Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I wish for any new info, media, single screenshots from the game. :)

But seriously now. :) I don't see it on the list and I really would like to play free roam mission with random objectives. I know people are making these kind of missions already in Arma2, but that's community work. I wonder how cool would it be if it would be made by BIS. I think it could be nice advertisement for the game itself too, there are not many games in which you can walk across huge, detailed landscape with friends in coop and do what you want. Games from Arma series are designed for it, I really would like to see BIS making this time this kind of mission.

Exactly.

If there would be some free-roam missions, available for multiplayer, with a base and from there you're recieving objectives from HQ, it would definitely be good for the game.

Maybe something like the SecOp module from ArmA 2, but then with primary objectives.

I always can only get 1 SecOp module to work in ArmA 2. I would like to see the ability to sync different (PrimOp/) SecOp modules to different groups without screwing the radio and the communication up between the groups and the HQ. On this way you can sync a module to your group, but also to some Ai groups, what makes the world look more like a "battlefield", with the multiple operations going on at the same time.. (IMO)(SP)

And if a voice-actor from arma could record all the Phonetic alphabet tables and add those to a library, it would be great for mission editing etc. :D For example if your group (player + Ai) would have Golf=group this; --> the HQ on the support radio could match the Group name with the name in the library and use that while communicating with your group. (i.e. "Golf Actual, come in.")

Speaking of modules, the Ambient Combat module and the Civilian modules could be developed a bit further. After all, in a war zone, most of the time there still are civilians and there's a lot of stuff going on around you, so these modules aren't unimportant.

(An easy way to configure the Ambient Combat would do)

I know these are just small things, but adding these, especially the first idea, would be good assets for the game. :D

Edit: forgot a really important one: BREACHING! :D

I.e. Using explosives or shotguns to blow doors out.

Edited by ltsThomas

A (hopefully) simple AI improvement: taking cover immediately and/or switching the stance (if there is no proper cover near) when it's under fire, and in case of infantry, then ability to peek by switching to higher stance or lean, depending on the cover. AI could also spot the direction of the unit that shoots them better, but spotting the unit could be little harder/not so probable as it's now. AI could use suppressive fire too more aggressively. Because this can result in too hard AI for some players, there could be an option to disable or enable it in AI settings. In my opinion, this should definitely be included in the vanilla version.

It would make the supporting fire units like MGs actually usable, because suppressing the enemy would actually work. Nowadays sniping the AI from high distances is way too superior tactic compared to other tactics. On almost any public server where people fight against AI (Domination servers, for example), almost everyone gets sniper and high range guidable AT/AA and snipes the AI running around the town and hills randomly, and shoots the armoured targets with AT far away. If it was actually possible to suppress the enemy, also other options than sniping the enemies far away would become considerable options too. Sniping would become useful in assisting the groups to move to target. For example, snipers could eliminate the key targets, like artillery observers, and then make it easier to the groups to move to the target.

This would result in better teamplay and increased variety of actually usable tactics to be used to attack enemy and thus make a huge improvement in the replayability and the overall quality of the gameplay.

Free moving turrets on armor vehicle(independent) from main turret.

Non-lethal weapon systems, bean bag shot guns,rubber bullets, taser/stun guns.

Flashbangs, cs gas/gas masks

Ability to shoot from movin vehicle(exteriors) trucks/turned out on apc's etc/rear of trucks/cargo compartment of helis.

Rappeling(already mentioned) but also air assault(helis).

non-lethal rounds for training/practice(paintball) rounds/?

Beowolf/ M4-50cal weapon system!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=m4%2050%20cal%20future%20weapons&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0CrUARlmqso&ei=DQTGUJyCNcGO2gWZ1YDIBg&usg=AFQjCNHu1DQdiMwGBJQ7G_hvpGPJTf6I5g

Edited by Call_911

No idea whether that has been mentioned before, a quick search on the thread didn't really bring it up.

One thing that I always find immersion breaking is the way that the AI movies. I think the credibility of the AI could be vastly improved by a few simple things. For example:

- When an AI wants to go prone, they run to a point, stop for a moment, then go prone or kneel. The process looks robotic and unnatural. Players can go prone out of running, the AI should do the same.

- AI shouldn't stand when on "Stay Alert" or "Danger" mode. They should always take a knee, especially in open terrain.

- AI shouldn't do bounding overwatch when in stealth. They should stay low, and move slowly.

- Driving: AI should turn the steering wheel while standing. That way, they could avoid driving 100 times against the same obstacle.

There are other little things like that. Especially the first part (animation blending) is important IMO. It makes the AI look like AI, and given the realistic look of the rest of the game, it stands out.

1. Feature - Advanced interior camera shake for vehicles such as - Steering tilt, bump shake, braking, crashing, G force (accelerating/decelerating) in general or just random camera waving.

2. Weapon - MP5K, with our without LS scope, built-in suppressor.

3. Gear - Advanced camo selection for units, and ability to use more custom user-made content (masks, badges, patches, camo paints, headgear, etc).

ACRE. one of the deepest mods so far... Arma 2 lives, just as arma 3, from communication, and Acre makes it just... awesome... so a built in acre, with or without a Teamspeak plugin for not desynching servers would be absolutely great!

Few smaller visual tweaks that could boost the overall experience without eating up too many resources:

1. Screen burn effect - Ie. when a large flash or explosion occurs, usually followed by lens flare and leaves a mark on the camera (Just like eye-burn from staring at the sun, except shorter) This would make explosions smoother, and actually more realistic. To be applied to large sudden light objects only, no muzzleflashes from small arms.

2. Advanced Night Vision - Night vision to feature more natural green color (Lime-like) to react more realistically to sudden flashes by: If a large explosion occurs, NV should dim itself very quickly then recover slowly to normal, if smaller flashes occur, NV should dim and recover quickly, if a really large and persistent explosion occurs, NV should dim semi-fast but recover slowly and in addition jitter (can be achieved by up scaling and down scaling lens flare rapidly). NV should also feature circle ocular and not an egg-shaped one, and have brightness/contrast/gamma options.

3. Lens flares to be camera focused - In other words, one of the flare edges to be centered towards players camera center, this creates a very simple but realistic helmet/goggle simulation.

4. Thermal vision (BW, WB) - To have a very light pixel-persistent effect, or blur when camera moves, helps simulate low monitor HZ rates used.

5. Vehicle soft body parts - Self explanatory. Would be client-side.

- Easy placement of units inside buildings or structures on the editor.

BI Simulations just uploaded this video on the tubes:

SZ6FTpOKopw

If we get some sorts of AR functions in the game, it would be pretty neat to have similar functions in-game.

After Action Report (AAR) feature/option = all players/admins can see and discuss what went wrong and what was a splendid tactical decision. :)

Multiplayer

Competitive eSports - matchmaking system for squads/units/clans with a rotation of various pvp mission types to play through.

Spectate games

Tournament support (think League of Legends)

Ladder and ranking system for clans with different leaderboards for each size (squad,platoon,battalion,etc)

( This might have already been covered, I didn't see it in the list though.)

Content: The Canadian Armed Forces.

Maybe an expansion at least, but I think it would go well with Australia and NZ ( Already in the list.), Maybe they could both come out as a Commonwealth DLC?

Key or control to peek up bit when in prone to be able to see over grass or low obstacles.

- Binary type: press or hold one key character will raise his body bit with his arms and with Q and E you can peek also bit left and right.

- "Analog type": press or hold one key and adjust the amount of peeking with your mouse.

I think this would be very useful because now we either have to use 3rd person to achieve this or we have to stand crouch.

Full 6 core + CPU support of A3 engine, not support no buy.

This is the most essential support as simulator which is CPU based rather GPU arcades though.

I have a fairly simple/reasonable request.

Rather than the 'wait for host' screen as depicted in Arma 2 used as a multiple use loading screen, that the OPF Editing screen is brought back.

i.e

2Q8uG.jpg

highly modernized urban city area map, think dubai, abu dhabi or the newer cities in south korea

Extended server browser controls such as:

1. White and Black lists that are client side.

2. Server voting/starring.

3. Favorites list.

4. Include/Exclude word filters for servers.

5. Ping-Back button separately from refresh button.

6. Server formatting (Can be applied to game types, example different colors).

7. Ping limitter filter.

8. Server host country flags (For dedicated servers only that use anticheat engine)

I would like to see a very large amount of pre-written functions (modules) in the editor! Basically, I should easily be able to use just the editor to make any scenario I could ever imagine, via modules & triggers. Also, each module should have a Dedicated/MP variant!

My dream module!

-Entire island population (different from the one we currently have). Which would include random FOB locations for all sides (besides civilians), civilians, civ vehicles driving around, empty vehicles populate the towns. Civs inside houses, in chairs, eating, doing chores, sleeping,talking,screaming,fighting, tending their farms and livestock. Also the module would include the occasional "bad civ(s)", where they would be criminals doing criminalistic things. Mugging and killing people. Robbing banks, home invasions etc. They may even get recruited or just decide to join the resistance side! Ofcourse they'd change their clothes too along the way. Each town may or may not have military patrols, guards etc. Random patrols and ambushes throughout the map.

- Entry and exit bullet holes depending on the direction that the shot did came from.