Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Firstly, great job on the animations, absolutely amazing! If you want it to go further in regards to a GL, here are some suggestions...

GL Animation/Grip Request:

For those interested, there are two types of griping techniques or holds you can use on an M203, M320 or any compatible GL.

The conventional under the barrel hold and release, as pictured below, which is great when using the leaf sight for longer distance targets.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/-images/2007/05/14/4985/army.mil-2007-05-18-094619.jpg

We've all seen it because we have it in Arma 2 currently...

...But there is one we lack, a Close Quarter Battle related griping technique, as per video below.

Time Frame; 1:45 and onwards!

"Rye: 'I saw a grip you used on the M203 on an episode of Tactical Arms/Impact a while back, you were talking about how accurately you could get it and how useful the range of 40mm's were... You turned it on it's side, still up by the shoulder and shot it through a small window. What is this grip/hold called?'

Redback One [Jason Falla - ex-Australian Special Forces]: 'Rye, there really isn't a name to the technique. That's what we teach at RB1 for targets inside of 100 meters with little to no time to get onto the quadrant sights. Also by turning it 'palm-down' so the right side of the weapon is upper most (right handed shooter), you will mitigate the Barrel-Sight offset when firing internally during urban warfare. This will enhance security as soldiers will not have to overexpose themselves when firing through windows etc.'"

Used by Greek/Hellenic Special Forces and Australian Special Forces for Close Quarter accuracy.

GL Attachment Request:

There are many actual combat-proven products out there many soldiers use for their M203 or GL system. I believe that currently there will be less situated for customisation around the Grenade Launchers. There are other products to go along with the new side-opening Grenade Launchers like the HK M320 too, so don't miss out on a customised M203.

An example, as below, which decreases reload times...

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/rifle_hot_rails_1-tfb.jpg

http://www.m203grip.com/M203grip-control.JPG

For more information on the M203 Grip, please visit: http://www.m203grip.com/iraq-report.htm, thanks!

For more references of good CQB gaming features, check out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

Good luck BIS! You could be way ahead of these guys if you worked on it.

Edited by Rye
References for cool ideas...

Since we will have more combat stances in ARMA3 as seen in the "E3 2012 sneak preview" it would be really nice if we could scroll through them instead of pressing different keys.

i.e. Crtl+mouse wheel scroll.

The transaction between the different stances already looks very fast and fluent so who knows, maybe it's already in. :)

I would like to see more real life zeroing range with the sniper rifles, for instance i read the m107 has an effective range of +1800m but the zeroing only goes till 1200m. Maybe give more options with sniper rifles, like with the ACE mod.

Why not implement some outstanding Mods, like ACE, Mando, Zeus ai and others that people like and use that give depth and realism in game? Pay the guys to do it and add it in the patch 1.32 or something.

Why not implement some outstanding Mods, like ACE, Mando, Zeus ai and others that people like and use that give depth and realism in game? Pay the guys to do it and add it in the patch 1.32 or something.

Was just coming in here to post something similar....:)

Some kind of in-game community mod browser and installer\manager would be a good idea. Having stats showing what the mod is about, the author, comments, links, how many times downloaded and whatever else there may be.

Please, please, please make a better, more complete Unit Capture/Unit Play feature for Arma 3. The Unit Capture/Unit play function for Arma 2 is very useful but very limited. It captures flight data and fire data from helicopters and planes but the engine still thinks the unit is on the tarmac so flaps are down with planes in flight. It would be great to use this function on vehicles and soldiers too(currently does not work on them). Ideally a full battle record feature with the ability to play it back and watch from any 3D position you want in the replay, or use code from select units in the replay for play back in a mission or video. So in summary here us what I want the most being a machinima maker:

-Advanced, more complete version of Unit Capture/Unit Play or Battle Recorder that records everything or nearly everything for play back(machinima makers dream!)

-A fully functional free roam cam that is very similiar to Gigan's GCam mod

Would be great if the control schemes for helicopters and fixed-wing planes can be separated.

e.g. I personally prefer W for nose down and S for nose up for helicopters, but the other way round for fixed-wing planes.

The idea behind, in case one wants to know, is that when flying helicopters, nose down means moving forward, so I prefer to use W. But when flying a fixed-wing plane, W and S don't mean forward or backward, instead they mean up and down(relative to the pilot). So in that case I usually prefer to use W for nose up and S for nose down.

Some games with both helicopters and fixed-wing planes like BF3 and Just Cause 2 also have separate controls for them.

I'd like to see a better armory than the A2's one. It really sucks! The last mission i've received was in Utes, steal an f-18 from the big boat... Wtf?:\

An armory improvement I'd like to see is being able to choose the mission, and not have to wait for a random mission to get assigned.

if Armed Assault 3 añadiesen all you have the VBS2 would be amazing

I've noticed that while driving vehicles, your passengers, whether AI or human, sit there with no expression on their face/body, only having the occasional blink. It would be nice to see some animations such as covering the head whilst under fire, or just moving a little while idle, instead of staring indifferently into space while their surrounding squad mates are blasted into oblivion. These animations would probably be best in vehicles like Humvees and other light vehicles, where it's more dangerous/open, as opposed to an APC or Chinook. This would also go nicely with the open vehicles feature, where you could walk around the larger vehicles (C130, etc...) as it moved.

According to new flooding pic by Karel on Twitter....

Aukglt6CEAQoFmr.jpg:large

there is a good chance we'll get Přerov. More interesting fact is that Czechs have a base nearby where Hinds are stationed (info by SmukY[sBP]) ;)

Google shot of the town: click.

Game play: Since this thread is so long I read in on some random pages and didn't see this but if it is here I would like to support the Idea of good penetration ballistics not just meaning the ability to shoot through wood and other thin\flimsy objects but the affects of this both in the possibility of redirection of the bullet but also with the speed and mushrooming affects of this. I know that is a tall order but its an Idea I'm allowed to dream.

Game Engine: One I would love to see improved from ARMA II is input lag on the mouse it always seems behind even with mouse smoothing and VSYNC off. I am sure this has been said but I would like to put my vote in on that being very important. it pulled me out of the experience constantly and really killed the game for me at times.

BIS keep your weapon creators/designers up-to-date: Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) will introduce its new family of grenade launchers, the IWI GL40, compatible with all types of assault rifles, at Eurosatory 2012, June 11-15. Have a look at autonomous operating vehicles for example as surveillance/guarding/transport units. Some of these things could be useful + authentic in A3 for Blufor and Opfor faction. :)

- system where you can open both eyes whilst looking through optics so you have a near and far image superimposed onto each other

1- soft body physics

As i understand, most of the money of the company is thanks to VBS.

Sadly, Crytek, the selfish and stingy company, fixed their only mistake with Cryengine 2 military simulation.

The physics.

With Cryengine 3 being able to simulate Soft body physics AND weapon, VBS is running risk to stop being used. Using a soft body physics for ArmA 3 and the VBS version of ArmA 3 would be a GREAT AND MAJOR improvement

2- being able to roll your head with Track IR. Not very usefull if you cant dodge a bullet like in Matrix, not very important, but realistic, and that's why i suggest it.

3- 3D scopes.

For being a mil sim company, i am amazed you guys did the very same mistake on ArmA since OFP, same with ArmA 2, and i cant understand why no one has ever mentioned that no scope cover your FOV at 100%, please, do not repeat the same mistake with ArmA 3, in the real world, the snipers need to have their eyes 9 cm more or less far away from their scopes, if they dont want to get an eyepatch for the rest of their lives.

4- Weapon jamming.

I cant understand how your weapon can get 100021312041290471280 shoots but all of them will:

a) bounce off

b) harm your arms

id love to see your weapon getting damage and breaking apart, after all, that's one of the advantages of being in the floor while shooting in real life, your weapon get the bullets, not you.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Was just coming in here to post something similar....:)

Some kind of in-game community mod browser and installer\manager would be a good idea. Having stats showing what the mod is about, the author, comments, links, how many times downloaded and whatever else there may be.

agree, just like in the new GMOD 13 BETA something like they use, i think an online addon browser would be a great idea, like downloading expantions to the game, but without ever exiting ArmA 3 or using Steam

Id like to also suggest to introduce features from VBS, like in the VBS 2 2.0 (ArmA 2 VBS i think) underwater movement inside a boat without being in water, realistic damage and physics modeling, realistic animations, etc.

Also, if the game is supposed to be a realistic survival campaign for the main campaign, why dont you guys make the guy get affected by the weather? like getting cold and having a cold, getting hot and de-hydration, if its raining the guy will get wet and make footprints, etc.

maybe they can improve the rainy weather a bit. Stormy days, wind, bending trees, thunder.. that could use some love. In ArmA 2 rain sometimes dissappeared.

for the osprey, pilot should be able to control the angle of the engines. for Arma 2, the osprey stalls at about 40 with the engines facing upward, and when you hit auto hover on, the whole plane suddenly stops stalling and becomes more manueverable than it was without the auto hover and in the same speed.

and for the jets, it accelerates to 200+way too quickly during take off! it just feels weird being able to take off in 10 seconds or less.

and there should be a proper damage model for the jets. like a blown off wing, blown off vertical stabilizers, plane blown into half, engine failure. and all that while we're still alive in the cockpit and we have a few seconds to eject!

how about a little more complicated weapons system for a10s when arming AGMs? not so complicated that we have to press numerous buttons just to arm it. we can select the AGM with a simple hotkey but we target by using the AGM camera and manually putting the crosshair over the target? i think it can be done for GBUs too right? i've not been able to play combat sims since my desktop died and i cant run any of them with my 5 year old laptop(im glad its able to run ARMA 2!)

- possibility to throw grenades into tanks and other armored vehicles through the main hatch and also through viewing slits. also possibility to lock the tank door from the inside to prevent this.

welding repair system

realistic vehicle repair and maintenance system

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

- maybe speak to these guys, see if they can put together a "combat medical treatment" suite that can be incorporated into ARMA 3

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/surgery.htm

1. better ordered hotkey menu

In Arma II it was a torture to edit the hotkeys.

This could be improved sooo easily! First: Make them orderable by name and by functionality.

If ordered by functionality - add paragraphs after each section!!

This would end the terror regime of BIs keyboardmenus;)

2. Better driver commands for your AI.

Dear developers. I hope you know how hard it is in Arma II to have your driver drive over terrain....

But if u think about how you are commanding your driver you will soon notice that there is no real difference in how you would drive the vehicle without AI driver.

You press right for driving right. You press left for driving left.

Keeping this in mind - fixing the AI driver is so easy! Just turn off the driver-AI if you command him directions! This way if u drive against a rock/tree the mistake is on the players side and not on the AIs side - and it would be a lot less frustrating!

GAMEPLAY

-Commanding your subordinates by speaking to microphone (speech recognition like in Tom Clancy's EndWar).

-Ability to climb about 2m high walls etc. Right now its hard to infiltrate a base if its surrounded by wall or to climb a good sniper position in cities.

-Better gear management.

-Fast roping from choppers.

-Grappling from roofs/hills.

GAME ENGINE

-Movement animation divided by body parts. So e.g. when you can change your weapon while running.

AI

-Information spread by communication between AI. For example when enemy sees you, he has to report it so the other knows (he could shout, radio it).

-You should add more unexpected behaviours for friendlies/enemies like surrender (already in ArmA 2), panicking, escaping, calling reinforcements etc.

EQUIPMENT

-Weapon straps for quicker weapon changing/drawing.

Custom faces!

There's one wish there about changing your texture + specular and such, but just to be sure, I'll add this more worded out.

Being able to create and use your own custom created texture.

Just like before. Maybe being able to have the file larger than 100kb in size this time around.