Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Most of the weapons and vehicles I have seen in previews seem to be very "futuristic"... I just hope there are going to be many of the currently used weapons and vehicles as well, like M4s, AK-series rifles and T-72s, because those are the types of weapons systems I am most interested in.

An option to fade\hide the GUIs at the main menu to appreciate the intros, like a demo mode in racing games.

You have a beatiful game, use that.

Sorry if it was already suggested, but I would personaly like to see something like "combat reload".

Let's say you still have 15 rounds left in your magazine. Imagine the following:

Press R once and your character does a normal reload by replacing the half-empty magazin with a new one. The half-empty magazin gets added back to your inventory.

Press R twice and your character does a "combat reload" by discaring the half-empty magazin and putting a new one in your weapon.

The advandage of "combat reload" would be that you can reload faster. However, you would lose the previous magazin.

IF underground structures get added to this game I'd like to see a shovel to dig with so you can dig in and make a covered OP.

Please give stinger,javelin,strela,igla (yes bad example of 2030 weaponry) and any other weapon of the sort, unique class names for their ammunition. Brilliant functions like

[player,"Stinger", False] call BIS_fnc_invAdd

become useless, when you're in a scenario where you have to calculate available inventory slots before adding the ammo. The function becomes useless for adding ammunition for said launchers, as it simply just adds the weapon, because the weapon and ammunition are named the same. Among other reasons. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it would be beneficial to avoid same names for the weapon and ammo.

Also, regarding the actual function itself, you can't add mines or satchels to your inventory with it. If you attempt to, you get an error message. Please fix this for A3.

[h=2]Warning Message: Error: creating weapon PipeBomb with scope=private [/h]

Please BIS, could you integrate a small tool like Clayman's Anims Viewer ?

I don't know if Clayman is still around, I don't know if his tool will be ported over but it's just a must have for anyone whos into pics/vids making.

A fully adjustable field of view instead of the current 3 step FOV (zoomed out - normal - zoomed in)

Probably completely useless for the infantry but once in a vehicle it is a lot more convenient to be able to "lock" your fov at a desired angle.

Basicly what's available in flight sims (DCS, FSX, etc)

- Ability to determine the autobalancing ratio between teams (your side would be automatically selected by server, based on the ratio when you join the server lobby) or ability to remove certain sides from server autobalancing system (e.g. roleplay servers would benefit from this a lot, when players wouldn't be automatically thrown to the wrong, cop side).

- More advanced algebral scripting commands

- Invasive functions (e.g. ability to take a screenshot from game of client) as BE admin to make it more difficult to use read-only cheats, human as interpreter would be very efficient in certain situations due to the ability to take the context into account as you know for sure

-vehicle going more than 30km/h on grass

ATM, the humvee is going at 80/90km/h on the road, but hardly at 40km/h off the road...

Damage for suspension, gearbox, steering etc so vehicles will receive damage by driving too fast and/or too careless through terrain. Make players and AI think more about using roads before going cross-country with no or very little impact on their vehicles.

I would like to see point and shoot cameras introduced in ARMA 3, for reconnaissance missions.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

British SAS/SBS.

A module you can place on the map that makes parts of the map(the equipment "MAP"), marked by triggers, invisible until friendly units lay eyes on it. This way recon would make more sense.

edit:

& put some of the developer-made-bases as templates in the editor.

Edited by ltsThomas

Most of what i would like to see has been posted by other community members, but would like to point some of most important features i would like to see myself:

Better AI

-covering various tactics, even if seen in OFP: CWC, Resistance like flank, sending scouts - but more various and advanced.

-possibility to AI for using buildings as a defensive structures, positions to strike and take hold in, better "understanding" of building envoirnment, enhanced behaviour in buildings.

Better soundsystem and radio system

-Sound system depending on the distance, environment, structures, trees etc. Example when firing in buildings sound would be much more distorted , reverbered and a little echoed

-Weapon sounds, battlezone sounds like screaming commandmends, unit status, enemy position (BF3 like but tuned down), syncing radio messages with enviromental sounds ie shots, explosions + being able if close enought to a soldier/AI to hear real voice along with radio message. Possibility to tweak your radio to hear broadcasting radio station or enemy radio messages spoken in Persian language.

-Explosion sounds be more rawy and less hollywoodish, they need to have more deep so someone with subwoofer would make his neighbours sh*t in their pants :)

-Vehicle sound should be on it's place :)

No Warfare mode in ArmA III or improved one:

-intelligent High Command for AI taking use of all its resources in wise ways

*various classes of units knowing their roles like AA teams, AT teams, SpecOp teams, regular troops, tank platoons, helicopter and aircrafts used as a transport/support units, artillery

*each of teams/groups/platoons subordinate to HQ which bases its data on UAV's, scouts and SpecOps. HQ gives certain group certain task like take over a village, ambush that convoy, capture officers, generals etc etc.

*HQ defending vital points as airfields, ports, roads as priority then villages, cities

-intelligent AI

-playing in warfare mode as a soldier has been an frustrating expierence. Putting mines on a road between my base and enemy captured cities caused my supply trucks to raid on mines i placed for enemy tanks. Solution is to:

*get rid of supply trucks, warfare buildings (only defensive-structures and bunkers left) and "cash" - instead of it, capturing an airport/airfield, ports would give you support like armored vehicles, troops etc. Also - this would make this game mode more attractive and addictive, realistic. You and AI would start to have vital points, keys to survavibility and priorites for places to defend/rush on.

*also making this along with HQ subordinate would stop all AI teams from engaging towns/capturing them move to another town while previous was recaptured, coming back ther to recapture it and again and again and again...

Advanced Wounds System

-Where you shot - is where is a wound

-When you shoot enemy legs with machinegun it will left him wounded but not died instantly.

-Bandages for units that would be visible in-game

-No gore in vanilla but make it possible to add it in modification. Also when soldiers hitted by artillery round there should be only some red mist left (or they bodies should not be "almost clean with few drops of blood in it" - rather dirty, charred)

-Better blood effects, ex. when fighting in the buidlings or near wall you shoot a soldier and in some cases it may left some blood on the wall, especially when he falls on it (ragdoll)

Enviromental interaction, destruction and eye-candy efects

-APEX support in vanilla/DLC or patch so modders could use it in future.

-Explosion in bushes and trees would left alot of leaves flying all around and model of partially destroyed bushes, fragmented branches

-Craters left by artillery rounds

- let the leaves and the "bamboo thing" bend!

Realistic weather

-if its sunny and hot day there should be an heat haze on the ground

-if it's stormy then wind should be much more heavier, with trees/leaves reacting to it

-improved rain and puddles

Adv. Armor Systems

-No more hitboxes, realistic armor penetration depending on type of armor, weaponry used, distance and angle

-22mm roundholes in jeeps etc would be nice to see

-If armor is penetrated an crew member can die, or the amunition can be hit, whole interior can stand in the fire causing explosion

Realistic areodynamics for airplanes

Caves, we want caves :) Also some underground structures would be nice for MP even if AI can't make a use of them properly.

Thats just few a got in my mind.

I'd like to see the standalone DayZ's version of Chernarus in Arma III, perhaps as some sort of DLC. It's the same engine right?

Being able to set horizontal and/or vertical amount of the aiming deadzone.

I always loved aiming deadzone though I don't like aiming vertically with it.

It makes it feel clunky when I do.

switching weapons while moving. and, you should be able to enter every door clean without being blocked.

Sorry for the long list, but the game needs it.

This is it for now, I will add more through this post or another post!

The (+) marks means that I pay more attention to those details.

+The ability of changing speed via mouse wheel (include cars, soldiers, bikes, etc...)

+better drive on bikes

+better walk when no gun or having pistol (even better than right now)

-better shotgun firing (include muzzle flash and feeling of shotguns)

+add knifing/melee option. knifing like the Battlefield 3 and melee like call of duty.

+underwater: the lighting should be a little darker, depth of field should be less

-add things like DayZ game. for example add changing outfit every single part of outfit and more.

+add tattoo options for players to have them on their soldiers, and add tattoos on world, vehicles, and let people add more on guns.

-add drag bodies option

+improve stealth gameplay, pc players shouldn't detect player when he's on they're backside.

+improve wild dogs animation, sound and graphics and add them to missions and let players have them (just like call of duty dogs)

+improve speech and conversation between people

-just improve the animals even a little bit

+make the head turning Smooth in the game (for normal players and pc players)

+add rope to helicopters so they can drop down soldiers with it (like call of duty series)

+when a vehicle wrecks add: burning people sound/effect

-a vehicle should carry damage and bullets before getting wreck

+improve skin textures for animal and people, specially their face

-give the game nice feelings by editing the player gaming camera on different situation (1st person+3rd person)

+more options on making profile and character

+when using supports such as UAV, give the character a tablet to hold and control supports with it

-juggernaut outfit

+++the ability to change clothes and select/customize them (while creating character/or in base/ or in briefing/or when spawning), I mean the under armor clothes. for example: the ability to have sniper outfit on any soldier or don't have sniper outfit on snipers OR the ability to wear T-Shirts (with tattoos that player before selected on his arm) under the armor.

+graphics and new textures for wet clothes

-better spawning in multiplayer (don't spawn wrecks and dead people!)

-at least have 5 weapons/vehicles in each category/section (1 sniper rifle is not enough!)

-default diving stance needs improvements

-better close fighting: melee// switch to side arm faster

+nights in jungles and trees should have scary effects like: sounds of dogs and bears.

-ability to edit smallest details right from mission editor

+hide better on ground: do not be visible from distance or on low graphics

-if possible, ability to climb trees and snipe from there

-have machine guns and statics in some places of map (such as public places)

+more stances while on prone: default // hide: put head between two hands and get the body more near to the ground so the body is almost not visible on the ground // die: act like a dead guy when wounded

+improve the indoors fighting

+objects in the battle, from the smallest to the biggest, objects should take damage and be thrown by bullets

-give the civilians part in warfare

+civilians can do many things while walking in towns, such as sitting on bench and reading OR working with their phones.

+Please add focus when aiming down

This part (the animations) is too important for me and I hope to see the improvements:

-add animations for things like:

-Mount/Dismount vehicles

-open/close doors

-Toggle night vision

-resting (I know there's already resting, but MORE resting!)

-landing from opened parachute on the surface

-jumping from helicopter/plane in the sky

-opening parachute

-make animations for face of soldiers and players such as getting angry, aiming, and etc...

-when enemy fires around players and soldiers (make them move and look around)

-smoked people (by flashbang, and etc...): add animations and camera effects for them. and to avoid smoke add unti-smoke mask for players

-enter and exit animation for statics

-animations when looking at compass, map, and clock. It will make the multiplayer more realism.

-spanning animation for guns (specially for sniper rifles and shotguns)

...and also improve animation for things like:

-reloading (I know reloading is improved but in different stances it's a little bit awful)

-pc players, they should move and play smoother

-turning head

-healing soldiers

-changing outfit

-getting wounded

-falling from a height

Edited by SepSol
newer ideas!

Dunno if it was mentioned before, but I would appreciate, and many more snipers like me, to disable weapon on hit. for exampe: when I hit weapon it won't be able to shoot any more. becouse in A2, guns(rifles, smg's, etc.) serve as shields and when you got hit by sniper which you hit before but in his gun. it's quite demotivating

Ability to lock doors

Ability to kick weaker doors open

Ability to lose grip of a weapon if it is shot at

And most importantly, I think there should be a mechanism by which we are able to stand on a moving object without having the object move without the player. Meaning the ability to stand on moving trucks without falling, or stand at the entrance of a moving truck while being able to manually shoot things behind it. The same applies to helicopters and ships.

sorry but newer ideas!

-I always though of something like AutoSpeech, for example when you kill an enemy instead of going to menus and select the ScratchOne, It's not bad that the computer says it by himself and etc. actually it's not bad that the computer will report important stuff by players'.

-MoveEyes: when two players are sitting in a vehicle, for example a helicopter and they try to look at together, it's almost awful because they're heads is in right place but they're eyes is not moving; so I though it would be great if you work on eyes to just look at important stuff in each scene.

-Don't let the players to remove the grasses completely, maybe someone is hidden in the grasses. please work on visibility of people whom is hidden by grasses!

-Work on faces, even animals' faces. when somebody is aiming, his face should show that he's aiming. and when firing, it should shows that he's angry and etc.

-Breach doors and open/close doors and also sounds for doors.

-Deeper, darker, and less depth of field for UNDERWATER world would be great!

Edited by SepSol

Sorry for the long list, but the game needs it.

This is it for now, I will add more through this post or another post!

The (+) marks means that I pay more attention to those details.

+The ability of changing speed via mouse wheel (include cars, soldiers, bikes, etc...)

+better drive on bikes

+better walk when no gun or having pistol (even better than right now)

-better shotgun firing (include muzzle flash and feeling of shotguns)

+add knifing/melee option. knifing like the Battlefield 3 and melee like call of duty.

+underwater: the lighting should be a little darker, depth of field should be less

-add things like DayZ game. for example add changing outfit every single part of outfit and more.

+add tattoo options for players to have them on their soldiers, and add tattoos on world, vehicles, and let people add more on guns.

-add drag bodies option

+improve stealth gameplay, pc players shouldn't detect player when he's on they're backside.

+improve wild dogs animation, sound and graphics and add them to missions and let players have them (just like call of duty dogs)

+improve speech and conversation between people

-just improve the animals even a little bit

+make the head turning Smooth in the game (for normal players and pc players)

+add rope to helicopters so they can drop down soldiers with it (like call of duty series)

+when a vehicle wrecks add: burning people sound/effect

-a vehicle should carry damage and bullets before getting wreck

+improve skin textures for animal and people, specially their face

-give the game nice feelings by editing the player gaming camera on different situation (1st person+3rd person)

+more options on making profile and character

+when using supports such as UAV, give the character a tablet to hold and control supports with it

-juggernaut outfit

+++the ability to change clothes and select/customize them (while creating character/or in base/ or in briefing/or when spawning), I mean the under armor clothes. for example: the ability to have sniper outfit on any soldier or don't have sniper outfit on snipers OR the ability to wear T-Shirts (with tattoos that player before selected on his arm) under the armor.

+graphics and new textures for wet clothes

-better spawning in multiplayer (don't spawn wrecks and dead people!)

-at least have 5 weapons/vehicles in each category/section (1 sniper rifle is not enough!)

-default diving stance needs improvements

-better close fighting: melee// switch to side arm faster

+nights in jungles and trees should have scary effects like: sounds of dogs and bears.

-ability to edit smallest details right from mission editor

+hide better on ground: do not be visible from distance or on low graphics

-if possible, ability to climb trees and snipe from there

-have machine guns and statics in some places of map (such as public places)

+more stances while on prone: default // hide: put head between two hands and get the body more near to the ground so the body is almost not visible on the ground // die: act like a dead guy when wounded

+improve the indoors fighting

+objects in the battle, from the smallest to the biggest, objects should take damage and be thrown by bullets

-give the civilians part in warfare

+civilians can do many things while walking in towns, such as sitting on bench and reading OR working with their phones.

+Please add focus when aiming down

This part (the animations) is too important for me and I hope to see the improvements:

-add animations for things like:

-Mount/Dismount vehicles

-open/close doors

-Toggle night vision

-resting (I know there's already resting, but MORE resting!)

-landing from opened parachute on the surface

-jumping from helicopter/plane in the sky

-opening parachute

-make animations for face of soldiers and players such as getting angry, aiming, and etc...

-when enemy fires around players and soldiers (make them move and look around)

-smoked people (by flashbang, and etc...): add animations and camera effects for them. and to avoid smoke add unti-smoke mask for players

-enter and exit animation for statics

-animations when looking at compass, map, and clock. It will make the multiplayer more realism.

-spanning animation for guns (specially for sniper rifles and shotguns)

...and also improve animation for things like:

-reloading (I know reloading is improved but in different stances it's a little bit awful)

-pc players, they should move and play smoother

-turning head

-healing soldiers

-changing outfit

-getting wounded

-falling from a height

We want to: -Be able to aim the Flashlight via Control+Shift+Mouse at the same time keep the heading with Caps-Lock and control speed with mouse wheel.

-Jettison the Back Pack with a button press. So that we can carry a lot of weight on non-timed missions.

Be able to find it again using a Beeper locating device would be much welcomed too.

- We want to be able to change the Camo Suit color on the spot to remain hidden.

- Add a Hoist to the Little Bird as well-And New Strobe Light .

-Auto-Update the same as Steam for Vanilla Game.

-Auto-Check on all files to make sure they are there -and an AUTOMATIC UPDATE FROM SEVERAL POSSIBLE SITES LIKE ´SIX UPDATE´,´ARMA 3.COM´and the like .Maybee some kind of Flight simulator file-checking to see if "One or more files are creating incompability issues with FS-Would you like to disable these features?"-message.

Then be able to run the mods anyway.

-Have light bars,Light strobes Lights of different colors as separate units (Racks) ,(like Bowman Radio System Racks)"use these Lights/Strobes/LightBar" menus.

-Make tanks have Ejector Ports for spent casings.

-Make us be able to shoot out IR-Camera on tanks,rendering them useless -M-107 Sniper rifle.

-Make us be able to use Flight simulator instruments directly from Flightsimulator.I`ve seen people that have made /Ported mods by using FS planes they made to work in Arma 2.

- Make "Run-Flat Tires".

- Make us be able to bump into and destroy and pass Border Check-Point. Cut holes in Fences. Change engines in cars.Automated Pick-up service that moves broken down cars to a repair point.

-Automated Defenses with Few Infantry-more Robots that can be shot down/disabled.

- More than One High Commander - I want to be able to just draw on a map 1,2,3 and main direction on how to get there and see it issue it`s own orders.

-To be able to break my orders down in steps in Text (.txt) format. Make it use" Unit 1-Go 10 km West --Attack< North Building><,South Side>.

-Lots and Lots of examples of how to code Basic Actions .Automatically being able to just insert "- Add Area West-Insert Trigger "Add_Action_"All_doors_Open_ when_Soldier_"West_Side"_comes_within__10 meters_of buildings_Inside_Trigger_Area_"4".

That is all for now.

But before I go;Why not use the Search by Google Voice Search from a standard Cell Phone to make it able to use Voice Input for some actions?

Edited by John1000

tablets get more and more important in digital life.

so why do not integrate/combine tablets in games?

we can have additional information/settings running parallel to the

monitorscreen, such as the map. or pilot stuff like settings for rockets, gunners etc.

i think there a infinite eventualities for using a tablet with games.

we can have a faster, straighter setup and gameplay and of course the

coolness of gaming with it isn't called yet.

amen brothers