Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Regiment "San Marco" (or "Lagunari") of Italian Army & French Foreign Legion

- the firing of large calibre (.300 - 50 e.t.c.) from a standing or crouched posture without a barrel rest is unrealistic except for an extremely muscled individual with an enormous weight and near superhuman armstrength. They weigh 15 kilos and more.

How about being able to change the names of the AI. I like the idea of having a team of persons I know. I think it would help with the engagement..

Create a HC-related module that gives player the ability to put selected units into separate teams as he sees fit. So f.e. if player has 10 people under his command he can create 2 high command teams 5 people each with highest ranked unit being a team leader (of course player should be able to return those teams under his direct command on demand).

This should give player much more comfort in commanding large teams since it will be more comfortable than quite clunky coloured teams. This is only realistic for squad leaders who command separate fireteams and will let the player give orders that are impossible or uncomfortable to give with coloured teams - like separate formations for example.

Rifles(all categories):

F2000 (Mk. 20)

Now, I realize this weapon was in the early videos they showed.... I just want to make sure it's in the list...

double handed weapons.

why?

(and yes, i know the difference between "akimbo" and "double handed")

because if you are gonna be a stranded soldier with limited weapons/ammo/supplyes you may need to take non-combat standar weapons.

i dont say its 100% neccesary, but it would be realistic.

no, i am no COD fanboy.

and i think this has been discussed too, but why not 3d scopes? in real life you cant stick your eye right next to the weapon's scope

i think bohemia interactive should include arma 3 versions of popular multiplayer missions like domination, insurgency, life missions and their variations etc at release.

Faction

Please I beseech you to add the British Army or at least even the Royal Air Force, after all we are a major NATO country and would most defiantly play a major part in any conflict of this sorts, we also have troops in Cyprus who would likely, if not on Cyprus be in the area, we also already have units there in the scenario and as such must have the capabilities to get men there.

Rifles

Please add the:

L85A2 (SA80)

In fact please add as many British Army weapons you can to the game.

Thanks for reading

Better underwater lighting.

All the stuff shown at E3 and such with the rock formations have the same light levels, no matter how deep it is.

I think the lighting should be improved so depth makes a difference, so the deeper you go, the darker it gets. For example, the underwater wreckage possibly with air pockets of dry sections would be much darker in general. As you can see here,

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/185/cache/coolidge-wreck-doubilet_18504_600x450.jpg

It doesn't take a very deep sea to already make things darker.

When coming in for a bomb run, it would be much more ralistic to be able to lock a target (either lased by a friendly or from my radar), from more than say 2000Km. As it is now it feels like WWII dive bombing and that's in the A10. If I try it in the Harrier at 600KMh it feels like I'm right on top of my target before I let fly. The whole point of CCIP is to be far enough out that I can release the weapon and then peel away to safety so no shrapnel tickles the delicate innards of my airframe. AND to reduce the chance of return fire.

Air should engage from miles away also.

So, in short, I'd like to see a more realistic/sim style of air to ground weapon deployment as well as air to air.

And how about VTOL that is useful, I personally find the Harrier's VTOL annoying and broken.

- Schools.

- High Schools.

- Colleges.

- Universities.

- Hospitals.

Accurate white phosphorus simulation. Makes smoke and sets things on fire.

I'd absolutely love to see a "MagazineType" config value. Currently it's a pain in the rear to add new magazines, because you have to update all affected weapon base classes.

Having MagazineTypes, like "556x45_STANAG", 556x45_G36", "762x39_AK", etc. would make it easier to do this.

Here's an example:

caweapons.pbo, config.cpp would contain the base class with the MagazineTypes[] instead of the magazines[] value

class cfgWeapons {
 class M16_Base: Rifle {
   [...]
   MagazineTypes[] = {"556x45_STANAG"};
 };
};

somesillymod.pbo, config.cpp would contain the MagazineType in the magazine class.

class cfgMagazines {
 class some_silly_magazine: CA_Magazine {
   [...]
   MagazineType = "556x45_STANAG";
 };
};

Hope I didn't write this too confusing. At least in my head the idea and even its implementation is clear... :o

I think it would be cool if you guys added a function where you can have multiple loadouts for one unit, and the game would randomly choose which loadout to use. For example, a US Marine that has the loadouts of "M16A4" and "M4" and the game would randomly pick which of those he will have in the mission.

Game engine

Building doors should make a noise when opening or closing - currently silent.

The ability in the editor to edit existing stock maps and make changes then save them. WITHOUT having to go use third party software to decompile everything first! If I want to add air hangars to Takistan's CTI for example, I should be able to just open it in the editor, set the option and then save it as another file name. I can't now, I have to use some kind of third party utility and know programming or basic scripting bla bla bla this needs to be easier IMO.

This should totally be part of the vehicle pool.

Gotta go with the flow. Contrary to the black ops 2 mech, this one would be REAL. Which is REAListic, no?

(I am kidding, though it´d be funny troll move by BI to put a Wanzer like this into the game. And yes, apparently that machine is marketed for real, civilian and military markets.)

New command setCivilianMode bool (default true), to be used with civilian units that you want to "act" as soldiers. Or to soldiers if you want them to act as civilians. Not so much for myself, but it is a frequent question how to use civilians in missions and have them act as soldiers. Giving them weapons doesn't suffice :) When set to false for a civilian, he should perform the unit fsm (or whatever), which should prevent him from laying down and all those sorts of things.

Building doors should make a noise when opening or closing - currently silent.

Agreed. We should also be able to incrementally open doors, maybe with the mouse wheel.

I don't know, may be it was already mentioned.

To optimize sandbox abilities for creating dayz like RPG games it would be nice to have some features like:

- savable properties of weapons i.e. status of weapon. Bad status - jamming, need to repair.

- some config weapon properties (like precision/ fire speed etc.) can be changed during a mission on-the-fly by a script command.

- some player config properties like camo can be changed during a mission on-the-fly by a script command.

- And of course extended inventory engine, which enables equipping with different armor types, uniforms, weapon attachments etc.

I think many of mentioned features are already on realization, hope we will see awesome sandbox enhancement for RPG mods/missions.

One gameplay feature i would like to be added is different kinds of signs with the hands. Like waving, Stop, and other things you would like to silently tell other people or just tell things to people who can't hear you (Being in another squad or so) by pressing shift + 1 (up to 9) for diferent animations, Or something.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, But local speech would be super :) (I don't know if this was in the previous verisions of arma, So don't shoot me :P )

Probably crazy expensive (cpu-wise) request but one thing I'd love to see is the AI's ability to hear all noises in the game. Meaning if im sneaking up on an enemy camp at less then 50m and I yell "All! Hold Fire!" -the enemy is actually able to hear that. The immersion gets hurt when you are obviously doing something that would attract attention soundwise but the AI is apparently in dual dimensions where they can see our movements but can't hear certain things. Would give an obvious reason to use stealth mode as well.