPAR platforms

for Tanks DLC:
1. A new MBT for both NATO and CSAT: a sort of fictionalized version of the Challenger II tank would be cool, and for CSAT, as a sort of reserve tank (that could be used for other factions as well), the T-90 or T-80

for Jets DLC:
1. A new missile launcher and radar system for INDFOR forces, and maybe a new ship for CSAT

and for general usage:
1. A version of the Basic Helmet that is covered
2. A new module for 3DEN that allows you to set up Dynamic Music (like in Contact's campaign, where there is music for exploration, and music for combat)

3. Another new module that would allow you to lock all buildings in a radius, like the "Edit Terrain Object" tool

I will update this whenever I think of something else, so that I dont clutter up this thread with multiple posts.

I fully expect that that none of these ideas would happen, but just thought that nothing ventured, nothing gained, so went ahead.

Edited by General Kong
new additions
  • Like 3

remade Utes with livonia assets! at least is playable online!

I know this is a suuuuper minor thing, but I'd really love some of the more unique voices in the player profile customization. We've got a decent selection as-is, but I think it'd be cool to see some more stand-outs.

For example, the IFV commander with a really heavy Brooklyn accent during The East Wind's campaign:

Or the stereotypical Midwesterner from Contact (potentially tiny spoilers, nothing major though):

Spoiler

Adding onto this, it'd be neat to let the player select a voice regardless of faction affiliation, so you could have Russian voices while on BLUFOR, and so on. Maybe a configurable option for servers and mission makers, whether or not to allow non-faction voices.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, zman6258 said:

I know this is a suuuuper minor thing, but I'd really love some of the more unique voices in the player profile customization. We've got a decent selection as-is, but I think it'd be cool to see some more stand-outs.

For example, the IFV commander with a really heavy Brooklyn accent during The East Wind's campaign:

Or the stereotypical Midwesterner from Contact (potentially tiny spoilers, nothing major though):

Reveal hidden contents

Adding onto this, it'd be neat to let the player select a voice regardless of faction affiliation, so you could have Russian voices while on BLUFOR, and so on. Maybe a configurable option for servers and mission makers, whether or not to allow non-faction voices.

Yeah, the voices atm are very... mehh?