Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

First - the bush models are pretty neat to look at. Especially the leaves look really nice.

However - sadly they are not designed very well! For example it is not possible to hide under them. At distance you are clearly visible., as you can see in the example pics on the left.

Example pic_1

Example pic_2

Since camouflage is a big concern in a military shooter this design flaw is even more dramatic.

Look at the roots of the plants in the left pictures.. They stand out way to much.

Luckily this is easy fixable. If you remodel the bush model - every bush in the whole game will be adjusted at the same time. Therefore this would only need a simple workover to be implemented.

it would make camouflage in the distance way more realistic - and thats exactly what we want in a military simulation.

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

Just a minor feature request that I would find very useful:

I would really like to be able to lock a certain freelook position, so that the viewpoint remains in this position even when releasing the Alt key, so you can use the mouse for controling your player/vehicle again. I think this would be especially useful when you are driving in 1st person and don't want to waste half of the screen looking at the driving wheel without holding down alt and adjusting your view all the time...

Put on the Gear when diving. Not where it does it automatic. Like you can keep the Diving and Breathing Items on your face when out of water. Silly but cool. And to add to that. Water Particles when coming out of the water on your goggles. :D That would be impressive.

Custom mods "sharing"

When someone have a custom weapon, vest or skin, other people can't see it, an option who allow to use a "default universal" weapon, skin or anything else will be better than a person with an invisible suit or an invisible weapon.

An option that we can enabled who allow people to download a basic version of the things with basic 3D and sound and possibility to have information on the custom mods like the name, just a low level/standard level of quality way lower than the original for provide fast download without ping or bandwidth.

I doubt developers are still reading this thread, but I have some suggestions for ArmA 3 I would love to get a response on.

We are still reading this thread, don't worry. We are thinking and talking about your suggestions, but Arma 3 is slowly finishing and we have to finish some already WIP features at first. Also we have to fix bugs and our time isn't limitless. That's the reason why many of these suggestions, even the good ones, won't make it into the game. But keep writing what you want to see in the game. We are reading it and at least some of these features will make it into the game (or into the next patches/games). Thank you for all your suggestions.

Edited by DarkDruid
typo

Probably mentioned before: vehicle mounting animation, opening doors and such.

Would like to ask for (It may have been already?)

Seasonal grass height change, low in winter & full in summer would add to the realism. Deciduous trees losing their leaves in winter would be a bit much to hope for yes? but grass should be doable.

This.

http://www.americanspecialops.com/vehicles/ltatv/

It's a Kawasaki Tyrex 750 or Polaris version, as stated in the link. Using it as a more sustainable version of the ATV, with a mounted gun on it and the capability to carry more supplies would be pretty sick for RECCE, especially on a large terrain like Altis, where you don't have air, and an ATV would work, but an ATV on steroids with a mounted gun would be even better.

Oh, and also this...minigun...muhahaha:icon_twisted:

Also, wingsuits. Not jet powered ones like mentioned before but actual wing suits that propel you forward 3 feet for every foot you fall. This means you can free fall further distances to keep the insertion aircraft out of the harm of AA guns.

Edited by Crierd

Realistic high- and low tides. :)

The beaches on stratis are excellent for this.

It would be an extra factor for diving infiltration; you can stay hidden under the water longer and get further inland with High tides.

Guided missiles launcher must sound a lock-on tone when locked on target, Because In hardcore you can not know what the hell is happening, is target acquired by missile or not!!

Moving on Moving things (Walk on vehicles, drive on landing boats, helicopter on moving ships)

Real torque for vehicles, losing grip, better overall physics.

Better damage modell and impact to the vehicle.

Harder tracking of vehicles for air helis/jets in higher difficulty levels. No Right click/Left Click kill, no its not so easy even with future weapons. For arcade settings ok and good but not for players who want to play realistic.

I want to have a challenge to drive a tank or fly a helicopter on Sim-Settings. Infantrie have 100 options to use, so make it a bit more interesting for vehicle users that combined operations are fun for everyone! I know that drive something isnt that complex but should not be as easy as "just press 3 buttons the hole time and stfu".

Edited by Numrollen

-I would really like to see fully licensed items and especially guns (HK!!), the ops core fast helmets HL1 light says UNSURE while its obviously a knock off of Surefire, I really want to see ESS profile goggles as a face item and other ESS eyepro products. I own a pair of ESS Profile Turbofan goggles and they are the best ballistic goggles you can own. I do realize H&K usually has a problem with their logo in games but they should be honored to be in ArmA.

-I would also be interested in seeing Trijicon reflex and ACOG sights, Aimpoint sights, Meprolight sights, EOTech magnifiers and possibly some fictional or prototype items.

-I honestly think we should have a preferred loadout before missions start, in real life you obviously are gonna use what you depend on and whats comfortable to you. You should have to chose an Assault rifle that is in service for that side, like whichever MX rifle you prefer for BLUFOR, any attachments you prefer, helmet, uniform style, plate carrier, and sidearm. Though i think the server admin should make decisions on whats aloud in the settings.

-Ops core chops would be interesting and fit in with the Greek Islands, but would probably be over-used by people.

-Standalone 40mm launchers would be cool and a more convenient/cheaper rocket launcher like the AT4, but not for AT riflemen. The NLAW is a little overkill for hitting infantry and technicals.

-Don't forget the AR-15

-No female soldiers

---------- Post added at 06:34 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

I know this will may have said 3001 times... but I hope they made a DLC for modern combat, this futuristic theme, I dont like it, fake weapons, fake names... no, no :s

everything in the game is in service or not adopted by any armed force yet but is most likely going to be in war in the near future. The only thing i have never heard of is the CMMG(AR-15 manufacturer) MX series, but the parts on it are non-fictional, its basically a Bushmaster ACR or FN Scar with a polymer upper and lower receiver with magpul furniture. That is the ONLY thing that is not real, unless BIS knows what CMMG is releasing soon.

Edited by WarfighterOne

Hy,

There are two wishes from my site.

I want a little more Gore/blood. Different weapons should show different effects on bodys.

I want a indoor Level. Something like an attack on a underwater base. "A little voice whispered GI Joe ;)".

I hope that in one of the updates you guys integrate some of the ARMA 2 and TOH stuff in ARMA 3, Like in Take On Rearmed. Manly objects and maybe even some of the vehicles, and maps.

Two things on my wishlist:

1: Some form of hand to hand combat (could just be a simple knife.) Right now, if your character runs out of ammo there is no way to attack. (no punch,no kick, no hitting with gun)Soldiers are trained in hand to hand combat.

2: Some way to transport land vehicles with helicopters. (I.E. vehicle could be inserted into Chinook inventory as item.) or maybe use a cargo winch? Faster way to move armor.

Edited by Shotglass

I would like Bohemia to add the following things:

Game Play:

Make it when you crash a helicopter you dont die as often and you survive alot but get hurt alot (still) and make it when the helicopter when it crashes,

the helicopter digs into the ground not just make more dirt on the ground.

Engine:

Make sure you have a really good destruction engine, you know how people wanna destroy everything realisticly! :yay:

I wish a bit more freedom in the now 'automated' actions.. give us a 2nd interaction menu for things as gear up/ down, NVG's on head of/ on, mask of/ on, goggles of/ on, etc. An action to take the diving suit headpart off on land would be nice.

Also, for coöp, I'm hoping that BI will come up with something smart that makes recognizing who-is-who in-game easier.

Edited by ltsThomas

Don't know if this has already been suggested but; You should make it so when you switch from/to copilot seat in the helicopters it should look like how you would actually move over instead of it instantly moving you over, possibly a timer to it also (To obviously stop you from taking control until your fully over)

Also if say the pilot gets shot out (I guess this is why move seat was added), should also animate the pilots door opening and obviously throwing the body out :P

May seem like a stupid idea, but that's just my opinion.

Don't know if this has been mentioned (probably has) but I'd like to see AI that surrenders, retreats etc...

basically firefights that don't always end with one side wiped out

I just got to play the BETA version. I like it so far i think the game play experience will be improve substantially, due to the inclusion of new units and vehicles. But i believe there is still room for improvement. I notice that it is possible to open the door in some vehicles. I think that is a great idea. I wish that all door from all vehicles would open, specially in conjunction with the animation to enter the vehicle.

I also hope to see soon a functional aircraft carrier like the the USS Nimitz and the addition of another naval ship as the LPD-29: San Antonio Class and to bring it to a next level it would be great to have a functional Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC). Specially taking in consideration that until now we only have Stratis island. The introduction of this units would bring the gameplay to a whole new level. Specially PVP games.

Another important addition to the game would be the ability to shoot form helicopters, specially from unarmed helicopter.

Please consider my suggestions. Thank you and keep up the good work :D

* Id like to see a bit different nightvision colourscheme, a bit more greyish, still green but add a hint of grey in there to make it feel realistic.

( ie. Metro Last Light had an awesome theme in theirs ).

* Controls menu - setting for inverted flight controls, I couldnt find one, setting all buttons for jets and helos is tedious.

* Rook pistol model and recoil still twichy

* No item inserted or moving when loading most weapons, ie. does not actually insert a magazine or shell / open a port on the weapon. // Animations of weapons. // Animation of bolt action sniper, bolt moving

* Pistols and rifles have same magazine model even when loaded with an extended one

* Soundtrack on weapons when firing on full auto. Next sound stops previous one and goes on top ( FN2000 etc. fast firing weapons ) need more echo on the previous rounds.

* Scope textures on some snipers are really blurry.

* Ability to lower bipod on mg's, snipers.

* Ability to remove and add a bipod on rifles, assault rifles

* Small on switch/light for the user with infrared beam to show that it is actually on. Wont confuse when not using NV / not sure if the enemy can still see yours. ? This is just an idea, not sure if they really have those.

Small things, otherwise great GREAT improvement over Arma 2. Now for a glorious pack of weapons to play with :)

Edited by BlackBalsam

Sophisticated fire control system in helicopters and jets. See my signature please! :)

something similar to Mando Missile System would be nice too :D