Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

An Arma 3 expansion pack, yes I know the game isn't even out but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.

It would be a naval/amphib ops expansion pack since physx should open up the possibility to walk on moving ships and what not.

It would contain:

-A Huge map consisting largely of water, but with an archepeligo on there. Hopefully something roughly 60x60km or 120 x 120km but with sufficient cell size so that the AI are not adversly affected when they are fighting on dry land.

-A campaign that would revolve around an amphib op to retake those

-Some smaller scenario's revolving around smaller naval ops

-Inclusion of ships for BOTH sides, with both sides having some sort of proper amphib capacity. Ships could go from sub's to corvettes, PT boats, Cruisers, Amphib carriers and maybe even a full sized carrier(maybe Iran get's a carrier from the Chinese thats like a Russian one?) with aircraft to equip them (F35, Merlin, etc etc)

-Proper marine corps equipment to support this including amphib vehicles and landing craft of various sizes

-MAYBE if time or resources permits, add a Russian battlegroup and marine corp equipment as sort of an independant side.

I wish...

There would be natively included function in mission editor, to set "n" number of fighting sides and "m" civilian sides, with each side definable hostile/friendly status to each other.

Edited by zapa1928
interpunction

If no one has said before. I would like the ranking system to reflected the nations and units. And due to the game structure. To only go up Rear Admiral/Major General for Officers. In other words, two star officers. Highs enlisted personal. Stopping at the highes rank before Service Rank i.e. Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps/Army. Do not need those ranks. Visible rank symbles on body like in VBS 2.0.

After playing FC3,i really enjoyed the fact that you can burn forests using the flamethrower ... maybe BIS can include it in arma 3, it would be awesome !

Winter terrain and winter-themed gear. A nice one would be Shahikot Valley-like terrain mountains (or perhaps this can come in a DLC someday)

Bullet impact feedback depends on Caliber

Please give the rounds some knock down power I want to see a 50 cal knock people on their ass and rock the crap out of a vehicle.

Some sort of realistic fire [as in flames and firemen] and being able to go inside an underwater submarine without water flooding everywhere.

might be suggested a ton, make wasteland/similar mission for arma 3. Maybe later as an free dlc/patch content. This mission is very popular now, even brought arma 2 back to top in steam sale. Quite enjoyable teamwork or lone wolf (can choose at ur own taste), don't think you guys should ignore that mission.

cooperative mission editor - basically, so another person can connect and the both of you work on the mission editing. could be interesting.

A.C.R.E (Advanced Combat Radio Environment)

read here for a full description of what I'm talking about.

Much more depth as far as radio settings are concerned

Each radio keeps it's current settings after it is dropped. Meaning that you could kill and enemy and then pick up their radio to listen in on hostile troop movements.

Vehicles can broadcast over external speakers

Radios are also audible to those in close proximity (just like in real life)

Radios can get interference from hills and the land scape they also have a set range depending on their frequency (different radios for different tasks)

- fix the grass/obscurement rendering issues. currently grass and other visual obscurements do not render at distance (over 100m i believe). they must render ad infinitum somehow.

- compress vehicle enginenoise to normalize it to the rest of the gamevolume. human ears do this automatically IRL. help us out a bit.

Edited by mistermdg

add something to unit creating in the editor called "respawn", you can put it on / off and when respawn is on you should be able to put the name of the marker there were you want the unit to respawn.

Modular Gear/ Inventory with corresponding slots - the ability to use Molle type vests with interchangeable pouches - thigh pouches etc

- OFP CWC GUI Like. Something with class and clean but simple aswell.

Something small and probs requested plenty of times. But if I load a 20 round mag into a gun, it changes to a 20 round mag model. And so on with drum mags.

The easiest example being a M249 loaded with 30 rnd stanag still has a 200 round drum mag. So maybe some small script to fix that ;)

-Please add a built in MP3 Player to certain vehicles. I would like hear music as Im driving and my bros in arms shoot out the windows.

and add a bullhorn too so we can talk smak across the battlefield. Choppers have Bullhorns/megaphone/loud speaker in real life

DINOSAUR MODE

Edited by Carzilla

Every optics (like Aimpoint/Holo etc) causes more trouble then help because it doesn't simulate the effect of having both eyes open during battle like Real life (*and VBS).

I really like this to be implemented.

(*reference 01:50)

Edited by GiorgyGR

- do more work on the ground base textures i,e. the actual earth that the vegetation grows out of. it seems the textures are low resolution or something

It's 2013. i want to see Real reload, weapon switch and gear taking animations. Take a mag from your pouch, your 226 from your holster etc. No object teleporting.

Add Rotary Wing:

A/MH-6

British Linx Armed and Assault platform

CSAR version of the EH-101 with 3 gun Hard points (M134) one on ramp.

H60's with Cargo doors open All the way.

With all AH air craft a customization weapons Load-out.

All Rotary-wing ACT with wheels, the ablitiy to roll taxi.

System messages shown in a console instead of chat, or at least ability to move the system messages to console. If someone wanted to read the system messages, he could open the console and continue playing with console open. It would leave chat to its primary function, communication, and increase immersion. For example, a connecting user with e.g. just deprecated CBA versions can cause over 5 lines chat spam now: "User connecting, user connected, user CBA version mismatch!, user CBA_A2 version mismatch!, user CBA_OA version mismatch!)

ability to put off Ai commanding keys. I don't need them when playing with other guys online, so rather use those keys for something else.

* Visible pilot mask when utilizing jets

* Audible player breathing when flying jets.

* Alittle bounce when taking off a runaway in a jet similar to how Battlefield 3 does it, adds immersion.

* Less twitchy flight controls (sensitivity dunno if you can change it in Arma 2) its super sensitive in Arma 2 at least for me when I bank in a jet

MENU

Have an upcoming events news box on the main screen. Showing upcoming beta patches, patches, Arma DLC's, BIS sales, anything related to Arma or important BIS news should be posted. Similar to what Blizzard has in Starcraft 2 that would be neat.

EDITOR

Vehicle names should be displayed like this in the editor, AH-64D (APACHE), MQ-22 (OSPREY), AH6-J/X (LITTLEBIRD), A10 (WARTHOG), this assures noobs will be able to find their vehicle because not everyone is a military buff. I didn't know half the vehicles in ARMA because its hard to ID them when BIS associates them as their actual names. Simple things like this will streamline the game.