Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I like the feature which makes your character able to look around with its head only. This is even useful if your are zooming in at enemy lines with a rifle. Given the stances your character is performing, the angle of your "field of aim" is increased or decreased. That is awesome, but i have one complaint about this: There are situations where the target is outside of this angle, especially if you are walking forward while aiming through the iron scope. The deal is, if you release "Alt" the the rifle adjusts back to your body direction(the front). Mostly this kills my orientation for a short time. My suggestion is that your body direction adjusts to your rifle aiming(not vise versa), while you are in iron scope only. The ordinary "look around with your head to get a better view about the situation" is thereof excluded.

pls take care!

------------------------------------------

Sorry this is copy and paste, because ive posted this in the discussion first

And another suggestion is to jump over fences, while running and pressing "v".

+ the ability to load the stomper in the truck cargospace

+ the one "dead-zone aiming" feature by sneakson

plsplspls,

thx

Edited by nakedSunOo

a Filter in the Multiplayer interface to filter Servers that are running First Person only game modes.

Thanks

I would like for there to be "tactical ladders" as those which were in ACE for ARMA 2 OA41BQQ2QPjcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I would also like for there to be a female gender for those who are out there who want to play as their gender or are just off.

One last thing would be a better landing animation for when you fall so it isn't just you sitting still after you fall for a second, but you brace yourself when you land or roll if you are still going forwards.

Just had another idea - it would be great to extend PhysX implementation to regular building doors that would allow for various types of breaching ie. destroying locks/handles/hinges so the door falls away from the wall.

Standardizing the Radio Interface

Something that I've noticed while trying to implement voice-recognition to trigger radio binds is that while the layout is functional, it's far

from standardized. Healing was the first major hurdle I encountered, because while it's intuitive to have the quick-menu "Injured" command to get one of your squaddies to deliver medical attention to the player, AI-to-AI healing is dynamically generated and difficult to account for. Seems that a lot of the radio menus for these purposes are generated from a purely dynamic standpoint, and many of the actions get lumped in to the same "Action" menus, making it unlikely if not impossible to automate. While I still maintain that voice-recognition could be an awesome inclusion for the stock game, I also readily admit it's a very low-priority task on the overwhelming list of things to add.

So, that in mind, perhaps a happy medium can be struck, making the interface simultaneously more intuitive and simpler to automate. Give each of the currently dynamic commands their own submenu with a full list of possible targets, with menu options inactive if the order is not applicable. Existing functionality can be found within the "Watch" commands, where ordering a squaddie to look in a particular direction prompts a N/S/E/W submenu. Further suggest utilizing a multi-page system like the general Actions menu to accomodate scenarios with >9 squadmates. I also reference a "Treat All" command, which to my knowledge is not currently integrated, but included for possible implementation (Have your squaddies muck about and let Medics with non-consumable items have priority in treating wounded, defer to FAKs and Field Dressings if no unlimited-use items are present.)

Examples

Current System: Single-Tier Menu

1. Treat Engineer
2. Treat Self
3. Resupply Rifleman
(etc.)

Proposed System (With Squaddie #4 Selected in a 5-man fireteam):

1. Treatment [i][Opens Submenu][/i]
  1. Treat Leader (Grayed Out, Character Uninjured)
  2. Treat Engineer
  3. Treat Rifleman (Grayed Out, Uninjured)
  4. Treat Self
  5. Treat AT Solider (Grayed Out, Uninjured.)
  6. (Empty)
  7. (Empty)
  8. (Empty)
  9. (Empty)
  0. Next / Treat All
2. Resupply [i][Opens Submenu][/i]
  1. Resupply Leader (Grayed Out, Ammo not required)
  2. Resupply Engineer (Grayed)
  3. Resupply Rifleman
  4. Resupply Self (Grayed Out, Ammo not required; Since Self cannot resupply Self, generate "Low Ammo" call.)
  5. Resupply AT Solider (Grayed Out, no relevant ammo type carried.)
  6. (Empty)
  7. (Empty)
  8. (Empty)
  9. (Empty)
  0. Next / Resupply All

Final Thoughts:

This doesn't address any of the dynamically generated Vehicle lists, simply because I can't think of any concrete methods for improving the system as it is. With squaddies, you already have a numbered list available that can be referenced, but no million dollar ideas on my part for dealing with dynamic entries like nearby vehicles. Still chewing on it, so maybe I'll come up with something.

Edited by KlassenT
Formatting

I have not read through all of this thread, (due to the fact that it is 233 pages long) and there may already have been requests for this, but I have seen that within ArmA 3, there are relatively few types of vests in the vanilla version. My humble request from BIS would be to add new types of uniforms and vest types into the game, not re textures but different models that will be added to some of the default infantry types so that there can be some variety and choice when playing the game that can open up more options than what are currently available, this would be a nice addition in either a future update or a future addon. another request is that you add some more current day or older equipment such as M4's and M249's, because as it stands, there is relatively few weapon choices in the game, because there may be a half dozen versions of the same weapon, in different configurations, but that does not really give us a choice in our equipment, because there is relatively little aesthetic or game play difference to them. one very subtle request though, that even if you do not apply anything else, the holographic sight in the game sits slightly to the left of the actual rail, as well as that the reticle does not line up with the barrel of the gun, which is not a problem in CQC, but can seriously affect accuracy at longer ranges

I'd really like to see some of your features from virtual battle field brought over to Arma, such as the improved wounded animations (limping when shot in the leg and such), body armor simulations, as well as actual towing vehicles... I'd REALLY love to have a good medical system, but realize that arma 3 shouldn't be showing characters with blown off legs, since there's younger players and it wouldn't be ideal for public servers (I'd LOVE to see this stuff in an ACE esque mod.)

Making a 'lite' VBF mod update would be KILLER for the players like me, who want more simulation and less cartoon.

It'd also be awesome if you integrated something like ACRE into your game as an optional feature, instead of the old VOIP... ACRE adds quite a bit of fun.

I would really appreciate if the Civilians got their own dedicated faction specific helicopter as well. Example, while in talks with allot of people in one of my threads, lots of people liked the EC-155, which would be an ideal High Quality helicopter. It's got capabilities of Civilian/VIP transportation, looks damned good, able to fit multiple changes, can be repainted/modeled to be various schemes of VIP, utility, Medivac, Law enforcement and even light scout. It's the wholly grail of helicopters in detail, and fits the Civilian faction, as well as the home forces (AAF) equipment.

Eurocopter%20EC155.jpg

Would make for a perfect immersion addition to Altian civilians, rescue, and enforcement of 2035. =D

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

It would be nice if Sunglasses work'd. I was on foot, the sun was shining toward my face so I didn't see almost anything. So sunglasses could simulate real ones and there is Hotkey to toggle them ON/OFF.

I suppose most of my wishes (gripes?) are because of the reliance on 3rd party mods to do what should be in the game and this causes a mess of inconsistency with public servers. So we generally end up in small pocketed communities playing separate collections of mods to achieve the experience we want.

1) ACRE/Task force radio to be part of the game without the need for TS. Get rid of the Global, Side etc. chat system.

2) A real wounding/medical system - similar to XMedSys (but no deafness).

3) Unload AI that are out of range (like the ALiVE profiling system does)

Can we get a "auto join when spot available" option for when trying to join full servers? Some servers are nearly always full and the only way to join them is to spam "enter" until we can grab a spot. # of people waiting in queue should be shown as well if this option is made available.

Edited by knight210

Weapons:

Civilian hunting rifle

shotguns

another revolver

Vehicles:

Large fishing boat

Civilian airplanes

Bikes

more submarines

other:

Ability to climb over walls

being able to sit in chairs

PiP fps improvements

ability to drag dead/wounded

surfing because there is a beach

more civilian clothing

ability to choose individual pants/shoes/shirts/jackets

map:

mountainous w/ snow

thick forest

Edited by rover66oyo

I have but one big suggestion that may fix some problems with the game for some people and could also increase sales of the game due to announcing its support,

AMD's Mantle API, just putting it out there as an option.

I'm missing the NAPA guys in ArmA3 (kurwa povo! Sasta! - I don't understand anything of it. But it's just lovely :D But NAPA are hell of awesome in any other regard too, from the looks, to the lovely AKM.) Best faction ever! :cool:

They need to come back.

:(

What this game needs *urgently* is to be able to prioritize movement, i.e., if you start to receive fire while reloading your weapon (or doing something else, like changing weapons) and you give a command to crouch, prone, run, roll, or whatever... - this should be *mandatory* over what else the "avatar" is doing at the moment. Any animation should be stopped at once and the character should be allowed to move, obeying to player's commands. Maybe paying a penalti (like dropping the ammo if it was reloading, etc), but this would be a "plus". The most important thing is to be able to move at all times. Period.

At present, when you start to reload or do anything that shows an animation, you're stuck (sometimes for several seconds) and cannot move until the animation is completed, and this is nonsense. In real life, you would stop doing anything and start to run for cover if attacked during a reloading procedure, for instance.

The way it is now, considering the already slow reaction time implemented in game, if the enemy starts to attack you while you're doing something, it's like you must first wait for your avatar to finish what he is doing, then wait for him to brush his teeth, then wait for him to shine his shoes and then, only then, you'll be allowed to move. Of course, you'll not move because you're already dead.

Huge game breaker.

An integrated voice activated command system would go a long way towards improving the command menu interface difficulties. Being able to say "Unit 2 Go Prone" instead of digging through the menus using both hands would sure be a sweet addition. Say2Play is one outfit that has an SDK and support for devs to add it into their titles. I think they call it S2P Embedded.

I very strong want new engine in next part of ARMA.

I love this game, but for me not interest play in singleplayer. I like multiplayer.

Want see real massive TvT, CTI, Dom, sandbox etc. Want play with minimum 300 real ppls on serever without AI and no have bad FPS, lags, freezes etc.

I want map like a Chernarus with forests, fields, grasslands =)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I hope it's text be understended for other ppls.

When on prone, rolling speed with Q or E is to fast!, unrealistic etc. Its change with 1.18 patch or i dont remember but its not Call of Duty right?

As addons will soon be able to be installed via the workshop, it would be invaluable if official (by the original author) versions of a mod were marked as such. this would make tagging stolen mods easily. This may be on the workshop's end, but I thought I would put it here anyways.

BIS please make total action menu overhaul. What you look is what you interact with. Dsy and Sakura has showed that it's very plausible. Even something like this would work easily without the clunky action menu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPsaOT5IlY

When you make the expansion, action menu is the thing that needs to be thrown in the trash bin and buried 6 feet under a shit pile.

Hi,

sometimes it would be good to give orders under "Action" subcategory of the menu to more than one soldiers - for example if I colud order multiple subordinates to place a charge/mine I could quickly make a minefield instead of giving the order to them separately.

In OFP an infujred soldier was healed after I gave him order to get healed in the "Action". It would be good to order all injured to get healed (in A2 it is unfortunately different - I have to give the medic an order to heal someone).

Another example would be to order all subordinates to resupply, rearm - it would save so much time. And there could be more useful situations like climbing a ladder and so on.

Another thing I would like to have is map markers visible only for myself in MP - sometimes there are not important things to share with group, side, global...