Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I would really love to see bullet casings that stay on the ground for some time (if not for ever)

this has probebly already been mention.

The swedish army.

Sweden is a member of NATO, so wye not?

Sorry for bad english.

Some of these may have already been mentioned, other may not.

Here I go...

1. Fast Roping
  2. HALO jumping
  3. Parachuting
  4. Standing within a moving Plane/Helicopter
  5. Shooting from Helicopter door
  6. AI that can drive better on land
  7. AI that can pilot better in their air
  8. Two or more turrets on wheeled vehicles (this for example)
  9. Mid Air refueling
  10. Different walking animations for a holstered/upholstered sidearm (especially if it's your only weapon as if you were doing a protection detail)
  11. Enter/Exit vehicle animations that do not "skip"
  12. Carry two primary weapons or two secondary weapons
  13. Chaffs & Flairs
  14. More Air to Air Combat
  15. More Sea based combat
  16. AI can land/take from Aircraft Carrier
  17. Faster Insertions/Extractions when AI is driving/Piloting
  18. Vehicle towing another Vehicle
  19. Lifting/Slinging items to Helicopters
  20. Better Wounded Animations & side effect
  21. Ability to carry Medical Equipment (IV, gauges, morphine, etc..)
  22. Various attachments for Riffles, Handguns & Sniper Riffles

These are some of the things I'd like to see Standard on Arma3

ability to cancel animations mid way through.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or is already in the game but an electric system would be great you know being able to turn on/off lights in a building, while the lights are being powered by an actual generator giving the player options like creating,repairing,sabotaging,destroying them (maybe generators that work with fuel) leaving new ways of infiltrating enemy bases and or setting up electricity in abandoned buildings.

Jumping, so when you are on a roof and you fall off a chest high part of it, you can climb back up. Or a better vaulting system/button that lets you climb/vault/etc.

I would love to have an option to COMPLETELY disable head bob, because when I run things do not shake around like that. Also, it makes me feel kinda sick.

I want to get it Kinect enabled ,Rainbow Six Patriots has only 16 people on the project of making that game ready for that camera it is that will make it able for us to add an aircraft carrier with fully working ability to add gestures for the crew to launch and even add weapons onto aircraft-this way we can add the possebility to shoot trough windows of cars

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

What about adding those things that we see in the addon from Flightsimulator FSX called F-15 "MuddHen":Working MFD`s ,weapons,it`s Nav System.

Or F-18 Suberbug addon.Super fantastic addon that shows you a allmost complete system overvuive of a modern fighterplane.

I want to see a drop-down list of smart scripts that we can add to cars,boats or houses to put rocket pods onto "Technicals"(Libyan freedom fighters)

Phalinx AAA Gun System onto a boat by simple" attach_to" script + Attachment Points/Hard Points or Drag and Drop.

Open and shut Big Doors like on a Firestation.What about a Airport Firestation that is acctually manned,with working Radar and automated air AAA

and a few F4 Phantom jets on stand by .Maybe we can get it in Community Alpha,with MB 339 Light Attack Aircraft?

That`s what I like to see in the first release.

You might use the Cool one from Polish Army DLC

Can we please get a working Ejection Seat? And maybe even a working Life Vest as an item to equip?And a Pilot Bag with a Ghile Suit,knife ,Flashlight and Markers from Ace 2.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

If you would like to put in Kinect-controlled Guestures in the game you can easely give all the orders that you one can think of,by just waveing you`re hands and arms in a certain manor,tht anyone can do allready.

That will fix the Order System once and for all.And it will only need Kinect for Windows and 16 coders.If that. And give us a whole new world....Cheaply.And Tax the System allmost nothing.

Now that`s a Bargain!

Edited by John1000
Forgetfull.....Sorry

im a bit surprised i couldnt find the suggestion yet (maybe i overread it): i would love to see an animation when a soldier is taking aim and is looking through a scope, other optics or just ironsight. theres a difference between just looking around with the gun ready or taking aim and focusing on a shot and it would be great to get a visual response to that action .

I`ve solved the issue of Welding under water:You use the effect from the Blow-torch from Battlefield 2 game or Arma 2 and add a streched-out hole

that makes a cut-out door in the side of a wreck to gain access to the inside cavity (room).Then Snap_to_Surface a room with AirLock and if it`s a big ship,you have a base underwater operations.

Make a big door and you can put you`re Sub there.Put it in deep water and use Light Sticks to mark a road to it if you want.

If there are those Containers you see in the videos,add a hole and raise them standing up,put a missile in it and you get a Remotely Operated Weapon System to shoot down helicopters.

This video shows an issue with ArmA 2 3rd person animations. When you're in 3rd person and turn slightly, your body plays an animation that causes your point of aim to lag behind, which leads to many a missed shot in ArmA, sometimes in very, very bad situations.

It would be nice to have a chance to make private markers on the map. (Direct channel markers can still be seen by nearby players)

While it is inspired by DayZ, it would also be benificial to any such concept of a persistent world, carrying the same character over to different days and on different servers. In such environments it would be nice if such (or even any) markers made by the player character carried over as well (but that might be out of BIS "responsibility", but in the hand of the mission/environment creator).

Ok, first of all. Yes I know Arma isn't a flight simulator, but I believe with the recent developments by the modding community and the advancements made to the engine BIS has the oppertunity to take flying in arma to a whole new level. Let me explain.

I'm a real flyboy so I always keep an eye out for new addons and mods that enhance the flying experience in Arma. I recently came across two video's of addon makers that really showed the capacity of the Arma 2 engine.

These video's show how much more detaill and functionality's can be added to airplanes in Arma 2. It made me wonder, with the bigger enviroments we're gonna see in Arma 3, and het overall inhancements to the simulation of interiors of vehicles with, for example, the TOH flight models, what the possibility's could be in Arma 3.

One of the first things that came to my mind was fully functional and simulated MFD's in fighter jets, helicopter gunships and even tanks and/or apc's. In the Arma 2 vanilla version we had MFD's in some cockpits wich gave us limited information.

0.jpg

But in several Arma 3 trailers we could se the Fennek APC which comes with a backward looking camera that almost continuesly feeds information (in this case the rear view) to the player. I think that if that is possible, we should also be able to implement fully simulated MFD's and HUD's in aircraft and other armorde vehicles much like you would see in an air combat simulator like DCS:

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/images/all_101c_015.jpg (113 kB)

Ultimatly I also believe it should be possible to switch between mutliple "screens" so to say like was shown in the Battlefield 3 Thunder Run mission @4:37

I know that such features have already been added by several mods like Mando Missle. But those mostly consisted of camera angels with a certain filter and a simple point a click mechanic that was completely seperated from the aircraft itself resulting in a buggy and unsmooth experience (with all due respect to the addon makers ofcourse).

Mando missle:

0.jpg

Now I'm not just trying to force my will on the BIS developers and turn Arma into a flight simulator. I believe it a very feasible to add these features not only to aircraft but also to ground vehicles to extend its capability's beyond just one role and goal. And I think that the new engine can handel it even better then the old one.

I also think that with the bigger enviroments the demand for well simulated flying is gonna grow withing the community, and that it will greatly add onto the entire Arma 3 experience.

If features such as these are not in the vanilla version, all I can ask of the BIS developers is to give the community the right tools to continue on modding an modeling like shown in the first two clips.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

The ability to organize the ammo in your mags would be great and or see how many bullets they currently have while you are in your gear menu.

i know they don't automerge for a reason but we should be able to do it manually even if it takes some time. In arma 2 sometimes i had a mag or two with less bullets and well had hard time when i finded extra ammo on the floor, and didn't knew what mags were the ones with less ammo.

- been watching the E3 videos and you guys have got to give an option to disable that zoom in "focus" feature

i know this isn't discussion thread but wow the ragdoll looks great hey. loving that an enemy will drop his weapon as soon as he is dead.

- add in the ability to have your weapon shot from your hands or drop it from the shock of an impact and do the same for the ai so you can snipe weapons from peoples hands etc would be awesome. i dunno i just feel that being hit by a bullet should shock you. more realistic wounding aswell please. get a doctor involved lol or an ex army medic who knows about general and limb combat surgery (general meaning torso and abdominal region surgery). its basically just stop blood, incision, cauterize and suture, morphine and fluid replacement, and done. there are some awesome "surgery simulators" for pc which you guys could maybe get ideas from

- a quick way to throw inventory items to other players within throwing range ie right click the item, select "throw to", a list of players in throwing range pops up, click the player and type the amount to throw, and then it does it. or right click item, then click "in hand" (transfers item to players hands) and then throw manually like grenades might be better.

far as ive seen theres actually no use of right click in the inventory gui. could streamline a lot by using it.

again, i know this isnt discussion, but i just love how much better the deaths are in the arma 3 videos, how instant they are. adds such realism. i cant wait. i really cant haha

- oh ya agree on the loading your own magazines so you can load tracers where you like etc

Edited by mistermdg

I enjoy flying in ARMA titles more than anything else in the game, and alot of us Rotary junkies have clung to ARMA since it came out as the last truely solid rotary title was JANES combat simulations "Longbow 2" which was what 15+ years ago?

Dont get me wrong DCS Black Shark was an amazing sim, but I'm not into flying just one craft (much less russian only)

ArmA also has something no other heli "sim" has out there, true role playability. Only in ArmA can you fly a Blackhawk, well with at least a decent flight model, and transport troops across a large piece of terrain, use NOE flight, insert to specified landing areas via MAP markers (i really wish they would make those a little more convienent to see in multiplayer so it isnt such a pain to go in and out of map to search for the landing zone while in flgiht) and much more....

same with using the Cobra to support friendly forces while suppressing an enemy position

ArmA is the most fun I've had out of the military hands down, and a lot of it is done right, but please, make the 3rd time the charm! nail the helicopter flight models down a little more, I'm not expecting Flight Sim quality, but please make them a little more realistic, some of the things I watch people do with helicopters in multiplayer games just makes me sick.

Thanks

Blake

ps. Im beyond words of expression excited for ArmA 3!!!!!! God bless you BIS!!!!

ps ps...... I appreciate your recommendation in my other thread SniperWolf, but I'm not looking to play Take ON Helicopters, I play Arma for the immersion, working online with real players who want to attack objectives on the ground, need resources moved to support their mission ect........I'll be buying Arma 3 regardless of if the flight model is the same as #2, ill just be really bummed if there isnt further improvement (as Arma2 was still an improvement over 1, so I hope 3 continues this trend!)

Being able to see what kind of magazine is inserted into the weapon.

For example, if a player has a Beta-C mag loaded into his G36, it would show a Beta-C instead of a G36 mag on the model.

Amfibious assault/ submarine insertion missions with LHD

It would be nice, if you could make "your own" magazines.

Like having different Ammotypes in one Mag.

Also, you should be carefull to add the Ammo in the right order.

So, If you would like to have the last 5 rounds as tracer, to indicate you, that the mag is running low,

you have had to add these 5 rounds first.

CIT

I know its copy and paste, but i'am too lazy to write xD

What I'd like to see from ArmA 3 is a bigger focus on free camera options, perhaps even 'machinima' options. In Mission Editor or when a certain module is placed in an SP scenario, you should be able

to unhook freely from the character and move around, zoom, tilt and whatever you like - Perhaps even be able to set up easy 'recorded' camera movements. Also, the ability to pause / unpause a scenario would be sweet.

Would love to see a native implementation, for better machinimas, screenshots and hopefully the free cam could work in multiplayer as a spectator mode alternative to the crow / seagull and would also allow a commander to have a battle overview if required or a trainer overview.

EDIT: And if there's some really daft people who would think it'd be available everywhere, any time - No. It's of course defined in the mission itself by the maker and always available when in the mission editor.

Edited by Sethos