Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Hello,

I like the Arma 3 inventory but its not perfect and i have some wishes for it.

1. When you have 10 magazines on the ground you must press 10 times right click to put it in your inventory, it would be better when you press 1 time Shift and right click and that then all the magazines would be in your inventory.

2. When a gun with scope ... is on the ground you must put the gun first in the hand to see what sope is on the gun and to put only scope in your inventory, but it would be better when you press 2 times on the gun and then it opens a small menu where  you can see what scope is on the gun and that you can also put only the scope in the inventory not the hole gun.

Totally agree about the magazines-especially if you need to take 5 smoke grenades out of your backpack.

Regarding double clicking a weapon to remove just it's attachments-this can now be done.At least it can in Dev branch.Not sure if it is in stab;e yet.But it is being implemented.

Need more Scenario generators and Campaign generators. There are a large portion of us who are working slaves. It is so disappointing to have a simulation like Arma 3, but can't use it to it's full potential cause I'm reminded of being a slave and having no time to program in my own mission. Or exhausted and my brain just odesn't have the motivation to dream up the next blockbuster. Please Bohemia, it would be nice to have a generator for infantry as well as vehicles. Maybe something simple like M1 Tank Platoon from Microprose for example. They also had mission/campaign generators.

I hope someone reads this. This lack of mission generators has been a sad point for me. I hate pre-planned missions. I like the un-expected.

• Like 1

I would love a feature to be brought back that was removed. Up until a couple of months ago you could have it set so that your squad mate markers would only show up if you selected the squad member-then it would fade away again. That feature was removed-even though most other menu features can still be set to "fade".

Now you can only have it set to "on" which is distracting and immersion breaking or "off" which makes it very hard to tell which ai squad mate is which or to find them if they wander off a little.

No idea why this was removed, but i would love it brought back-even as a mod would be great.

• Like 1

As my game experience AI see like there is no grass at all. When I have terrain on standard or higher and I'm in high grass I can't see anyting especially if I play in first person, but AI will see me. So I put terrain on low and there is no more grass and I can see AI like they see me:)

This can be also advantage in multiplayer if someone have no "grass" and someone have, then player who have is not protacted by high grass:)

My point of this is - the terrain should be the same for all and players should't be able to change terrain settings(like removing grass). Also if you are in high grasss AI shouldn't see you especially if they don't see you before.

While using the zeus i find myself a lot of time recreating the same mini bases over and over again.

For example 1 big military tower with 1 small at the side, some buildings and some environmental stuff...

The thing is with the pre builded bases only changing up a few things makes it already feel fresh to the player.

While at the same time it saves so much time for the game master (zeus) at that moment.

Looking to what is possible and what has been done i really think adding something that ports us in a  arsenal.

With the normal zeus interface enabling you to place objects and save them for later use in the real zeus.

Kinda again like how the arsenal is right now but instead of weapons gear etc etc you do it now with the premade bases((empty)groups>objects).

So we can spent loads of time making cool looking working bases while at the same time it takes us less time to place them when we playing.  B)

Please introduce a server queue where players can wait and get the first free slot on a full server.

• Like 1

I would love different types of ammonition. Especially with APEX where you are no longer just placed against armored infantry. Unprotected units like the syndicate would ask for jacketed hollow point or similar. Anti material rifles simply need armor piercing and high explosive ammo. And of course the one thing i was always hoping for: subsonic ammo. The KIR is the only one with proper ammunition. Every other rifle should have the option to load subsonic ammo.

Since airplanes are the current focus and new jets DLC is coming:

Would it be possible to have working cockpit instruments on those airplanes we already have?

For example Altimeter on A-143 Buzzard.

Having that said. I would love to see all Instruments in current and new jets fully operational.

It is only the question of implementing something already existent.

For example waypoint indicator is working in helicopters but not in CAS.

Best regards

Vent

The ingame Steamworkshop scenario list can become very cluttered over time (hundrets of missions). Right now, scenarios are added in one continous list which can be displayed according to name, time subscribed and rating. This still leaves a huge list with often cryptic names that do not tell what the mission is about.

We need some grouping and sorting function. Ideally, we would be able to make little folders inside this workshop list. Then we could name them Helicopter, Divers, A-10 for instance and simply drag and drop all missions that we feel belong there (whatever name the author published it under) in the different folders. If i wanted to play a diver mission one day, i simply open/expand that folder and find all the maritim missions that i placed in there.

This would not require doing anything about the steam workshop integration i think. The way you subscribe, open the missions workshop page ingame would be left as is. Any plans on this some time in the future? I'd rather not start unsubscribing missions to keep this list somehow managable. Thx.

• Like 2

Hello! This is my first post in these forums; after finding this thread I just couldn't help but sign up!

Over the past months I've been experimenting with a custom inventory system, somewhat similar to ArmA 2's inventory. But I couldn't notice the lack of some functions which I believe would help out a lot of people. Here's the situation:

Currently, it is not possible to access items/magazines/weapons in a player's uniform/vest/backpack specifically via scripts. Functions like itemCargo only have limited use, as they return the class of every item in a container, but don't allow us to manipulate them. A commonly used workaround is to either run code on ALL items of a certain type in a container (think "recombining magazines"), or on an item designated by the player via clicking on it in the inventory UI. While both methods work fine in a few cases, they're very restrictive as you cannot work with specific items only, let alone run functions on them.

My suggestion is to add new scripting functions which will enable us to interact with inventory items in a more straight-forward and in-depth way. Currently, it seems as if the inventory is handled entirely by the engine and cannot be tampered with at all - and I would like to see a way for us to access it.

The idea is that every gear container has a list of all items in it, each with a unique ID. Each entry in this list is an array (or similar) which stores information about the item in question. In the case of a weapon, there would be sub-entries such as "muzzle", "bipod", "optic", etc. which in turn would also be arrays. Why? Because this way we can get even more information out of every sub-entry, like checking how much ammo is left in the currently loaded magazine, and how much it can hold at most (when full).

Let's take this idea further. If we could not only read pre-defined entries, but also create our very own, things could get really interesting. We could make items that can store custom data. Think of a note/paper item - with this system we could write text onto this piece of paper and it would persist, allowing for complex mission dynamics that were previously impossible! Or, well, really damn difficult to achieve properly.

Here are a few functions that I think would be extremely useful:

• (object Cargo) getGearData [number UID, string Name, any DefaultValue] - return any -  Much like the existing setVariable function, this would enable us to access data stored on an item. For example, getGearData [3, "ammo", 0] would return the amount of rounds that are currently in the item #3 (which could be a magazine). Furthermore, we could inquire about the attachments that are on a weapon stored in our backpack: getGearData[17, "optic", ""] could return something along the lines of "optic_Arco".
  • (object Cargo) setGearData [number UID, string Name, any DefaultValue] - return nothing - The counterpart to getGearData, this would enable us to write custom data to inventory objects.
  • (object Cargo) deleteGear (number UID) - return bool - Delete a specific item from a cargo container using the item's UID. Returns true if item with UID was successfully deleted (if it existed), false otherwise.
  • getAllGear (object Cargo) - return array - Returns the entire data array of the cargo container. This includes all items in the container and their UID, aswell as their sub-entries in the form of nested arrays. Basically spits out everything there is in a specific gear container.
  • getAllGearList (object Cargo) - return array - A simplified version of getAllGear that only returns a list of all items with UIDs, but omits their sub-entries. Only useful if it is any faster than getAllGear, otherwise redundant.

Now, I'm aware this is a lot to ask, as it would probably require a full recode of the way items are currently handled altogether, but it'd give us so much more freedom in regard to mods. I'd open up an ocean of possibilities which I'm sure will lead to some really interesting game mechanics

Lastly, sorry for the wall of text, but this is something I've had in my mind for a long time. I guess I got a little carried away, hehe... :P

• Like 1

-I'd like for bohemia to add magazine cross compatibility and appropriate display models depending on magazine. The Squad AR should be able to use rifle magazines, and said magazines will have unique visuals and animations.

- Weapon skins pickable similar to vehicle skins. Also more tweakable components of vehicles.

-I'd also like smarter civilians who animate differently, with fear. and cower and run away in a warzone instead of standing up non-chalently and running around. When prone and crouched they should have their hands protecting their heads for example. At the moment they're annoying and goofy looking. Not at all convincing.

-Armoured vehicle interiors would be nice.

-Un-encrypt APEX dlc pbos so we can make retextures.

-Not every vehicle has to explode dramatically. It'd be nice if they had crumple zones, areas that can be damaged or broken off like rotors. Crash landings being possible without fireballs.

-More vehicle functionality to bring it up to speed with RHS and such. Being able to turn out of MRAPS and such, using the infantry hatch for scouting with binos or weapon optics, or just shooting something in absence of a turret.

-Finally it'd be nice if you could duck inside of a vehicle, for example if someone is spraying bullets into your windshield. Leaning out the window of all vehicles too, more firing from vehicle positions.  You should also be able to duck inside of turrets, or use your binoculars, and weapon whilst turned out.

• Like 1

Hi.

I have a pretty short list, but it is something I would REALLY love to see in the game.

I have always wanted the game to be playable in 64-bit (Which they are implementing now). Thanks Bohemia!

Another performance based suggestion I have is adding Vulcan support. Not sure if they are already busy with that, but I think it would make an excellent improvement on the game's performance. I know it may be a lot of work, I just hope BI would use it in their future Arma games at least then.

The last one I want and this is my biggest wish for Arma 3 and any future Arma game. That is more more more more CTI scenarios!

I freaking love the CTI scenarios and I was really disappointed when I couldn't find any in Arma 3. I know there are mods like the BeCTI mod, but Bohemia made the best CTI scenarios in Arma 2. It would be a dream come true if Bohemia made some CTI scenarios again.

HALO and Canopy control like VBS 2/3
The Ability to HALO into the sea and change into your scuba gear.

Would be nice if the Trijicon SRS which is already in the original game data (Weapons_f) since the release in 2013 will get a config and is added to the game.
A simple config and it is in:
107410_20161226175357_1.png

• Like 2

not sure if someone proposed this already. but here i go..

an integrated system in which you can move objects (I.e ammo crates, static weapons, etc) into vehicles, and if its an offroad or any of the flatbed trucks you can set up a static HMG/AT weapon on the truck bed making an improptu technical, i know this can already be done via scripting and attach to commands, but it would be far more convenient if it was integrated into the game.

• Like 1

About Tank DLC

I saw that you have asked wishes and opinions about that in the last roadmap and, well...  i have to say, sadly, that the tanks are the worst made content of the vanilla game. I hope the DLC can change this.

1) Absolute priority: fix (because is more a bugfix than a content request) the bugs / issues wrote at the end of this wiki article about the damage system: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

• In vanilla A3, the effects of armor are largely ignored by the damage system.
  • More accurately: armor penetration is present, but its significance is overwhelmed by the global hitpoint effect
  • this due in part to the way hitpoint "spheres" are placed in many Arma vehicles
  • the effects are particularly dramatic for high damage-value weapons and for indirectHit weapons.
  • Caliber-based ballistics work very well, but caliber is bugged for rockets & missiles (it can't be added).
  • Nor can the submunition feature be used as a workaround (it is also bugged for missiles, and limited/unreliable for anything other than high-trajectory artillery shells).
  • A script-based approach must be used to enable those weapon types to penetrate armor correctly. RAM contains such an approach.

Without caliber-based mechanics, it's basically a matter of life points: you can damage/destroy a tank with a 30-40mm gun if you shoot enough bullets. It doesn't make sense. In most of the cases or the bullets penetrates, or not. There should be situations where you need 2-3 ammos to really penetrate and damage the tanks, or where a bullet not penetrate but still makes damage, but should be also more situations where you will not do anything at all because the weapon is not enough powerful to make anything to the tank's armour; or where you penetrate and kill the tank in one hit. IFV cannons should do no damage to side and front tanks armour; AT missiles (as Titan) should kill a tank in one hit if they hit the right spot.

Another probable strange effect of the hitpoint issue reported above is that the satchel charge makes way more damages to tanks than AT mines, or titan AT, or basically everything. The tank never explode, but if you check inside is all red.

2) There should be (more) difference between hitting different places of the tank armour. Should be something like (> mean stronger):

Frontal turret armour => frontal hull armour > side turret armour => side hull armour > back armour

That's not only about realism, but also about gameplay, because if not all the tanks tactics about face the enemy with the front armour / put the tank hull down means nothing. Now, especially against AT weapon for the reasons explained before, there is no much difference. Sometimes is even better being hit in the back instead of on the front: a T-100 hitted in the back hull will have the engine destroyed, but maybe the gun still usable; a T-100 hitted in the front may end destroyed in one hit, especially if hitted in the space between the hull and the turret. There should be weak points, ofc, but generally speaking for the tank survivability front should be better than side and side should be better than back.
--------
These two points are, imho, absolute priorities and would make the vanilla tanks play in the same league of the best community-made contents. Indeed, if you want a good example of a working (gameplay-wise) tanks, see the RHS tanks AND their damage system.

Then it comes a very mine whislist that is not really important, but i'm already here so...

Wishlist:
1) Reduce the Slammer armour against AT weapons: to destroy it you need 3 titan AT ammos or countless rpg42 ammos, basically the Slammer is bulletproof from everyside. It's too much. The same for the green side tank, i don't remember the name.
2) Rudimental FCS. I'm not asking things like the RHS fcs, but something like the ACE fcs yes: not just aim and shoot, but aim - press a button for zeroing - shoot. This makes harder hit moving target, as should be.
3) APS (active protection system) and ERA (reactive armour).
4) We are in 2035, so i would like to see a new futuristic class of armoured vehicle, like a vehicle specialized in urban warfare.

Edited by armilio
  • Like 1

I'd like to see AI be able to shoot while moving.

• Like 3

Add NATO Pacific/CTRG units, CSAT Vipers/Pacific units and Syndicate units to AI Spawn module...

Also, if possible, add option to AI spawn module that allow editor users add other group with group name/class...

I think that ARMA 3 needs the implementation of batteries and uses for them, the game just couldn't possibly be what it needs to be without radios requiring batteries to the changed, same with flashlights mounted on the guns, and maybe even hand-held flashlights. It could even be a DLC with custom flashlights for whomever bought it. I also think that the DLC needs to be timed, so you buy the DLC and after 30 days it expires so people need to buy it again, that way everyone has a fair chance in the Wasteland game modes. Just imagine the possibilites, we'd all be playing the game the way it's meant to be played in the actual missions it was meant for.

• Like 1