Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

- Unguided AT launchers for all factions. For balancing TVT MP:s.

- More speed for the SDV (currently 18 km/h, would be better at 28 km/h as it takes forever to get anywhere).

- Unarmed Assault Boat version with FFV. For balancing TVT MP:s.

- Non-camera statics. Again, better balancing.

It would be nice to have a urban version of the ifrit and a few other CSAT vehicles.

Weapon texture tab in Virtual Arsenal similar to the one in the Garage.

Another quick request for Tanoa. Logistic ship for Tanoa forces.

Similar to this, the best i can find. Of course it would be a bit smaller. Ignore the Container Launchers.

Ship-3_zpse4glpgtm.jpg?t=1461965084

Ship-1_zpsaljzjwwe.jpg?t=1461965084

Ship-2_zpswlenwe0a.jpg?t=1461965082

Basically, a ship that has a loading area where you can drive up at least 2 medium sized cars, an done truck like the Zamak. It's already possible to transport things.

And don't worry, i fully tested this part. The only vehicles that cannot be transported are tracked vehicles due to their weight, and well, to be honest, some minor glitches with weight of tracked vehicles themselves.

List of vehicles that can be transported in RV4 Arma 3 Vanilla (with a capable vehicle)

-Quadbikes

-Cars (SUV's, Offroads, Striders, and slightly larger van's)

-APC's (however very cautiously depending on the Vessel. Light Vessel can struggle with heavy objects, and it makes it harder to transport, thus real strategy in transporting over weight items with heavy ship becomes a gameplay factor. This is not a glitch, but rather an unexpected feature, which makes transporting certain things a risk)

-Physics Activated Cargo boxes of all types. Yes, this means that making hard turns, as in real life, would cause you to lose cargo, as seen in the video above.

I think the Mrap's need to be expanded, because anyone else find it weird how in real like many troop cars and armored cars end up getting variants that can function in the anti-tank or anti-air role and other roles. Yet in game we don't have versions of the Strider, Hunter, and Ifrit that have say 2 or 4 titan launchers on top that either give the vehicle the ability to serve in the anti-tank or anti-air role. Something that is safe to say would be asked for in real life, simply because why issue a new vehicle or use one that might be out of place like the cheetah. When you can just bolt on a new turret or rear section to an already existing vehicle and have what you need. Plus this would be a very simple thing for the dev's to add, since very little modeling would be needed. Since they aren't making a whole new vehicle but just a new turret and maybe skin, also if they wanted to they could adjust the interior for say a medic variant.

Also the Missiles from the shoulder fired to vehicle fired need to be adjusted, because currently they seem off. For example the titan at is based on the mini-spike launcher which in real life has an effective range of 1,300 meters, but lets say since this is the future it's an upgraded version more comparable to the Spike-LR and Javelin Missile both of which can hit a target out to 4,000 meters. Yet in game they hit targets out to 9,000 meters, which wouldn't be a problem if these were some of the larger AT missiles out there you find on vehicles or static emplacements. But in game they seem to be all standardized to the same titan at missile, which means either the infantry are carrying a launcher and missile system that weighs over 100 pounds and that's with no reload. Or the vehicles are carrying an undersized and/or under ranged launcher system. Also we have fire modes for the AT launcher but can't switch between modes, which is weird. Granted we can in ACE3 but we should be able to in the normal game because the launcher says it's an option.

Now this other bit about the missiles goes to both the AT and AA, but almost entirely to the AA. Which is the insane maneuverability of the missiles, they seem to turn on a dime. Which doesn't feel right since in real life it is possible for aircraft to evade incoming Anti-air missiles. But in game no matter the maneuver you pull you always get hit, which wouldn't be to much of an issue if we had control over the flares instead of pushing the button and 20 flares come out or had other counter measures like an IR-jammer. Which means once you're out of flares (which doesn't take long), you're screwed unless desync saves you.

Command returning all cargo (and to add (commend)) (including modules on weapon, ammo in mag, cargo of "containers", ammo in mag in weapon in container, ..) (if on unit - returning "containers" with cargo (and items), maybe: |command to add| letting add returned to cargo of object | unit (if returned from unit))

!.

Commands for:

-force disable AI firing weapons in turrets/vehicles. 

-force AI use certain firemode in turrets.

-simpler control over vehicle crew members both in Eden and via scripting.

• Like 1

- AI improvements for indoors combat, making so that they don't go prone in ridiculous situations

- making able for AI to be supressed, it's annoying to see them return accurate fire when they have just been shot

-idle talk between AI's to make them feel a bit more real

-AI acting more like human - trying to retrieve wounded and such, like in Far cry 2

-gear changing for vehicles  instead of three speeds

-better communications sytem that makes use of different radio types

-action and command menus replaced with something better, like a pie menu or something intuitive

My wish is for something very simple. It involves many more games than Arma that all do it the same way, but maybe Arma could start a change. It's so simple I'm sure others have thought of it in many different games through the years.

What is it you ask?

It's the simple ability to be able to search what a key is binded to. When you have a game with a ton of keybinds (usually sorted over several sub-menus), the ability to just search to see what a key is binded to is very hard. If instead of looking through the whole list/sub-list to see if a certain key stroke/combination/controller button is bound, you could just enter it in a search box and up pops what all it's bound to it would make things so much easier.

As I said, this applies to many games, but Arma is one of them.

Requesting filtering / "sort by" for scenarios in multiplayer Host server. Like you have in Scenarios. See images below

20160528110128_1.jpg?dl=0

20160528110204_1.jpg?dl=0

More attachments for the bipod slot.... Specifically for various foregrips.... Maybe even make the grenade launcher an attachment rather than a seperate weapon. Make it so you have to choose between UGL for extra firepower, bipod for stability in a fixed position or a foregrip for extra stability or reduced inertia undeployed.

ArmA3 HTC Vive compatability, Essentially use DCS World as an example for cross controller VR.

EG, it is launched like a standard VR game, and gives you a normal non-vr menu. You use keyboard and mouse to navigate menus,

and ingame you can use any peripherals that you already have setup [joystick, mouse, keyboard, etc, etc], but it uses the Vive's head set

for head tracking and body position [eg you can walk outside the aircraft, etc]

ArmA3 with the HTC Vive headset would be awesome! Especially with the cross controller setup [keyboard and mouse for movement/weapon aiming, Vive headset for head tracking and body position (crouching, prone, standing)].

I hope the developers see this ! :D

Definitely check out DCS World to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Cheers,

Alex

I'd like to see more civilians and social interaction. Despite increasing dependence on technology in the battlefield, HUMINT remains vital, especially in COIN.

So please could BI bring back this feature which featured (albeit in a very simplified form) in Arma 2?

Especially as it would help bring Arma out of the simplistic BLUFOR versus OPFOR mindset which simplifies conflict to the point where it becomes a dangerous abstraction of realities where civilians are not only caught the crossfire but often involved in supporting 1 factions,(willingly or not).  The development of social modules would go a long way to evolving Arma into a thinking man's shooter. Where previously missions were often limited to "Go here, kill him & destroy that" it could evolve into reconnaissance, recrutement and reconstruction. All of these aspects seem coherent with the values described by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) who were one of the jury on Make Arma not War contest from 2 years. Moreover such modules would also interest the survival horror crowd as it would allow for social interactions in an offline environment (DayZ without friends). Finally another target audience who'd be very interested would be the Altis Life crowd, who've probably pushed the RPG side of Arma's enveloppe harder than most.

Imagine the moral dilemmas of discovering that one of the locals that you trained and trusted betrayed you by leading you into ambush? How would you react if you had to choose between giving your limited rations/medical supplies to starving/dying children or your own troops? How far would you go to obtain intelligence from locals after your troops had been ambushed and grievously wounded? Would you respect the Geneva conventions? What about partisans? Terrorists? Or freedom fighters? You could even have a campaign told from both sides (remember BIS' awesome Red Hammer campaign?).

I'm not saying BIS has to delve into the murky moral morass of COIN but if BIS could at least provide the building blocks, then let the community explore these dilemmas.

Since you've added map drawing, could you provide support to digital graphics tablets? I'm sure quite a few people own them and being able to draw on the map accurately would greatly improve its use I think. 

(fire)- extinguisher !

I wondered why we don´t have a extinguisher to equip in Arma 3, with a lot of explosions and fire !

I often play MEDEVAC, or Medic in generell. When you have a crashed helicopter, or a tank that drove over a mine and exploded and you want to rescue thoose people, you need to wait  a lot of time, till the fire extinguishes !

And as we all know we dont want the Medic to stay in a HOT ZONE for a lot of time.  There are more reasons to get it !

A crashed helicopter that burns gets a lot of attention and gives away your position, you could extinguish the fire with the extinguisher !

So why we dont get a extinguisher ? In every vehicle should be one, i mean its realistic. And we should get one to equip too, maybe you can make it class bound for engineers or Medics ( only a suggestion).

I hope you guys like the Idea and spread it :)

Have a nice day !

I have a suggestion. I know it's a big one... Probably would require huge development effort but it would be epic. Here it comes. An event that would host thousands of players on one huge island. Basically continent. There would be 2-3 armies fighting each other for dominance. I call this an event because of permanent death feature. Imagine whole year you would be playing your regular multiplayer missions with respawns that would be considered just a training for this big event where you join as a profession for which you were training up until now. Say you could be a pilot so during this event you would be part of a squadron taking on real missions and if they kill you that's it. You return to training :-) During this event with perma death each mission would have consequences. If you manage to capture an airfield, you get all the benefits associated with that. So through out the continent you could have different facilities providing different "services". What do you guys think ?

AI

Work on improving the Artificial Intelligence. Right now it's more like Artificial Stupidity. It's like they're idiot savants. They can't drive a vehicle around a corner, but they can spot a player laying in the grass from 800 meters away and one shot him through the eyeball. 

Improvement for Targeting Pod:

when i lock the Targeting pod somewhere on the ground i would like to see a marker in the normal View.

For Example:

You spot an enemy Target with the targeting pod. Leaving it on the Enemy, switching back to the normal view and still see a small cross on the ground where the targeting pod is looking at.

So you can bring the CCIP Piper over the Targeting pod marker and bomb the enemy postion.

Its a small improvement but i think it brings a lot of oportunities.

Especially on tanoa its hard to find the position of enemys again when leaving targeting pod view.

• Like 1

Hey, i think it'd be a good idea to re-texture the Raven Vest for the CTRG, to give them a unique vest.

1. Have an arsenal type of load out type screen for you and your squad before a mission starts. I'm sort of disappointed you can't do that and would have to select your gear in game if you want a specific load out and arsenal mod or script enabled. So you should be able to choose your load out and your groups load out and uniforms before the game starts and not in game. Description ext was good for this before but now I think you should come up with something more up to date..... Please we need this.

2. A waypoint for guarding that the AI scans the horizon automatically. E.g. A sniper on guard duty (AI) that automatically scans the horizon or a soldier set of safe that scans the horizon for any movement.

3. CQB mode/command for Sp e.g. Your group stacks up in front of a building and AI can actually clear a room or the whole building. Even though a few might be shot in the process. Also if you want to be the entry guy when you go in the time slows down like MOF MFN or COD. Still the same mechanics of ARMA but the time slows down automatically.

4. Stop AI from proning when inside buildings.

5. Sleep animation or module that can be set to AI. This is for missions that simulate stealth entry to a tent/barracks/building where you can kill Opfor in their sleep. If the rest hear a gun shot - the animation will reach for a weapon next to them and get out of the animation to a standing or crouch position.

6. Enhanced movement mod - make it a standard of the game. Someone showed you how to do it so no excuses.

7. Better helicopter landings that don't take forever.

8. Diamond formation where you can select an AI to follow you and they are actually inside the diamond formation. Add a module for hostages. They don't join your group or they do but you can tell them to stay next to you or be in the back of the squad or inside the diamond formation.

9. Have a waypoint for transport helicopter load that automatically lands and checks everyone is inside. Do the same with transport unload that nobody is inside before it flies off.

10. Bring back strict AI discipline. When they are told do not fire they don't fire. Only if they are fired upon they should. Bring back the target right click instead of attack as I swear they do weird things with that command. They should just be able to target without moving around if the target is infront of them.

11. Fastrope waypoint built in to transport helicopters.

12. UAV automatically gives you all the targets in your tactical visor.

13. Bring back AI that will fire AT rounds into infantry. However make it so that they are not super accurate. Remember he BAS ADDONS that had AP rounds but they had the high dispersion versions - something like that. They'll miss one 1 or two times but the third may get you or there is a 30% chance they'll get you but may get your surrounding squad.

14. Have the move cover move mode in combat mode in two different commands. One 'combat' (without the move cover move) and two "combat move" ( move cover move).

in engine support for scripted event-handler.

i have invested a fair amount of my time into the Bis functions surrounding scripted event-handlers, and they are awesome and pretty useful.

But, thay are a security risk in multiplayer.

but let me demonstrate you some use cases.

As keyboard input handler:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventhandler["keyDown",{ [missionNamespace,"keyDown" + str (_this select 1), _this] call BIS_fnc_callScriptedEventHandler; };  

that line works pretty flawless. On every Key-press it will execute code registered on the event "keyDown??"

?? is the number of the key that was pressed. In the case of Q:  "keyDown16"  if i'm not mistaking the number.

If there is no code registered on the event, the time that the code takes to execute and stop is fairly low, thanks to the getVariable[] fail safe that will return empty code.

This has a huge advantage about common Switch style approaches.  

If faulty code is added on a key-press, only that code won't work, instead of breaking the hole switch structure and resulting in no scripted key inputs.

It is decentralized and allows  for more modular structure of the misson.

Stack-ability of event-code causes no worries of multiple different codes being executed on one event.

Another interesting idea is to use use this like instance methods, for example:

[cursorObject,"pickUp","something Usefull"] call Bis_fnc_callScriptedEventHandler;

would grabb code that is added to it under that event name of the object, making this behave like a instance method like in java for example.

The advantage of this is that  the object would carry the code that it picks it self up.

i find this kind of neet.

i Admit that this is not such a good use-case when you are doing mods, and AddActions also compete with this aproach, but knowing about this can be usefull.

Now to the Problems of this and why i want a in Engine support for this:

The way scriptedEventHandler works is through get and setVariable.

That basically makes it a variable code execution.

If you happen to be able to inject code into arma, the last question is how to execute and get that evil code running.

As an Attacker, it is pretty easy to assign new and own event codes, and there is no problem getting those executed if the mission-maker uses scriptedEventHandler.

this basically makes it not MP compatible.

A scripting command would bring the benefit that Admins can setup BattlEye for it preventing evil usage of it.

Additionally, events and the code set on them should be finalize-able to prevent deleting or overriding.

Maybe a remoteExec like config whitelist wouldn't harm.

thx for reading!

Sincerely RageBone

• Like 1