Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Add a patch system. uniform standards that can be followed so that custom patches (name tape, callsign, team) at least can carry over to any server. placement areas can be all the standards such as sleeves, and chest. dont forget however, vest admin pouch, backpack, helmet sides and back(nameplate). this should be able to be customized through your profile. maybe have a full view of your soldier in gear and select where patches go via predetermined standards (blank velcro). these should also be fully custom patches; dont know how it can work effectively without causing much additional strain on the servers, but the ability to make our own team patches without having to choose from a premade library. either photoshop it, or, maybe an ingame editor. also dont forget about moral, country, and state patches.

feedback tracker

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4333

Gameplay:

-more realistic dying animation

-more realistic dying sounds

-detailed statistics of the player's profile (multiplayer and singleplayer)

-cover mode (if pressed player uses wall or obstacle and takes cover behind it)

-tutorial explaining the multiplayer

-AIs with skill lower than half should sometimes flee when outnumbered badly

Game engine:

-more focus on game engine performance

AI:

-AIs not stuck anymore trying to "get in" a vehicle

-better Path finding

-ai drivers have better solutions escaping after a crash with their vehicle

-AI takes cover by itself when possible

-AI tries to escape if ambushed from several angles

-AI doesn't overrun other AI accidently

-AI should react much quicker (melee?) when player stands directly in front of them

- Thunder (I like the lightning a lot but what really is missing is the awesome rumble that follows. If this is build in it should be like IRL, loud, long and quick after the light if closeby, more of a rumble when its in the distance)

Server integrated Auto Team Balance, Anti Teamkill Function... (normally a must have)

Edited by Gurlukovic

I would like to have better injury system, as well as being able to drag your wounded like Arma 2. I'm sure this will be implemented again but still.

maybe some passive animations. inspired by this canned photo by dyslexic:

http://dslyecxi.com/cms_wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/a3_st_2.jpg

so when you use the map, you know how you kneel down? maybe an animtion plays where you have your hand held out with a map in it. and then when you use the radio, you play an animation like that guy there.

- Step through windows

- Building destruction

Easy and small adjustments to the command setup to the keyboard.

- double tap key must be stronger than single tap key. Example: this way you could put prone and crouch on the same key. Double tap would cancel the crouch and get the character into prone.

- hold key should be possible for every command. Meaning hold for a second to execute. Example hold the map key for a second and GPS comes up is set to the same key. Easy to implement as there is no key up and no double tap within that second

- allow mouse and keyboard combinations. This way a mouse button could act as a shift key greatly reducing the needed keys.

thanks a lot and keep on the great work.

Peter

The highest difficulty.

Is some similar themes, but I would like look at it from technical and some others aspects.

At first about names. In my view is 'Elite' too pretentious. Even "Expert" was too.. Look. People come to game from many other shooters etc. And many of them was played years in first person view, without crosshairs, with highly moderated TS etc. And most of them will continue to play in own old preferences. That don't make them "elite" or "expert" in ArmA3. But will put them under a press - why your gameplay don't correspond in game to the status of "elite"? That might be only question of taste, but my suggestion is to make "veteran" as highest difficulty level. "Veteran" can be from many other wars, conflicts and so on. They might not be professional in current situation with new weapons and features. Heck, they might be simply 'old farts', who don't trust anybody, especially icons and markers. IMO, word "veteran" isn't so pretentious as "elite" or at least allow take it not so unambiguously. And if there really is needed difficulty level between "regular" and "veteran", that might be "adept". OK, it's only my unpretending opinion.

At same time i guess would be good to encourage those "hard mode" people to play also on servers where is settings on lower difficulty. But how? Maybe by adding after the nickname some specific sign or letter in Deathmessage? It works beneficially to both side (even if hard mode player does not see deathmessage), but it's too long story.

Now a little about technical aspects and problems.I guess we all agree, that highest difficulty mean disabling of all artificial "helpers" (though in the future soldiers can be even with Google+++ glasses, who knows..).

Remain only gadgets "how it will be in the real future war."

Logically only first person view and without crosshairs.

Exist problem with "feeling of own stances" in 1st person view. That mean, until isn't possibility to have physical feedback about your in-game stance, is needed on-screen a kind of indicator. Especially now, with so many different stances.

Also is problems with 'feeling' of fire mode of weapons, with adjustment of sight, counting cartridges in unattached magazine (as it is possible in IRL) etc.

Calling it as "problems" I mean just playing in 1st person view on hard mode.

Yes, some of them might be resolved as it is now on "veteran" level - temporary visible on HUD. Though i hope, is some way to implement alteranative solutions. Logically if devs have interest and resources to do this. Because we all know, that hard mode players is always minority.

The highest difficulty.

Is some similar themes, but I would like look at it from technical and some others aspects.

At first about names. In my view is 'Elite' too pretentious. Even "Expert" was too.. Look. People come to game from many other shooters etc. And many of them was played years in first person view, without crosshairs, with highly moderated TS etc. And most of them will continue to play in own old preferences. That don't make them "elite" or "expert" in ArmA3. But will put them under a press - why your gameplay don't correspond in game to the status of "elite"? That might be only question of taste, but my suggestion is to make "veteran" as highest difficulty level. "Veteran" can be from many other wars, conflicts and so on. They might not be professional in current situation with new weapons and features. Heck, they might be simply 'old farts', who don't trust anybody, especially icons and markers. IMO, word "veteran" isn't so pretentious as "elite" or at least allow take it not so unambiguously. And if there really is needed difficulty level between "regular" and "veteran", that might be "adept". OK, it's only my unpretending opinion.

At same time i guess would be good to encourage those "hard mode" people to play also on servers where is settings on lower difficulty. But how? Maybe by adding after the nickname some specific sign or letter in Deathmessage? It works beneficially to both side (even if hard mode player does not see deathmessage), but it's too long story.

Now a little about technical aspects and problems.I guess we all agree, that highest difficulty mean disabling of all artificial "helpers" (though in the future soldiers can be even with Google+++ glasses, who knows..).

Remain only gadgets "how it will be in the real future war."

Logically only first person view and without crosshairs.

Exist problem with "feeling of own stances" in 1st person view. That mean, until isn't possibility to have physical feedback about your in-game stance, is needed on-screen a kind of indicator. Especially now, with so many different stances.

Also is problems with 'feeling' of fire mode of weapons, with adjustment of sight, counting cartridges in unattached magazine (as it is possible in IRL) etc.

Calling it as "problems" I mean just playing in 1st person view on hard mode.

Yes, some of them might be resolved as it is now on "veteran" level - temporary visible on HUD. Though i hope, is some way to implement alteranative solutions. Logically if devs have interest and resources to do this. Because we all know, that hard mode players is always minority.

I would like that had inflatable boats and that these will be able launch itself from a helicopter. I think that would be a good feature.

regards and sorry for my english.

I would like to see separate attachment proxies for laser points and flashlights on weapons, as well as the ability to "move" optics, such as an eotech magnifier being able to flip up and down via hidden selections or animated like the backup iron sights on current weapons.

Hello fighters !

I'm Hellender. I'm playing on the Bohemia Studio games since Operation Flashpoint. I only didn't played the VBS's series.

On Operation Flashpoint, my nickname was Teknos.

First of all ArmA 3 is really great. Your masterpiece I think.

From what I saw what's more expecting the community is :

- Good netcode

- Good anti hack

- Good optimization

- Good Solo / Coop campaign, like in Operation Flashpoint.

What is missing for me when I play the alpha (every night) is :

- Chat system colors :

You should make differents colors for the global and the proximity chat AND all the letters should be in that color maybe too < but that last point is maybe not important.

At this time when someone die, connect and speak in global or around you it's white. Bad...

- The ingame menu :

Still not really changed since Operation Flashpoint. Orders are better, it's faster, but what would be better is a round menu. Like on console games. Ok it's console games, but it's fast and easy like it should be. You can make multiple actions on each direction of the ring.

- Melee attack :

We should at least have one melee attack, like a knife or something.

- Right clic for binoculars :

When you use binoculars, it would be cool to be able to take them off your eyes with a clic, then clic again to see throught.

- "Climbing" action :

When you pass upon barrers, etc... the animation is too long. Make a jump with stamina, or something more fast. It's realist in a way, but it's not too. If i don't want to make this action, I've to wait until it's finished and it's just one of the problems.

- Driving not really fun :

The driving is better but it's still not really fun to play for cars. Tweak it a little.

- Killable animals.

I saw a snake opening a door. Amazing :D But I can't kill it.

I hope to see a lot MORE ANIMALS too. But i'm sure there will be.

- "Mortal online bush system"

In mortal online when you go in a bush, you see like if you were hidden inside. No leafs are blocking your sight in any direction. It's really nice to ambush.

That's the only things i noticed.

I would like to see an expansion of the waypoint system for infantry units when entering a building in the game. I know it would be very difficult, but I would to be able to place a waypoint squarely on a building and select which room they need to go and in the formation box I would like to be able to select "Room Clearing" and the AI fire team or squad would then execute cqb actions automatically when taking down a room. Like I said, it may be difficult to do or down right impossible, but it is nice to dream it.

(Copy pasted from my thread)

Ability to steady primary weapon on cover/fortification?

This is more of a suggestion for future features I guess.

Why can't you rest your weapon on cover to stable it?

Many of the watchtowers and pre-fab barracks have short cover on their roofs to protect infantry on them, but the cover only hampers snipers. In order to get the steady scope that snipers need, they need to go prone. But going prone is not an option because you can't see over the cover! Same goes for sniping out of windows

In order to aim over the wall one needs to be in a standing crouch position. But this position is hardly better than standing and makes long range sniping hard.

In a real life situation (assuming a sniper had to set up using a window or low cover) they would rest the rifle on the cover to steady it, using a bipod if they have one. If I was in an urban environment as a marksman I would much rather stand inside by a window leaning against the wall to steady my aim, as opposed to climbing on the roof and laying down.

All I'm asking for is a small decrease in scope sway when aiming over/through certain types cover (such as the walls of a prefab watchtower, or the window of a house).

Right now fortifications are kind of detrimental to the defenders. While they are protected from gunfire, attackers (who can be prone in the distance) are able to put much more accurate fire on the defenders when they peek out to shoot.

Which is why if I'm defending against anyone at a range farther than 200m I leave the cover made for me so I can lay down on the ordinary ground.

Would like to see a Last team standing gamemode, just team deathmatch with no respawns.

I like to see some 1st person visual effects (for example for reflecting lights) for people whom are wearing glasses - Just like BF3

The ability to change normal & specular (rvmat) via hiddenSelections along with the current ability to change the diffuse.

-Gameplay

RADIAL MENUS for selecting weapons/items. And a Radial Menu for Radio Communication.

Improve the Inventory. (Rework it completely.)

-Game engine

Downscaling, for god sake downscaling!

HD7770, cpu amd quad phenom 2.4

Make the game run well and not drop frames to an unplayable level when I have 20enemies on the map. I have "Just cause 2" a similar; large world, vehicle heavy, no loads of any kind game. And it runs great and Never drops frames to an umplayable level, no matter how many enemies and explosions are happening. Why cant Arma 3 do that?

Content

Rifles:

7,62 RK 62 and RK 95 TP

Machine guns:

7,62 KvKK 62

Because I know some finnish soldiers use ARMA 2's brother VBS2 to train with, we could use some finnish weapons in regular game too.

I'd like to see an option to disable visible shell casings instead of the new (since the last E3) forced and fictional "caseless ammo", where people like me have to depend on mods/addons just to get some simple shell ejections.

Hi there..

Im writing here to ask for the HK G3, the best rifle in ARMA2.

Please put it on the list.

thanks.