Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I would Like to see the weapon transitions more faster and similar to this

Seeing realistic dynamics between vehicles and the environment, environment deformation!

Edited by KproTM

Say, wouldn't it be fantastic if some trees exploded with life when you approached them. A flock of birds taking flight? That way, if you were alone in a wooded area or forest, and you heard birds taking flight, you'd know you weren't alone. That would certainly create an atmosphere while being very realistic.

Also reminds me, if anything add Digital Molecular Matter to the physics of the world as well!

Ability to play dead = new prone pose. Unless your dead even in full prone you can tell the enemy is alive I think it would add even more realism and be good for ambushes.

Context sensitive AI unit inventory management. Similar to the "get in/disembark" and "engage" commands already present.

Using the new command while pointing at an ammo crate or corpse would cause the AI unit to move within action range and bring up their inventory panel showing the contents of that object.

I would love a font in the editor that is at all readable please. :) Compare the completely illegible editor font on the left with a readable font on the right:

pAJtoa5.jpg

i would love a font in the editor that is at all readable please. :) compare the completely illegible editor font on the left with a readable font on the right:

http://i.imgur.com/pajtoa5.jpg

+1 lol

more ambient sounds:

near coast more seagulls less crickets

near forest more birds less crickets

near town more stuff (typical city sounds: something falling down, maybe a cat or dog in the far, stuff like that) and less crickets

near a valley more wind sounds maybe eagle and less crickets

near water stream sounds when river and and pretty loud shore / coast sounds when near sea and less crickets

near some grassy landscape / some agricultural fields you can go all crazy with crickets ;)

--

you know where this is going ;) maybe the ambient sounds could be blended in each other when roaming - and not stop<->play

The weight / fatigue system is not intuitive. I'd like to see all item's weight, and the character's total weight in the inventory, like in ACE. Maybe the total weight could change colors from green, to yellow, to red depending on how much weight you carry. This would make it easier to select the proper loadout.

the weight / fatigue system is not intuitive. I'd like to see all item's weight, and the character's total weight in the inventory, like in ace. Maybe the total weight could change colors from green, to yellow, to red depending on how much weight you carry. This would make it easier to select the proper loadout.

+1 lol

smaller explosives for door breaching. current explosive charges are still too heavy for that. and claymore mines dont work for me.

One more! :D logistics are missing for many years now. For year the community script work arounds like =BTC= Logistic and others. They are great scripts, but does not work smoothly with the game and there for looks wierd at times.

It would be great if BIS add on way to carry objects like cones, ammo box and other (with animation to pick up and drop) also on vehicles item window if you guys add a new tab "trunk" where objects like cone and box can be store and access.

So if you put a ammo box into a vehicle that box would be accessible by the inventory menu table "trunk". If people want to access what is in the ammo box without dropping the ammo box into the floor, they could individual boxes on the table boxes that already exist on the inventory menu. If a person want to drop box to the floor they would do the same thing you do to drop any other object to the floor. Also ammo box can not be loaded into players.

I think I was clear enough.

Hope u guys considered it :D

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

smaller explosives for door breaching. current explosive charges are still too heavy for that. and claymore mines dont work for me.

+1 doors and walls that exploded would be great!

Edited by Odyseus

In arma 3, alot more work should have been done to upgrade the editor, which is a huge part in personalizing game play.

The arma 2 system of long complicated scripting, for individual units simply to respawn, land, teleport , air lift, carry paratroopers and unload etc etc, the list goes on, are common facets of the game and should be readily accessible from drop down boxes on the unit or waypoint option.

I cant believe so much work has been done to present the Arma3 editor appearance in a different skin and yet the absence of this important ability still restricts even the newest to editing, from effortlessly, producing a high quality mission

Edited by stevieboy

HORUS VISION RETICLES

Hi all I'm REALLY new to forums in general so sorry in advance if I did something wrong. I think these would be a pretty cool addition. Especially if authentic scopes are modded into the game( say a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM II scope? ). I know a reasonable amount about rifle optics and shooting in general, so if anybody has any questions about these feel free to ask I'll try to answer them.

Like i said I don't know what the hell i'm doing so if your interested just google "horus vision" and you'll find a bunch of info and pictures on them. The official Horus Vision websight has a little demo at the bottom of the "reticles" page, that will show you how to use them.

I would love to see the Super Tucano in arma 3. A modern turbo-prob aircraft for COIN, CAS and reconnaissance. In armaverse it could also be used for training, EW or flying FAC.

Another picture

It would be a nice contrast to the sci-fi-vibe of arma 3, but would still fit from a realism point of view.

"In 2008, the U.S. Navy began testing the Super Tucano at the behest of the U.S. Special Operations Command for its potential use to support special warfare operations,[64] giving it the official U.S. designation A-29B.[65] The Super Tucano was offered in a U.S. Air Force competition for 100 counterinsurgency aircraft in 2009." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano)

Edited by twistking

It would be nice if servers couldn't change client's graphic settings. Most servers I've been on is forcing low object and terrain detail which sucks.

The Adaptiv IR 'invisibility cloak' as demonstrated by BAE Systems please!

Sorry if this has been posted before, 200 pages is a bit much to read through :j: Still, IR invisibility for correctly equipped vehicles would be pretty cool

Edit: Here's the vid:

Hello,

i have a wish, that sound a bit strange at first:

Less official vehicle content for release, but higher quality content + high quality dlc

Let me explain: I'm really excited how well arma 3 is coming along. On dev branch we now have animated vehicle doors and some implied animation for getting in and out of vehicles. This is still WIP obviously, but this is already a huge thing for immersion and makes the world much more immersive. The light vehicle are all very well designed and you really want to try out every vehicle. see how it looks, see how it feels when driving, because driving is so much better than in previous game (still not perfect though).

in arma 2 + oa + dlc we had this huge amount of vehicles and this was good, but there wasn't anything exciting about them. remember when you first installed arrowhead or any other dlc and tried the new vehicles. they were decent, but they didn't make you want to jump in them and try out every model, because they were just new models with new configs.

in arma 3 it is already different, because each of the light vehicles has that special thing about it and when i tried the new aniamtions today, i decided to write this post!

as you may know, the devs said, that heavy armor (tanks and apcs) won't get that special love, but after seeing how much better the light vehicles are compared to previous games, i suggest:

give us only the amount of vehicles, we need for that "arma experience". one type of vehicle for every faction should be enough. greens could perhaps even used reskinned, slightly modified vehicles from red or blue.

but give that special treatment to every type of vehicle:

modeled interiors for tanks and APCs and all other armored vehicles.

unique gameplay mechanics for every vehicle-role

animated rear hatches for APC and basic animations for units getting in / out of the hatch.

animated cockpit doors, proper HUD and fully functional cockpit for helicopters

truly unique sound for every vehicle

truly unique handling for every vehicle

better damage model

high quality everything!

as a side effect, there would automatically be high demand for content dlc. ;)

Edited by twistking

Make helicopter sounds entirely separate from other volume controls so that I can turn them down and actually hear things happening or hear people talking while within 2km of any running helicopter.

- better ragol effects

- explosion effects and sounds to be improved

- more gore (whether its realistic blood on clothing etc...)

- phsyx rain

- better dissmissed waypoint (AI do more than just walk about)

- more detailed waypoints

- more ambient sounds in the trigger menu

- improved AI

- some features from VBS2 (or near enough)

- easier scripting!!!

- campaign DLC's

- SKIRMISH module back :(

- 3D editor

- AI to use more features such as room clearing, extra stances, improved path finding etc...

- advanced fog inbuilt in editor

- war cries

- first aid module (like arma 2 but maybe improved and more efficient)

- better weapon sounds and effects

- killing a single AI wont always alert others if Hide body command is used

- mod tools for mod creators etc...

- arma 3 clothing for units (IF THE BUILT IN INVENTORY SYSTEM IS USED IN EDITOR)

- in built gear editor in editor :)

- ambient radio effects

- fast rope

- high beam / low beam (cars etc)

- ambient combat (more detailed and easier to use)

- sec ops module from arma 2 but maybe more improved missions and events

- ability to choose the side for civilians (like independent in the Intel screen)

i think im about done :) thanks devs for taking the time to read all of these wishes.... hope you can do what you can if not maybe after the final release add some more :-)