Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

- Analog controller configuration option: Threshold/dead center from 0-100 percentage

Most sticks tend to wear out sooner or later and Win7 for example won't help there.

1) We need a way to build defensive/fortified positions that are 'usable'-ie where the sandbag walls, mg nests,gun

emplacements, cargo containers and towers all 'snap' together with perfect alignment like a childs Lego set and don't follow the contours of the ground.

2) A rope system for climbing up and down the side of buildings-something like the 'Plumett AL54 Air Launcher'.

Edited by will(uk)

A grapple hook, something similar as in Battlefield 2. Used for climbing on buildings.

2009_classic_folding_ninja_grappling_hook.jpg

1) Built in functions in order to control the outcome of random, with normalized (0-1) range on the output. Think about this one as a means of obtaining various statistical distribution functions over a bunch of uniform random numbers.

2) A method of controlling that setOvercast and setFog are actually complete, by means of in engine signaling.

3) Parallel processing of setOvercast and setFog (never gets old requesting this :D).

Possibility to enable / disable parts of the locking system such as

-tab-lock

-2-lock (and a way to annonymize/hide the 2-target list)

-RMB-lock

-AT-autolock

-radar

-missile warning

Editable properties of all units, vehicles, weapons etc. like speed, rate of fire, team it belongs to, weight, radar/infrared signature on/off, turning rate and so on..

Thread cleaned up. If you have any comments for any of the suggestions, please use the discussion thread that accompanies this thread.

- an actual animation for pulling triggers and better, weapon-specific reload and jam-clear animations.

- all animations should be interruptable with a probability system for dropping items e.t.c. coming into play as described in one of my previous posts.

Gameplay

Sound - Vehicle warning sounds/beeps are able to be heard both inside the vehicle by not only the driver/pilot but by the passengers/gunner also.

i.e. A transport chopper full off troops is looses it's engines, instead of just the pilot hearing the warning tone all of the troops sitting in the back can hear it also and have time to react appropriately. People should also be able to hear the warning sounds from outside the chopper when it has landed (they would be much softer obviously) and only really noticeable when the rotors are not spinning.

Lighting - Big explosions at night are able to illuminate passing clouds in the night sky (this YouTube link

describes what I'm talking about)

It doesn't need to be nearly as bright as this one but it would be cool if it had some effect on the clouds.

Command & Conquer PvP or PvC

-Find ore

-Harvest ore for money to create buildings and Vehicles

-Fight for ore deposit

-Steal money from opposing Bases

-weapon

Mc-Millian TAC-50 (a1-r2)

M4 (single/brust version)

Barrett M95

Barrett M98B

Armalite AR-50

-camouflage

US4CES

Ghostex

-equipment

rangecard

-gameplay

bipod could "really" increase stability

quater minute scope fixing

image of tac-50 a1 r2:

tac-50-a1-r2-beauty.jpg

image of US4CES:

ACUCoat_Vest_US4CES_Transitional_220x300.jpgACUCoat_Vest_US4CES_Arid_220x300.jpgACUCoat_Vest_US4CES_Woodland_220x300.jpg

Edited by frostshazzy

Enhanced signature cloud sync:

>All mod/addon signatures should be stored in one master cloud folder so that mods pre-approved by community have broader server access and so that hosts don't need to copy signatures manually on their servers.

>This cloud feature should have presets (with mods/addons) that hosts can select, or make a custom list, preset status should be visible in server browsers for clients.

>Should be mandatory for server hosts.

Pros:

>Crossplatform mod/addon access, hosts no longer need to worry about which signatures they put and players no longer need to worry will they get kicked out because of some additional content they have installed.

>Saves resources for hosts.

>Increased security and anti-cheating method as everything is in the cloud and not local.

Cons:

>Relies on cloud synchronization, which means that if one or several cloud servers go down there will be no signatures to access.

>Increases data traffic use client-side.

I would like to be able to customize unit and vehicle loadouts quickly in the editor via dialogue / drop down menu.Ofcourse current methods would still apply too. Also, I would like a more dynamic work space. For instance, if i start typing in an objects init box, when it fills up with text, the init box / unit dialogue should expand.

hi i wish missions from arma2 and oa (make with editor arma2oa) will be compatible with arma3

and all addons (weapon ,islands,uniform,script,mod...) also compatible with arma3 will be great :yay:

and is make arma2 and oa alive :)

thanks

bye

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

i forget one thing

if is possible to add AAR :after action review like VBS in ARMA3 will be cool

to review mission and different angle

thank

Ability to lower also pistols. Essential for at least roleplay missions and mods.

This can't be probably changed, but you can always wish... :) Map design so that grass is shorter and map topography designed in micro level so that there's small covers (small holes, slopes (?), rocks) all around the map if possible, like in IRL. I think, that it would make a huge difference to combat. You could advance some steps from cover to cover and eg. evac a patient by using those covers.

near space atmosphere/ satellite warfare maybe in a couple of years

Bunker buster bombs

For Editing:

When choosing to place a sound, insert a play-button in the menue. That way we don't need to test each soundfile by setting it on the map (or extracting them from the pbo).

shift + mouse wheel = changes movement speed (spliner cell style)

ctrl + mouse wheel = changes stance height

ability to set custom keys for everything, including action menu browsing and radio

ALWAYS POSSIBILITY TO CANCEL CURRENT ACTION

(reloading my machinegun, enemy pops up, nothing to do since i have to wait for the reloading to finish, we should be able throw away the gun/magazine or whatever just to pull out pistol as soon as possible)

usage of movement keys to change positions in vehicles

(iam in humwee on seat right of driver, i press D(right) i disembark vehicle, i press A(left) i move to driver, i press S(back) i move to back seat, i press C(stand) i go to roof mounted machine gun)

@BIS just implement ideas that we are not able to do ourselves & steam workshop would be the best you could do for casual player

(i see alot of vehicle and weapons requests, that is the stuff we can do ourselves, do not waste time with that)

Edited by aeroson

I would like some sort of vote system. Anything with a set amount of votes may be implemented in the game or a monthly patch.

For example:

Suggestion animation for use of radio

Receives X amount of votes.

Dev's test this out

Edited by Hawk

Any chance that when you look in 3rd person view and you look left or right and the charactor head still look forword so you can watch the face of your charactor.

This might make you feel become more proud of your soldier may be this will let's us choose via option.

Also a bipod system and launcher blackblast would be great.

thankyou for your great work and your time BI Happy new year.

Hmh. I, for one, would quite like to see some sort of in-depth Character Customization implemented. Something along the lines of Nation Selection in the Player Creation screen, which would then display that Nations flag on the breast-pocket of your Uniform, moreso on Weapon's you hold. This'd go equally as well as Clan patches, using Images they've uploaded - Much like they're currently displayed on the 'Player' menu when pressing P.

Vehicle Mechanics quite seriously need a re-development. A US HMMWV, for example, struggles to manage a slight incline over 15MP/h, which is simply wrong - As well as BattleTanks, M4A2 TUSK ect, going vlastly slower off-road (When transitioning from Pavement to Grassland) whereas anyone whose seen them would know the entire design idea behind Track-based movement is to gain Traction on all terrains, in theory meaning if anything they ought to gain more traction on Grassland then on smooth pavement.

Tutorials need to be enhanced, too. Currently, they're perfect as is, due to most people knowing how to Fly, coordinate, and understand their Roles / Weapon choices, but you can clearly tell the difference between someone whose played for a week, to someone whose gotten the game yesterday. I'd like to see a greatly improved tutorial missions forced onto New Players so they're not getting the wrong impression of the Game due to their being killed easily in their first Multi-Player match / SinglePlayer.

Anyhow, they're my personal wishes that I do want to be implemented, but I hold faith the game'll turn out fantastic with-or-without them. See you on the Battlefield, -Wabbit.

Make AI able to use their own backpacks to resupply themselves, if their own backpacks depleted make them use the content of backpacks from their team/group. Make AI able to work properly as a (small) designed team for example assigning them to an MG, AT team etc after the briefing (or in a new mission preparation interface/menu). Still let the player have an option to control + micromanage his own team/group so he can override AI with his very own plans and decisions....

I would like condensed controls. For those that love having to memorize dozens of keys let them have their way, but if you want to attract more sales to your game Bohemia you have to actually make controls. An example would be using one button for stances. Briefly press for going to a crouch from a stand or a prone, hold for going prone from a crouch or stand. Better than fumbling between FOUR different keys. Vaulting should have been assigned to the action wheel as the way it acts now is very awkward. So if I wanted to share vault and another command on the same key I can't because you vault even if there is nothing to vault over. Also, that the mouse wheel isn't utilized for zooming and/or zeroing is ridiculous. It could have been that the mouse wheel was used in conjunction with another button like the secondary mouse button or a similarly macro like button to zoom in/out or zero.

I'd like better controller support as well. I find that between using a keyboard and mouse, mouse is the only real benefit over a controller and a controller is much more comfortable to use. A mouse, while agreeably allowing for great precision is exhausting to use over an extended period of time due to how it forces you to twist your arm in an unnatural way. An analog stick used over a mouse is just as good provided you use normal sensitivity or lower and just accept that you don't have the turning speed of a ninja. Also, pressure sensitive triggers and buttons and an analog stick used in place of those crappy wasd keys are also very superior to the keyboard for obvious reasons. So overall controller>keyboard mouse. So please support the controller better.

In ArmA 2 the analog movement for the controllers is not very good. You can move only directly diagonally and F B L R and the analog for speed is similarly choppy.

At least let us program our own controls (completely) ingame if you won't give us some decent control configurations. Let us create our own macros so that commands can share keys without interrupting eachother.

I saw, to my horror in an ArmA 3 demonstration, the demonstrator accidentally hit the vault key and vault over nothing as he ran across an open field. If ArmA 3 is just a glorified expansion pack to ArmA 2, you can forget my money.

The command interface is similarly a big problem. I liked how it was in ArmA 1, not easy on the eyes of new players but simple enough once you became accustomed to it. Pressing backspace in ArmA 2 accomplishes much the same thing, but if you were to map that command to the spacebar it is not really a replacement for the quick command bar originally assigned to the spacebar. So what I'm asking is to give us the option of turning on "advanced quick command bar" under game options, then everybody wins. Others have pointed out other things wrong with the command interface but this is it's most direct problem.

Please provide weapon inertia when aiming in first person. I end up turning up the aiming deadzone just a bit so I'm constantly reminded I'm not a robot. By weapon inertia, I mean a slight gun sway in whatever direction your aiming so that it looks more fluid.

It'd be nice to be able to lock your view at wherever your looking in freelook as well, and this would be particularly useful when using vehicles, especially helicopters, and it would be cool just in general to be able to play with whatever camera angle you want.

Visibility needs to improve. 10000 vis, which is the max setting for ArmA 2 should have been the standard setting, but as it is it's crippling to the average computer. Even 10000 isn't terribly much when your at higher altitudes, and even years old flight simulators provide ten times ArmA 2's max visibility as a standard setting. It's not cool when you can't see what your shooting at.

Lastly, push back the release as much as you want. I would rather wait a long time and get a near perfect game than something that could have used more work. Judging from ArmA 2, it was released much too soon. It's less so much that there were bugs than that there are a lot of things that went overlooked, especially the controls as the largest example.

What is the new release date anyways? I can't find it anywhere, so I guess there isn't one.

Edited by JCDBionicman