Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

gameplay:

@smk pack implementation seems awesome, but speed of movement just kills it. why do you need to use additional animations if you can just run and gun?

from what i see the speed of running with weapon up is way too fast. same about running in any stances.

arma will end up as run&gun game?..

please, slow it down. apealing to public in nice, but realism should come in first place, right?

effects:

blood on screen is quite overused effect, may be ACE white/bright flashes when you are getting shot will fit a bit better? or just red flashes.

anything but not blood on screen

physx:

seen a guy flying 10 meters at e3 demonstration video, hope it will be tweaked. ( give ragdolls more mass, make ragdolls more woody, we aren't made from rubber afterall. and after being shot we aren't turning into skeletonless octopus )

------------------------------

except these moments ^ seems like a perfect arma game to me.

also some little things like separated weapons controll in helicopters/planes and fast ropes will make it even better

Edited by n7snk

One thing I REALLY wish to see?

A MUCH BETTER civilian module.

People in houses, in cars, in schools, in offices, in supermarkets, going around, getting back home in the evening...

Real life, you know?

So that it doesn't look like a souped up airsoft game after all.

Especially in MP.

After all a number of simple FSMs more shouldn't be too much to code.

Ok, i have to bring this one up again:

A very simple feature, that could enhance the maneuverability (<- is that correct?^^) dramtically.

Measured to the effort it takes, the relation with its effect on Gameplay is almost unbeatable.

(of course it sounds naive to guess the programming effort)

As i already mentioned, i would be glad to see the option for an "invertet Freelook" behavior.

Currently we release the "Freelook" Button and our "Wonder-Neck" snaps back to the center, after this

we turn our virtual body - stiff like a stick, into the desired direction, wich is in MOUT/CQB mostly the

same direction our head was turned to shortly before.

Current behaviour:

We do: Freelook, see a contact -> Snap back to middle -> Turn back the whole body and re-aquire the Target.

Every living beeing (with forward looking eyes) turns the Head first and the body follows after it.

I know this is very controversial, because the older OFP among us vets could think: ".. c'mon it worked good as it is for

over 10 years now, no need to change it..". But it is really worth to give it a try.

hugh.

fREAk

@erupter & fREAk.

Mind reading the topic title? Both infraction +1.

Posts removed.

Gameplay

I would like to see an option to set seasons for maps. Like winter, spring, summer and autumn with perhaps some advanced options like we have now : Raining, clouds, sun shines, snowing, snow rain, blizzard.

Weapons

SG 552 Commando

Or

SIG 550

Edited by Interceptor

Ability to choose AI Personality (in editor). eg. Aggresive (won't cover, will aggresively attack,will suicidely replacing),regular soldier (will cover, will attack,will replacing),defensive (will be still under cover, will defend and will stay in position),civilian (will lie down if any fire), zombie (won't lie down, will attack/infect all in sight), ability to create custom AI personality - choose If will use covers, if will attack/defend...)

distance scale on map

intercommunication between ai ie code so that any ai within 50 meters of an ai who has spotted/heard you will know your approximate location within 5 seconds of the first ai spotting/hearing you because we can assume the first ai will have called out directions to the other ai

I was thinking about the community reaction to the blood-on-the-screen thing for revealing the pain of being shot. I was thinking that red is good, and I certainly get the blood bit, and I personally don't mind it... I was thinking as an alternative image for body-pain-feedback might be the image of the player' character's own retina... It's red, and fleshy, and gives you an abstract indication of the inner perception of the player's own body. I think it would be a striking image.

Regarding in PIP in vehicles. In the videos its not so clear, so maybe obsolet. COuld you make it so that the Rear and Front cam dont delivers a slide show to the monitor? Of course it is limited to the lower fps, but I mean dont switch pictures just blend them into each other that way it looks smoother more like movement.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120608/nvmugi6o.jpg

hard:

soft:

thats just blend, nothing else.. shouldnt be too processor intensive. It is also maybe more believable, as the in game PIP monitors could be some older (but military failproof) TFT technique or sth...

on a second thought, hmm maybe its not soo good either, because with all that blending there is not much steady picture, but one could adjust the blending time, maybe this could enhance it a bit.. had to see it in action. And maybe something like this is already in the game, but I cant see it clearly with the E3 Stuff...

Edited by tremanarch

I personally would love to see an build-in IDE for scripting in the Editor. Stuff like Code-completion, debugging and so on would make modding far more easier.

Edit: Ignore the 'title'-thingie somehow my first captcha try slipped in there

Edited by Graf_Blutwurst
not appearing wierd

To the dev:

I have see the same sky model as take on helicopters, but the cloud bug still happen in arma 3:

=> ToH cloud bug ( more revelant on right cloud ) :

=> ArmA 3 cloud bug ( more revelon on left cloud ):

Is it a feature or it will be fixed ?

+ friend ask:

On the video America's Army 2 we can see a person who enters / exits and moves in the vehicle, lever to advance or accelerate normally or backward, seat belt, which allows reduce wounds at impact ...

Is it possible to have in arma3 the animations in the game even a little more immersive or too late?

• Seat belt for reduce wound at impact
  • Animation while changing into differents seats
  • Break key insted reverse

Ty,

Edited by MisTyK

RTT utility.

The RTT application is certainly looking very nice, with rear view cameras, working mirrors and tv screens to navigate by. I'm curious, however, if RTT can render different visual modes to that of the main scene? So, as with many British Vehicles these days, whilst the driver may be in normal vision mode, a centre console tv screen could show a thermal or night vision scene concurrently?

@da12thMonkey & Messiah

Both of you need to know better, this is a no discussion thread.

Since this topic reached 100 pages I am handing out infractions, I did it the nice way 100 pages long.

idea:

injury visual effects:

what about addding film grain and or stuff like this 360ce187db86.gif with ringing in ears if you are injured and it goes worse the lower your health

or other stuff, so if you are injured you clearly see it

I don't think that I've posted in this thread yet, and I rarely do it in such settings, but here goes,

Seeing as (ragdoll) physics & PhysX is a wish-come-true for me, I list the following: Compartmentalised armour simulation extended to interior of the armoured vehicles, i.e. crew compartments, which if penetrated by AT rounds, kill OR wound the crew, but don't necessarily destroy the tank outright; ammunition storage compartments, which, again, when hit result in catastrophic destruction for the whole vehicle, such as seen in default ArmA II / OA tank explosions.

TL;DR - Proper armour simulation, please!

An Arma 3 themed minifridge.

Something to store those drinks in near the computer while playing, you know.

(I just tried playing the first PMC mission with Smookie's animation mod.)

Please either delegate the collision detection in buildings to PhysX or rework it/add a secondary collision check.

How about the ability to mantle a surface? If my chopper gets shot out from under me and I find myself at the base of a cliff or some other tough terrain, I should be able to scale it. Or at least attept to. If there's a heating oil tank next to a house with a fence next to it and I'm running, I should be able to jump up and try to mantle over the object. Or if I want to get to the roof of the low building I'm next to, I should be able to mantle up from a nearby car or something. Not saying I want to do what those kids in Russia do for sport or anything (parcore?), but I should be able to do what humans can, climb and use my hands and feet :)

Edited by Streaks

Again for the hundredth time http://i.imgur.com/3fH2Q.jpg scopes showing your POV instead of black surroundings. It isn't the 90s anymore, graphics and technology are good now. Such an outdated feature.

In ArmA 2, we are presently able to command units 2 -10 via F2 - F10 and then units 11 and 12 plus however many more there are by hitting F12 and then using F1-F10 again.

In ArmA 3, I think it would be a great idea to make it so that 2 - 12 can be selected by using F2-F12 (like in OFP/ArmA:CWA) IF you only have 12 units in your team. If you get 13 or higher I think it should switch to ArmA 2's style. 11 & 12 would still stay 11 and 12 but would then have to be selected from the second page after using F12.

The reason I think this would be an improvement is because it is kind of a pain in the ass / clunky to have a 12 man squad and have to keep switching back and forth between pages to check their status or give commands. I feel that with only 12 men this isn't necessary since you could easily command them from F2-F12. Once you get the 13th man in the squad it becomes necessary to switch and I understand that. However, it seems more fluid to command 12 men just using F2-F12 and you have said you are aiming for fluidity.

Probably been mentioned, but perhaps aiming deadzone could be changed in ArmA 3 if they keep it around, instead of having the screen only move when the weapon hits the edge of the deadzone, maybe they could do it Red Orchestra 2 style in which the screen moves when you move your mouse, but your gun is also moving across the screen as well. If they did that and stopped deadzone from kicking in when the weapon is lowered, then I think it would be a much more attractive option to have enabled for everybody.

Infraction +1 for mikelt006 for discussing in a no discussion thread.

- what about that system where you hold a button down and a circle showing alll ur current units appears centred on the mouse cursor and then you drag ur mouse to the one/ones you want and select units that way

Subject Editing:

- standardized output of position arrays (x/y/z-axis, getPos, position and in SQM files). It would make the copy&paste handling better...