Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I really only have one serious problem with Arma. The learning curve.

The game is a lot of fun, specially when playing online with other players. It's realism, specially with mods added, is unmatched by any other game.

But I have trouble dedicating a lot of time to learn the intricacies of a simulation like this while balancing a job and school.

The online manual is a great thing. I can just look something up while playing. But sometimes even that takes too long.

If anything will sell the next release of Arma to me, it is a SEARCHABLE ONLINE MANUAL, where I can just type what I want and a list of relevant manual pages will appear in seconds.

• Like 1

Some way to assign or group scenarios (from the steam workshop for instance) to a specific group or folder by hand within the Arma 3's scenario list. I for one have subscribed to a couple of hundred scenarios and sorting these by name, time subscribed or rating does not help a lot. We need a sorting/grouping method to assign all A-10 or air scenarios to one group or folder for instance. Or have a designated folder that contains all scuba/diving scenarios. Right click to create a new group or folder and then simply drag-and-drop. Shouldn't be to hard to implement i recon. 

I made a wishlist of things that would be make apex better in my opition.

Vehicles:

1. wooden boat for syndikat

2. mercedes benz g-wagon car for ctrg (green for jungle and black)

Props:

1. furniture for syndikat outposts like a small safe, rusty tables, etc

2. more civilian furniture like chairs, tables, ...

Equipment:

1. All still "hidden" uniforms should be equipable

2. rusty old diving suit for syndikat

3. Gasmasks, (more headgear)

4. Flashbangs, Teargas grenades

5. complete remodelling of the old uniforms and vests cause they dont fit compared to the new ones

6. jungle vest for CTRG and a sec vest for gendarmerie

I think it would be a fantastic tool for editing if AI characters could be controlled in very specific and logical manners like using a series of inputActions. Waypoints and triggers are not always as precise as is sometimes desired, while inputActions could yield consistend reproducible results.

Hi Folks,

Better AI water navigation - spend much of my time navigating the rivers in the Mekong Delta - and it's really tough to get an AI boat to work with you...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all. ;)
In a few days, we will receive the Apex release, and it will be the peak of the road map 2015-2016.
What will happen after the Apex? What BIS will do next? Probably, can be released a few patches for the Apex, but what about after this?
As seems to me, many users been asking myself the same questions. 
In fact, for Arma3 there are numerous things, that require more work in the future. In this thread, I want to create a list of primary issues, in the solution of which, today requires Arma3. Of course, this is just a subjective opinion of one person, however, with the support of the users, I hope this list will be supplemented and eventually some issues, can be noticed by the developers. Well, mine is the plan) I think, some improvements from this list, will be able to raise Arma3 to a new gameplay level and possibly will become parts of the next DLCs, so BIS will not work for free.
Since the times of first feedback tracker, the players wanted a lot of things, that we eventually got (the bipods, switch weapon on the move and etc.) I think, there are still many things that we want to see in Arma3 and this is what gives hope for the life of the Arma series. 
Today, I have collected 10 points:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Advanced driving model.
After receiving the Advanced Flight model, in the game needs also Advanced Driving Model. At least it looks logical. 

Also, the Advanced Flight Model did not touch all planes in the game, and if to be logical again, then all planes, also need to improve flight simulation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Interriors for armor.

All types of vehicles in A3, for the player, as driver or as gunner, have interiors, only the heavy armor has no interior. Unfortunately it does not look fair. Creating interiors for heavy armored positions - driver, gunner, commander, will be one of the great improvements to the Arma and are also the perfect complement to the previous point. I think it must be one of the priority items.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119133

> Destruction of the environment. 

When I see destruction of the environment in Battlefield, I understand, that destructible in A3 is lagging behind for not one years. Today, (v1.60) the destructible in the game, only have a primitive model. Improvement of environment destructible in Arma3, must be not less priority issue, because it can raise the gameplay to a new level. At the same time, there is no need to create a new and hard destructible model, inside the game engine. It is enough add to all destructible objects (buildings, glass, other objects) a few additional levels are destruction, add lots of particles and add additional textured damages. For example BlastCore mod shows us, what possible to make the destructible in the A3, is much more attractive. This is possible, without engine editing!

At the same time, some objects in the A3, that should be destructible are not destructible at all. To this objects should be added also destruction model, because it affects gameplay. When the old barn, can stop a tank, or a small stone fence, catches into trap the heavy vehicle, it doesn't look good. 
> Ignition of the environment. 
 Adding ignition to the environment, also can make the game not only more beautiful, but more realistic. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85480
This applies especially jungle of Tanoa, After the release of Apex, will is not very realistic to see not flammable forest, if into this forest, under trees, burns destroyed vehicle.  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85480
> Advanced wound system and medical model.
The ACE mod proved to us, that the detailed medical model can significantly improve the immersion in gameplay. Unfortunately, in mod ACE, the medical system is not supported for AI and for this reason, it is not suitable to many players, who play against and with AI. 
Unfortunately today in A3(v1.60) the any medical system is practically nonexistent.
The player can not understands, where exactly he's wounded, any wound can be healed completely and the player has no any a bleeding and etc.
Thus, creation a advanced medical and wound systems, which understands the artifical intellegence also, could greatly improve the A3 in the future and make it more interesting and realistic.
> Additional and improved animations.
As seems to me, the animations issues in the A3, also priority matter. 
For example, today (v1.60), most of the basic actions for a soldier, still no has proper animations, or even does not exist in general!
Before, I described it here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T84454 
Creating and adding a personalized animations for all basic action, would be able to greatly improve simulation of A3.
Also, in some cases, lack of smooth animations for the soldiers, just spoils the gaming experience. For example, the rotation of the torso of the AI-soldier, when he aims, occurs not smoothly, but by means a jerks. This is particularly noticeable, when the AI aiming in the prone position.
I think, in the future, the work on improving the animations needed also.
> Support Crew for all support vehicles.
The game has many support vehicles, but any support vehicle in A3 is not has a service personel. 
Repair/refuel/heal/reload of ammunition in A3 happens too arcade. Such actions in the game, which claims to be "simulator", unfortunately seem absurd. The creation of the service crews in the A3 (1-2 units) at all support transports and specific steps for their support (repair,refuel,reloading actions and animations), could significantly improve the gameplay and add higher level of simulation. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82544
> The normal repair.
The repair model in A3 is not present in the general. The A3. has many repair units and vehicles, but instead of repair animation, the player still sees the animation of self-treatment, which can often be activated in 5-7 metres before the repair-target. So for 7-8 seconds, the vehicle is fully repaired. It is no less absurd. It seems to me, that such a repair in the simulator-game it's a shame. 
The A3 requires a good repair model (probably with customizable repair module), and every repair should be separate for each parts of the vehicle (engine, body, every, wheel, weapon, fuel tank, etc.) Also the number of the additional wheels in the cargo, should be limited.  My feedback ticket was created 1.5 year ago, but to no avail.  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80930
> AI should use their special weapons.
The AI in A3 is not to use special weapons, that carry in their backpacks (Anti-Personel missiles and rockets, mines and other explosives, static weapons and drones). It's not looks logically, expecially when the player plays against AI-Experts. The game provides to the player the enemy or allied of Expert status, but in fact, it is only bravado. Besides super accurate and sometimes not real the all-seeing fire, the AI in the A3, doesn't know how to do anything, that the expert should make. The AI-Expert, under certain conditions, should be able to use it all up, without any tonns additional scripting. If the player can use against AI the any special weapons, then the AI, should also know how to do it. Otherwise, the player, always gets an advantage and this is not good. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83138
> Additional modules.
Some additional modules are not just welcome, they are necessary. For example the player still does not have the civilian modules or for example adjust the amount of animals in the map (from zero and to more). The following modules from ArmA2 could greatly improve the gameplay A3:

It would be great if these things would come back to the game in a new light.

This is what is missing in the third part of the arma.

The ACM + Warfare + Civilian - it was cool and atmospheric.

Please return them to the game. :rolleyes:

- Rappeling (from helo/buildings)

- Vehicle-in-Vehicle variant for Huron and vehicle pod for Taru

This is what I want to see within the next year and before A4.

• Like 1

- switch WalkCycle animations per script

- merge animations together l

Ability to set a maximum speed limit while driving in a vehicle. So when driving in convoy for example you can set max. speed of the vehicle on the fly so you don't have to keep tapping W constantly to make sure you drive more or less at a specific speed (like the speed limiter in Mafia, but with the option to set your specific max speed yourself). Will be much easier to drive in convoy and won't have the engine constantly changing pitch/rpm when you manually try to keep a static speed. This will make driving much more fluently.

• Like 1

I think Bohemia should go back to the Europe warfare. I persannaly dont care about csat or other troops of this arma. And the DLC's really need to get better, I mean a race-kart, sniper and helicopters DLC? I think they are just trying to make as mutch money as they can with little DLC's.

I wish the sugar cane train on Tanoa would be drivable. It would be so cool! :(

• Like 1

I wish the sugar cane train was drivable as well - or at least had some movement once in a while via AI...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would like to be able to use the combination  [ Left Shift + Hold-Sec-Mouse-btn ] to look around with look temporary. It's lets me configure [ Left Shift + Sec. Mouse Btn ] in the control options, but it wont work this way because it doesn't want to register the holding of the secondary mouse button, and treats it like a single click instead.

in characterf_f.pbo there is a texture for  ghille camo for the AAF helmet (i guess)

please BIS gives to us the P3D mlod is  fantastic for TANOA!

10opdky.jpg

Swedish_helmet_net_scrim.jpg

• Like 2

I think it would do the UAV's great justice if you added a sea level flight (MSL) instead of only having the current above ground level (AGL), as well for adding a defineable range for both loitering and altitude level, instead ONLY having default presets.

The UAV is a nightmare to use in hilly/mountainous areas because it insists on meticulously copying the terrain when flying.

• Like 2

Hi BIS! I duplicate this post from the thread of dev "AI-discussion", because that one days later, this message, wishes would be buried under more users posts . So it runs the risk of being seen.

ARMA 3 needs a way to get subordinates AI-soldiers to move quickly to the specified point, because any automatic-switching subordinates AI in danger mode, blocks the ability of fast movement!

If the players AI-squad, during movement switched to danger mode (note! this can be, even if the threat is not big), then this AI-squad always stops movement. He stops or falls to the ground and does not move in the set point, notwithstanding any commands of player. Any squad! Under players command or AI-command, will not continue normal movement, up until the commander will not say "Clear".(i.e. exit from danger mode). 
Only after this point, this AI-squad, will be able to continue the movement to the destination point. This feature of AI really slows down the any movement to the any destination point and can even be fatal for the whole squad. Sometimes, period of inability of the AI to move, takes much time even if squad no has a real threat. Several and more minutes, the AI-squad not able continue its movement.

In real combat, there may be situations, when soldiers should only run and don't get stuck down in the combat!  But for unknown reasons to me, this is ignored in Arma. For example, this can be a - breakthrough towards to the priority target or running to the helicopter in order to save their lives and leave the dangerous region, or - break out of the encirclement of enemies, or - salvation from a enemy mortar attack, as we can see in the singleplayer mission, when Kerry should be to run through mortar fire and etc, etc. But, unfortunately today (v1.62) in ArmA3 does not exist any type of movement, in which the AI will not be stuck up in the battle and will not stop before the specified target point! Fully absent any type of movement in which all bots will move to the specified point with the highest priority!

I propose to add a new type waypoint, which will be called "BREAKTHROUGH".
In this case, the AI will have to trying to reach the set point as quickly as possible, of course risking more. 
Also this will allow to add this command in the actions menu to the player-commander, could command to do it.
For example movement commands for all subordinates can be divided into 2 types: 

"MOVE TO HERE" - will standard movement as we see today (v1.62). 
"BREAKTHROUGH TO HERE" - will movement with highest priority.

This addition, could be a new tactical choice for every player as commander and make the AI units more flexible and interesting.

BIS, I think this is not difficult task as can looks, in such moments, you need to turn off or almost disable FSM for AI and make the AI-movement as quickly as possible(sprint). Every command - "return to formation", will get back to their normal state. Or if the stamina for the sprint to an end, then AI must to return to the FSM back.  These are just some my suggestions. Please make a BREAKTHROUGH possible for AI. Please try make movement of AI-units, more flexible.
Any ways, welcome.

Hello,

I like the Arma 3 inventory but its not perfect and i have some wishes for it.

1. When you have 10 magazines on the ground you must press 10 times right click to put it in your inventory, it would be better when you press 1 time Shift and right click and that then all the magazines would be in your inventory.

2. When a gun with scope ... is on the ground you must put the gun first in the hand to see what sope is on the gun and to put only scope in your inventory, but it would be better when you press 2 times on the gun and then it opens a small menu where  you can see what scope is on the gun and that you can also put only the scope in the inventory not the hole gun.

The ability to pick what magazine a weapon has in the Virtual Arsenal (or to be more precise, Eden Virtual Arsenal)

As it stands currently, if I want a unit to spawn with a tracer magazine without scripting, I have to close the editor, open up the virtual arsenal, equip the tracer magazine, try the loadout, unload the present magazine, load the tracer magazine, close back to the arsenal, save the loadout, close the arsenal, open the eden editor, edit the loadout of the unit and then load in the loadout I saved in the Virtual Arsenal, for the unit.

One neat little way of indicating what magazine is currently in your weapon without having to make a whole new box could be putting a star infront of the name of the magazine. (Putting the star afterwards might make the star disappear if the magazine name is too long)

Perhaps you could also select the magazine by holding ctrl while pressing the plus, the way you'd normally add a magazine to an inventory.

The latest devbranch update touched a bit on the virtual arsenal with some good changes.

Hello there,

So the other day I’d have liked some input from and share ideas directly with someone while making a mission in the editor. It would add a great deal of fun if we could essentially collaborate with multiple people on the same mission, and also avoid sending the .pbo back and forth between us.

What I propose is EDEN in a cooperative multiplayer environment, either like Zeus with full access and instant sharing of work, or not unlike Teamviewer with remote access suggestions functionality and the host’s ability to apply proposed changes.

• Like 1

Static ships, since in Apex we have the huge ass port. I want to some tacticool as fuck boarding ops, which will really bring that "CQB" thing BIs going for in terms of Apex.

Like a couple tankers n cargos. With interiors, cmon!

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but please, BIS, could you not shorten the rifle silencers? They're far too long in my opinion!

I'm aware there are mods available but there are those, like myself, who enjoy the Vanilla game from time to time...

...and while I'm at it, laser/flashlight attachments for the Vermin, PDW and Protector... as well as for all the pistols!

Thanks for your consideration. 

Could the mouse buttons have the same script access for disabling and rebinding as keyboard keys?

Currently mouse button actions can not be disabled via the same methods keyboard keys can and they always perform their options bound action no matter what.

Use cases: 

Disabling firing in certain situations

re-binding different actions to mouse buttons in certain situatons