Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Even if that doesn't make it, I'd like to have a "played sound" eventhandler that reacts to sounds produced at the client. Our script could then distinguish between walking, crawling, normal or stealthy voice and cause some custom reveals based on that. I think such a command should have options as to what kinds if sounds it should even react to, to lower the processing requirements.

Hell, it would even be nice if it could record VoIP levels :)

I'd like to see Emissive become a luminescent texture rather than only a filter. Right now to use an emissive it to be night, and being part of the rvmat, is applied to the WHOLE of the material, not just certain parts.

It's all or nothing wherein you are more likely to need extra faces if you only want to effect certain parts of a shared polygon.

This is a more extreme example but it conveys the idea clearly http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDcaw7BmdcEDraGTM-NKEv8UXho49FErKO7f_AZ68Sf_O3CSYS Phase first image would be the diffuse texture, the second is the glow map, and third is the effect combined.

The emissive ticker could still potentially alter color by balancing RGB settings, but at the same time it would only effect the amplification of the emissive rather than the whole diffuse.

http://www.shephardmedia.com/static/images/article/AW-139_NVG_Cockpit.jpg to achieve this scene in current A2, we need to make a plane across the middle for the backlight equipment, another across the front, and add extra faces for special things such as knob lines. We must also separate the textures due to being different colors, to achieve the green vs multi color of the displays. With an emissive texture we could paint the "need to glow" parts their own individual color, then use the emissive step to determine the overall intensity, further tweaks could be made on the texture itself to vary brightness. This would also cut down the material count as you no longer require extra materials for some things, analogue instruments are a great example.

Without a doubt Arma 3's new lighting engine looks superb, and really compliments both natural and artificial lighting, it would be a shame to see an opportunity as great and asset friendly as this missed.

A few more examples

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/11/10662/thumb_620x2000/noglowmap.png

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2009/06/24/texturing_for_games/

http://i.imgur.com/RrelF.jpg(note how the base is the brightest glow, reflected by being the brightest part of the emissive (bottom texture)

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/rsrc/Three/MaterialExamples/ex_glow_preview.jpg

http://kostas.se/files/other/PBL_Emissive_animation.gif

http://weeblegleep.com/smi/lava1.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

I'm suggesting that command menu should go under one button. When you push for example V then there pop-ups little window where you can see the commands which you can choose with numbers 1..0. Wolfenstein ET is good example for this. Command menu also releases this way 9 new buttons for use.

I believe this has been suggested before but I think this is a must have. It will get rid of that stupid command system which now takes too many buttons from our keyboard. Those keys got better use for example choosing grenades, sidearm, underbarrel grenade launcher etc. just like in many other games.

Would be realy nice to see a command like "ignore fire" or smth like that. Will be very usefull (imo) in stealth or cqc situations, when theres already no time for long thinking, but are AI still moving far too slowly and deliberatly for such circumstances.

Oh, for the love of the God of your choice:

* PLEASE let us have the ability to mute the installer music.

So yeah, finally updated my hardware and reinstalling Arma :D

It would be cool to have a way of shouting (direct comm. with higher volume, a longer reach radius and maybe some filters to simulate a shout, maybe echo, reverb along with the stereo location ) while voiping in direct channel. If a squad is under fire, shouting would come in handy to both communicate and locate mates without the use of side channel and with the help of regular radio auto-comm. I know this is more of a suggestion of something that could be improved, but i want to stress the need of this type of communication inside a squad during stressful times simply because it is something i always see on firefight footages, i think it is something that would immerse the player even more. I dont know if it would work the way i think it should, probably not because i seldom see people using direct comunication with this intent. But I think it is worth a try, maybe thinking ways of achiving this shouting comm even with ingame voice commands(pre-recorded ingame voices). Thanks! And Sorry for my english im not American and im still learning. I will attach some funker 530 footage that illustrate the kind of useage i think shouting would have.

Edited by Lucso

When giving targets to AI, or telling them to get into a vehicle, currently it just shows a numerical list of possible targets or vehicles but it's very hard to know which is which, particularly if there's two HMMVs next to each other or two tanks to the east, with one on the side of a hill and another below it on the flat. If the player just sees a list containing 7. T72, 8. T72 they don't know which one is which and so it's impossible for them to tell the AI to target the one they consider the biggest threat (i.e. the one on the hill).

So when going into the "assign target" or "get in vehicle" menus, it should instead show a number above each possible target or vehicle, so that the player can clearly see which target/vehicle they are selecting and then just press that number (or say it if using voice commands). Obviously it should only tag targets in this way that would have appeared in the numerical list anyway and not every possible target in view, which obviously would be a cheat for players to find targets (I'm presuming A2 only puts targets it considers the player has spotted in that list, rather than every target visible, even if the player hasn't seen them. If not, this would need to be changed for A3). IRL, the Squad Leader would just point out targets or say "target that vehicle to the left of the tree", so although obviously IRL targets don't have a number popup above them, this is an appropriate analog to make up for the lack of ability to point out or call out targets as one would IRL.

This could be instead of the current numerical list or in addition but the numerical list is more unrealistic, I would suggest, because in RL, the user would have to manually identify each target for themselves and can't just look around, see five vehicles and then call up a list telling them what each vehicle is. Perhaps there's a way for A3 to distinguish between targets spotted and targets identified (maybe it could consider something identified if the player has looked at it through scope or binos, or if an AI player has ID'd it and called it out) and to only show the vehicle type in the list for ID'd targets but it's probably better to just get rid of the numerical list. When the player assigns a target or vehicle by pressing it's number, the UI should give feedback (either by audio or text) in the form of "3, target that T72" which would confirm the vehicle type to the player and if they'd made a mistake they could re-assign the AI to a different target and whilst that could be abused by the player just assigning each target in turn to find out exactly what type it is, I'm not sure this would be a practical cheat (obviously in the heat of battle there wouldn't be time to do this. If being stealthy and some way from the targets, it could be abused then but there'd be the risk that the AI would fire on the target, thus giving away their position, and although that could be prevented by setting the AI to Hold Fire, perhaps in that mode, the feedback could be disabled). Probably the best way to avoid this being used as a cheat though, is to distinguish between spotted and ID's targets as described above, so that if it isn't considered ID'd, the feedback could be something basic like "3, target that vehicle".

I was also thinking that there should be a way to target a group (i.e a patrol) or an individual within that group (i.e. a HVT). One way this could be achieved is by having a "target nearby" mode (which should be the default), so when in that mode, the AI would first engage the designated target (i.e. the HVT) and once that was dealt with, engage the remaining nearby infantry. This would require the "assign target" interface to show a number for each individual target/soldier.

The other way I thought of is to have the interface just show one number for a group (i.e. a patrol, this assumes A3 uses groups like this but I imagine it does) which would allow the player to assign that group to the AI without prioritising any one member but after selecting that group, then the interface would show a number for each member of it, so that the player could designate a priority target within the group by pressing that number (pressing 0 could be used to confirm "no priority"). This has the advantage of less numbers/clutter on-screen when there's a lot of enemy infantry around.

Usually it's not good to fix something that isn't broke, but I'd like to see these features in Arma3:

*Be able to use knives for hand to hand combat.

*Get rid of the robotic voice overs from squad members.

*An official C&H & AAS game mode with snazzy interface(s).

*Official BI servers to support the C&H/AAS maps.

*More defined target acquisition instead of just looking around and picking up random targets.

*Better default field of view. (I realize you can tweak this in the profile config or w/e)

*Get rid of the ability to "zoom" in on the iron sights.

*Option to toggle or hold to bring up iron sights.

*The ability to change weapon accessories in the field. Of course the accessories you carried would take up ammo slots.

*Realistic AI behavior. (not to be confused with physics)

*Give us an amount of content never seen before @ release.

*Better / reliable modules for editing.

*The ability to download the mods from any given server without having to manually go and find the mods you need or using 3rd party software such as sixupdater and yomas.

*LED screen (or w/e screen is used IRL) for the javelin launcher.

*More fluid squad command interface.

Edited by Iceman77

New command isSuppressed. True while suppression effects are in place, false when they are not.

Maybe also an eventhandler for it could be nice.

Here's one "suggestion" pertaining to game engine. How about the removal of that stupid looking double tap Ctrl relaxed walk? Walking while holding your rifle in one hand by the grip and swinging your left arm? That looks so counter intuitive and uncomfortable and unprofessional. I think ArmA 2 had it fine, but maybe with some more dynamic movements ( your stereotypical checking out your gun while idle animation xD).

would be nice to can set the power of the demolition charge for destroy only a wall or a door(for tactical entry) or all a house and also open doors or destroy them with shotguns

- A campaign with each side.

- Tropical island with a campaign.

- Sand desert with a campaign.

- A big (modern) city with a campaign.

- Winter terrain with a campaign.

- Central europe's terrain with a campaign.

A LAN co-op please.Dont turn into all the other game companies that use steam all the time

I would like to see. Place one soldier behind another. Shoot 1st one in the head and second one dies/gets hit as well. :pray:

I would like to see Arma 3 have a campaign with similar gameplay and

mission decisions (Deciding which mission you take influences the next mission)

like arma. Also if intro were refined to be like the original it would be awesome.

I would like to see a fully customizable & scaleable HUD/UI. Meaning, I could move and scale things like the chat area how I like.To any place on the screen and what size I like.

Also, I read an interesting post and found this; Would be awesome to see in A3. Do away with the whole "view distance" thing and use low poly renders for landscape in distance.

In AII, you can have a huge mountain which should be more or less visible from across the map, yet you won't see a bit of it until you move within 10km of it, at which point it fades into view. There must be a better way of handling this, like a extremely lo-poly landscape mesh, used for rendering silhouettes of distinctive geographic features from afar. This would really add to "sense of scale" of the game.
Edited by Iceman77

I would like to see more regular updates of progress (prior to the game being released and afterwards).

the phisic of veichle suspensions and trucks articulations would really need to work specially with indipendent suspsnions systems and veichles as 6x6 or 8x8

I would like to see more regular updates of progress (prior to the game being released and afterwards).

At this point I'd rather see the devs talking to us and Ivan/Martin freed than Arma3 even being released.

1) The AIs skill levels-Marksmanship, Observation Skills, Target-Engagement range, Camouflage/Concealment abilities,Overall Proficiency, etc. should increase with their number-of-kills+amount-of-time-in-the-field and decrease with time when they are injured (No more using experienced/veteran AIs as expendable pawns-they will become valuable assets and will have to be looked after)

2) An 'Engine Off' command.

3) An 'All Round Defence' command.

4) A 'Patrol Area' command.

5) A 'Take Captives' command which will force the AI to take subdued/wounded/surrendering enemy AI prisoners instead of killing them.

6) Changable in-game fonts.The ingame text isn't very clear with lower resolutions even on a 32" screen.

7) An 'undo last action' function for the game editor.

One thing I've always wanted is the sound of wind rushing past. If you stand there and can hear it, take a reference as Skyrim which does a great job with sound in total and really gives that immersive feel. The same goes when you jump out of a chopper, whatever, to hear that rush of wind would be great and really a nice small touch of quality.