Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Use of RAE 2013 vehicles in arma:

Would be nice considering the vehicles at the Russian Arms Expo are pretty modern looking.

How about non story character British CTRG units. Not so much a whole British faction, though I'm certain I'm not the only one who'd love to see that, but just conventional infantry using CTRG camo, gear and voices. Maybe recon style versions as well. Preferably with proper brit weapons but I would settle for them using reskinned Mk 20/F2000's.

I would love an LHD or carrier type ship for Arma 3 (maybe, at best, one for both sides.)

it does kinda fit in for the story, as NATO needs to reinforce the area, why not have the players retreat back to a carrier. it would really be fantastic, and fun, and a great immersion setting for campaign designers.

can we please have the survival uniform but with the combat shirt and long sleeves? 'real' military uses that too! :D

Rearranging the action menu in helicopters so the choice for engine shutoff isn't the first one. I realize it's my own fault for accidentally pressing it during flight, but I'm not sure the option you are most likely to accidentally activate is the one that is most likely to kill you.

The TV-station and the Hotel from Sahrani released and packaged as mod/dlc to comp for the lack of enter-able rooms in large buildings.

Scroll-wheel-menu: The most used options should ALWAYS top the list. 'Put explosive charge' should always be near the bottom.

Top-list: Get IN/OUT (when applicable)/Switch to AT-launcher/AA/Sidearm.

Bottom list: Put charge/mine/Blow it up.

Maybe also keybinds for 'Ride in back', 'Get in as driver/gunner/commander' (if these don't exist).

I've made some changes to my Wish List on PAGE 213 of this thread. I alsow know what I want now for the menu.

From my wishlist....

The scroll wheel menu interface and AI Communications Rose: I WANT MY NUMBER KEYS BACK!

I firmly believe that every keybinding should be customizable by the user….Should you be allowed to keep the menu how it is? Sure. Should you have the option for something better if you want it though? Absolutely! I don’t completely hate the scroll menu but I think it should be restricted to only whatever is being used/interacted with.

I personally believe that weapons should be set to number keys. I know people like to call it arcadeish when you set weapons to number keys but if you think about it….In real life…. All the tactical gear that people buy is designed for one purpose… to make your gear easier to wear, access, and use. This same concept could be applied to the use of number keys. I think that was one of the major oversights by the developers….It’s 2035 and we seem to have forgotten all about smooth quick weapons transitions, one point slings, and weapons catches. Ordinarily you would execute a weapons transition from primary to secondary when the immediate employment of your primary weapon is no longer the best option. This often takes place under fire and when you have no good cover, meaning that you SHOULD be moving. However, thanks to the animations or whatever the problem is… you can’t switch weapons while moving so that makes that option practically useless.

My personal set up would look something like this….

Pointing at a door and scrolling up or down would push it open or closed like in Sakura Chan’s video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70CoV...layer_embedded

However, I could also double click with the scroll wheel button to open up more options(Lock door, pick lock, kick door? Get in gunner seat, etc.…) or single click to just use the item/function. For wounded you would simply point and scroll down to drag, scroll up to drop, and click to give first aid/open the first aid rose for more in-depth game play types.

Number keys:

1. Primary Weapon or TOGGLE Primary to Secondary / Secondary to primary

2. Secondary Weapon or TOGGLE Current weapon to launcher / Launcher to previous weapon

3. Launcher or Muzzle thump (If they ever add it. This could work with a bayonet too if they ever add that.)

4. IFAK or bring up the First Aid rose/menu for more in-depth game play.

5. Cycle grenades or maybe open a weapons rose(You could choose options for your rifle, grenade launcher, or pistol such as load tracers, change rate of fire, reload 40mm smoke or flares, or switch to smoke grenades or chemlights.)

6. Special gear (Mine Detector, UAV terminal, or whatever else.)

7. Switch to grenade launcher, change to tracer magazines or Consolidate ammo (If that is ever added.)

8. Place Explosives or open a Ordinance rose to choose the type of explosives or mines, place, set timer or even touch off. (Voiding 0)

9. Empty

0. Touch off bombs

As far as AI commands go, I think a revamped version of the Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Comm Rose would be ideal. Maybe cross it with the BF2 command rose. I think in BF2 there were actually 3 roses… one for communication, one for individual player actions, and one for fire support…maybe not though. For those that don’t remember the Dragon Rising rose, it opened up with more options depending on where you clicked. http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/103/1035048/of2dr_rings.jpg

NOTE: As other have said, it’s a matter of separating user items/weapons from things that you interact with like doors and vehicles. If you haven’t noticed already, I’m a fan of rose menus but one feature I would like to see if they are added is the option to set certain functions in those menus as a single key as well. (I.E. Ctrl+G=Cycle Grenades but you could also do it through the Weapons rose.)

Weapons rose: Primary weapon (Left side)- switch rate of fire, load tracer mag, consolidate ammo(center button). Grenade Launcher (Top Right)- Load Smoke, Load flare, Load HEDP. Special launcher(Top) Load AT, Load AA. Grenades (Bottom): Select smoke, select flare, select chemlight, select rock, select incendiary, or select Frag. (You would still use the throw key to throw grenade types.) I drew another sweet picture for this on MS Paint but my work filter won’t let me post it.

Ordinance: Select claymores or various mine types. Select Satchel or other explosives, Set timer, touch off. (Touch off should be center or bottom button) Though I wonder if it might be easier to make all weapons and ordinance options usable from the inventory menu…?

I want BI to provide well written, solid performing, gametypes for multiplayer. Not coops but player vs player / multiplayer gametypes with a wide variety of modes ranging from Deathmatch, CTF, Conquest, Rush, Base Assault, Search and Destroy, Sector Control etc. Without them you dont have a multiplayer game and while leaving it to community to expand is good the game should still come with some of them.

These should designed to play on both stratis and altis so that we can take advantage of the awesome scale of the maps you created.

Current community made multiplayer games are often buggy, slow, laggy, dorky etc.....still they are all we have thanks to no gametypes being designed by BI.

Something about scenarios has already been added to the list I see, but to be more specific, I cannot stress it enough: please please please add and expand the quick mission creator from Arma 2.

The mandatory campaign is nice and all, but Arma will never be a normal shooter and should concentrate on the sandbox stuff rather than story/drama.

The standard editor is far too difficult for normal people to quickly create a mission and the workshop...uh...that's for another discussion.

It would be nice to incorporate "Arma Tactics" style CQB play in cities, buildings etc. Atleast some form of stacking formations and "from cover to cover" gameplay(only in MOUT and CQB situations)

Anyone know if BIS or any of the modders are making use of second screens?

I would like access to a live time map on a tablet device????

I would really like for the 2035 setting to be utilised properly - as it stands, BIS have been too conservative (A lot of that due to pressure from certain elements of the community screaming because the game isn't ArmA 2.5). When you have L-M saying the SR-72 is slated to be operational by 2030 (A Hypersonic, Unmanned or Optionally-Manned Spyplane AND CAV), DARPA intending to have load-bearing powered systems operational on soldiers by 2025 (similar to the exo-skeletons in STALKER), the things we have in ArmA 3 end up coming across very tame for a 2035 setting - based on a flat technological progression rate when really we're advancing in jumps and jerks. A lot of this can be handwaved now that we have the campaign - the NATO peacekeeping deployment is some back of the beyond barely funded and politically untenable deployment, but still...

I'd love the dev's fleshing out the AAF faction

wouldn't it be cool to have a futuristic LIGHT TANK for AAF faction

it would fit in the "malta" faction idea, and it gives a unique tank to another faction (different compared to the slammer and t-100)

it could have less armour, and a smaller gun, yet maybe a "stealth tank" - reduced FLIR heat signature, and a slightly faster reload rate

and maybe an auto-cannon (like the AMX-30 series of tanks)

that would be really cool.

Wind Deflection for bullets and better penetration and ricochet physics

ability to put primary weapons in the back, and holster secondary weapons like pistols/revolver (when you dont have primary weapon for example, so you dont walk with the gun in your hands all the time)

throwing strength bar for grenades. Sometimes you want to to throw a grenade like in the other side of a wall, and you know where it lands right? like 100 mts away LOL

the dust raised by vehicles or helicopters lasting longer as it happens in reality

Better explosion FX

As it was showed in one of the first trailers for Arma 3 clothing change? What is going on with that? I have simple idea i heard stories about that is removed because of trolling other players but would it be simple like when soldier is dead of course from bullet that he have blood on clothing and when someone else dress his clothing he will have blood on it..and that is where everything changes you can infiltrate a base but you have blood on clothing what happen.. i hope you understand me my English is you see :)

German NATO Campaign. Seriously, we had Czech Army in Arma 2, we have Brits in 1,2,3. It is time for some germans :).

Yeah, I know, every country wants some love, but Germany actually does NATO Missions.

A script command, that will return boolean or number (time), if/when given area was "visually inspected" by any AI, AI of given side or faction or by certain AIs from the mission beginning or in given time. Taking into account S&D waypoint description, I can assume, this is doable somehow.

A Ghosthawk without the miniguns!

German NATO Campaign. Seriously, we had Czech Army in Arma 2, we have Brits in 1,2,3. It is time for some germans :).

Yeah, I know, every country wants some love, but Germany actually does NATO Missions.

Well at least you had your G36 in OFP, Armed Assault and Arma2... France is next to Britain when it comes to military power and involvement in NATO missions and yet BiS never showed any love to French Armed Forces. The French community is very lucky to have some very talended French modders to fill the gap though.

In case you guys haven't noticed, the Community Wishes and Ideas - DISCUSSION thread has been made into a sticky as well.

Use that thread if you'd like to discuss your idea with others.

As everyone in here, ArmA III is my favorite game but I've been wondering why it lacks the level of facial details in texture and lightening when compared to Battlefield 4 or LA Noire. Any concern about that?