Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

some "life" / Movement, done by dust / Cloud shadows moving vegetation.

in bf3 it doesnt look realistic - more like sea grass and trees out of gum, but it has an effect still...

some "life" / Movement, done by dust / Cloud shadows moving vegetation.

in bf3 it doesnt look realistic - more like sea grass and trees out of gum, but it has an effect still...

There already is wind, just turn it on, and there is dust in high winds, and check out the new light shafts with the clouds, it should make cloud shadows (turn up the overcast like 3/4 of the way and turn off the rain)

...and check out the new light shafts with the clouds, it should make cloud shadows (turn up the overcast like 3/4 of the way and turn off the rain)

Cloud shadows?!? This is getting interesting :)

Based on the results of release (focus on infantry combat) :

local:

- Add ability to climb walls (1.5-2 meters)

- Bipod

- Disposable rocket launchers

- good animation reload AT launchers (the real, not the shame that is now). See, for example, animation in OFP2(. And yes, reloading is a long process!

-Firing AT from a prone position

- A good system throw grenades ( control the trajectory and power)

- Quickly pulling the gun out of the holster (speed - the same , but the primary weapon is not clothes on your back

- The ability to carry two rifles and AT or rifle and 2 AT

- Jamming for machine guns and for all weapons after it being in the water

- Goggles to protect from the sun

- Aimed fire from a prone position (Ctrl+A or D)

- A high level of fatigue - the possibility of tripping / fall

- The smoke does not affect the visibility of the thermal imager , but a special smoke ( VIRS ) - prevents

- The possibility of replacement wheels for cars ( if the wheel is in the inventory)

- The usual bullet causes damage in the water at a distance of 20 - 70cm .

- Add a command "turn off lights " for infantry

- More time that would get the load of the backpack ( not from the pockets of his vest )

- A device for shooting around the corner ( for pistols ) .

- Stun grenades, gas grenades

- Hard to swim ( not for divers ) in clothing and with weapons, you can drown

-Loss of blood without treatment - death

-ability to tow / push cars

global:

- Simulation of body armor

- Advanced system of injury ( dismemberment , loss of blood , loss of consciousness, the more areas on the body, concussion , blindness , lameness / crawl , falling with injury definition of ammunition )

- Advanced treatment system

- Shooting from transport ( even helicopters , trucks and passenger cars).

- The ability to go on the roof of vehicles

- Simulation of the fragments for grenades and mines

- Trenches and bunkers , craters from explosions

- In the rain getting wet tissue , reducing movement speed in the rain

- The wind changes the ballistics of bullets

Edited by Kirill

^ what he said, that is really the tip of the iceberg, but the really important part of it. I vote that as the official list =) seems like a sensible request. All in bold are must have's by christmass, the rest are browny points, can be done after christmass if it doesnt make christmass.

Cancel Last Order: For when you happen to give AI a wrong order or want them to return to doing the previous order.

Question: Have you ever given AI an order and then realised you pressed a wrong button or the situation changed so that the new order is no longer relevant?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could revert that order? One example is 'disembark'. I know of no way to revert that order.

To expand on that. An ability to create preset orders. I know I use 'copy my stance', 'engage at will', 'combat mode' all the time. Would be nicer if there was a preset I could save all those under.

Edited by mamasan8

please consult with virtual heroes on how to do proper combat medics(they also have excellent software called zero hour that treats hazmat and first response. i played it before but it's no longer available):

http://www.humansim.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Combat_Medic04.jpg

http://www.humansim.com/products/humansim-combat-medic

who makes a beautifull, natural, amazing island, but makes the humans that are living there look like they're made in 1998?

That's right. You made an awesome environment, now it's time to give the units some more detail. I cannot believe that BIS still can't give the units HAIR. they're stil stuck with the ugly, obsolete 2D HAIR.

You did a good job with Miller's hair:) though you didn't manage to get it working properly with headgear so you just took it out of the profile face selection screen.

Common BIS, it's ridiculous.

So guess what's on my wishlist? :D

AA-12 and more shotguns. AK-12, Scar-H, Scar-L,Kel-Tec KSG, Benelli M4 Super 90, M32 MGL.

:confused: I'm surprised they are not in already in the game.:butbut:

I would love to see a US Army Buffalo for the wheeled vehicles. Great for EOD missions.

Dance Animations!

it is the core soul of ArmA!

More animations yeah, surrender, pushups, crunches, marching, and all other military related anims, and hey dancing, boxing and other animations could be great for other entertaining activities, maybe even mini games, the whole rolling sideways while pointing directly upwards, or scootching your arse over the ground like a dog with worms is getting old now lol.

With the recent influx of Dayz objects into devbranch ver. of A3, I decided to check most of the useful objects in the editor.

To my surprise, I found almost no selection in:

barrels,

tent sizes / forms / colors (only 2 small tents available atm. are you kidding?),

wooden / metal towers,

no effect object templates as offered by some mods in A2CO,

no seachlights, SAM sites,

so on.

Instead there's tons of Dayz misc items added that nobody will end up using, except maybe for Wasteland.

So a question: what objects do you miss most and would like to be brought back? List.

FARP point and the other warfare objects tbh, some of those actually had a fair amount of usage outside of warfare too.

Voice command for AI in squad, similar to Tom Cloncy's End War.

Also End WAR related, a T 100 Ogre inspired 152mm wielding heavy tank for opfor. Maybe as part of a Russian DLC pack.http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKrI6WNSy0wAiiqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTFxcjFwajNoBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANmYTYxZGYxMTYyOGVhYTljNzQzNTNiMzcyMGIwMzAxZARncG9zAzU-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3DT%2B100%2Bogre%2Btank%26fr%3Dyfp-t-122-1%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D5&w=940&h=609&imgurl=media.desura.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgroups%2F1%2F3%2F2074%2Fthumb_940x3000%2FT-100_MBT.jpeg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.desura.com%2Fgroups%2Ftanks%2Fimages%2Ft-100-ogre-mbt&size=180.5KB&name=%3Cb%3E100+Ogre+%3C%2Fb%3EMBT&p=T+100+ogre+tank&oid=fa61df11628eaa9c74353b3720b0301d&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-122-1&tt=%3Cb%3E100+Ogre+%3C%2Fb%3EMBT&b=0∋=200&no=5&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11odffe7v&sigb=13agvtffu&sigi=12bp9hqcd&.crumb=6B/.WoN9SAv&fr=yfp-t-122-1http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKrI6WNSy0wAhiqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTFxYXAyczB0BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANiZDQ2YzcyYWRhYzQ0ZjI5YmJkNzRmZTgzYWQyZjQxYwRncG9zAzE-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3DT%2B100%2Bogre%2Btank%26fr%3Dyfp-t-122-1%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=1750&h=1161&imgurl=images1.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20110621010126%2Ftomclancy%2Fimages%2Fd%2Fd8%2FT-100_Ogre_02.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftomclancy.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FT-100_Ogre&size=554KB&name=%3Cb%3E100+Ogre+%3C%2Fb%3E-+Tom+Clancy+Wiki&p=T+100+ogre+tank&oid=bd46c72adac44f29bbd74fe83ad2f41c&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-122-1&tt=%3Cb%3E100+Ogre+%3C%2Fb%3E-+Tom+Clancy+Wiki&b=0∋=200&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11a4qijkt&sigb=13a2b7d4g&sigi=12l1kakmd&.crumb=6B/.WoN9SAv&fr=yfp-t-122-1

Not exactly real world weaponry but I just think it would be awesome to see and use in game.

This has been suggested before for the Arma 2 editor but it'd be great to see it happen in Arma 3, espesially now with the size of Altis and other maps. So when working on a mission, being able to save the view of the assets you've placed in the editor as different layer's would be really helpful. The same way some well known art programs do.

So for example, I might have one group of infantry and their associated waypoints, triggers etc. saved as one layer, then, after hiding that layer (so all the infantry, wp's, triggers etc. I just placed on the map temporarily disapear from view) I could then start work on another layer of, say, armour with wp's, triggers etc., and so on, building up a saved layer history. What I save on any given layer would be up to me. Which layers are visible at any given time would also be up to me.

The layers, that I named with suitable names when I saved them, could be selectable either on screen from a list that drops down when selecting the 'layers icon' or they could be selectable from a menu after right clicking and there could also be hotkeys for each layer too.

Having a layered map/asset view system would cut down on some of the clutter that soon builds up when creating missions on large maps.

I know that there's a merge missions button but it doesn't have the same flexability as a layered view system would, especially when I want to hide things from view on the fly.

When playing as a squad leader with ai, and you have an uav soldier in your group, I'd like to see a function under the 6 menu to order to launch the uav (darter quad). The quad uav should default to fly straight up to like 300m, and the uav soldier should automatically share location of enemies to the rest of the ai squad.

Also, get rid of the zoom to player button on the map.

Edited by Zorg_DK

Voice command for AI in squad, similar to Tom Cloncy's End War.

+1

I know it is possible with external software, but this should really be a part of the game.

we need more weapons, the weapon selection we have now is limited.

We need real world weapons, that are realistic in game.

Small things that are pretty annoying, and could be nice additions.

>Client side option to hide server messages "player has connected, is connecting, is disconnecting, is loosing connection ect..."

>Server side options to turn off death messages and hide scoreboard "it would be nice for more hardcore pvp experiences"

On a side note it would also be great with smokes and explosions actually used PhysX to collide with objects such as buildings, rooms ects. Right now it just go right through anything which looks pretty cheap imo.

We need real world weapons, that are realistic in game.

It is hard to believe in the near future, that all current weapons in service would cease to exist... Personally I love the future setting, and the new weapons and stuff, but I agree, it doesnt feel all to real missing a large portion of todays assets. I sure hope the devs do a forward port patch to bring over A2 weapons and gear and vehicles etc.

- dedicated server change. implement HC or do it another way. Just bring it to more cores. THIS cant be the future only using 1 core. Most servers out there have 8+ cores with 16-128GB Ram and ArmA is just using 1% out of it.

- physics. Land vehicles (tourqe, no flipping, real weight, let a tank run everything over) and air(... ToH). Bring it for a "realistic" level of difficulty or for all difficult settings. Just bring it to what ArmA is famous for. Arcadeplayers move from one game to another, but sim-players keep this game alive.

everything else can be done by modders (and i pray to them they will do it).