Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I would like to see second monitor support, on which the map and/or chat, AND/OR controlled units can be shown.

Why? Usefull in the rest of what I want...

I would like to see warfare style scenario's with ability to buy lot more units than previous versions. (Ok, warfare is my preferred gametype, I recon)

I would to see easier, more fluent command structure (not over F1-F12 buttons. More strategy game style, like grouping units into CTRL+1, etc.)

I wish units under player's command would become grouped and get a separate color code in the little screens, so that you instantly know who is in which vehicle. Also I would like to see the name of the vehicle they are in, added in the bottom of the little screens, so that I know what type of vehicle I am commanding.

I really wish more intuitive, mouse based quick and rapid tactical information could become available in the map (preferably on second monitor...) to exchange some sort of a game plan with other players of your team.

A commander could draw arrows with mouse and stuff like that. (Not the difficult button system, currently in use.)

I would like to see some sort of a radio exchange system with which enemy units are spotted. This kind of info can improve gameplay tremendous. One could have this automated, or via a "spot" function.

Also a time stamp could be added on a location, where enemies were last seen. A time stamp to remain there for a certain amount of time, before it disappears, and becomes irrelevant.

I would like a CLEAR view of myself on the map, and my units. Most of all with a more CLEAR COLOR CODE: F.I. green ALWAYS friendlies, RED always enemies. Own troops in command, different colors according to the squad they belong to. I say this, because, now one loses a whole lot of time in typing things, adding marks, etc...

Also I would like to see all numbers of my squads/units not overlap each other while in the same spot/vehicle.

I would like to have a "follow road/go direct" option for vehicles, so that they adjust their pathfinding accordingly. Now units can get lost, or lose tremendous portions of time because of very bad pathfinding.

Concerning the controls: The control screen itself, when changing values of a control may fill the whole screen. Now, often times one can't see all keyboard, controller actions attached to it.

Controls should be better grouped together according to use, and function (infantry/ground vehicle/chopper, plane - why put a filter for it, when you can just add different buttons next to each other on top. Click on it, and controls shift to that position. Just like in webpages.) Controls must be easier to find (search function, by typing).

ARMA1 conrols screens were much clearer (in looks) than ARMA2.

Also, all controls seem to always be based upon QWERTY, and not AZERTY. I would like to see two BASIC control setups (1 QWERTY, 1 AZERTY) to choose from. Would make thing lot easier.

As far as I know players almost never use the numeric gamepad... Why not use quickcodes ability for commands? 1= ...,01=..., 2=...,02=..., 3=...? One can go as far as one wants, no?

Need group channel? 01 Need vehicle channel? 02 ...

I think for all future game devs: EXPORT FUNCTION OF GAME control/settings PROFILES from within the game would be great! If you need to reinstall, you just import a control/game settings file, and off you go.

No more reconfiguring etc...

Server browser: Sixupdater style system should be implemented in the game, for easy joining servers, and adding versions and mods it runs.

Entering vehicles can be a pain at times. Realism, ok. But don't overdue it, please. The exact zone where to enter a vehicle can be so small, you simply only lose time while searching for it.

Also, one could use cominations of keystrokes here: 21 = driver, 22 = gunner, 23 = commander, 24 = in the back, 25 = loader

I am convinced that all these additions would improve overall gameplay, moreof the 'tactical' element, a very lot, and don't seem so hard to implement.

The ability to have some sort of a mix, between RTS (warfare style) and tactical FPS must be great, and can be achieved with this game and engine.

F.I.: Playing only 2 vs 2, or 4 vs 4, but each one having the ability to control and command a small army of 10 to 20 vehicles or something like 40 infantry units, (or even more?) and really play tactical engagements, could be a thrill, I suppose.

Other things to possibly implement: paradrop of vehicles and / or infantry (single/squad), a commo rose for the menu's, automated links with TS, easier speech system - separate speech buttons for every channel, instead of changing channels all the time.

I saw a video of artillery / air strike support. I would have suggested that. But then I saw the video. Great job!

I like ARMA SERIES very much, but I would like to see it evolve more in this direction as written above. More than putting efforts in diving etc.

I predict (despite all energy BI puts in it) it won't be used all too much. Only if it has real tactical value. Else, I don't have a feeling people wait for this kind of features.

Sorry, trying to be honest. Who knows, I'll be surprised of what it may bring... Curious, in fact.

Thank you, for this great game series.

I read the list and not sure if this applies to any of the already mentioned suggestions.

But I would like to see modding tool optimized. Arguably, mods from the community is what has made ARMA 2 so popular. But I have noticed that a lot of the members of the community have problems with configs.

Is it possible to add a tool, where for certain mods (a helicopter for example) can be loaded into the tool. Then you are given a list of other vehicles, weapons, etc. And you can pick from that list what values you want for your helicopter.

Example: I have a futuristic tank that I have finished modeling and would like to put in game.

I lstart up the config tool and load my tank.

I know that I want most of the characteristics on my tank to be like an M1A2 Abrams, so I look under presets/vehicles/armor/M1A2 Abrams.

But for this futuristic tank I have given it a rail gun, as the US Navy project to have rail guns to start entering service in 2020, since ARMA 3 is in 2035, 15 years seems like a reasonable amount of time until we can get shrink the technology to fit into a tank, given the rate at how fast technology is advancing.

So I go under the weapons category, and find the main cannon. Being a rail gun, the shell that is fired would not have an explosive warhead, and will fly at 5,800 m/s which can hit a 5 meter target at 200 nmiles away (overkill I know but I'm just basing it off a 10.64MJ prototype the US navy has.) So I select ammo type, and choose APFSDS since it is a kinetic round, which is what I need. Now I increase the flight speed to 5,800 m/s.

I look at the reload time, and think its a little too slow, since my tank has an automatic loading system. I increase the loading time by a few rounds per minute.

For speed and handling, I want to see how it works with M2 Bradley, so I go to vehicle speed and select presets/vehicles/armor/M6 Linebacker.

I save it and it generates a config file.

I load it into game and test it, load it back into the config tool if I want to change something.

The beauty of it being a .cfg file is that if I want to add custom stuff (like RKSL did with his custom afterburner configuration) I can still do that. Or for people who have been using .cfg since the first Arma and are more comfortable with it.

The main goal of this suggestion is to make modding in arma more user friendly. Skyrim is incredibly popular thanks to how easy it is to mod with the Creation Kit (which is evident by the 15,000+ mods available on skyrimnexus. Sure, a percentage of those mods are low quality/unsuited for a game like arma. But it should be manage-able.

I realize that I only have limited experience with configs for arma, and from what I understand it may not be usable with all types of mods, such as units. But this may make the majority of mods more user friendly.

Parallax free red dot scopes and aircraft hud.

Edited by sk3pt

I wish an extended version of "Valentine", a little more orchestral and epic. Also "Harvested Red" another epic song

-borderless windows

-options to remove all aid markers

-remove all aid markers that BIS forgot to remove from ARMA2 including in the map screen

-realistic radio system like ACRE

-realistic map so no more magic markers and infinite range map sharing

-digital map so we can keep all the old "magic" map features

Edited by lev

The turn speed and weapon collision are given a lot of flak for why ArmA controls are clunky and break down in CQC. Instead of removing them completely, they could be streamlined quite a bit to make the game feel much more responsive. The limited turn speed makes the game feel laggy and awkward. In real life, your head isn't bolted to your gun. A way to make the game feel more responsive is to sync the mouse 100% to the players head, but still have the gun turn speed. This would make it that head movement is instantaneous, but the weapon would "lag" behind until it caught up with the head. I feel this would make ArmA III feel much more responsive and unobtrusive to the player. Weapon collision is the bane of all CQC in ArmA, getting people stuck in doors and preventing them from shooting over a table. Guns should be lowered automatically in a position where it'd block player movement. If a player is walking through a door sideways, the gun should automatically be lowered to prevent getting stuck in the doorway.

One thing that I would really love to see is more realistic aircraft engine and afterburner effects. Like the ones you see on the F-18 in VBS 2.

Games like Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X and Ace Combat nailed it pretty much.

hawx-shot.jpg

Edited by CyclonicTuna

• Make multiplayer easier to understand for new players

• MP game modes such as bf3 rush and Domination need streamlining

• Better in game tutorials (still parts I don't understand 2 year later...)

• SP Less buggy AI - some missions in PMC i can;t finish as AI don't move in trucks (mission 4)

• SP More in game hints and help with equipment and dealing with keys and AI

• Better integration with MODS, - it's too complicated currently

• More game mods

• No zombies

• Give me beta :)

Enhanced secops and acm :p I still play and enjoy using these two together.

Especially for secops, just a bit more diversity and randomness in the missions... I.e. Assasination, destroying vehicles, recon and delivery, which leads to a related wish, the ability to move load/unload/tow.

ACM: the ability to sync the types of units that you want to spawn to the module.

One thing that is desperately lacking in A2, is the ability to demand your troops move via basically a straight line, double time, from point A to point B.

A lot of the time even if you set them to "safe", and to "stand up", they will still slowly dawdle to their assigned waypoint.

Sometimes you just need to demand that your troops get somewhere in as orderly and efficient fashion as possible.

havent bothered searching if this has been said, but what about making soldiers helmets do their job propperly. i.e. if the bullet hits the helmet on the side it will riqochet instead of resulting in a kill...

I'd Love too see some danish units. Like elite units. the Danish Jaegers are badass. Period. Juss sayin'

Could you talk to these guys, implement this kind of destruction physics to your vehicles :P ?

I hope they could implement:

- Rain and Thunderstorms and Lightning such as Stalker's lightning for night ops.

- Rippling thunder sounds across the sea and land

- Rain getting scopes wet so that it is harder to view (unless this doesn't actually happen due to scope design?)

- Different sound effects for walking on wet terrain (splashes and puddle noises)

- Wind physics that will affect the static trees in the environment

- Physx enabled trees please, getting a bit of movement on the flaura and it also being affected by e.g - coastal winds, would be very immersive and could also help conceal moving players in the area, currently it feels like everything is still in the world except your characters.

- Hoping they could have a full dynamic weather cycle implemented that consists of changing the wind factor and visibility factor through its cycle

- volumetric mist early in the morning that rises off the ground as the day heats up!!!!!

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

FACECHUNK

More CQB locations.

When I say that I mean larger static objects/buildings/structures.

First things that comes to my mind are a larger freightship and maybe an oilrig.

flyingcargoship.jpgscaled.php?server=406&filename=draupneroilrig.jpg&res=landing

Just getting into/onto them during a mission would require some planning.

- Female troops

- Boosting team mates over ledges

- Less static animations

- Realistic pain reactions (I.e shot in the leg, you limp)

Animations for hands up, or in the back of the head or handcuffed and able to walk, for surrender or detention

either via mod or built into the game, to have a "zoom" option on the map showing the floor plan of major buildings, if multiple floors, have a selector on the side to choose which floor to show, this way when infiltrating, a plan can be drawn up amongst the unit prior to execution.

modular vehicles e.g. adding a machinegun on top of a jeep or something like that

Add fire, flammable objects and environment , flammable grass , plants , trees , buildings.

Add incendiary weapons , incendiary grenades , napalm bombs and flamethrowers :flamethrower:

Add burn injuries , heat strokes and asphyxiation from smoke.

New type of treatment for burns maybe ?

A layout of the human body on your hud, where injured parts of your body turn red, like Deus Ex, in real life you have nerves all over your body, you would be able to feel where you got hit (or have lack of feeling where you got hit :P). Its not absolutely nessecary but would be helpful to be able to tell where you got hit and whats injured an whats not.

One thing I noticed in a E3 demo of Arma3 is the poor/inaccurate quality of the gun/rocket sounds while being shot from a helo.

from 11:30 to 12:04 in this vid

The sound of what I believe are to be dillions (mini guns) sounds more like a high rate (not mini gun kinda high rate) machine gun, and rockets sound like, well a rocket, but that's now how they sound from inside a helo. He says about the audio "trying to make the audio a little more meaty, but not compromising on the quality". To me it seams like "Meaty" means "Hollywood worthy!"

for those that know, those sounds coming from the guns in the helo are wrong.

The mini guns sound like a chain saw, and rockets sound like air pressure being released.

If you can excuse the music you can hear what I'm talking about ;)