Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

If only the SQF parser could raise an error already upon trying to derefer an unknown literal/variable (typically due to some typo) instead of just going silent and answering with nil... that'd be soooo great.

Seriously... who is responsible for this? Who did this and thought this was a reasonable decision?

YOU OWE ME A BEER OR SOMETHING!!!! :drinking:

It would be cool if they made an mtp uniform. With the British flag on and maybe a couple more pmc/guerilla outfits.

ArmA1 has an option to switch audio device for voice chat, it would be great to see it back in ArmA3, also it would be great if it would work with internal radio commands.

The thermal imager should be more realistic, in fact it has not changed since the first arma.

I won't be original in this, but still. BI, pls, pretty pls, remove the USS Freedom from this game, and if you absolutely want to have a carrier in game, replace it with Nimitz mod carrier.

Because the USS Freedom  - as it is of now -  is the ugly ink blot on your reputation. It cannot properly hold aircrafts on it's flight deck (in multiplayer), you constantly get exploded when you land on it, you have troubles to put the needed aircrafts on it as Zeus, you do not have proper volume inside it, and overall - it was just so badly made, that QA should not allowed it into game. I understand, that this was third-party add-on, made for you by someone who has improper hand placement, but it is way better to have just catapult trigger to use on something.

I ranting here mostly because in vanilla operations you can lose more than a half of your assets just for that freaking glitchy flight deck, and you will have infinite troubles to put some more of them in it.

Please, remove it. It is better just to not having this option than to have it and constantly fighting with it.

• Sad 2

A better solution would be just to not use it. Quite a few of us enjoy it and are grateful for it. If you prefer the Nimitz mod, use it instead. 

• Like 1

In the Jet DLC there is a deck handler with a brown leather vest, the texture is a clearly for the Tactical vest, please BIS add in this very good version in eden is a fantastic variable for guerrilla faction!

Apex protocol campaign port to single player. 

My suggestions for

Gameplay :

• when my AI is out of ammo or I want him to use another weapon, is it possible to point to the weapon on the ground or point to the specific death solder and command my AI to use his weapon and not some weapon that is available on the play filed?
  • is it possible to limit enemy AI field of view so they cannot shoot through the thick forest or thick fog like there is now obstacle .

This two thing is are really make me very angry while playing.

Not that I'm a mod, but first things first.

You might wanna check out (and use):

and/or

for such ideas/suggestions.

Anyhow, as to your first point. Yes the damn radio-menu is ancient, and not very user-friendly, nor really effective at many things. One of those things is the management of your AI and its loadout. So that's not really a new suggestion, and probably needs to be fleshed out quite a bit (that is also consider all the other actions hidden in the radio menu). In the meantime, you're probably best served by:

1. Order your AI to move to where new weapon/ammo (most likely someone dead) is situated.
  2. Pray that not much else is laying around there with an inventory.
  3. Order your AI to open its inventory and pick up stuff for it manually.

If the second point fails, you have to either remove the other crap, or pick out the good stuff and move it somewhere else, then repeat. Yeah, it's all fucking annoying, so I suggest to build/play missions, where looting isn't necessary/big of a deal. Certainly not for AI. Or... or just switch to your AI unit if that's possible.

As for your second point: you can try to adjust the AI skills, which should do the trick. Other than that: no, the AI isn't really cheating. But there are certainly edge-cases, where a human might not be able to spot anything, while the AI still gets a ray of vision through... or the AI might just have heard you.

• Like 2

How came the NATO and CSAT to Altis and Stratis ?

How move the NATO, CSAT and specially the AAF here heavy equipment to the big shooting range (military area) on Stratis ?

How it can possible that the AAF (Altis Armed Forces), a local Army of an Island Republic didnt have a Marine ?

There are so many beautiful beaches and ports for landing and of course diving missions !

49 pictures why we need landing ships in Arma 3:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0uv19rnq3zgxvs4/AAAHkQAW_J_BuL9Tfp0TjB_pa?dl=0

It would be nice if you added the V-44 X Blackfish and Y-32 Xi'an angle of the engines 92-95 *. You can reset (slow down the speed) the speed when boarding and taxiing.

Could you guys release an AAF and CSAT camouflaged uniforms for sale? I would love to play airsoft with an AAF camo BDU

• Like 1

i just want the development team to make some changes. first of all could u pls change the minigun 6.5mm. to M134 minigun 7.62mm. in UH-80 GHOST HAWK ? cause of more like the real BLACK HAWK and make GHOST HAWK have available support from the DYNAMIC LOADOUT because it's a UTILITY helicopter right? if its mounted only just 2 miniguns i think its will doing good only with troop transport missions only

Regards 

Brooklyn 

Since PU 1.82, the vehicle cargo capacity is UNBEARABLY low - that's for sure! The new cargo capacity system might be realistic now, but it also f***s up existing play styles!

I can barely place 3 weapons (an assault rifle, a sniper rifle and an AT-Weapon) and just a few explosives + a UAV bag into a Qilin or Prowler - is this a joke? (Before PU 1.82, I could place 7 or more weapons, 4 ExC and 2 ExS, dozens of grenades and many other stuff into the same vehicles :/ )

The Request: (honestly, it's more a desparate plead...)

PLEASE (I'm pleading you BIS!), in the next PU at least add an option to use the old vehicle capacity system, if the user (or server admin) desires it - by this way, the new system and the old system can coexist together!

T.S.O.M.

Edited by The Spirit of Morpheus

Saw the May 30press release that the team is winding down.

Devs - you want to extend the longevity and demand for Arma 3? Three suggestions:

1) Make everything that can be carried or added as a small item able to allowable added to inventory. Yep, there's mods that do it but nothing official. But it should've been part of Arma 3 from day 1.

2) Take all the maps from the previous arma releases and have an official map pack. Heck, I'd pay $20 for official Chernarus or Takistan.The community versions are good, but... an official mod would be better. Go one better and take all the Arma 2 maps and vehicles and have an official mod.

3) DayZ may have made you money, but it is a functional and reputational embarrassment. Get a real, integrated zombie functions,movements, attacks, etc. You want to make a zillion more dollars? Make a challenging AI zombie.

with the release of Tanks DLC (well-done team!) id like to put a seemingly simple yet amazing idea to you

"advanced" tracked vehicle controls. your tracked vehicles look amazing and add so much more immersion but there's just one thing that's bugging me.. can we get some kind of controls for left, right track

EG. have 2 joy sticks set up in a way that each controls the forward/ reverse movement for each track, perhaps even suspension adjustments as well?

So, the start-up instructions in the Weisel interior got me thinking... Hold Space to Start Vehicle?

The current "engine on" command is bit arcadey, it'd be a neat feature, have variable start-up times for various vehicles, have stalling as a potential damage state (so, an interesting form of temporary immobilization) - I guess it'd probably need to be implemented sort of like the advanced flight model for helicopters, since most 3rd party addons wouldn't immediately be compatible, and probably wouldn't be to everyone's tastes, but could definitely add a lot to the simulation, IMHO.

1 hour ago, biggerdave said:

So, the start-up instructions in the Weisel interior got me thinking... Hold Space to Start Vehicle?

have variable start-up times for various vehicles, have stalling as a potential damage state 

on this, I'm not sure how tanks currently operate, though I know with the Abrams when running on diesel you need to accelerate before rotating the vehicle, so in a controls term for the game, perhaps having an analogue acceleration would be fitting.

an idea would be having. like you say with the advanced helicopters, separate rpm control to collective though in this case power to the tracks via another set of variable controllers.

the stalling feature would be great, though perhaps instead of damage it would just increase the startup time for that instance. it's very rare that you would actually damage anything by stalling it, rather you might flood the engine making it difficult to start the next time

On 4/3/2018 at 3:12 AM, maxl30 said:

How came the NATO and CSAT to Altis and Stratis ?

How move the NATO, CSAT and specially the AAF here heavy equipment to the big shooting range (military area) on Stratis ?

How it can possible that the AAF (Altis Armed Forces), a local Army of an Island Republic didnt have a Marine ?

There are so many beautiful beaches and ports for landing and of course diving missions !

49 pictures why we need landing ships in Arma 3:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0uv19rnq3zgxvs4/AAAHkQAW_J_BuL9Tfp0TjB_pa?dl=0

mods my friend, mods

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882138618

and if you want an LHD to go with it then it is in amongst the CUP Vehicles mods

• Like 1

In the jet DLC, there is a vest for the DeckHandler. 
The vest has a fantastic brown leather texture that fit perfectly for tacticalvest in vanilla game. Unfortunally the UV map isn't the same.
Please BIS add this fantastic texture in vanilla game

Thanks in advance

Look, ArmA 3 needs to be modded if you want to properly play the game. Or atleast if you want to have an easier time playing, for example when doing Zeus Missions, it's atleast a thousand times easier. Why don't you give Zeuses the ability, to atleast in Public Community Zeus be able to load the Ares Mod in, since it would make the Player and Zeus experience so much easier, since the Developer Console got disabled.

I really try to push this, and will post it a lot, in the hope that the Developers see this, as really, just imagine Public Zeuses which could actually work like MilSim.

In general, Zeus needs a revamp, and many improvements. It's already good, but there's room for much more.

• Like 1

Edit: why the hell did this get moved to this thread, the entire point was to stimulate a discussion

I have seen discussions about granular weapon interaction before, and typically the idea is not particularly well received. The general sentiment tends to be something like "it would be cool, but it's sort of outside the scope of the game and most players wouldn't want it." That's about how I felt too.

However, that view couldn't be more wrong.

I recently picked up a game called Receiver, by Wolfire games. It's an FPS that was made for a 7 day challenge, and completely changed the way I view this issue. The game is nothing but a simple randomly generated series of rooms filled with extremely simple enemies, gun turrets, and flying taser bots. The player gets a single handgun, and a random number of spare rounds and magazines.

The weapon interaction is 100% accurate. Every function of the handguns is modeled and controllable by combinations of the T, R, E, and Z keys. Ammunition is stored loose, and has to be manually inserted into the magazines. It is the single most realistic firearm-centric game I've ever played. The effects the handling has on the gameplay are beyond description.

The center of the issue I now see is this: in an FPS game, reloading is an extremely easy task. You press a single button, and your character reloads. Your attention stays outwards, towards the enemy. Reloading seems like just an arbitrary cooldown for your shooting.

Receiver taught me that this could not be further from the truth. Reloading actually takes a large amount of focus inwards, away from the enemy, and the dynamics it introduces into the gunplay are awesome. It fundamentally changes the way gunfights play out. All of my personal experience with firearms has been in relaxed, non-combat environments and so I had never considered the mental load reloading would put on a soldier in a stressful situation.

The fact that someone could make a game whose only feature is detailed weapon handling is a testament to this. The rest of the game -- enemies, environment, story -- are basically the bare minimum for a finished game, and yet it's one of the most compelling and interesting games I've played. You only ever do one thing in the game, search for cassette tapes and spare ammunition while defending yourself, yet I've racked up 7 hours in the two days I've owned it.

You really have to play it to understand it. Detailed weapon interaction sounds cool in theory, but doesn't seem that compelling in the grand scheme of things.

Playing this game, however, will entirely change your view about what it means to be in a firefight. I know it may not be reasonable to expect BI to implement something like this in the next iteration of Arma, but I think it's absolutely critical to pushing the realism of infantry combat further, and it would be a difference of leaps and bounds, not just steps. BI, please have your designers play this game and decide for themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the_demongod said:

Reloading actually takes a large amount of focus inwards, away from the enemy, and the dynamics it introduces into the gunplay are awesome.

In reality, reloading should be conducted with the weapon up infront of the face in a way that allows you to scan your environment without the need to look down at your weapon, reducing situation awareness. 

Either way, i don't think I'd be on board with a change like that. But you could have a go at doing it yourself. With a few key down event handlers and a dialog to give a few visual cues you'd be surprised at what you might be able to come up with.