Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I've just started playing arma 2 so I don't know everything that is out there. However I have watched hours of game play on Utube and didn't see the following:

Sabotage/traps

1. Rig a vehicle to explode after ignition.

2. rig a corpse to explode if searched/moved.

3. rig a door to explode after opening or turning the door.

4. rig a mechanism to explode after an object is picked up

5. pit traps

6. animal snares/ can be used on people

Trip wire.

1. Trip wire to sound alarm

2. trip wire to detonate something like a tripwire mine.

3. laser wire to activate a silent/loud alarm.

Wild animals react to players/npcs.

1. Birds get scared and fly away after hearing gunshots/noises near by. Can be viewed from distance.

Same for other animals.

mines. I hope there already not many of them on the field.

-whole assortment of mines.

weapon jams, weapon degradation/maintenance, weapon melee.

It would be very nice to be able to designate or mark enemy targets to your ai teammates, and then execute for a simultaneous take down. This would make for better strategizing. Just an ideal. Also, Claymores are a snipers best friend, would be nice to have them in game, rather than searching for mods.

Have a sandbox mode, with populated cities, so that it doesn't seem like we're waging wars in empty cities, not worth dying for. Points deducted from your score if you shoot civies. Vehicles should be tools of use, and you should not get points for destroying empty vehicles, because they are not friend or foe. I've gotten killed in Arma so many times for destroying empty vehicles on my own side, whereas my own men would execute me. I didn't want to leave a vehicle behind for the enemy to use, not that they would, but it's the thought that counts. Why get punished for strategic thinking?

Edited by harold5187
Thought of something else...

They should add some different weather conditions like dripping, rain, heavy rain.

Different animals would be nice.

Please give Ai variation in their animations.. I dont want to see 8 clones walking exactly the same with a diffferent gun. Also, arma 2 ai has this static feeling, with their back and hips always straight etc. Get rid of that!

and I was thinking about a 2nd, way more active and configurable ambient combat module. One that lets the sides make a big camp, FOB's, logistics, missions, active war, markers with borders, all configurable and awesome for instant war. With a HQ were you can go to to get a mission, (destroy random placed this, assault that camp, recon this, etc.)

So basicly everywhere around you theres the feeling of a warzone.

And developer, please dont think that "the community will make stuff like this" because yes they will but definitely not as good as when A dev. Makes it. a "sandbox" kind of gameplay like this with all the components in it I said Will get the attention of more gamers.

Edited by ltsThomas

I'm sorry for several posts that I made... so thanks to moderators I deleted my last post and I will try to collect all of my wishes in ONE post, down here:

==> When an explode is near the player, his ears should take effect. (for example: boooom... I can't hear anything!) [just like Battlefield 3]

==> I think there should be an option to sit on top of APCs and other vehicles and use them as transporter to navigate around.

==> When Periscope comes out of the water it should make tiny waves around it (I mean periscope and anything else)

==> When a soldier moves into trees the leaves should wave a little (tree or anything that has leaves) [i think it is also a good idea for the grasses]

==> The ability to shoot the lights.

==> Please add animations for going upstairs and downstairs in the buildings.

==> Please add Anti-Thermal Clothes/Outfits.

==> Falling/Jumping down from a distance needs animations (rather depend on distance)

==> When people/soldiers are resting (specially in camp MaxWell and villages) they shouldn't look at each other or wait for someone. they should some sort of talk to each other. (like the first mission in MW2) there should be some fake voices showing them talking.

==> Also work on faces (again my example is ModernWarfare series), soldiers face should get angry or focused when aiming down or some sort of sad when wounded and etc. [face animations should be available for AI/Soldiers/People]

==> And it's also cool to have: Dynamic adding as background to the each sent radio message all really audible at the moment on sender's position sounds, if loud enough, as would be in real (shots, vehicles, shouts, environmental...).

*** NEW STANCES ***

==> While in prone there should be three stances like crouch:

---Pop up and look over the grasses instead of switching to 3rd person (can't fire & move in this position)

---Normal prone

---New stealth stance: Keep head between two hands, keep body as close as possible to the ground and hide yourself (can't fire & move in this position)

[3rd stance is useful for snipers or for the situations when enemy is very close, even in campaign]

==> New stances in vehicles for having better view of outside:

---In choppers/planes players bend their back and look around instead of default stance for having better view of downside of the bird.

---In cars/underwater vehicles/tanks/etc. players sit straight and look around instead of default stance for having better view of ground and wheels.

*** FACE OPTIONS ***

==> I think when customizing personal character, there should be the following options for faces there:

---Normal face-make-up for male/female soldiers

---Military face-make-up for male/female soldiers

---Having face-masks (like GHOST in Call of Duty)

---Adding scratches to faces

---Choosing each part of the face-hairs separately

That's it for now!

*** EDIT ***

==> Add animations for looking at GPS/map, watch, compass. (I think it would be great to have equipments like MW3 on hands, that has all the things a player wants on hands so he can easily look at his arms and get the info/watch/GPS/compass. And also when looking at map-not GPS- the soldier/player should take a tablet in his hands. IT'S 20 YEARS LATER, THERE SHOULD BE MORE TECHNOLOGY!)

Edited by SepSol

Modular Vehicle Armaments:

In A2, when OA was released, there was only one up-armored HMMWV released with it, the m1151 .50 cal. I'd LOVE to see, as I'm sure many others would, the ability to select the weapon(and possibly optic) on the vehicle.

So like modular weapons, you get a HMMWV or MATV and you have the choice of which weapon that goes on it - M2, M240, M249, MK19, TOW, etc. And on top of that, the ability to choose an optic on top of them.

I would like a port of Chernarus. Best strategic/tactical map ever. Enhanced with new ARMA 3 engine (or maybe changes they will implement in DAYZ standalone?) would be great.

(No idea if following was already mentioned, can't read all forums here...)

For the rest: interface, interface and interface:

- More logically structured interface (I don't want to click through 5 levels or so, to find the proper feature), more graphical in nature, better MP browser, with abilities to easy add and update mods (like tools: armarize, withsix, Dayz commander)

Ability to add favorites to list. History list of servers visited.

More and extended server browser filters.

Server browser and mod update is sooooo important.

- Use and expand to larger parts of the screen/window for all menu's. Now often, only small parts of the screen are used. Xhile not everything is visible.

- Keybinding system: more structured, proper naming of functions, when typing functions - going to the function, all commands visible when different buttons attached, import/export in a case we end up in ARMA2/ARMAOA scenario, to have same key bindings in both. Easier VOIP system. Automated link to a TS server? Connect to proper side at once? Ability to talk a message to a person, rather than to a channel. (Like if you wanna say something to the commander, or one person in perticular).

- Also: keybindings to brightness, contrast and gamma adjustements!!! So that one can see the effects of those in real time, to one's preference, without having to go into the menu and back to the game to check.

- Map: Easier to differentiate things: Own position, position of troops, numbers of own troops not overlapping one another. Easy dubble click system to go to own position.

Group colored number (team red, green, etc...) on top of grouped units, on map (and in playworld, if available on server).

- Spot ability, realtime shared on map with other players.

- Second monitor support. To see (HD?) map next to playworld.

- Pathfinding for vehicles needs lot of improvement. Road following, or not command. These guys drive so wrong and lost, and get stuck at times. show pathfinding on map, after command given, so that player can check quality of the path units are about to follow.

Easy adjustement of the path chosen. Easy waypoint system, visible on map. Patrol function for units.

- "Fire/only fire back/hold fire" for units.

- Build in warfare MP scenario's (Benny's warfare).

- Ability to save MP settings when acting as server.

- When re-arming: clips for the weapon chosen, clearly visible (same color, or so) to not having to learn all weapon and ammo types by heart. Most handy, when checking gear of dead soldiers.

- In chat, when someone uses your name, give that line a separate color, to easier spot in the chat, that someone sends you a message. Sometimes one can't follow all chat, all the time. Even separate chat window on other side of screen, when directed to you.

Ability to open larger window chat, in case scrolling of chat goes way too fast.

- Detailed joystick adjustements? Nothing more boring than not being able to fly properly. And now these settings aren't easy to find.

- Easier, and alternative, next to the existing command system, a graphic system, like a command rose? (Like: Click, open the rose. See all possibilities, in two concentric cirkels. Click on the proper command. - If necessary click on second command. Rose closes all by itself.) This to avoid to go through lists of command.

Well, I did my best to add suggestions that I think would improve the game for us as players. Mainly in make options, features and commands more flexible, logical and user friendly. (Ergonomically).

One doesn't have to agree. Offered for consideration.

I dunno if it has already been covered but, it would be good to have the commander position in the tanks to be able to fire independently of the main turrent especially in the "Turned Out" position so both commander and gunner can engage targets independently. Meaning give the option to "Man rooftop gun" whilst the gunner is buttoned.

==> Please add better and more crowded pants (like US armey) for Iranian team/OpFor

*** EDIT ***

==> Please add DOUBLE and TRIBLE kill to the game (at least for the sniper rifles)

==> When the player is playing for a long time, his soldier's clothes and weapons or his vehicle should take dirt.

==> Grenades and Smokes should include PhysicX (they should roll on the ground)

==> Cars and every vehicle should take damage (instead of dirt) too, at least some damage like GTA series.

==> It's somehow unrealistic when you're in a plane or helicopter and flying but the soldiers in the cockpit don't get influenced by the aircraft movements, I mean they should lean left/right, bend their back, etc. and also when in land vehicles it's so unrealistic too, they should lean left/right on every direction changing or bend their back when taking break.

==> Customizing things like short sleeves, middle sleeves, full sleeves for the soldier.

Edited by SepSol

With combat divers and mini-subs, how about some floating objects for some off-shore wetwork?

I imagine it could be challenging for the AI to stay on board or fire both inside or over the railing, but it would be nice to have a floating static "building" with at least outside walkways, a "bridge" room and a "below deck" area, either a yacht for drug/hi-jack/piracy and a small cargo ship for smugling/hi-jacking ect. missions and a few ways for divers to climb up to the deck.

2rc0mea.jpg

AMD's TressFX hair rendering would make some boss special forces beards lol

:p hehe all with the fine details , or the takistan locals

all i want is a more proper heavy vehicle fights, immersions , things like armour, compartments etc

Edited by el0375
first part a bit OT sorry

My friend saw some ingame screenshots of the vehicles and he said something that bugged my mind.

He said that the vehicles looked like they were really new, no dents no dirt or dust. Especially the Helicopters.

"we" thought it would be a good idea, if the vehicles would atleast have some dirt/dust on them from the spawn. Would make them look less like "model airplanes"

Allow me to use all my 4 CPU cores of my dedicated server.

Using ArmA2OA as a baseline, if I assign all 4 cores, 1 core is utilized at 100% choking on something (my guess: the AI) and the rest is just 'meh'.

Although the introduction of the HC make a huge difference (night and day), but somewhere it still seems to be a band-aid for a problem called the server architecture.

So my wish is: allow me to raise hell for my server CPUs.

I simply wish ArmaIII vanilla would at least offer what you get playing ArmaII with ACE, JSRS, Blastcore, ASR_AI and TPWC_AI, so the community could actually stop focusing on the very same issues every new episode.

I've been bitching about physics and animations since the good old days of OFP, but it seems they addressed both these issues with custom weapon animations and PhysX. I can't wait to play with all that fancy stuff... :D

Edited by dunedain

Possibility to actual use the 2-legged thing under the weapon (Don't know the english word for it) :)

aias50.jpg

Thanks for correcting me; The name is "Bipod" :)

Edited by Llano

^ That would be called a bipod. I'm also hoping for a bipod/weapon resting on wall system like done in ACE 2.

I've searched the forums and not found mention of these Boston Dynamics robot dogs yet, so can we please have these in future ArmaIII. They are, after all, war machines of the near future;

When somebody get shot in their body armor, it would be pretty cool if sometimes, the person would fall over, and have to get back up. :p

Edited by Nexerius

I'm sure this has been covered and resolved in Arma III, but the ability to shoot through/ shoot out glass windows without rounds going all over the place.