Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Fully modeled and functional interiors for vehicles that do have any

Speedometer

Tachometer

Various pressure and temp guages where appropriate to determine vehicle status

Multiple viewports

Reverse camera

Picture in picture MFDs

Unique faction weapons

CSAT, NATO, AAF should not share so many weapons or weapon systems, it feels very lazy

The following weapons should be replaced with unique equivalent weapons for AAF and CSAT

Titan Compact

Titan MPRL

PCML (AAF only)

Weapon system aboard the Ifrit and the Strider

Weapon system aboard the Gorgon

Weapon system aboard the Sochor

Entire turret of the Tigris (it is a blatant copy of the Cheetah's turret)

Skalpel

Mortar

Man-portable 12.7 mm HMG

Man-portable 40 mm GMG

RGO

RGN

Green hex camo variants for all CSAT guns that currently do not have it

"Peek" ability

Automatically adjust stance to peek around cover

Detects the ideal direction to adjust stance

Similar to MCC cover system, but the player can peak without looking down optics

If there is not cover to peek around, the button will adjust stance up slightly

Example: simulates propping up on elbows from a prone position

Essentially a one-button, context-sensitive version of the current stance adjustment system

More utilization of picture in picture

PIP optics for all infantry weapon optics

PIP for vehicle gunners

No more face planting into the MFD when aiming the gun on any vehicle

Vehicle interior or canopy is visible while looking at the gunner's MFD

Example: improves situational awareness of helicopter gunners, as in reality

Example: the gunner of the hunter can actually use the MFD that sits in front of him, instead of filling his entire screen with it

Total load-out weight in Arsenal screen

Need for food and water

Realistic hunger and thirst for long, mil-sim operations

Hydration bladder with a capacity bar or just bottles that can be consumed

Rations that can be consumed

Visual/audible effects of dehydration and hunger, blurred vision, coughing, etc.

• Like 1

Hi Community

As many other people here have stated, about the crash physics in Arma 3, i will agree that it seriously needs a revamp.

As a regular rotorhead, i cannot rightly express my frustration when doing a pinnacle landing in an area full of trees,and if you even slightly graze the leafes and branches the rotors do not brake, the whole helicopter does, as in explodes. Also hitting your tailrotor against anything that grazes it will cause your beloved aircraft to, yes, explode.

BI, i urge you to take notes from simulators like DCS. Since DCS is a dedicated flight simulator for both rotary and fixed wing, they have coined the crash physics, and set a precedent for future games. Now, DCS, aswell as Arma 3, is 4+ years old by now, and it should be noted that this really should have happened some time ago.

People might disagree with my opinions, but that is what the internet is for, really.

- DeTesla

• Like 2

There seems to be a lot of issues with people uploading other people's work onto the steam workshop without their consent, typically in cases where this hasn't been done for various licence reasons. Would it be possible to have a function somewhere like cfgpatches to prevent this?

ie:

class CfgPatches
{
    class SomeGenericAddonName
    {
        units[]=    {};
        weapons[]={};
        requiredVersion=0.1;
        workshopAllowed=False;
    };
};

EDIT: Now that I think about it a bit more, a variant of .pbo that the publisher can't upload without the private key would probably be a better solution.

Hi @BIS. Please do the work on the thermal vision in the game. Today, (v1.74) it is far from perfect :(

There are some omissions:

* Too much brightness.

The thermal vision in the Arma3, looks as not fair ability, because at any distance, the player sees the enemy, as torches in the dark. It's too bright!!! 
Thus, the thermal scopes -TWS and TWS MG,  will always are surpass any other sight in the game. Please, reduce the brightness of all objects, which really do not burn at the moment, since today the flaming object and the strolling man, have the same thermal brightness.  

* NO influence of distances.

The distance does not affect quality of thermal detection, at least it is not tangible. All objects are visible at identical infinite distances and for all thermal devices in the game and with same brightness.  Please, try to create the linear brightness reduction depending on the distance

* NO personal features of different thermal devices.

There are no noticeable personal characteristics for different thermal devices. For example, the thermal vision of the tank and the NVG, have the same capabilities. Please, create personalized features, at least for some personal thermal devices. For example, as seems to me, the range of thermal detection, for sight of hand weapons (TWS & TWS MG sights) and night vision googles (Compact NVGs) should be reduced, while the thermal vision of combat vehicles, at the large distances can be more effective.

* NO realistic visualization.
The thermal image looks excessively smooth and crisp. There is no graininess in the visualization.  
Please, try add a noise or some blur effects.  If we look at the real thermal vision on YouTube, we will see this particular qualities.

* NO influence of weather.

The weather has no noticeable effect on the thermal vision. In heavy rain and thick fog, the brightness of the all objects radiating heat, will be the same. 

Please, create a weather effect on the thermal vision. Bad weather conditions should significantly impede detection.

* There is NO influence of time of day.

Look at the imager in the deep of night - 02:50 am or at - 12:00 pm - there is no noticeable difference!  In the daytime in sunny weather, buildings should heat up and this means in the thermal imagery they should be more brighter than man. Please, devide  the effect of the day and night on what we see in the thermal imager.

* NO birds in the thermal vision.

Birds are not displayed as a light source. We see beautifully other animals but birds are an exception.

Please, make the birds as visible in the thermal vision, because it doesn't look good.

I mainly play KOTH servers with jets enabled and I notice that with a team stacked with good jet pilots there is no way of getting to the capture area since the current AA is just target practice for jets.

Will Bohemia update the Tigiris and its sister with self aiming guns that gets its targeting data from the new radar overhaul?

It would be nice to get a range of AA system like the Patriot that only targets jets but with longer range missiles with greater accuracy.

other things that would be good to see are the Chaparral and some of these network systems:

-FAAR radar system

-Rapier system

-SARH missle options

Automated aiming for the tigiris cannons would be the best start.

The Jets DLC added not one but three new AA systems?

22 hours ago, GBee2 said:

The Jets DLC added not one but three new AA systems?

Yup,a Phalanx CIWS-like system and two missile based systems.

18 minutes ago, Daniel Gilliland said:

Those arn't land based; so three weapon systems are usless for 90% of modded servers that are running.

Jan6th.jpg

Also there are ground-based equivalents of the Mk.29 Sparrow launchers, like NASAMS

There's literally nothing stopping people placing these turrets down on the ground in the editor, instead of on the carrier

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel Gilliland said:

Those arn't land based; so three weapon systems are usless for 90% of modded servers that are running.

Nope. You can place these turrets on the ground. In fact, people have used the AttachTo command to place a CIWS on top of the box truck 

On 12/08/2017 at 2:34 PM, Daniel Gilliland said:

You can place them wherever you want to.

The next DLC, Tac-Ops, is centered on SP play. I'd like to point some small annoying things that affect SP players that probably the devs could fix without too much effort.

INVENTORY
- Give us the ability to change gear directly with other team mate. Currently you have to drop the items on the ground an then use the "Inventory" command with the other unit near the items.

- The same of above but between 2 team mates.

- The "Inventory" command should be fixed on top of the menu. The same with others like "Open subordinate inventory". I fact, all the variable stuff like dropped items should be left on bottom, or removed.

- Double-clicking a weapon shows its accessories but not the loaded magazine. I swear that I have already seen it in the game and then disappeared.

- The ability to open the virtual arsenal for other team members. Currently the arsenal only works for the player.

- The ability to repack ammo for the player and other team members.

IA
- Desesperately we need to cancel the forced danger status. In other words, we need to force the "Area Clear". Most of the times there is no such danger after the first event.

- Please fix the endless "No ammo" state even if you have given the unit 20 magazines.

- The ability to force the team members to change to primary / secondary weapon.

- Give us the ability to manupulate the "KnowsAbout" value via scripting.

COMMANDING
- Copy my stance should be strictly be what it means, copy my exact stance.

- The ability to mount / dismount and turn on / off the silencers, flashlights, IR lasers of my team members.

MISC
- The player should be able to hide and drag dead bodies. Hiding bodies could be unrealistic, but al least dragging is necessary.

6 minutes ago, VanZant said:

-snip-

moved your post to the correct place.

What is really needed is a new medic system!!!

It really annoys me a lot when I'm injured, the medic is still alive and although I say "injured", the squad leader never tells the medic to heal me.

I think the best option is to do the same as ArmA 1 - hence add an option "heal" when the player is near a medic to force the medic to heal.

Otherwise it's always random and very frustrating: we never know when or if the medic will come to help us.

• Like 6

What about a melee hit?

It'd be hella useful to push enemies a little at close range.

And, besides, it adds to the realistic feel.

• Like 1

Bringing RPG -7V into year of 2035

I know that requesting from Devs to update earlier (finished) weapon model is not really something that is going to happen, but after playing APEX DLC for a while now, I must say that RPG-7V is really a fun weapon to use.

What can be found that Devs decided not to use any ammunition variation for it, which made it strange, after all they could have made copies of current real life ammunition and then named them something else or even make a totally new rocket, using imagination. I was thinking that latter there is going to be some additional work on it, but after APEX release it was limited to quick bug fixes and DLC was forgotten. (There are still some texture issues and weird AK-12 left hand grip). 

If it's possible I would like to ask Arma 3 Devs to bring their APEX DLC weapon RPG-7V into year 2035, or at least into year of 2017 with more ammunition options, the current <300mm penetration PG-7VM is outdated by today's standard (but still used in large numbers), so at least changing, editing rocket model into PG-7VL and with specification values that allow <500mm armor penetration would make it more balanced for using it in year of 2035. After all, the current RPG-32 (RPG42) offers better penetration <650mm and range 350-700m, Compared to possible PG-7VL penetration of <500mm and range of 250-300m. I would say it would not make it OP and in return it will be more useful.

So please BIS, either just change PG-7VM into PG-7VL , or even add more ammunition for RPG-7 (also maybe add optics?). It will not hurt a gameplay at all.

P.S. Yes, I know about mods, but that's not the point.

Regards

FoxFort

Malden 2035 - grid 030072 - I would expect some echo when some sound is made (for example shots fired), something like 3D sound effect like EAX or something similar.

• Like 1

@BIS!  In the Arma3 still does not exist the ragdoll or death-animations for all static gunners and quadbike crew!

Please finally add this for all static gunners and quad bike crew. 

Since the 2013 release, all tickets on these issues at feedback tracker have been ignored.

This:

and

looks so ugly 

Please, spare the game from this!

Helicopters seem to have a really hard time landing troops, sometimes they just hover above the waypoint at 100 feet and literally "drop off" their passengers. Also, I think it'd be really nice to have an interface or subsection of the editor dedicated to replays of missions, and having the ability to record a play session, with a certain record hotkey. I think lots of people would like to relive their best moments. It'd also make life for machinima makers like me a whole lot easier. Lastly having the ability to record an action, i.e, moving across a field then firing three shots, and then being able to place down a unit and make him follow that exact path and then fire the same three shots at the same three places. I think we also need to be able to to set units to not move without having commands. Just adding a little more user friendliness would be nice.

• Like 1

Would love to see a DLC based around aircraft carrier deck operations where you're part of a carrier deck crew fueling, controlling, landing planes etc and even piloting planes. There's a carrier in the jets DLC but I'd love to see more done in regards to the aircraft carriers themselves with even an explorable interior. I could definitely see showcases based around each carrier deck job and roles throughout the aircraft carrier. It would also be a refreshing addition to multiplayer having players assist each other in the maintenance of the carrier deck with the added pressure of time, such as planes and helicopters waiting to land, and even the pressure of combat or close range contact whilst still needing to keep the deck operational. We've seen many ground and air based experiences with this game but not much when it comes to naval operations. I've always wanted gaming companies to touch more on the area as it isn't seen very often in games and naval units definitely need some attention and recognition in military simulation.

Would love to see a DLC based around aircraft carrier deck operations where you're part of a carrier deck crew fueling, controlling, landing planes etc and even piloting planes. There's a carrier in the jets DLC but I'd love to see more done in regards to the aircraft carriers themselves with even an explorable interior. I could definitely see showcases based around each carrier deck job and roles throughout the aircraft carrier. It would also be a refreshing addition to multiplayer having players assist each other in the maintenance of the carrier deck with the added pressure of time, such as planes and helicopters waiting to land, and even the pressure of combat or close range contact whilst still needing to keep the deck operational. Aircraft carriers are very versatile and have a wide range of uses that could also be included in game like special operations gameplay, diving, search and rescue and much more. We've seen many ground and air based experiences with this game but not much when it comes to naval operations. I've always wanted gaming companies to touch more on the area as it isn't seen very often in games and naval units definitely need some attention and recognition in military simulation.

Tanks DLC looks like it's going to be the last one so i wouldnt get your hopes up

It'd be pretty neat if we could define a character's nationality in their identity, then flag patches on uniforms would dynamically adjust - sort of like how faces (or clan patches) work right now.