Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

With PhysX now being part of Arma could we have some wobbly aerials?

Currently all aerials on vehicles are static and do not react to the movement of the vehicle, this would be a good show case of the PhysX.

+ movable parts on the tank like catepillars screen mantle (some t-72 and type tanks but technology could be used by modders)

Any plans to make NVG sensitivity adjustable for players? It would be great if we could adjust sensitivity especially when entering places with some light on.

With PhysX now being part of Arma could we have some wobbly aerials?

Currently all aerials on vehicles are static and do not react to the movement of the vehicle, this would be a good show case of the PhysX.

(re-posted from Dev branch discussion thread)

+ movable parts on the tank like catepillars screen mantle (some t-72 and type tanks but technology could be used by modders)

Have I got the video for you!!!

Some of these features could be implemented relatively easily such as the anti-radar/thermal vision armor and added or re-purposed in a modular fashion to vehicles in much the same way as the current RCWS have been.

3D hair not 2D hair

yeah like in this screenshot! (screenshot proves it is possible lol) well hell refer to this ticket, so we can choose our haircuts and facial hair, as 3D attachments, much like how the eye protection is.

I would like some propper damage when taking out aircraft, below are links to video examples from DCS, they were easier to get than the real life footage.

http://youtu.be/1gIlq5eTOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41mEtbcq_w

Weather effects

Rain:

I know you guys are working on rain, but thought I would through this out there anyways. During rain, textures need reflect their condition for being wet. for example porous surfaces that absorb water like clothing, dirt, concrete etc should become darker with a slight tint of specular glint as seen on some of the leaves. and no absorbant surfaces such as metal, glass, and so forth should receive a water droplet like texture tiled accross it, with much heavier tint of specular glint. Now I dont know how easy this is, but I figure it can be done with 4 additional layers of texture, shaders I think it is called? seperate all textures in the two catagories, porous and non-porous, and create 2 shaders for each. porous receives a filter that darkens the texture, and a filter that gives it a slight shiney specular glint, and non porous recieves a texture like this, and it's own shiney specular glint. I hope it is that easy. For the ground however, to do puddles, maybe use a greyscale texture, where darker means more "wetness" and black makes a puddle.

heat haze , I think thats what it's called, but here's a pic anyway =) Mediteranian areas are pretty hot when it's sunny, so I imagine this to be a good way of indicating how hot it is. This could be implimented using the same filter as the current rain technique is within a building, except it will start around midrange where the bad textures start... and so as a bonus this could maybe help with hiding those horrific midrange textures we all complain about -wink wink- ;)

here's some more pics =)

http://wwww.rayscam.com/4920004.JPG

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5125/5334347113_fc1457975c_z.jpg

http://military-fitness.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/images-7-e1348073788228.jpeg

http://i.imgur.com/8y519.jpg

Oh those last two were covering sweat :rolleyes:, since we talking about hot Altis really is... Maybe some sweat spots on the soldiers, civilians etc, like armpits, back, etc... and wet sweaty face?

Radio:

(this may be a silly request but I think it could be a nice to have) MP3 player channel broadcasted only via the vehicle channel, so we can play and listen to music in a vehicle without having to put the mic to the speaker. Direct channel seems to work fairly well inside a vehicle anyhow. so vehicle channel can still be the same but optianally act as a stereo system, This could maybe work as follows, on the front end the driver and co-pilot/front passanger will have additional options in scroll menu (play, stop, skip, shuffle, volume up/down) and on the backend, it will source the MP3's via a folder that needs to be populated by personal collection of MP3's and then in game it will be streamed and played. So I guess that will require a built in MP3 player?

on the subject of radios, we need a slightly better radio system. Currently it can sometimes be annoying as hell when everyone is talking over each other, on one hand your squad is all communicating, and then on top of that the squad leaders, pilots and other form of support are communicating over the side channel, and honestly, sometimes it just gets really annoying to try and talk in group channel while others are constantly talking in the side channel. So I am thinking of being able to enable and disable channels, maybe even adjust the volume per channel. For example I can disable or opt out of the side channel, like mute it, that way I dont have to receive incoming traffic on the side channel, which would be really nice since the squad leader or radio operator recieves it all and relays the necessary and relevent information via the group channel, and vice versa for outgoing information gets sent to squad leader/radio operator and then broadcasted out. And it can always be enabled/unmuted again if needed. Additionally maybe add some audio filters, to make it sound much more like radio broadcasts, and when you hit the push to talk button, all other radio traffic (excluding directional ofcourse) would be muted. will that be difficult to do?

Editor:

and a 3D viewport in the editor. Doesnt have to be a fully functional 3D editor, though I would wish for that instead, but something like a seperate viewport, so we can view in 3D how and were we place things and see their actual position in the world, maybe even be able to make minor adjustments, instead of doing preview 100 times just to place a guy on the second floor of a building for example.

Edited by ShotgunSheamuS

Any plans to make NVG sensitivity adjustable for players? It would be great if we could adjust sensitivity especially when entering places with some light on.

yeah along with more noise in NVG's they're unrealistically clean in Arma 3.

wishlist for upcoming updates

Terrain texture improvements less muddy overall

Deferred rendering would be awesome i know BI is looking into it hopefully they're already hard at work implementing it

fix for Cloud morphing bug if possible

reworked Action menu

some more work to the new inventory menu like the ability to highlight a weapon part or magazine that goes to your current weapon so i can quickly adjust

Fire mode and Grenade Launcher on separate keys

i wish the weather will affect the scopes. Rain drops crossing the scopes when its raining, sweat from fog on the scopes etc. Would bring addition immersion. Also when wearing balaclava, your vision should be affect similar to NVG scope. varios glasses colors, should tint the picture with the color of glass.

I dunno if BIS actively reads this thread or not but something small that would be extremely appreciated especially for us Pilots is a player view port when opening up the map, I would like to see a big enough box on the map screen of where i'm going while I read the map (make it optional of course) this would be nice so i don't have to fly x amount of alt to avoid running into a mountain or something.

Also adding some sound effects for things like falling and opening and closing doors, locking sounds for jets.

adding some more birds and perhaps some more animals to the islands would be nice they feel more empty in Arma 3 maybe im not looking hard enough I see the occasional snake and seagul.

1. Increase ceiling height for AI helicopters and planes (~5 km needed, but it works on 500m now)

2. Add cargo planes (there was a wreck of C-192 plane, isn't it?)

3. IMHO it will be more realistic when soldiers in armor fall(like falling from moving vehicles) when bullets hit them.

4. When falling in water from moving boats, you can move till you will be on the seabed. Fix that please

hello everybody,

so its nearly Christmas believe it or not!

this year has been quite an interesting one with arma 3 being released and etc...

I would like to post a thread that people can request something special for Christmas :yay:

and the devs can maybe/hopefully/possibly pick how many they wish for a special Christmas present(s)!

*I will update the Christmas list with everyone's present request*

CHRISTMAS LIST

- Fast roping

- Inventory editor in the editor (EQUIPMENT TAB)

- weapon resting

- wind simulation

- medic system

- weapon anims (grenade launchers)

- engine improvements

- editor upgrade (modules)

- acre built in communication system

- AI fixes

*please make the request realistic and nothing over the top*

Edited by tyl3r99
requests for xmas

I fail to see how this is any different from the wishlist thread but ok

Weapon rest

Wind simulation

Good Medic System

Christmas trees and Altis or Stratis covered in Snow

I would like a better medical system but i guess another vehicle or weapon would be enough to make me happy.

- Engine Improvements

- Editor Improvements (Modules, etc)

- Weapon Rest

- Better medical system

- Built in ACRE like communications

- Bipod attachment to go with above

- Grenade launcher attachment

Right now (I'm trying to make a "Black Hawk Down" style multiple heli insertion):

Better heli pilot AI: instead of waiting till the last possible second to slow down and then simply pull back hard on the stick, thereby flying 100 m+ upwards, have them look one waypoint ahead and adjust speed accordingly. Also stop them from crashing into each other: maybe reduce how strict the formation is for a group of helicopters, as their constant adjustments to try to stay in formation mean they crash into each other a lot.

Fast roping! Obviously...

I like this, a Christmas list, right BI, for my sack 'fix the AI'.:rolleyes:. please.

No harm done..;)

If you think your wish should be brought to you on Christmas, please just tag it as a "Christmas wish".

Bug fixing, AI improvements (they still can't drive in a convoy and AI drivers still drive into things and blow up), more vehicles (Bus, Motorbike, Cargo plane etc), female characters (civs, soldiers, voices)

uo0.png

65kb

There's little chance we know, but worth a try..

Tagged,

:D

apologies for the request, can the Christmas list be put on the 1st post?