Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

A deeper(and optional) reload system. Also loose ammunition

Have 4 different types of reload and animations.

1. (By Pressing R Once - Magazine Not Empty - Long Reload) Soldier pulls out magazine from vest and does a tactical reload and replaces magazine in vest(Can be refilled with loose ammunition, magazine is in inventory for later use {Also +1 Round})

2. (By pressing R twice {or more} - Magazine Not Empty - Short Reload) Soldier drops magazine from weapon on to the ground and inserts new one (Used magazine does not go back into inventory {Also +1 Round} - In game object, can be picked up)

3. (By Pressing R Once - Magazine Empty - Long Reload) Soldier pulls out magazine from pouch and does a tac reload and replaces magazine in dump pouch - Uses bolt catch or racks bolt{Dependent on weapon} (Can be refilled with loose ammunition, empty magazine is in inventory for later use)

4. (By pressing R twice {or more} - Magazine Empty - Short Reload) Soldier drops magazine from weapon to the ground and inserts new one - Uses bolt catch or racks bolt {Dependent on weapon} (Used magazine does not go back into inventory/dump pouch - In game object, can be picked up)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35200

Edited by Scoggs

At the start of the video, it mentions improved view distances.. while this doesn't necessarily have an important effect, actually being able to see the horizon (as you can in the video) is a lot neater and more immersive than the random wall of gray fog a few kilometers away. On further inspection it seems that the combination of a larger view distance with having the VD fog match the sky instead of being gray is used. Even this would be very welcome however, assuming it doesn't destroy FPS.

I'm not sure why it hasn't been put in, actually, considering that this is in VBS2 and ARMA 3 has a lot of emphasis on graphical upgrades.

I have been playing ArmA multiplayer for a while now and had an urge to post a topic on here about my question\suggestion about multiplayer based mods. It can sometimes be nerve-racking when a player cannot connect to a server because of modification problems. My suggestion would be to maybe have a system where the server owner can upload files to a directory where they are streamed to the players. This can prevent some mod stealing and connection issues. Would this be possible or not?

--

Personally, with my internet, I would rather download the mods outside of the game. But I can see why this would be useful. If I recall BI said they were implementing better mod integration, but they said stick with things like six updater when it comes to auto-downloading and stuff.

What do you mean by mod stealing?

Well some (not myself) owners of the ArmA roleplay communities get butt-hurt when people steal mods and use them for other servers. I can understand how this can be upsetting and I was curious to whether or not it would be possible to do this.

making the speed of the FOV change aka Zoom adjustable to ones liking / gameplaystyle I would like to see.

For CCO faster is maybe better..

Working Trains.

There have been models and mods for years but no working mechanism. Would be fun!

I would really like to see a video showcasing the beautiful scenery of Limnos and Stratis. Something like this -

3F0R81cbcyU

Then all the ArmA and DayZ community can have pleasant dreams about the amazing missions we will soon create in the amazing ArmA3 environments.

There should be separate environmental sounds for shore, (open) sea, and lake. If there are boat specific sounds attached to the boat, the volume driving this should be governed by surface type at boat location with smooth transitions so that jumping the boat above water doesn't abruptly silence the sound. This enables us to have the boat put on land or behind vehicle without producing sound of boat interacting with the sea. For the sfx part, I suggest seagull for shore and ducks for lake. Probably no sfx part for the open sea needed.

Similarly for air; let there be wind sounds up at altitude controlled by unit airspeed through the airmass, but shut them off if inside a vehicle (other than parachutebase).

AI should know better if the enemy is too strong for them, they should have some sense of self preservation.

How about having the JTF-2 (Canadian Counter-terrorism) and the Canadian Forces if possible.

for fixed wing a F-18 hornet(superhornet also)

- throwable grapple hooks that can be climbed like ladders for scaling buildings and cliffs (can also be pitched and thrown down to go down)

- Police officers (like in ARMA 2 Chernarus civilians, but act as police), police cars, maybe a small police station. I'd imagine Myrina has some sort of police, at least. I'd hope. With ALICE module would just be seen patrolling or relaxing waiting for a call? Preferably lightly armed

- Civilian big rigs, sports cars, jeeps, similar cars.

- Children (unless ARMA is set in a world where people are born at age 18 or something.)

- Hand-to-hand combat/bayonets/rifle bashing. Would be useful for CQB

- Smoother movement (smoother than ARMA 2 and trying to bend around corners and doorways, anyway!)

- Guard dogs (German shepards ideally, maybe Dobermans or Russian Terrier)

-Greek special forces ,as future DLC -Barrett M107 A1 -Cheytac M200 .408 intervertion -McMillan TAC .50..... :-)

I want underground structures (somewhat confirmed for arma3) as well as caves and etc built into the terrain.

I also want to have multiple types of liquids with editable properties. Salt water vs fresh water vs oil.

I would also like multiple types of atmospheres with editable properties. An example of this would be having a sand storm affect ballistics instead of just being a visual aspect.

I would like buildings to be able to be built underwater or inside atmospheres and have a separate internal atmosphere. IE, an underwater tunnel or facility or even just a building built near the ocean water table to have it's internal compartment be filled with air instead of water. Or have a map with basements flooded with water. and etc.

Perhaps an AWACS that requires players to crew it to be operational and can be shot down, feeding recon data to the rest of the team.

Maybe also an AC-130 although I think it's use would have to be restricted somehow as it's rather devastating.

i would love to see a future DLC for the canadian forces. we have an elite anti-terrorist unit, we have the leopard 2 a6, the LAV-25, c7 rifle, etc. and the CADPAT camo looks amazing, and with all the soldier customization i would love to be able to wear my country's camo. also, were active as UN peacekeepers, that could be a cool addition to the game. sorry if ive reposted something already said, really didnt want to spend hours reading. thanks :)

future version of the bmp 3

maybe the Suchoi T-50 as a jet

a dlc with focus on the military technology of Russia in 2035 would be even better

I'd like to see canon recoil effect tanks.

I seem to remember in OFP or ARMA1, tanks would rock a bit when main gun was fired.

This should also happen with smaller vehicles which have softer suspension.

Things equivalent to the 'ZU-23' truck and 'SPG-9' offroad. (I know they won't be in ARMA3. I'm just giving examples)

Hello i do not know if this has been said before but what if while diving underwater your oxygen tanks can get shot and will leak so you will need to go up to surface to repair & refill them/ get new ones

This could of been said before from previous posters.

- Ground and underwater knifing animations for stealth operations.

- To improve thunder, aircraft sounds and other certain sounds that overwrites or dominate smaller sounds that can affect NPC AI in hearing.

eg. sound of thunder while being engaged by single gunfire at the same time (can be very useful for stealth operations when the timing is right).

- Rappelling option for entering buildings, mountaineering and Helicopters for quick descent.

- Visible weapon smokes upon firing with barrel heat for infrared detection FLIR.

- Feature to hack other radio frequencies and listen to some nice random NPC dialogue.

- Improve enemy AI actions to eat, drink, train, group scout randomly, interact with NPC's with random dialogue and interact with objects in a unaware situation.

- Armor piercing bullets for powerful sniper rifles to give it the ability to take out personnel inside heavy armored vehicles.

- Improve animals AI to make them eat, drink, hunt and move in herds while being chased or threaten by loud sound.

- Real time weather to make graphical/dynamic changes to the environment (I don't think any game has this feature).

- Lastly, it will be pretty cool if commander/construction modes can be combined to feature more like real time strategy games to give it a FPS and RTS feel (to give the player a sense of both enjoyable experiences).

One thing that would be good is if @mod folders could contain not just the addons folder but also any other folders specific to that mod, (i.e dta, campaigns, missions, mpmissions, userconfig, keys) so that the user doesn't have to move those folders to the Arma3 root folder manually, as they currently do for Arma2.

was thinking that these ideas would be useful and more realistic, when you are in a helicopter and hovering close to land at a low altitude instead of ejecting and risking injury like in arma 2, you could add an option where you can use ropes to get down.

also i was thinking maybe vehicle damage should be more realistic ie when enemy's shoot at the glass since some vehicles are bullet proof there would be a bullet mark in the window where ever they shot and the player would remain uninjured, unlike arma 2 the whole window would be cracked as soon as the ai or other player shot you, in other cases on non bullet proof vehicles it would be the same thing but the player would be injured. also visible damage would be great when vehicles collide with one another or gets damage from the environment

Since Limnos is very mountainous at some parts it would be great if you would make some vehicles top heavy so that they flip over if the player slips a curb on a mountain, when they flip i think players should sustain some injures or die depending on the nature of the flip, in arma 2 it was very hard to flip over a vehicle no matter what. it would usually stick to the ground

and lastly can you make animations when you are entering a vehicle, like opening the door and entering

you are doing a great job guys i look forward to buying the game :D