Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Hey BIS, since you announced that Arma 3 will focus primarily on the Infantry aspect of the game, here are some things you can work on. Taken straight from the Pet Peeves of Arma 3 Thread, this is what´s currently wrong with the infantry part of the game:

A game focused on infantry with no suppression effects.

A game focused on infantry with no weapon resting or working bi-pods.

A game focused on infantry with insta-throw hand grenades.

A game focused on infantry with no injury system.

A game focused on infantry with no proper weapon recoil values.

A game focused on infantry with a broken body armor system.

A game focused on infantry without proper reactions to beeing hit.

A game focused on infantry with insta-zip inertia-less movement.

A game focused on infantry with botched CQB due to lack of weapon collision, making a heavy machine gun the best CQB weapon available

I suggest you print these points, pin them to a wall and start working on them one by one.

First of all, I really like the 2 new aircraft are implemented into arma 3.

The LCD screens in the cockpit display some information, thats also nice. But what isnt so nice IMO, is that unguided munitions dont have the "impact point" displayed in the HUD.

So saying that, what would be nice was if there was an "indicator" wich messured the distance to the ground, displaying Max engage distance for the weapon and the Min engage range for the weapon. If the object (on the ground) was withing the range parameters, in RL (in some planes) there is a crosshair that displayes the "impact point" an the HUD. This "impact point" shifts the crosshairs in realtime, to make the chosen unguided munition to hit where the "impact point" is aimed.

I really hope this wil me implemented into the game, as this will make CAS way more effective!

Thank you verry much

Steel.G

ps.

Here is a video about air to ground.

Just forget about the TV screen in the video. What to look for the the column on the left (max-min engagement range(although the weapon is used before max distance is even reached)of the HUD and the riticle wich is used last to aim the S7 rockets. I dont want to make commercial for another game, but i believe that HUD "impact point" is essential to firing unguided munitions.

I was thinking the other day, the Navy Seals used the ghost hawk to sneak in under the radar and insert in almost key silence... I than thought to myself, why would NATO, be given a top secret stealth helicopter with not that much armor, considering it is stealth. So i looked around for a less Special Forces Elite HELO, and found a better basic transport helicopter. The NH90 was developed in response to NATO requirements for a battlefield helicopter that was also capable of being operated in the naval environment. There are two main variants, the Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for Army use and the naval NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH), but each have several sub-types with different weapons, sensors and cabins. This would make it ideal for the standard transport helicopter of Arma 3, instead of everyone flying around in stealth helicopters. Just a great thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:First_flight_of_a_RNZAF_NH-90.jpg

I would love them to make a naval and a better air force like include like C17, C130, C5 GALAXY, AN22, AN12, AN124 now for the naval part include a submarine and destroyers for "CSAT" and "NATO" maybe a old cold war one for "AAF" This would be a massive awesome improvement to arma 3.

May have been mentioned in the previous 231 pages, but I wish for a towing system that would allow us to hitch trailers.....and more hit points for the medical system side of the infantry aspect. Maybe fix the LOD issues where the memory LOD and resolution LODs don't match up, therefore making community made work-arounds for a better medical system such a hassle.

Hey BIS, since you announced that Arma 3 will focus primarily on the Infantry aspect of the game, here are some things you can work on. Taken straight from the Pet Peeves of Arma 3 Thread, this is what´s currently wrong with the infantry part of the game:

I suggest you print these points, pin them to a wall and start working on them one by one.

Seriously? You got an infraction for posting that? What is this forum coming to? :(

Seriously? You got an infraction for posting that? What is this forum coming to? :(

I suppose it's the execution of the idea that was a bit... arsy. It was a bit harsh, you know.

"Dammit Jim! I'm a simple game developer, not a wizard that grants wishes!"

Edited by 13isLucky
added star trek reference

I would love to see more realistic NVGs. More grain and not so clear view as the current one.

I hope somebody will work with that a little so we can experience better and more realistic night battles.

Something like that I guess:

I would like to have a worker like this "C_man_w_worker_F" for the Bluefor and Opforside.

With different languages speaking. Using the civilian one for Opfor which is talking english makes me often frighten as I think its enemy.

The civilian one is the only worker i can see so far.

Enhanced camouflage netting/concealment. Currently they don't look very nice, it would be great to make them look a little more physical, now they're kind of a texture with holes in it.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

First of all, I really like the 2 new aircraft are implemented into arma 3.

The LCD screens in the cockpit display some information, thats also nice. But what isnt so nice IMO, is that unguided munitions dont have the "impact point" displayed in the HUD.

So saying that, what would be nice was if there was an "indicator" wich messured the distance to the ground, displaying Max engage distance for the weapon and the Min engage range for the weapon. If the object (on the ground) was withing the range parameters, in RL (in some planes) there is a crosshair that displayes the "impact point" an the HUD. This "impact point" shifts the crosshairs in realtime, to make the chosen unguided munition to hit where the "impact point" is aimed.

I really hope this wil me implemented into the game, as this will make CAS way more effective!

Thank you verry much

Steel.G

ps.

Here is a video about air to ground.

Just forget about the TV screen in the video. What to look for the the column on the left (max-min engagement range(although the weapon is used before max distance is even reached)of the HUD and the riticle wich is used last to aim the S7 rockets. I dont want to make commercial for another game, but i believe that HUD "impact point" is essential to firing unguided munitions.

What you're asking for is called "CCIP" (continuously computed impact point) just in case you didn't know, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Part of what makes planes like the A-10 so deadly are their abilities to place accurate fire from moderate distances away using freefire weapons. Unfortunately, without them, they aren't particularly useful.

I would love to see this in game as well.

-Gameplay

AT weapons overhaul, new animations for static weapons, 3D interior for all vehicles ...

I'd like to see variants of trucks, especially for NATO. A light truck similar to the CSAT Zamak (the HEMMT is rather heavy like the Tempest) with variants like covered, uncovered, cargo, repair, etc. would be cool for variety and gameplay (faster but less cargo.) More HEMMT variants like wreckers and command posts and an armored variant would be cool as well.

Plus, maybe trailers as well. I know that the engine can do it - I've seen it in mods. Small trailers for the Hunter, big ones for trucks, towed radars, generators, etc. There's so much that you can do with logistical equipment in this game.

ULCV's. Ultra Light Combat Vehicles need to be in Arma 3, and maybe different kind of them for each faction. These Vehicles are bigger than your ATV, and faster, however, provide enough room to carry a squad, and Rugged enough to withstand the terrain Altis provides. This would be the perfect bridge for proper recon, because you can also store a decent amount of gear, since they are larger than ATV's, and the size allow for a much more manuverable, and handeling vehicle for fast and simple transport for what ever the reason may be.

b846775d.jpg

Being deafened by explosions in a directional manner. Explosion to your right, you loose some hearing in the right side for a set amount of time, and vise versa. Also, deafened by surviving a bullet to the head (usually when wearing a helmet), same directional factor.

This is not simply a request for these features as that has been asked before. Just a suggestion of a VERY relevant time to finally add them, the Marksmen DLC. BI has a real opportunity to please it's fans big time with this. Since these features are key to sniping and precision marksmanship, I believe bipods, weapon resting, and wind ballistics should be officially added in this DLC (since they are features, they could be part of the free component). This will allow BI to give a strong addition in this DLC and please rabid, years-old demands of this game's hardcore milsim fans. To me this makes perfect sense.

I would hope that BI also makes a higher quality resting system than what mods offer, perhaps accurately modeled bipod rotation of the gun, and the quick ability to shift and move bipods along cover like Red Orchestra 2's elegant system?

Wind ballistics is also a no-brain-er addition, perhaps more than resting, just sync it to the wind speed and direction already used for particle physics.

i want unlimited object placement for arma 3/terrain builder/buldozer because i plan a big map and the map will need about 50 million objects it will be a 201 km x 201 km map !

Dead-zone aiming only when you are aiming down the sights...

So your can turn around effortlessly, then click RMB to bring up your gun and then aim across the screen without turning with a dead-zone.

That's not how it currently works is it? Maybe a button you could hold to engage dead-zone aiming too.

Also, clicking W+S or S+W should not momentarily stop your character, only change movement speed without stopping.