Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

New event handlers: "AmmoHit", "Explosion","Suppresion" - like in VBS2.

EH for detecting, if there was created on map/near given position new object of given class/type, same for removing an object.

EH/command for detecting, if given object starts/ends/is emitting a sound and light of any kind.

A way to better manipulate/control via script AI's knowledge factor: ability to lower it, freeze, tweak and possibility to turn autonomous knowsAbout detection off for given AI (so in such manual mode can be changed only via script).

A way to reliable turn off/break/removing from unit formation or danger fsms - to make AI 100% puppet in any moment and back.

Reliable setFriend change "on the fly", ability of making chosen side/faction/unit only an enemy/friend to the given side/faction/unit...

Just take a look at Battlefield 4 !!! they are more ahead than you, just take a look at their explosions, maps (scenes), driving (hands on the wheel, changing gear),... don't leave ArmA here... improve it a lot more

SOUND:

Environmental sounds (birds,insects) must stop when they start shooting, heavy noises

Environmental sounds should be idle sounds, unless we move in stealthily.

Add conversations and shouts of the enemy if it is close.

Edited by PFC Magician

Have Holographic sights work as they should. Meaning that when one is attached to a weapon the user has a the hologram appear for quick target acquisition.

The proper use of them is for the operator to have one eye through the site and the other eye open so you don't lose your vision. The effect you get is that of what ever the hologram sight projects to the eye.

As it stands EOtechs are less useful than red dot sight because they take up too much space on the screen when enabled.

Basically the use of an EOtech should improve accuracy when firing with out iron sights.

-Rotor blades and aircraft props that do damage to players. Could be server option. (If its hard to implement for AI then let them pass through unharmed but human players would be killed)

-Rotor blades get destroyed if they hit anything while flying instead of making the helicopter spontaneously explode or bounce around.

I support this, and I would further extend collision detection to include telephone wires and tower guy wires.

A better diffuse fog system, as the silhouetted version now doesn't look right.

ruzkp5ml.jpg

hi.

arma 3 (and 2 in my opinion) should have an option (module) when placed on the map makes all bullets non-fatal, but they will still do virtual damage and knock you out, when knocked out, the "victim" can reset his health using the menu, (or admin only, module settings) this mode makes training sessions with friends of the same side much easier, since you can quickly get going if you are "killed" without the need of re spawning. and you can make training drills (and missions) much more interesting since.

what do you think of this feature, will it be possible. any more suggestions.

thanks,

jptiger

(sorry for the grammar :P)

Hi, I have some ideas or suggestions for Arma.

- First would be "move on command" option in menu. It would be about setting a waypoint for a soldier (or another unit), but the soldier wouldn't go there immediately, but only on my future command. This way I could set different waypoints to a few units and tell them to go there at the same time. This would offer great tactical possibilities.

- Another would be "prioritizing targets". This means that I tell my soldiers to engage only a specific type of target. For example as a commander of a few helicopter crews I would say priority target are BMP's and they would attack BMP's and not tanks on the battlefield. Even infantry could utilize it - I could order to attack only for example AT soldiers, because I know that the rest would be killed by armored units.

- Last thing is watching a direction that could change according to the direction of walking. For instance I would order my soldier to watch left (or right, rear) and he would scan the left side of formation even if we change the direction of our movement.

Regarding helicopters (Gameplay):

-When using trackIR, the firstperson HUD/crosshair follows your 'look' direction. When trying to fire, this makes it difficult to effectively aim at a target. I'd prefer a fixed crosshair (or maybe an option).

-The Ka60 needs to be more responsive to throttle decrease. You can cut throttle to 0 and still maintain attitude for much too long, in my opinion.

Explain just what the heck "Added more camoflage selections for vests and helmets" means. You can't write that in the changelog without providing anything like classnames, if that even means there are new helmets and vests. Seriously, what does it mean? Something to do with concealment values for addon makers, hidden textures for helmets and vests, new helmets and vests, etc.?

i thought it would be neat if a player could jump, climb and swim with sharks

i tried to climb

http://imageshack.us/f/703/yunoclimb.png/

i tried to jump

- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/47282489.jpg/

- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/79997627.jpg/

- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/145/17861410.jpg/

- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/92002032.jpg/

no 3 pointers here

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/70688285.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/14/12412703.jpg/

hunting for jaws

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/artthoujaws.png/

then i blew shit up

i did try my best to jump, climb, swim with fish just really wish i could jump or at least eject from a chopper from "thousand meters and beyond

one more thing, whats with the smoke grenades, evertime i equip them i tried remove HE grenades to carry more smokes, if theres no HE grenades in gear, the smokes dont show up and i cant toss them

they still show in the gear though

i put a scaffold next to the basketball court and i tried to slam dunk, it didnt work too well

major facepalm

ps, you have to park a chopper on the scaffold

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

oh yea and the atv's are pretty sweet but i dont like the camera too much

i just want to be able to see the handle bars on the atv

i hope BIS dnot forget features from SLX and integrate in arma3

move dead bodys

move ammo boxes and static weapons

wounds system

meele attacks

Edited by PFC Magician

http://defensetech.org/2013/04/05/video-f-35b-conducts-first-vertical-takeoff-and-landing/

Video of an F35 doing all 3 types of take-off and 2 types of landing. BIS take note of the sound. That's what a fighter jet sounds like to someone on the ground. Arma 2's weedy harrier engines were very disappointing.

Good reference for how it should look in NVG as well.

Here is my list of "do wants" (I have not searched the thread (tl:dr), so if a request is redundant, forgive me and skip. I hope I can chime in with something new):

1: IR pointer tied to optics package on airframes. This will give CAS a new tool in preventing fratricide and aiding in target identification. This can be tied into helo gun cameras, UAV cameras, and (I may be stretching my luck) any fixed wing with something similar to a Litening Pod. It can be activated via menu or key-binding. This will allow the FAC/FO/JTAC the ability to make sure the pilot/gunner has the right target, and is not targeting friendlies before weapon release.

2: IR strobes. Very helpful for night ops on the ground. Again, would like this tied in for air ID as well. Can maybe just be an "overlay" for friendlies vs. making an item that can be seen from air? I hope you get the idea.

3: Native support for ACRE. Amirite?

4: Ability to shoot from MH-9, open door on helo, and the zodiac when in cargo positions.

5: BFT style tracker. Can be an item available for select troops/ integrated in vehicles. This will add markers on the map to every friendly group (instead of every friendly in order to prevent clutter). Enemy forces spotted by a friendly group will be added to the map, visible to all units on the same side (instead of just units in your group), and updated as long as reporting group maintains visual contact. Bonus: Selecting the marker can pop up a hint box with groups status.

6: Aiming reticle for bombs on aircraft HUD. Dropping dumb bombs semi-accurately takes quite a bit of practice. A CCIP and/or CCRP HUD mark would really help pilots.

7: Fast roping.

That's all I have for now. I hope I have suggested something new.

Arma 2 MLODS?

So we can make some new uniforms and civilian clothing possibly some body armor templates :)

Haven't seen it posted but, how about adding a Ghillie suit for the marksman class? seem kind of a vital part!

There is a ghillie suit hidden in the Alpha, there was just no official config for it yet.

I can't think of any reasonable request atm but I hope there's understanding the post is useful here

Though I might also just come back with a good idea in a few minutes

Edited by PurePassion

well since this game is what all BF veterans want, without anynew BFschool shit, why don't you include a Conquest type mission with revive and respawn in base?

In coop. Enemy AI can see AND KILL YOU THROUGH rocks/tress/terrain and great distance and with complete accuracy. This alone is a game killer it needs fixed.

Suggestion...limpet mines and ability to place them while in water

This is more a wish list thing for me and there are likely more pressing things in the forefront at present. But if you could please add this to your "perhaps" list please.

A diver magnetically attaches a limpet mine to the hull of a ship while in the water...it can be set to timer or touched off.'

Thanks!

Sorry I posted a thread before seeing this one, can we have clan tag soldier and vehicle insignia in the form of shoulder patches, vinyls for vehicles? Thank you.

This is a really important feature for me. I am wondering if Arma 3 will have as vivid dance animations as Arma 2 had; video embedded in message. I, as many other people who play these games know that realistic dancing animations is what made them realistic. So I really hope Bohemia Interactive will incorporate as good dance animation as in Arma 2, or even better, improved ones.

Thank you for reading this. Please do post your opinions about this.

Edited by jefvel