Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

also sound for the lightnings would be nice, not mentioning i hope there will be a small civil plane and also much kinds of civil vehicles... Good to know know there will be police vehicle ... wondering if there will be ambulance also :)

I created an Arma 3 wishlist on google docs which gets updatet regulary with your and my ideas: http://goo.gl/06krR

Please feel free to share your opinion and ideas on it in the comments!

Link to vote: http://goo.gl/6Aezx

Paul

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

Gameplay

Can we get more than two (three) sides on the multiplay mission, maybe Blue, Red, Independent, Rebels?

in our missions, the Independent slots are taken from Admins to overlook the mission, so we don`t have three parties in action.

Okay, so I'm bored at work and I've started looking at the maps that are coming for A3;

They look awesome. And these days, lots of people out ther have iPads, iPhones, or other Android tablets. That got me thinking...

Are there any plans for BIS to bring out a selection of maps and/or tools for iOS/Android tablets that integrate with the game? Even something as simple as a map application that you can move around, get a GPS coordinate from, and maybe place a marker down on. Even better would be the ability for "group maps" on the application, so your mates can see the marker you have made. Even better would be it actually being sync'ed with the game, so that youre movements in the game world would automatically be updated on the iPad screen. You could eventually take this to the extent of having different screens for different modes; displays for aircraft such as weapons stores, fuel states, systems checks. For infantry, you could have your radio on one side of it, allowing you to freq swap using the tablet. Submarines/divers could feature the "Nav board" I spoke of in the "Confirmed Features" section of the Arma 3 News Catagory.

It could even be tagged onto the existing ArmA Firing Range app.

Suppose it would be a simplfied version of a "Blue Force Tracker":

TROP.jpg

Just an idea; are there any ArmA 3 players who dabble in apps for this sort of thing? I have seen the Apps for DayZ so I presumb people use tablets during gameplay.

Cheers,

Matt.

Edited by PurePassion

Gameplay

Can we get more than two (three) sides on the multiplay mission, maybe Blue, Red, Independent, Rebels?

in our missions, the Independent slots are taken from Admins to overlook the mission, so we don`t have three parties in action.

there are 4 sides: red, blue, independent and civilians?

Sounds good tbh, a small bluetooth attachment on the p.c, the ability to rebind M to something else and use the ipad in real time to plan, plot and coordinate sounds handy. suggest it on the feedback tracker if not done already.

Another my wish is to have large explosions in Arma 3 ....

big bombs, big explosions, effects of shock wave, and various sound effects...

possibly the M.O.A.B and a nuclear bomb

I know this will may have said 3001 times... but I hope they made a DLC for modern combat, this futuristic theme, I dont like it, fake weapons, fake names... no, no :s

PROJECT ORJOS

So yeah, i got a small idea for the developers yesterday after i watched a documentation about the SR-71 Blackbird. Its all about a Airplane which is able to fly up to extremely high attitudes and drop a Solar Satellite which can be used as a Real-Time UAV for the ground Troops. The ORJOS operator should be able to mark enemys in real time on the infantry hud. The SAT should be used to show clear positions of Troops.

Example : ORJOS Pilot + Operator load a small Satellite into the plane, the Pilot uses Afterburners to reach a high altitude and then he drops out the Satellite. Now the Operator will remotely move the SAT and pick a Target (Lets say 20km radius). Operator and Pilot return to the base and all Infantry units can acess the satellite now. They can mark players / objectives in real time on their HUD.

Concept :

http://abload.de/img/unbenannt-3bkuqa.jpg (344 kB)

That would be great if a dev would maybe think about implementing it !

Wire cutters for covertly getting through fences?

(would be good for PvP)

Doubt its possible since fences are complete objects.

We need this car physics not physics of empty box with four wheels.

Edited by PurePassion

please add dark deep large forests with big tall trees. also make bigger towns and more enterable houses with interiors

We need this car physics not physics of empty box with four wheels.

i know its not a discussion but i was going to recommend the same exact thing after trying that tech demo.. Bohemia Interactive should buy out the studio and have them focus on the vehicles handling and physics capability.

Please give us the targets you showed at e3 I think ... The ones with the feedback where you have hit.

I've seen in very early release screenshots/media that the F-35 and MV-22 may be present in the final release.

Please have the auto-hover nacelle/thrust vectoring adjustment separate to flaps control. If possible also an in-HUD indicator as to the position when adjusting.

This big wishlist is originally the continuation of my giant one here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154215-Arma-3-wishlist-my-idea-(really-big-post-with-spoiler)

Its a copy and paste of what i have initially expected to post in my original thread, sorry for the little "discussion" part, i have set several spoiler for avoid it to be too long.

Weapons attachment.

Like i said in the first wishlist some weapons attachment must be added like multimodes side attachment, i don't know if its possible but not yet done or not possible for the moment in vanilla, but a side attachment who can have several modes like IR laser, flashlight in 2 colors, visible laser for example like real tactical weapon's attachment have, but also things like ballistic computer : http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/...ght_app_02.jpg if its supposed to be in 2035 things like screens, computers and other things like this must be present, actual army with for example French FELIN is actually more advanced than the soldier in Arma 3 who don't have electronic things except a GPS for theleader and that's all...

And multiple value attachment can permit to include things like bipod AND handgrip like this one : http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...885/885423.jpg or this one http://www.defensereview.com/wp-cont...chen_lee_4.jpg

But my biggest idea for attachment will permit REALISTIC and better compatibility.

Why don't considerate the attachment not by types but by rail, even if its not realistic to put a 10x/85x scope if someone want to do it its his problems, we must NEVER have restrictions for things that real life don't have, simulation is actually way too much a procedure simulator than a real life simulator, please don't put other restriction who reinforce this tendency.

A great improvement will be if attachment can be compatible depending on the rail length, cause things like Red Dot/holo or ACOG require a really short rail compare to what a scope like the 10x/85x time one for sniper need, it will automatically prevent huge scope to be mounted directly on small weapon like pistols, also rail width can help for some weapons, some civil weapon or pistol don't have the same rail width than other riffle and sniper.

It is the best way to determinate what can be use on the weapon, if the rail width is not equal to the attachment rings/attach system we can't mount it on the weapon, if the rail length is under the attachment attach system or the length between both ring the attachment can't be mounted, simple as that.

Just two simple value and it will improve on a really huge way the modability of the game, it will permit without restriction to use custom attachment on vanilla weapon or vanilla attachment on custom weapon, and, more important, custom attachment on custom weapons.

Simply determine what is available for each weapon cause problem for a moddable game, it limit the player and sometime prevent him to do things that we can do in real life, and its too much arcade and unrealistic way to proceed, and anyway you can add a value that prevent some weapon to be equipped with some attachment type, it will be way better and more simple for modders community and for yourself.

Servers mods and anti hack.

I admit i don't yet know how server keys and server security/anti cheat work, but i have a little idea of how its proceed.

The actual way that make server accept mods is nice but restrictive and permit hackers to completely destroy a nice mission.

Server who accept all mods its nice, and its a necessity in fact, i will explain it, but some hack/cheats mods is also not filter in the server.

Why its a necessity ? simply cause some people don't like some vanilla stuff, and for some people mods a game its the only way to appreciate it, it can be some sound or visual things, some people can prefer a sound mods for weapons/vehicle or anything else, some other prefer to use custom skin/uniform for soldier, other have a, issue with some hardware and need mods for make some menu interface more accessible, it can be a lot of reason why people want to use mods, and most of them don't change the gameplay itself, just the immersion or the realism of the game, if a guy want his soldier to look like Iron Man, if its just the appearance and don't change the gameplay, their is absolutely NO reason why the guy have to be prevent to do it, just become the server don't have the keys it prevent the guy to play on the majority of the servers just become the creator of the server don't know this mods or don't like it and don't use (it mean don't download it) it.

So i have 3 idea, all related each other :

_First, Online keys check : Rather than use keys check from server that we want to play, check them from BIS server, anyway its not a DRM issue who force people to use contents connection, is only a check during the game start and anyways he can't play multiplayer without internet, it not absolutely anyone.

If any mods like PBO files or any script is detected and is not part of the approval list directly present on a BIS's online server, the guy is considerate like having an "illegal game modification" and can't access to the server, with this keys check solution, first anyone can cheat anymore and second no one is limited by the fact that someone in the server don't have the mods just cause he don't know about or anything else.

And also i don't know how the serverkey actually work but a simple idea of encrypted code that i have can definitely prevent anyone to use fake key/mods a key who have a encrypted code depending of actual things + pbo/script size but also by an encrypted short code who is a compression of the information inside the files.

_Second, Server side mods approval : A simple solution that can help a lot if my first idea is accepted by you BIS team, if an official main server for mods list/key check is created not for download mods but for key check it can also include information on every mods including a single image, a download link and a description, for people who want to look for a mods (at least for those present in the server for keys check) it will be nice or mainly for check if the mods is available for online game.

But it will be really useful for the server creator/admin for determine wish mods is accepted or not without need to download them.

When the guy is create his server he will simply have access to the list of mods available online and can choose wish one he accept and save the configuration and work by sub menu, like simply disabled all custom weapon, or enabled them but disabled some of them for people who don't want to see some too powerful weapon for example or depending of the mission prevent for example French or Russian weapon in BLUEFOR -> USA only server or if a virtual vehicle box is created one day (and i think it will) it can disabled some futuristic vehicle or anything else.

My English is not perfect, so for help to see what i talk about i have take a random screenshot on google image : http://i10.servimg.com/u/f10/16/64/27/28/f0210.jpg

This kind of menu/submenu, the guy can simply and really fast disabled all mods of a category like all weapon or enabled them and depending on the sub category (sniper, MG, riffle, pistol etc) choose all of filter some of them and possibility to access to a mods description/information and a image for help servers admin to choose to enabled or disabled a mods that he don't know rather than need to leave the game and check on google.

The server mods list can be save and for anyone who want an "already done" configuration (cause with a lot of mods it can take a while if we check them one by one) he just download it from Armaholic for example.

For player side, the actual "server mods" can show mods needed for play in this server and also show in red all mods he have but who is not authorized in the server.

_Third, Online/offline mods disabled/enabled : The last of the 3 things about mods and online use of them will be a way better solution for player side who have mods not compatible with some servers, a explain :

The possibility to make some mods enabled for single player mode but disabled for multiplayer, for example for mods related to bot interface or anything else their is a lot of reason that can push someone to want some mods to be using in SP but not in MP, like the mods that's can't be using on MP for example.

But also possibility to disabled mods even those who are not detected by the game and absent in "Expansions" simply cause the mod.cpp file can't be available (for example for those like me who use a mods folder rather than use a lot of different folders).

It will be really nice for everyone rather than check for a server, see that some mods are not accepted and need to leave the game, create a new steam launch option settings/shortcut or delete mod's folders and back to the game for finally rejoin the server, imagine if rather than this people can simply have a warning an a possibility : You actually have the following mods "mod's names" who is not available to play with in this server.

And two options : leave this server/OK/cancel and the other, the important one : Automatically disabled mods not authorized in this server and continue.

I think everyone prefer wait one or two minutes more to rejoin the server cause the game will reload files without those who are disabled for this server rather than need to restart the game and manually disabled them and do it again and again every time we want to go in a new server, its the difference that's can make a lot of people bored to play the game cause of this happy to this possibility.

The best solution will be to have two different loading, the main loading for the game engine and solo/editor (cause the game itself is running is background, i understand that mods need to be loaded during the launch of the game itself) and a different load for the multiplayer side, maybe who take a little more time to access to server for those who have mods but finally be faster than always have to care and manage mods.

Anyways you have a great skill for make game i trust in you for find a good solution for make something like this become possible.

And with all respect i have for you, actually the game anti cheat is definitely not the best, a lot of people call Arma the paradise of the cheater/hacker, it will be a good occasion to improve mods and protection, save time and work by doing two things in the "same time".

Vehicle.

Like i have previously say, a lot of people who drive helicopter/airplane in Arma know a lot about aviation in real world, it will be way better and attract a lot of more client if the game can handle basic but realistic vehicle, and a game can be realistic to the maximum we can imagine, it will still be limited in realism by the less realistic things, like a chain that the total strength of the chain depend of the weakest link and actually aviation is completely and definitely NOT realistic cause its too much simplified for make accessible them, it will be better if we can play any vehicle with two level of realism.

Best example with helicopter : Even with some part of the realism from Take on Helicopter, the Arma helicopter will still be arcade for make them available for all player, but it considerably decrease the game realism, for those who want a simple option for choice depending of the vehicle type the realism : Arcade, Realist, Simulation/Full in options for single player and for multiplayer it can be free (nice when we play against bots only in coop) or forced to be Arcade only (actual) for lets everyone able to take them without give disadvantage to anyone, or same for Full for those who only want realistic operation even if its limit complex vehicle to people who know it.

Every people who like aircraft and play DCS for example (the most realistic aircraft simulator available today) i have try to make them play to Arma but they don't want cause the flying machine are not realistic and too much arcade, radar work in a magic way, missile and the way we lock them are not realistic at all, damage are really not realistic etc etc.

A way more realistic vehicle will be better, actual are arcade and in fact it can make them harder to try than real one, for example helicopter, i know its still an Alpha (the Beta coming soon) its easier for me to drive the damn hard to fly UH-1H Huey from DCS World than the helicopter in Arma 3, simply cause arcade make the basic handle more easy but a lot of things like maneuverability are totally wrong and sometime way too much weak.

Possibility to flight them in a easy way like actually with Arcade options its nice, but it really need a "Realist" where the flight model is not 100% accurate with all helicopter physic property, but more realistic, close than a rea simulation game than a simple arcade one, and a "Simulation/Full" mode where it will be Take on Helicopter like with realistic physic and things like stall for aircraft and vortex ring state for helicopter, need to trim them, realistic damage even if we flight too fast with landing gear open or flaps down or the rotor to brake if we take way too much G, or realistic avionic/interface i don't talk about 100% full realism like DCS or Seven G cause i know that its way too much work, but something who still have a minimum of realism, rather than attract more people it will also adding more realism and immersion to the game.

But its not only related to flying machine, things like cars, they actually have a nice physic, some people for sure want vehicle with possibility to control shift and click on dashboard for turn on things like light, whisper (mainly if raindrops visual effect are present and really influence the visibility like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5StDRP_EM or if per miracle you decide to implement an advanced radio like ACRE directly in vanilla game (without loose the possibility to use the default VOIP for half realism server), something that everyone want, adding possibility to click on button can permit without need to map 200 keyboard functions to control the radio inside the vehicle, also turn off the PIP screen for those who only want to use mirrors or any other reason like enabled parking brake (not just the handbrake) or any other function, same for Tanks, i hope they will be with 3D interior like actual cars, and make realistic tanks will be really nice and possibility to simply use buttons for access to the functions that you have implemented will be nice, and it will be even better if any modders want to create a 100% realistic vehicle with ACRE module inside and almost all functions represented for gunner, and other part of the realism, if we don't have a loader or if he is actually with his head outside the tank the tank can't be reloaded, but things like Artillery it will be really useful to access to realistic functions and also have clickable interior like Take on Helicopter rather than use menu or 200 key functions.

Anyway its useless to give more example you have understand, i hope you will decide to do it.

Some of my idea for the final or post final as a DLC or anything.

I hope my arguments will persuade you to do some of my idea and see that the game even in finale version will have reach the maximum or even half of the potential that this concept can do and don't stay only focus on infantry based on medium/long range engagement but expend the horizon to vehicle and close combat.

And also thanks BIS team for this game, not yet finish and already really nice !

What i really would like to see is the ability to gathering intel through direct and indirect observations. individual squads/groups of the same affiliation able to directly (map)share intel on enemy positions and types. In Arma2 this could be done by asking a soldier or civilian from another group. why not share this information as a collective(all friendlies on the map) I think this opens up new tactical opportunities.

Regarding recoil

Many are unhappy looking here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2425

How about starting with lower recoil and increasing it while full auto firing.

That way single shots and short bursts are more controled (as in real life) and longer burst get harder to control.

Starting recoil strength should be less as stances get lower. (more stable)

Possibility to put several mod.paa and mod.cpp in the same folder, when we use a mods folder for avoid to launch the game with a really huge launching command from a lot of folders Arma 3 don't accept that we rename mod.cpp and mod.caa.

Edit : Possibility to create a new profile without need to setup again all options including controls, sound and graphics, its really annoying, or at least possibility to save options configuration.

Edited by Demongornot

I hope they can put in dive flippers as a piece of equipment.. sucks to only be able to swim fast with the divesuit on

It will be nice if they will implement these features by a low cost dlc... They will make a fortune as I would buy it... every last one... But not like 1 gun per dlc a package of stuff in a dlc

I doubt developers are still reading this thread, but I have some suggestions for ArmA 3 I would love to get a response on.

1. Laser pointers should be useful for more than just jet bombs/missiles. You should open up laser pointers to be useful for attack helicopters, tanks, other vehicles, and even some infantry portable weapons. These weapon systems can all take advantage of laser designation in many ways, and future weapon systems in 2033 will even more so. Locking laser designation to just LGBs is a waste, while unlocking its true potential will only cement teamwork and cooperation.

2. Optional (maybe) render to texture scopes. I love the new 3D scopes in the beta, but why not go a step further and use render to texture to zoom in the scope itself, while keeping the peripheral vision unfocused and zoomed out? You have the R2T technology now, and yet fail to utilize it in ways many games before you (red orchestra, insurgency, etc) already have.

This link is an example of what I am talking about, though not using R2T the concept is the same.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7372/arma2oa2011062715222412.jpg

Tell me what you think please.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar