Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Rotary-Wing

U/M/SH-60 Black Hawk:

Door's open on both sides, fastrope attachment points 2ea., the ablitiy to roll like fix-wing.

EH-101 Merlin CSAR Mk512:

With two forward cabin M-134 Mini Guns, Third optional Ramp M240B, Working Ramp. the ablitiy to roll like fix-wing.

All Rotary-wing: the ablitiy to roll like fix-wing.

Rifles:

With rifles that have the ability to have different barrel lengths, and Caliber's. Examples the Mk.16/17 CQB and 16" barrels. The Barrett Rec7 has a 5.56 and 6.8 SPC.

I have another request to make ... Can may enter attack mode combat with a knife?

Userfriendly AI editing options aka AI interface so one can easily change/tune AI. Have an option to change some settings during preview would be great. :)

Gun weight

Judging by some firefight footages from Afghanistan it seems it's almost impossible to hold SAW (or other LMG) in ready-to-fire position as it is now in A2 when standing or walking (or jogging in tactical pace in ArmA3). I suggest aim distruption after a while depending on gun weight. This would make manual weapon lowering useful in combat. Raise speed should depend on gun weight. Currently raising M4 is too slow and raising SAW too fast. While it's good from milsim POV it's also good for PvP beacuse currently one can take M107 or M240 and use it as long range insta-kill tool (with enabled crosshair). First shot is always as accurate as pistol shot. This is another thing that would make smaller weapons such as pistols or SMGs useful in some situations. It should be covered in training.

PvP notes

• Victory in games with objective should depend only on results of this objective. For example currently in CTF game if flag scores are even the victory is decided by flag touches (and then kills). This isn't how CTF works! If scores are even victory must be decided in overtime. To not play indefinitely the respawn time in overtime shoud be increased by 10 seconds every 1 minute for example. Touches and kills should be only accounted to respective players in scoreboard so other could see how useful they were (as are saved shots on goal in ice hockey).
  • Attack & Defense mode clarification (first posted here). Team roles (attacker/defender) alternate each round. As bomb defusal or CA this mode should have proper spectating. It's really awesome mode and requires a lot of teamwork (while ppl in QL understand the rules they still don't understand proper tactics).

Hello. Could you please make the F2000's optional foregrip the Monolith Arms Tri-Rail System so it looks like a giant P90?

DSCN5779.jpg

Would also love to see the integrated scope version instead of the ugly railed Tactical model.

Could we see the Steyr Aug A3? I don't really know how it compares to other weapons. I just think it looks cool.

03442dac38.jpg

Another wish regarding the sounds department, or more specific: How the engine handles the function to playback and stop a sound.

I recorded an example of "Iron Front Liberation 1944" - just because though ;) I guess ArmA just works the same way.

The thing is, the engine just starts and stops the sound. YOu now say: "why not? this is okay!"

One could easily think so. But sounds that are startet and stopped just from 0 to 100% can produce noise. This has something to do with waveforms and the method how they are played. Very much technical detail would be needed in a foreign language. So I rather just present some sound examples in this video and try to explain in easy words what is all about:

First I present plain game video recording where I try to produce such stutter sounds.

Then I made these myself showing how the waveform looks.

The solution is: every sound that gets played should be faded in and out. Not long, a few milliseconds are enough to not produce the click, plop, stutter sounds.

Some Pictures in better detail:

1: http://s7.directupload.net/images/120528/tt2q6ukv.jpg

this is how a waveform looks like. And you see the abrupt cut / stop of it. There is a line that goes straight to zero after it. This is to show how it is handled in reality. Not all wave-editors are showing this, although they are all playing it this way!

These abrupt stops / cuts of the sound are generated by the engine which starts and stops the sound just so, no fade in / out.

2: http://s14.directupload.net/images/120528/ljjar6my.jpg

here i made some cuts myself to show how this produces stutter / plop sounds (in the video this soundfile gets played two times after the first gameplayvideo and a little pause of 7 seconds.

Nothing else is done to the wave, just start and stop!

3: http://s14.directupload.net/images/120528/yvgunqic.jpg

this is a solution, just a very very short fade in and out. You can not hear it - so short it is, but the plops are gone. I didnt make a sound example. I can though if you dont believe. But most sound engineers will tap their head in knowledge how they could have forgotten this...

The cutting is random, and the more the sound is cuttet while it was louder the louder is the resulting plop / stutter sound.

Its not a very big problem, but the stuttering distracts and can sound like distant gunfire etc and it breaks the immersion. It is easily solvable too with the short fade out and in.

I hope I could present the matter in easy to understand words.

Just so - a little video of a down pitched synthesizer also producing these clicks:

Edited by tremanarch

I would like to see the option to adjust the brightness of your NVG's like in ACE.

I hate having them stuck on 100% brightness, so in some lights you cant see anything with them on because it's too bright, but if you take them off it is still too dark to be anywhere near effective or see anything more than a few metres away.

Oh and the L85A2's (SA-80) http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ngf_4ua-tfb.jpg... just thought i'd mention those again ;)

The L129A1 Sharpshooters rifle used by british troops would also be awesome! http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/whecg_7-tfb.jpg (obviously its the nearest one in pic, not the GMPG)

Edited by Ginga121

- Less precision with shooting by the AI, and longer detection ranges. On veteran vanilla Arma2 AI is too precise. I'd like to see longer lasting firefights.

I would like to see terrain deformation for the editor just as in VBS 2 some advanced wounding system and betetr HALO free fall. After i checked that VBS 2 trailer it made me go nuts whats already possible in there. Its just not fair :(

Stuff that can be seen in this Trailer and that needs to be in Arma 3:

Convoi Formation: If that means that the AI will have less problems driving around in a convoy, then this is really a must!

Enhanced vehicle damage model: It is there in IF, so it should be in A3

Improved wounding: Just the limping, not parts blown off

Body Armor simulation: That speaks for itself

Vehicle Mass changes: That could be a very interesting visual feature but it isn´t that important

Crowd Formation: That could be usefull for many scenarios

Sandstorm: Why isn´t that in OA? I guess it is not needed for Limnos but maybe there is something similiar

I wish Arma 3 could have a normal save system, like every other game that has ever had a save system. That is, "Save", "Load" and "Start new campaign/mission". Now in Arma 2, you have "Revert", "Resume", "Continue" and other illogical options, and there is no way to go back to old saves if the mission ends. This is really frustrating. You also have this system where you can't just end a mission without saving, you have to use "suspend", which becomes the last save point, even when you don't want that. So, also make it possible to leave a mission without saving!

Another wish is that the difficulty options gets fixed too. Instead of changing every difficulty level independently, just have one set of options, where you can change everything. Have the different levels as presets that you can choose instead. Now, some things are locked on some levels. For instance, I want to play with most of the "Veteran" settings, but with unlimited saves. There's no way to do that, so I have to use "Regular", and change every setting to the Veteran ones, to be able to turn on unlimited saves. Another annoying and frustrating thing.

Edited by Johan S

The ability to cut through or remove parts of wire fences. I keep getting stuck in the corners of fences, having to try to find an opening (which is quite hard to do on a dark night) also, to walk round them can comprise your mission. Just a small pair of wire cutters in your inventory (where your radio map icons are displayed) would be great.:)

Just put ZOMBIES on it, and BOOM!! TOP SELLING! you will destroy MW shiet! xD

funny but maybe true :s

doit please!

I would love for there to be medevac / casevac support in some missions and available as a very simple to use module in the editor. I've always thought that the thing to detract most from the Arma series realism is when someone is killed, all that happens is your team-mates call '4. Is. Down' with no emotion at all.

By adding the medevac module in the editor I would like there to be the following levels of 'Injured'

1. 'Flesh wound.' = Soldier receives a minor injury, takes a bit of shrapnel to the leg, hurts himself falling, is grazed by a bullet etc. In this instance, ANY team-mate can heal the wounded soldier and he can continue fighting (perhaps with reduced stamina and accuracy.)

2. 'Serious wound.' = Soldier receives a non lethal gun shot wound, non lethal shrapnel or the like. Only a medic can stop the bleeding and give him morphine if required, then he must 'sit' or 'lie' behind cover for the remainder of the mission. (he can still defend himself but cannot move, he will not bleed out, unless injured further)

3. 'Critical wound' = Only a medic can stop the bleeding and give morphine if required. However the unit is incapacitated / unconscious after healing. His life now depends on your actions. A (in?)visible blood meter starts to count down. The focus of the entire mission now shifts to saving this soldiers life. This could involve calling in a Chinook, or ambulance to extract the mortally wounded soldier. Depending on your actions and speed, you get a message later on telling you if the soldier survived or not.

I know this sounds pretty complex and some people wouldn't like it but you ideally wouldn't have to use it.

I just think this is way more true to live, and shows that modern war is often, (maybe even mostly) about saving your comrades life, not killing loads of enemy and ignoring your team mates when they drop down dead.

*Forgot to mention 'state' 4. 'Killed outright' Shot in head, IED strike, artillery etc. Medic runs over and checks soldier pulse, pronounces him dead. This wouldn't happen that often, but when it did there could be some cool effects, desperate radio comms, increased anger and determination in rest of squad.

Possibilities are endless really.

P.s Im sure this could all be scripted into Arma 2, If I was any good I'd do it without a doubt!

Edited by Drumming Monkey

Better terrain: bridges, rivers (check out Skyrim), better urban designs, cities that actually resemble real life.

Some time it is important for the player to shoot out, for example street light's (other light's like those of car's were pretty cool, but be honest not necessarily).

And also it is realy unrealistic, if you blow away a whol villlage and the street light is stil on! (Is clear waht I mean?)

So my point for the 'wish list' is: The possibility to destroying street light's.

(I'm sorry for my bad English... School time is far away)

I love drumming monkeys idea for how injuries would be reported as 1 of 4 "states". Not sure if that is US military standard but I feel like it's close enough.

- Food and hydration choices would be awesome with low GI carbs and protein rich meals being the best choices

Convoi Formation: If that means that the AI will have less problems driving around in a convoy, then this is really a must!

To add on:

Formations should adapt to whether in vehicle or not.

Just a few ideas...

One up formation

Two up formation

Box formation (Close defence, VIP Protection)

All around defence (Coil)

Herringbone

References if you need:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-21-91/c03.htm

You mean parade formation?

I was thinking about that the other day and wondered why does ArmA lack the capability to produce formations outside of the originals that we have (Vee Left, Vee Right, Diamond, etc.) It would be nice if known military formations such as parade, two-ranks, three or more-ranks, skirmishing (one frontal line composing of more than just one unit spaced apart. The second line is pushed to the left but each unit is behind the gap acting as the second-string skirmisher. Think the Roman Maniple except one unit each), and even in our crazier dreams: the battle formation! It would be cool if we are able to link the units per group to follow its advance group. For instance the first parade group marches on to their waypoint while the rest of the other groups follow when connected via waypoint... or is that solved by synching via editor?

Not only do those formations work on infantry, it should also apply on military vehicles too! I am not so sure if Bohemia is truly interested in adopting those formations but it would be nice.

Though I have went to the last page in this thread, I have confirmed that what I wanted out of ArmA 3 may not be the wishlist:

1) Being able to kill the enemy, put on the uniform treating the player himself as a part of their side unless exposed or returning fire.

2) Utilizing quad core processors or better for more improved performance along with more GPU output for more than one video card (think this was mentioned but not sure)

3) More support for 3dsMax? (Not sure if this is mentioned; does this fall under "Customizable and Moddable?)

I think that's it unless I have more to spill but I do think that A3 would be a great game with all the features implemented! :)

Bohemia Interactive, thanks for making great military simulators! I enjoy them even today!

My personal wants:

Boats and large cargo aircraft able to carry (as in drive a vehicle into the compartment and fly/ride off to a destination) vehicles such as APCs, cars, and bikes. I doubt a C-130 could carry an M1 Abrams or it's future successors though.

Dismemberment and replacement arms and legs to boot. Simple, if I get my leg blown off and survive (which happens in real life, and is in VBS2 I think), I should get some means of being combat capable again.

Melee combat. A means of bayonets or using the stock of a rifle to kill your enemies. I mean, bayonets were in some ARMA 2 mods, why not in ARMA 3? If not bayonet, rifle bashing. Some means for spec ops to quietly engage after sneaking up, or soldiers to engage in hand to hand combat in a house or such.

Wirecutters. I would like a means of getting through enemy defensive emplacements, and wirecutters breaking pathes in razorwire is much quieter than running it over with a tank or planting a satchel charge.

A simple way to make IEDs or similar explosives go off. Ex: syncing IED and trigger

Also: a way to easily let men call artillery/trigger artillery fire on an area. Say, I want a mortar battery to be prepared to fire on friendly units as they come in on a hostile village. Using trigger and sync with a fire command

(fire-on-area command would be neat for artillery, similar to how in ARMA 2, select arty units, order "Fire at position", except as a WP in editor) and enjoy being a NATO unit trying to rush through an artillery barrage as you take fire from an Iranian soldier.

Handcuffs, for taking prisoners and keeping them down. Ability to push toward a place you want them to be hidden to go with said handcuffs. Also, ACE style knockdown ability.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

Maybe after ArmA 3 is released. BIS could remake OFP as an addon or standalone expansion?

OFP always had that great feel too it. Every aspect of the game seems to fit perfectly compared to ArmA and ArmA 2, and the music was also MUCH better.

Animation:

In the e3 preview video when you turn on NVG's it snaps down to the players eyes and then goes back up magically when turned off, would be nice if there was a simple animation to pull them down to your eyes.