Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

yeah, some sort of tablet / mini-laptop for scouts / recon units / snipers that functions as a radio, advanced map, synchronised with aircrafts for CAS, etc

Oh what I wish to see in ArmA 3? Easier map making :|

Let's take CryEngine 3 for example, I worked on it ((its free...)) with a game studio I was in ((international)) making a map... Is less annoying because you can do it in two ways, UV Map or simply all by system/hand.

NEWER iDeas!!!

-Grnades and Smokes should roll on the ground

-smokes should damage the player eyes

-When wanna command MoveThere, it shouldn't be like that that you can only command via your gun, you should be able to command even when moving your head to a place that you want your squad to move! (I said MoveThere for example, but there are lots of commands like that)

Another important thing that came into my mind is when a tank tread is being damaged it should slip off the rest of the traction/transmission system.

There should be better blood efects - when soldier is shot, some bullets will penetrate his body and that would left blood on the walls etc.

SepSol is right - Physx on objects like grenades and smokes for example - it would be much more realistic.

More random animations of walking and running for AI so they won't look like "clones"

Facial expressions like in old OFP but more advanced.

-Dirt: players, vehicles etc should look clean at first but when they come to game, they should get more dirty

-Facial Hair: Let the players choose the face and then pick their own custom facial hair *choose each part of facial hair instantly*

-Fragmachine is right, there should be more and more random walking specially for Civilians.

-the orders should be given via head, not via where the gun is aiming/targeting. the players should be able to order their team to move left while their aiming forward.

-PC players should use different stances, walking speeds, and customized weapons to give the game more feeling. and they should take more cover and move around less.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

-Slower Underwater movement (specially in first-person)

-animations for turning quickly to sides, stopping quickly after running, running quickly from stop, falling from a distance*measure the height* etc.

-sound effects for hurting, damage and accidents.

-more realistic damage on soldiers, civilians, cars, helicopters, planes etc.

-and work on Full-Moon-Nights & Day-Underwater colors, there should be darker colors instead of fresh and happy colors. Totally work on colors to make them more realistic instead of happy-fresh colors.

The Chernarus Plus map from DayZ Standalone. Many of us loves the Chernarus, its fresh nature, dense forests, hilly landscape and overall plausible look and diverse appearance and you've made it even better now! Don't let the best map in gaming history to fall to oblivion... :)

a multiplayer training map/mission with places for people to practice shooting, driving, etc. and a killhouse for CQB training, will be good for clans and for groups of newbies to practice the game together

Having an river on Altis with source of it knocking off some mountains on island - would be great. Dynamic water flowing through island - but i guess it would take alot of computer resources.

To make underwater envorinment more complex i would add more coral reefs, differentiate underwater envoirnment with more and less depressions, not only fishes but also rays, shells, molluscs etc. also on some distance of the island much deeper i would add maybe even some active underwater volcanoes - would be great to reach them with submarine. Also there could be some remains of XVII-XVIII century ship wrecks etc. On the open sea even an oil platform could make an interesting mission.

BDSM - Big Drivable Ships (in) Move :) Container, carriers, crusiers and destroyers - all of them should be possible to make them playable - that would add another spectrum of warfare in ArmA III - Naval assaults etc - just imagine :)

hi,

watch this out:

https://remoteflight.net/

this combined with arma 3, incl. more features for setting up tanks, heli, planes, weapons, backpacks,

a must have feature!

cheers

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

another wish:

full force feedback support!!!!

Hello, this is Draconius, from Italy.

I would like to say what I wuold really appreciate in ArmA 3. I'm not very good with scripts and programming systems, all ArmA's editors are good to create small missions, but I have a dream: I wish to create an HUGE campagin, with me and a friend of mine as leaders of a PMC (private military company), but to do this, I have to be really familiar with ArmA's code. If you have played the first Empire Earth (a real time strategy game on global scale), maybe you remember that there was a good editor, really easy to use and to understand. I would love to have an editor like that in this ArmA and create this campagin. Maybe even lesser easy than the one in EE, but with a good manual (a pdf file would be great, like Murray's guide if you know what I'm talking about) with examples. Or easy tools to create scripts and so on.

You see, ArmA is a BEAUTIFULL simulator, since OFP 1, I'm playng all the ArmA but as always, I block myself to the editor since I'm uncapable to use it as I wish. I found a lot of materials into the web to create missions and campaings, but if Bohemia will give us a complete editor, easy to use and to understand, with a complete and easy manual, they will make me (and a lot of people like me ;) ) really happy.

I know that I'm asking a lot, but it's worth a try. I'm hoping to have an editor like that since OFP.

If you can give us, we will all enjoy this.

Thank you for your time.

Draconius

Here's hoping Arma III has a better multiplayer functionality for "casual" players. Right now the only meaningful way enjoy Arma multiplayer is through private clans and squads.

Please, add @SMK mod features (more variable running/walking speeds, "sniper sit stance" etc...). Ty.

I'd like to see the following:

Wind affecting bullet trajectory, smoke, etc

Animations for entering/exiting vehicles and changing seats

Improved scopes (instead of black around scope crosshair, show the scope and some of the surroundings)

Improved and more vaulting/ climbing animations

Firing from inside vehicles

Enhanced vehicle damage (more like GTA4, for example, with dents and damage to individual parts of the vehicles)

Embraer 314 Super Tucano attack/trainer aircraft

Embraer KC 390 transport aircraft

Simpler, "cleaner" HUD (without the many layers of possible commands that appear in green on the right side of the screen)

Improved driving; gears for vehicles

Animated vehicle and object entry/exit with animated doors, hatchets etc for vehicles. simulator please be immersive?

I think when doing "Prone Sprint" the character should run on his four hand and foot.

1. Birds go away, when person run or do some noise (no when he go slow))

2. Friendly AI say azimuth target

For example:

no "enemy-right-close"

yes "enemy-250-close"

3. When i look out, sight mast be vertically, not at an angle!!!

4. And my dream (late for this, but...)... stable multiplaer game 200-300 persons. On hardcore server "tushino" can play 180 persones maximum, but nambers of players in project... over 9000) 600-700 in fact!

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Kirill

Auto Speech also for:

reloading

killed enemy

spotted enemy

wound

etc

(I think during the game, computer/AI should report automatically in some situations without disturbing the player. I call it "Auto Speech")

Improved eventhandlers that are actual classes.

For example:

what it is:
class EventHandlers
{
  init = "this call PRAA_doStuff";
  fired = "this call PRAA_doOtherStuff";
};

what it needs to be:
class EventHandlers
{
  class init
  {
     praa = "this call PRAA_doStuff";
  };
  class fired
  {
     praa = "this call PRAA_doOtherStuff";
  };
};

1-lights are blocked by objects

2-make better weather "effect", fog-make more realistic

3-deal with "smoke" blocking view to target when launching missile from gunner seat in 1st view, like in arma2 bmp2, konkurs missile...

4-use of "3d markers" in missions and campaign to be more accessible and better to navigate throughout warfare