Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Equipment&misc:

-Subsonic Ammunition

cnn.com/2012/11/20/tech/innovation/subsonic-bullets-wired

Portable mortars!

Suggestions! Portable mortars! I'm not talking 120mm or something like that but maybe 85mm or maybe just maybe 100mm

I realize it will probably be heavy so what I thought of was lets say "A small unit attacks an outpost and takes it over than 2 or 3 people had mortars with them deploy

them while other people that carried the shells for them start loading them up and they start shelling an enemy base for another Task force"

Since the mortars will probably be too heavy to carry shells as well team work is a must the mortar can be placed in the Launcher slot

and deployed it will work like a vehicle you press 'space' or what ever activate key you have it set to and get into position in that you can adjust the aim according to markers or scouts that someone else placed while another guy will load shells it will not work the same he activates the loading symbol gets a little animation than backs up and out no vehicle thing. I know there's artillery and a mortar vehicle but they are harder to hide from attack helicopters and such while a small force can easily conceal 2-3 mortars also Infantry can just pack up and leave no problem if they are spotted and disappear again plus it can get to more awkward positions which vehicles cant get to. Just a suggestion I don't expect it to get used or anything or maybe its already in and I just don't know it yet. It wont surprise me.

I think it would be cool.

Sitting in the back of a truck and shooting would be epic. We need this, BI. :)

- Allow 200Kb Custom Faces.

- Player side Squad Logo (Stored on the same folder than the Custom Face).

- #AllowJPG, #AllowPNG & AllowMP3 on the servers config.

- A server side Kb limit per each file type.

- A predefined max number of custom files on the Player folder.

3 things which just poped in my mind are:

- If you step on a land mine I would like to hear a click but don't make it expload imidietely as it is now. Make it explode when you move again. If you keep staying on it it won't explode till you decrease pressure. Just like in real life. It would add a lot to RP. You can call E.O.D to help you out

- shooting from the Littlebirds and cars would be really epic.

- CQB mission - cleaning buildings, using breaching charges and shields

Edited by Illusion_cz

Equipment&misc:

-In Game Item: Face Paint - http://tinyurl.com/ctmtetx

-Ability to custom paint certain parts of your face and wipe off any time in-game.

Upvote in the feedback tracker! http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5435

Equiment&misc:

-Realistic Calorie intake as energy

-MRE's as carry-able/usable item (Pot and pan to use on fireplace to heat up the main meal? or could just be eaten cold, I believe they are pre-cooked.)

Energy and MRE detail:

Certain amount of real-time hours until calories run out and pace starts to slow where less sprint based on the soldiers energy level is available. Probably should only needed for long real-time hours in the field for long MP games and continued co-op and SP missions where soldiers aren't returned to base for multiple missions. Could really be useful in the design of very long missions. Many ways to incorperate into the realism of being out in combat for a long time.

Edited by calrod

Consistent options

Like object viewdistance, which is changed by resolution and objects quality, why not JUST with a distance setting?

I couldn't find this in the completed thread and I don't know if this is already thought of but is it possible to have a simplafied base builder/editor that could make you build a training base for example or like a little village.

A idea for the mapping of xbox controller in ARMA3 , would be great if they could map the keys to some thing like this in the beta .I currently use xpadder for this setup

2zho41w.png

2cnyyah.png

It would be great if Arma3 allowed the use of a Xbox360 Controller button (say Start) to switch to an alternate set of functions but ONLY if there's a clear on-screen indicator showing which set is currently active, otherwise in my experience it becomes a nightmare of not knowing which set you're in and buttons not doing what you expect them to. What I sometimes do is use a key that's easily held whilst pressing other keys, such as Left Bumper, to act as a whilst-held modifier, so then at least when it's not being held the buttons always do the default actions and if A3 uses that scheme then an on-screen indicator isn't necessary. I don't really mind which is used but it would be nice to be able to double-up most of the buttons to try and accommodate the many important controls in Arma.

Not that I use the controller myself (except maybe for flying) as I use M&KB and Voice control now but it's useful for my friends who sometimes play on the TV from the couch.

It's probably already been posted, but I want chambered rounds for firearms.

I have some suggestion for ARMA 3;

1. Vest / ammo pouch system: In inventory rifle magazines only put to rifle magazine slots and mg ammo cans can't put in rifle magazine slot. If you want take them in your inventory ( like mg assistant) you can put them only your bag. And any soldier can't carry more than 2-4 grenades/smokes in quick access pouch. ( can be add more spesific vest and pouchs for each weapon and ammo type)

2. Grenade system: Grenades can't throw like in Alpha (in 1 seconds). You must take grenade out of pouch and you must pull the pin and release grenade (maybe in 3-4 seconds). And you can't throw grenade further while you crawling. (holding "G" can ready grenade for throw)

3. Magazine System: Weapon models looking same with different magazines. Mg has no ammo but still looking ammo belt on it. There is no difference with 30 Round Magazines and 100 Round Magazines . Can be add empty magazine to inventory. In steel magazines we cant know ammo count. And many soldier uses mg ammo belt without ammo can . ( Ammo count don't seen while using ammo can or stell magazines and can be add mg ammo belt without ammo can)

4.Supression System: Most of soldiers starting crawl or run with bullet crack sound. And look anything for cover. If they can't see enemy start suppressing fire on possible enemy fire bases. Cover themself with smoke and manuever to nearest possible fire bases. ( Soldiers can crawl or run nearest cover when hear fire sound)

5. Artillery system: Many artillery system is can't hit target with first round. Observer must calibrate the artillery with calibration rounds. It can take 2-4 round for hit the target. Many times observer can't say coordinates of target he says only self coordinates - range to target and direction of target. Artilery staff calculates the target area. And fires first round and says 1 round fired flying time is 25 seconds. Observer start count and first round hit the ground. Observer gives correction to explosion with right / left and extend / shorten like this 100 to right 200 extend (if the explosion is near 200 m from target and 100 m left of target in my sight). And artillery staff calculates corrections and fires second round. It continues until hit the target. There is not one shot one kill with artillery weapons. Or you can use smart munition with artillerry and this munition can hit the thermal targets or lazer targets in area. ( can be add new artillery system realistic)

6. Deploying weapon: Weapons can be deployed with bipod or not with bipod. It give more steady and accuracy while reducing recoil. (can be add weapon deploy button)

7. Blind Firing: Many times soldier fires blind from cover like corner walls, cars, rocks, trees and this firing supress enemy sometimes. (can be add blind fire buttons like leaning buttons)

8. First Aid and Transfering Casualities: Medics can first aid to wounded soldiers in battlefied. But this soldiers and all casualities must transfer to field hospital.If you guerilla, terrorist or rebel you can't do that but if you army you must. It can be with helicopter or vehicle. ( drag,carry and put vehicle actions for casualities (wounded and kia)

9. Jamming weapons: Weapons jam when overheated or get dirty, poor condition and damaged bullets. Some damaged or faulty producted weapons, grenades and bullets wont work exactly. (can be add unjam and change barrel action)

10. Smoking barrels: If weapon overheats barrel smokes and looking like core. (barrel can produce smoke and looking core)

I think this is my first post here... However I have been playing Arma since OFP in 2001, shout out to the old skoolers ;)

I did a few searches and see that people have already talked about the tyres screeching even on dirt, as well as the steering problems, so no need to elaborate there.

However what I didn't see is posts about the collision sounds. I like the new vehicle physics and it feels cool to careen around on two wheels, trying not to slide off a cliff. But once you hit something it all feels rather anti- climatic.

It would be nice to have different sounds of metal and glass being impacted, depending on the velocity before collision. A big vehicle accident is very loud, on the same level as gunfire sometimes so is an important part of immersion.

Also other sounds would also be great, like metal grinding and groaning when two vehicles are driving side by side scratching each other.

I also wanted to suggest ability to drive cars in manual gearing, so you could, while climbing a hill, downshift a gear or two and kick up a dust cloud spinning your wheels. Some of these vehicles have a lot of torque, and it would be fun to use it! I know Arma isn't an offroad racing sim but it would be awesome while being realistic :yay:

Btw loving a lot of the improved Sound FX! I'm a sound engineer myself and do sound design, so I would love to discuss with the devs if they are interested in ideas :)

I would like to see some kind of entity collision physics interaction similiar to what we saw in GTA IV. When you run over with full force on the enemy he would be pushed back, dropped to the ground etc. Small enhancement to CQB where we could use meele weapon to kill an enemy we would just push him to the ground and shot. We cant notice an enemy coming on us out of the bushes or when engaging highly defensive position we need to act fast.

It's also that "little thing" which would add alot not only to immersion but actually the gameplay.

Oculus Rift support OR graphics pipeline flexibility allowing for a community mod to implement the support (head tracking should already be possible). I would donate towards this and I'm sure plenty of others would as well.

GAMEPLAY

1. Decaptitation

Well since we want keep it as much realistic as it can be having on the other hand Si-Fi features Decaptitation is a MUST HAVE, i dont talk here about some unreal GORE and fountain of blood, no no no its not a Quake, but still when everyone sees how rpg hits a soldier and he only jump up to air and hit ground in one peace makes me feel bad.

2. Injury System, Medical System

Yeah, right now and in any other arma series there was only some stances while you had some % of your life it was stupid that u got shoot in hand 2 times and your soldier gets prone like he would have injured leg... lets put it on the higher lvl, make on hud special icon that shows your whole body will give you information where you was hit, which part of body is injured and in that case special animations and penalty that comes with those injures. Also like someone said before ability to drag your team mate would really help medics to pach up safelly.

3. Server Browser

Would be nice to see finally a "Friends" and "Favorites" TAB's

Edited by Wrona

- Bunkers that can be cleaned out.

- Underwater caves

- Helicopter fast rope

- high buildings to unload troops on roof.

- rope down on buildings and move out sit on the buildings. (SAS) and breach the door and so on.

Advanced Loadout

What has been bothering me is the fact they call the editor "easy and efficient map making" But one thing that I think should really be added is a option to give your load-out a specific customization.

I am requesting this idea so the needs of making strings or codes for a advanced load-out would't be necessary.

So what I mean is let's say you want to place a Opfor with a specific weapon and gear inventory. You would simply press the "inventory" button and you will see the same as when you press ingame "I".

From that point you can select the main weapon by double clicking your main weapon slot and selecting all possible weapons for that slot. Same goes for your helmet, all possible helmets will be shown and you press the one it should have.

These load-outs should be save-able so it can be easy used later on.

Another example would be cars. Double click on the Loud-out, en select what items there should be inside the car.

I hope this is well explained and I hope someone can confirm that this actually should be really helpfull.

Have an Idea:

for controlling speed when in vehicles or for doing something that joysticks and rudders do ==> be able to hold a key (for example CTRL) and then scroll the Mouse Wheel.

Please add this feature to ArmA 3 !