Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Not only would this be great for all the possible mods that use alot of civilan vehicles, would be great in every aspect.

I sooo badly want to be able to whip my rifle out the window and let off some rounds whilst cruising at comfortable speeds in my random vehicle.

Perhaps the "turn out/turn inn" function could be utilized in such a way that you would pop out the side window of any given vehicle(assuming it has a window) or from the back of an ATV and be able to fire your personal weapon freely.

Really want the damage models to be worked on!! Sick of shooting a vehicles tires out and seeing them quickly become black disks. Be nice to see some bullet hole affects on glass and windows, and at a push some 'realistic' dent models after crashing etc...all adds to the immersion.

Hey,

I would like, if BI add a CO-OP Mission editor...

This would be Awesome!

And, another question:

What a system do you use to run Arma 3 Alpha?

All things aside, a coop editor would be a nifty toy. Maybe this is an Idea worth spending a thought or two about?

Since I can't script for shi* and am far from experienced editor user, this sounds like great idea

Please do not mix things up in one thread. Stick to that "COOP Editor thing, for system questions there are already threads.

Out of curiosity since A3 already has a versatile Editor: how would a COOP Editor differ from the existing?

The OP means editing a single mission with another person or multiple people over the internet. Collaborative Editor would be a more appropriate title for this thread.

Would it be possible to have interior shadows for vehicles? The level of detail is amazing but visually something is missing, all of that third dimension seems a bit out of place because none of it casts any shadow.

This can be done via proxy with shadow lod's though, even if the main one is invisible, and it makes a HUGE difference..for example compare this http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/arma2oa2012-07-2719-44-35-54.png?t=1343437183 which is external air frame only, to this image http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/exemp2_zps33ac937e.jpg?t=1362604795 which has a shadow LOD in its proxy.

It does NOT take up performance from what I've tested and since it's proxy then only that particular LOD could see it, so it would in no way effect the exterior.

hello there

I am unsure if this has been posted, i did a forum search but did not find anything.

I find it very strange that a game such as this dosn't have the simple ability to jump.

Such a simple movement would add alot of dynamic and fluidity to the game, for example, being able to jump and prone dive behind cover, to simply jump over obstacles instead of the strange vault animation button.

Being able to control how you "jump" from the side of a helicopter as its landing, various such things like this. It would all add to the realism of this Military sim.

I would like to kindly request official Benchmark scenarios for the Alpha, focusing on the environment and another one with AI in mind.

Please change the clicking to go up or down a ladder,it's getting old.

Some ideas of my own, some which i support:

- Benchmark scenarios.

- Possibility to use arrow keys to control sliding menus.

- Localized clothing and gear customizing. (I believe this is under control though).

- Protective stance against artillery.

- More faces to make players look unique even in a bigger clan.

- Lots of DLC's :rolleyes:

- Spectacles! ;)

Honestly, I don't know if anyone else has practiced attacking a fortified beach front with boats, but it'd be REALLY handy to be able to, as a diver, immediately dive from the boat into the water. Like how divers actually fall backwards into the water off the side of the boat, it'd be much nicer to AVOID GETTING SHOT while disembarking from the boat under heavy fire - that few moments where you're stuck at the surface leads to some nasty accurate fire on your face. Also it'd be much smoother to transition from boat to underwater tactics when you're doing other things that require stealth or whatever. It could be a simple extra option like "dive" or something beneath "eject" and "get out"

i wish arma 3 would support multicore properly to make proper use of the cpus people already have.

Id like to see a CTI type game where the players have to dive at the start to make there way on land to clear an area for a FOB. From there then players can fly equipment and vehicles from a carrier to the newly created FOB. Obviously probably wont see this in the Alpha stage of the game but would make for a great team work game.

@Maionaze, how about F/A18 US NAVY current fighter aircraft which as stated will remain in service till 2030 i did not see than on the list in first post. Both E/F versions would be great together with BIS made USS Nimitz class carrier. I would pay for a DLC like this for sure.

The ability to climb over objects, such as fences, or medium height walls, and the ability to climb onto higher surfaces.

Don't know if someone has suggested this, but I would like to be able to fire my weapon when i'm in a vehicle. It would be great to give cover fire from a small assault boat as you approach the shore, sit in the back of a pickup truck and spread death around you, or fire from a passengerseat of a helicopter. This would be useful to those vehicles that dont have a mounted gun. Your accuracy, trying to fire from a moving vehicle, would of course suffer. But it would be better than to have no cover fire at all when inside a vehicle. You shouldnt be forced to leave the vehicle, just to be able to return the fire.

As said in other post. Please add the function of JUMPING!! Would like to jump to some low rocks or walls. Jump always makes everything more fluid. You can make the player tired if jump too much to not make that like a jumping canguroo scene.

Not only think about ARMA3 retail.. but posible mods with that JUMP function.

Thanks!

Weapons:

AK5

The ability to change the patches on your arm to your desired nation maybe?

Units/Armies:

Blufor:

Germany

UK

"Scandinavian union" (This is after all 2035, why not?(Nordic battle group???))

France

Poland

Opfor:

Russia

China

other "Red-ish" countries

Independent:

Guerillas

UN

Edited by Lonewolf96
wanted to add more stuff

One thing that stands out as far as my ideas for improvement go would be to fix the mobility on rocky terrain. Many people are getting stuck in rocks or on rocks/boulders that jut out of hills and etc.

This has been an issue in previous Arma series so it would quite pleasing tome in having that addressed!

Ok... well its so many ideas I just lost on page 54... :D anyway IF Devs really read this topic and they will use ideas from here this game will be the best of all Arma series and finally it will be full operational simulator of warfare, but straight to the point.

GAMEPLAY

• Advanced features of every single vehicle/aircraft/boat + their several versions for example:

a) AC-130H Spectre have several weaponry and each version was made for special purpose:

AC-130A prototype

4 × cannon GAU-2/A cal. 7,62 mm

4 × cannon M61 Vulcan cal. 20 mm

AC-130A Pave Pronto and AC-130E Pave Spectre

4 × cannon GAU-2/A cal. 7,62 mm

2 × cannon M61 Vulcan cal. 20 mm

2 × cannon Bofors L60 cal. 40 mm

AC-130H Spectre

2 × cannon M61 Vulcan cal. 20 mm

1 × cannon Bofors L60 cal. 40 mm

1 × cannon M102 cal. 105 mm

AC-130 Spooky

1 × cannon GAU-12 cal. 25 mm

1 × cannon Bofors L60 cal. 40 mm

1 × cannon M102 cal. 105 mm

+Flares, Infra Red optics, Jammering System

Since its a lot of weapon there should be also a lot of gunners with possibility of changing seats while in air

b)M1 Abrams with his mass versions M1, M1IP, M1A1, M1A1HA, M1A1HA+, M1A1HC, M1A1D, M1A1AIM v.1, M1A1AIM v.2/M1A1SA, M1A1FEP, M1A2 i M1A2SEP

Its sooo many versions of this tank that i will describe the newest one, the M1A2SEP.

M1A2SEP

1 x Smoothbore cannon M256 120 mm with ammunition: M827, M829, HE M-830, HE M-959

1 x MG M2HB 12,7 mm

2 x MG M240 7,62 mm

+Smoke Screen, Infra Red Optics, NV, Jammering Systems, Special Climbing Gear, Reactive Armor and it is prepared for Chemical Warfare.

• Armors and ricochets

a)Every vehicle have its own armor that was made specially to be able to deal with several Environment Warfare so it should works as it should be in real life

currently every vehicle its own HP that decreases faster or slower when firing to it by different weapon which is WRONG. Some vehicles have also reactive armor/plates

That take whole damage instead of damaging main armor (for example: M1A2SEP) making it as a separate module with own physics will look like this:

- You get hit by RPG/HE Missile your reactive plates/armor in the place where they was hit explodes to the peaces revealing main armor hit again in the same place and

THEN your vehicle will start to take damage.

b)Ricochets its something well known on Battlefield so placing your Tank/Vehicle on right angle to the shooting enemy will have chance to make ricochet, which ofc

can resoult in redirecting bullet somewhere else and hit anything else not suspecting to be hit.

• Mele Weapons

a) Yeah its something that wasnt in any version of Arma and it was a big disappointment since Knife is the last weapon of your soldier + its not only a weapon but

also a very cleaver tool in survival (confirmed by experience)

b) Mele as a Fists is also a big lack in Arma and its just stupid when you dont haveammo, still no knife and all what you can do is stand and watch how a guy walks

behind the wall and hunt you, where normally you could sneak to him, overpower him or with luck even kill him with your own hands and take the weapon.

• Animations

There are already some requests for new animations so treat it as an addon to all requests

a) mele + mele weapons

b) alternative jump the fence animation while you sprint (cos current animation is good for sneaking but not for running)

c) pistol in one hand and flashlight in other (tactically crosed)

d) dynamic changing weapon (while getting to the pistol your rifle lays down with belt on your chest or on your side)