Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I searched for this and could not find it, maybe I am using the wrong terms but here is one thing I would like to see.

Gameplay:

Shoulder transitions. Be able to go from weapon on your right shoulder to left shoulder.

Visual & Audio feedback of AI state:

eg:

AI that got shot will produce a scream, but currently the audio feedback is not present

- Freeaim added either as an option for freelook (with key assigned to toggle between freelook and freeaim) or as a new keybind. It should be restricted to shorter angles than freelook (about 50 - 70 deg for each side). It would be a great replacement of aiming deadzone for those who would like to.

Vehicles:

- An animation for the character to actually turn on the engine i.e. turning the keys before you can drive. This means leaving the engine on will be of tactical importance to a quick get-away.

- PhysX to allow for proper vehicle maneuvers to take place and 'knock' other cars off balance such as the PITT maneuver to actually be of use in game instead of doing little to nothing as currently in Arma.

- Possibility for manual vs automatic vehicles and gear adjustments.

- More complex damage areas to sub-component engine parts such as the radiator, the fan, so on.

please keep the actual physics of the cars wheels when driving bumbping to ground. it looks far more realistic than typical physX stuff in games...

it feels just right while typical physx Games cars feel like gum balls..

1) Add to game some mode with no respawn after death (like in Americas Army or CS)

2) Add for server Admin posibility to restrict quantity of sniper weapons and also RPG (like in Americas Army) becuz its very rare that in Army all 50 men are with RPG or all are snipers.

3)Gameplay:

Shoulder transitions. Be able to go from weapon on your right shoulder to left shoulder. Becuz otherwise when you lean to the left yuo show off half of your body while leaning to the right side you show only head and maybe little of shoulder. With that option player will eb able to change weapon to left shoulder and it will only show head while leaning to left.

Edited by tamernator

Remove everything that cannot be feasibly implemented in a well working, non-kitbash or non-workaround manner. Less is more.

Also make the campaign at least 20 hours + of playtime. 40 hours should be okay.

First of all, i do not know about all features of the game and honestly i do not know if in Arma 3 will be DAMAGE system like in every other shooter games but if in Arma 3 gonna be DAMAGE system then i wanna suggest something.

Instead of damage system you should make a system where there is just a deadly range for every weapon. Make it the way that there is certain range for every weapon to penetrate bulletproof jacket and to kill depending on its caliber.

For example with a pistol (except the big caliber ones like DESERT EAGLE etc)you cant kill a soldiers that wears bulletproof jacket from 200 meters even if you shoot 100 times but with rifle you can, the same goes for different weapons wiith different calibers.

But ofcourse if you shoot with pistol in the face or from side (where bulletproof jacket does not cover your body) from 200 meters or even more the victim should die.

Sorry for bad English , we just need to say bye to DAMAGE system in shooters (especially in army simulator), its just not realistic.

[add on]

By "DAMAGE system" I mean the system where u got Health and every shot does certain damage , it exists in every shooter, what im asking is to get rid of it. There is no hit point system in real life , bullet goes through buleltproof jacket or it does not , if bullet does not from 200 meters away then it wont do it even if you shoot 50 bullets.

Edited by Foxhound
merged to prevent discussion

I was reading the second part of the PCGamer interview today and noticed something interesting, specifically, how the settings work in game. The example given was that, depending on your setup, setting shadows to high would be better for FPS than normal because it would move the calculations from your taxed CPU to your relatively unused GPU.

Why not tell the player that in the option menu itself? Either in tooltips("This option is currently being calculated on the CPU instead of the GPU, not recommended if the GPU is more recent", or something like that) or in the drop down menu (Low [CPU], Normal [CPU], High [GPU], etc).

I was reading the second part of the PCGamer interview today and noticed something interesting, specifically, how the settings work in game. The example given was that, depending on your setup, setting shadows to high would be better for FPS than normal because it would move the calculations from your taxed CPU to your relatively unused GPU.

Why not tell the player that in the option menu itself? Either in tooltips("This option is currently being calculated on the CPU instead of the GPU, not recommended if the GPU is more recent", or something like that) or in the drop down menu (Low [CPU], Normal [CPU], High [GPU], etc).

I'm totally down with this idea. BIS should provide some option for the game to scan your system and then be able to set your graphics to the best looking with the highest possible FPS. Several years after release I'm still fiddeling around with this in Arma II.

1) Some climb possibility for soldiers would be very good in this game and ofcourse very risky if you get attacked while you climbing.

2) Add different types of running (for example : steps, slow run, fast run) , and soldier should become tired after running depending on the type of running, for example soldier can walk nonstop without problem hald a day (thus whole mission) but he gets tired after 1 hour of nonstop slow running, after 5 minutes of medium running and after 30- 60 seconds of maximum running speed and needs some time to recover his breath and condition.

3) When soldier is tired after running or wounded, make it so that its difficult to aim and weapon shakes much more and breath is much faster after running.

Edited by tamernator

After Action Review / Game Recorder

Like simple version of VBS2 AAR

Doesn't matter if ragdoll or ballistics vary a bit for each playback.

Just need position, rotation, firing, damage recorded.

Please :notworthy:

(This could facilitate my dream of seeing ARMA on television ;))

Edited by EDcase

AI:

*A good way to increase the single player experience, and just the game in general, would be to incorporate something like a AI commander. What I was thinking it could do is A) You place the module, a couple of Objectives, and then when you start the game, the AI randomly generates way points for all the squads (kind of like PlannedAssault). The other way I was thinking of doing this is B) A system like Hetman AI, where the AI is in a high commander like position and can do things on the fly (this would have benefits and make more realistic situations, such as - Squad 2 just got cut off, so instead of carrying on the assault, Squad 3 and 4 get airlifted back to base, rearm, and go and rescue Squad 2). This would be great for anyone, especially a single player gamer, because now you can recreate all of those 100 player operation coop's without having to join a unit xD.

Equipment:

- A photo camera (for recon missions)

I would like to expand on this and rather say improve the inventory system so that:

Objects (incl. a camera, but also artillery shells, tongs, hammers, pretty much loads of "utility items" - oh, and obviously the hated wrench :D) can be picked up and put into inventory if you have room for it. All items should add weight to the updated stamina system. Rest assured that mission and addon users would make use of it. For missions, they add "potential usability" without having to resort to addons, compared to "imaginary items" which I'm not a big fan of.

1. Vapor trails coming off jets' wings in tight turns. Done by modders in Arma1 & 2. Such a simple thing but it improves the look no end.

XGhXy.jpg

2. Pic of the Bradley's replacement

RiXgz.jpg

Would be nice for BLUFOR to have it but probably too late by now.

I think its already being reworked but just in case...

Improved 5.1 surround support.

In ARMA2 surround effect (direction) is completely lost when within 10m of the source.

(Directional acuity should reduce closer to the source but not be lost completely)

I actually have a few requests...

1) Better Squad Command. I know it's been mentioned before, so I won't go heavily into detail here. But, I do want Squad members to react to your commands, move faster when an area has been called Secure (or when you call secure) and other such niceties that makes the position of AI squad command as promising and fun as playing in an AI squad as a member.

2) Same goes for High Command. Give them a brain, please; better reaction, having the AI move faster but just as precise, have them spread out more, have them engage targets of priority and higher threat, and so on and so forth. I absolutely hate being High Command in ArmA II's campaign and solo missions, and I'm sure it is only fun over the 'net. Please, make this all more appealing for the junior tactical buff, as it would be nice for the AI to live up to your grand strategy.

3) Better car physics, but hopefully PhysX should take care of that.

4) Better AI drivers. Please, I don't need to take five minutes to move a Humvee off onto a road.

5) Last one, hopefully-Improve how the stealth system works in the game. I know there really isn't one so to speak, but it is frustrating to try to sneak into an enemy base undetected (like in the CO solo mission, Jackal) and get away with it. This isn't realism, this is like having them all have eagle eyes. I'm not asking for your guy to be Sam Fisher (or worse, Ezio Auditore, who can hide anywhere and in anything, and the guards simply don't notice all), but at least give me the ability to move quickly and quietly around the enemy.

Opinions?

Question: Should "extreme" gore be a feature in this game? I know you can mod the amount of blood present after you shoot an enemy but I'm not sure if you can mod character models to lose limbs, heads, and show entrails. Is it needed? Would it add to the "realism" aspect of this game?

Better terrain: bridges, rivers (check out Skyrim), better urban designs, cities that actually resemble real life.

This :bounce3:

this has probably been mentioned .... I'd like to see psyhX commands for scripting

gravity = 1; //default

gravity = .16 //moon mission

setweight;

setmass; //if we have water/air resistance

I've got a few ideas that I think would vastly improve Arma III.

1. Voice control. I currently use VAC and I can't imagine anything much better, but if it were integrated into Arma3 (perhaps BIS could do a deal with the author) so that the manual could list the voice commands and explain how to use it, I think it would make Arma3 much more accessible as having to remember the number key shuffle is cumbersome and must put a lot of users off. Many people would still want to buy VAC to control their other games but even so I think it would be great to have voice control integrated into Arma3.

2. I don't actually understand this, but I'm passing on what I've been told by others who seem to know what they're talking about! I use FaceTrackNoIR, so I don't know if the same problem applies to TrackIR or FreeTrack but apparently it can't be used for infantry because "The important problem with ArmA is that collimated sights aren't really collimated. So there's the problem with parallax when aiming. Also there's no way for modders to implement it." and "You are right: face-tracking and infantry don't go along that well. Actually, I think the ArmA devs should be able to improve this: when running, most axis should be disabled or severely filtered.", so if these issues can be resolved to enable facetracking to be used with Arma3 that would be great.

3. Do away with the requirement to enable/disable mods before launching the game. When connecting to a multiplayer server, it should automatically disable any mods not permitted on that server as it's a real pain to enable certain mods, launch the game, then find you can't get on that server or decide you want to move to a different one and have to exit the game, load a different mod profile (in Arma II Launcher or Six Updater) and restart Arma. Obviously the user will still need to setup whatever mods they want to use for single-player, but if Arma3 would just recognise all the @ folders and then have a way to switch mod profiles in-game (so you could have one profile for the SP campaign, which doesn't work well with any mods in my experience, another profile for mission X, etc) that would be much less fiddly. In fact, it would be even better if missions could specify which mods should/shouldn't be used and have Arma3 auto disable them when starting the mission in the same way as when joining a server.

4. Have an option to make the UI much larger for users playing on their TVs. Particularly the Action menu text is much too small from such distances, but various other items are too. There's some good mods for Arma2 to help by increasing the size of the Ammo count, etc but a simple option to make the UI text, etc large enough to easily read from the sofa would be much easier.

5. Make the keyboard/joystick config screen much more user-friendly. I can't see any reason why it only occupies a small section of the screen, which means when you have a keyboard key + a joystick button/axis mapped to a function, you can't read the latter without opening the dialog for that function. I only map my joystick axis' in Arma2 and use Xpadder for the buttons so that I can use modifers to use one button for multiple functions, so an option to wipe the button mapping and just map the axis' to the relevant functions would save a lot of time as well. DCS uses quite a nice dialog, with separate columns for keyboard, mouse and joystick, so perhaps that's something that could be considered. Giving the sensitivity dialog a numerical readout/entry box would also make it a lot easier for users to see exactly what it's set to and adjust it precisely by typing in a number, without having to edit the .cfg. Also, the control config should have an external app, so that the controls can be setup without needing to launch Arma3, which would make it a lot quicker as users could easily refer to webpages and other documents whilst doing the config without having to keep alt-tabbing out of Arma3.

6. This has probably already been said many times before, but get rid of the ridiculous step-over animation and change it to something more like a jump, at least when running. I'm not suggesting players should be able to run around bunny-hopping like in other games, it's just incredibly annoying trying to step over a fence or low wall as it's so fiddly and half the time you end up staying in the same place after flapping your legs about!

7. This is a request NOT to do something! Please don't make Arma3 depend on my extra mouse buttons, as I need to use one to activate VAC and another to activate Teamspeak. It proved impossible trying to use keyboard combos (i.e Alt+Pgup) mapped to my mouse buttons for these, as Arma2 still sees just PgUp, so when I found that I could just map my mouse buttons 4 and 5 for these directly (and button 6 to Capslock for VON/Acre) it made my life much easier.

Make an soldiers run speed depend on how much weighs his equipment , it will add realism.

So far this game has everything I want but there are three things I really want to see:

Gameplay:

-Shooting trees/buildings with tanks/IFVs/helicopters/artillery and so on .... results in fragments that are potentially harmful to infantery.

-Different ammunition types for tanks (e.g. ABM/AP/HE/HEAT/rockets) (Maybe even some different slugs for the Railgun?)

-We've seen that the tanks seem to feature hardkill-systems but how about ERA, smoke, softkill-systems?

-More complicated damage model for vehicles than a hitpoint system

Weapons:

-AN-94

-AS VAL

-VSS Vintorez

or the future equivaltens of these weapons

Edited by shuaijan

+Weapon resting

+Improved commanding interface: for example, if I fly an heli should be able to tell the gunner to target only vehicles or infantry (a key should be used to change between both), cuz if there are 2 cars and 33 soldiers it is a mess to find the cars on the list. Same thing when we are as infantry or tanks commanders.