Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Being able to eject from choppers or at least be able to get out of the chopper with the engine running.

AI pilots being able to attack/coordinated airstrike/ bombing run? AI pickup/drop off? 64 bit(Not happening but whatever) Ability to surrender/ Take prisoners of war?

I advocate suggestion about adding digital watch (as selectable option). Exactly 24-hour digital watch, which would be useable on some circumstances. Something like this

kasdj.jpg

Also, if is possible, with working stopwatch.

Suggestion; a key that does like "View" (alt) but doesn't autorecenter when you depress it. It would be helpful for landing a heli in 1st person when you don't have trackir.

realistic ammunitions. realistic ammunition loading. as per real life.

realistic magazines, refilling of magazines.

boxes or 'groups' of shotgun or revolver bullets. individual bullets/shells for boltaction strip-clip or single-shell loaders, and for pump action shotguns.

topping up single-shells on single-shell reloading weaponary.

ability to interupt single-shell loaded weapon reloading to shoot.

ability to have different slugs/pellets loaded into the capacity of a shotgun, and mixed, via interuption of the reload of a type of ammo and the switching to another, where applicable in real-life.

Edited by edg

This game needs a better MP Lobby system. Back in the early ofp days when I thought it was hip to play flashpoint through gamespy. I could easily see which of my friends were online, I could favourite servers and always read extra information like where to get mods and what the general rule sets were. I played the predecessor of cti and warfare called [Campaign] there with buddies who I could always find with a couple of clicks. If I remember correctly that only covered the early patches and eventually I moved onto the in game mp finder.

At that moment I was not discouraged since the ingame mp community was 20 times that size and I got introduced to game modes like serial killer, mfcti, crcti, nogville etc which were enough to keep me busy for the upcoming days.

With the changes clearly seen in ArmA 3 Alpha I have managed to get my friends into the game ( all of them in fact, the alpha light was a god gift that keeps on giving, since I got their alpha light keys in return ). And the guys love the gameplay, atmosphere, coop and pvp, editing capabillties etc of this game.

The only problem we have is that if a guy joins on a early game on a good stable server, we spend a majority of our time, trying to find the server and friends. As expected the game lobbies of other games ( even older ones ) has spoiled everyone in thinking that you can join a friend with one click.

Since the game is now supported by steam I hope effort will be made to connect steam to the player profile in game. In fact after all these years of basically the same server lobby, I kind of expect it.

This game needs a better MP Lobby system. Back in the early ofp days when I thought it was hip to play flashpoint through gamespy. I could easily see which of my friends were online, I could favourite servers and always read extra information like where to get mods and what the general rule sets were. I played the predecessor of cti and warfare called [Campaign] there with buddies who I could always find with a couple of clicks. If I remember correctly that only covered the early patches and eventually I moved onto the in game mp finder.

At that moment I was not discouraged since the ingame mp community was 20 times that size and I got introduced to game modes like serial killer, mfcti, crcti, nogville etc which were enough to keep me busy for the upcoming days.

With the changes clearly seen in ArmA 3 Alpha I have managed to get my friends into the game ( all of them in fact, the alpha light was a god gift that keeps on giving, since I got their alpha light keys in return ). And the guys love the gameplay, atmosphere, coop and pvp, editing capabillties etc of this game.

The only problem we have is that if a guy joins on a early game on a good stable server, we spend a majority of our time, trying to find the server and friends. As expected the game lobbies of other games ( even older ones ) has spoiled everyone in thinking that you can join a friend with one click.

Since the game is now supported by steam I hope effort will be made to connect steam to the player profile in game. In fact after all these years of basically the same server lobby, I kind of expect it.

the same features which were for OFP are still there in A1, A2, OA, TOH and A3 server browser ... sometimes I wonder if people realize that the MP server browser was just evolving ...

for Arma 3 there wasn't yet any radical change to the MP server browser (majority is similar to OA) but expect improvements to happen

AI reacting to the alarming sounds (eg. distant shots, screams) and visuals (explosions, blood, bodies, smoke, fire, nearby collisions) and any other alarming environment change, according to their type (civilian - panic, cover, run, shouts..., soldier - focus, go to the aware/combat, check source) kind of stimulus and current situation (if it is unexpected - so currently is calm/safe mode or not (accustoming factor, combat mode already...)).

AI reacting to other AI reactions (someone is running, screaming, hiding, aiming, shooting...) - inter alia kind of simply crowd behaviour.

AI reacting to the weather (mostly for civilians on safe/careless and/or when idle, wandering) - rain, sun, temperature - looking for shadow/hide, less or more active.

Edited by Rydygier

So far and by far... Though this is still an Alpha I just wanted to say its the best yet(including the original game) as far as game play and editing goes. Wish list, Maybe an easier way to make AI use artillery in editing missions. MORE indepth tutorials on the map making (visitor). Here I am and I am blank. lol BUT honestly so far everything I wanted in last 3 games have shown up, or improved significantly. Maybe unless I missing something. lol Make it easier to make a briefing. This is already been covered BUT for the sake of adding another vioce; Making it easier to port OR BIS porting over all previous maps from all versions of the game. I think its safe to say that most of us would pay for those in an expension... ESPECIALLY if you make improvements and/or campaigns on those. ;) OHHH and a red rider BB gun! :P

Thanks Bis for your hard work, and dedication to your product of the Arma series! Its well worth all the time and money I have spent on this game. PLEASE for the love of GOD keep the editor in all the next versions of this game and keep support for the modding community. Your competitor/ former colleages made the mistake of getting rid of it. They had almost as much potential as you guys, but got kind of umm I'll not say but you get my drift. ;)

P.S maybe some maps in the U.S. iffff thats at all possible. The U.S. coming under attack on our homeland would make for an interesting scenario or campaign. Hopefully in the next expansion or two... hint hint.... hint hint ;) hehehe That would be very hard, because you'd have to through in all the rednecks that would take up arms. ;) lol

Edited by Mikey74

Brightness/Contrast tuning or ability to see trees from afar in FLIR.

With the introduction of PIP thermals become more important than ever, allowing it to be not only a weapon but also navigation source...however in its current state it is EXTREMELY difficult to make out much of the environment, and on a smaller screen it is going to be even more difficult. Jcove Lite, a free version of VBS2 allowed this feature so why can't Arma 3?

The first pictures is what you see in Arma 3 currently, the second is the same image but with a -10 brightness and +65 contrast change.

orig2_zpsecd808ca.jpg

tweak2_zps44d68d17.jpg

Some more around a woodsy area

orig7_zpsa027e8c3.jpg

tweak7_zps34d2c23d.jpg

And this is what it would look like from PIP in a helicopter

PIPcomparisonHigh_zps9dfa665c.jpg

The lack of being able to see the vegetation makes navigation by digital display near impossible.

Edited by NodUnit

Faction:

British Army - Parachute Regiment

Gameplay:

When you use your mic, at the start and/or end of your voice, it plays a radio sound/beep. Also, the ability to switch this option off (for all); just in case people find it annoying etc.

Animations:

I would like to see animations (compass, gps, watches, cellphones, CAS request radio) and not its instant apparition.

more animations, in arma2 have sit and salute, can be adding shake weapon over head, put weapon in one hand upside down?i like some celebration animations for use in online missions (domination)

Vehicles Gameplay:

Tank must be destroy bulding on collision, with penalization damaged tracked crawler (yellow)

You can customize the gear so, that can do with vehicles, engineers should be able change the color (camo/solid), armament, defense on APC and tracked vehicles.

Add electronic failure on wheels, loosing computer targeting, thermals reticles, fail engine start, hud, ligths (stop including)

Edited by PFC Magician

When looking straight at a light source around of it should appear darker

Given the Steam exclusvity of ArmA 3 and desire to integrate Steamworks (which was mentioned somewhere), a couple of ideas for the possible functions:

1. Linking of Steam profiles to the "Players" screen ingame. This may include Steam profile picture and/or a clickable link to the Steam profile
  2. List of last 10/20/30 Steam players you've played in multiplayer with. Useful if e.g. you've just finished playing on some server and want to establish contact with someone you played with.
  3. Steam invite to a game - obvious
  4. [Far shot] Integration of Steam Workshop for the mods. The system is pretty nicely used in The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim for example, and will cover the much-voted up request for the automatic mod download.

Please add in a slight animation when changing firing modes coupled with 3 slightly different sounds to allow players to tell what mode they just chose without HUD.PR:BF2 has a sweet firing mode animation that is just a simple lean of the weapon that would work well.Then two slightly different clicks to signal firing mode chosen and maybe a thump sound to signal grenade launcher chosen.

The in-vehicle leaning system from ToH. Common BI you already know how to do it, please put it in A3

Having units behave differently to handling firearms. For example, if you change the unit skill in the editor to below a quarter, the unit will have different animations in firing and holding rifles, pistols, etc. Then for half skill, better handling. 3 quarters above skill, default animations. I'd love to have armed civilians hip firing due to low skill.

Pilot-able UAVs, such as MQ-1 Predator surveillance drone, MQ-9 Reaper hunter-killer drone, and MQ-8 multi-role heli-drone. The MQ-1 should be able to be flown to a location via pilot, then ordered to orbit location at set distance and altitude, so the pilot can relay tactical information to ground troops. The MQ-9 should live up to it's role as assassin, perhaps you could implement a priority target system?