Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I would like to see improved script editing functionality in the editor. in the init/on activation/etc. boxes for script snippets it would be nice to a) have move space, b) be able to insert line breaks, and c) have syntax highlighting.

It might also be cool to be able to edit external scripts and such in the mission folder from within the editor rather than having to alt+tab out to notepad.

As anyone said positional 3D Audio by X-fi creative?This is the most important thing.

Ah and also, Dayz mod for arma 3 !!XD

Gameplay :

- In-game usable planning boards (besides in-game map).

Game engine :

- More realistic reaction to hits: unconsciousness, staggering, limping.

- track/wheel tracks on ground/roads (leaving marks), deforming terrain (based on weight).

- Moisture, left over water on terrain/foliage after raining.

- Movable/destroyable furniture

- Soldiers feet moving when turning instead of magically sliding over the ground.

- Doors that can be breached by explosive (or destroyed by grenade impact)

- Better livestock animations

A.I. :

- AI using covering fire (suppression) instead of only yelling to do so.

- Tone down AI ability to spot enemy units in friendly (own faction) vehicles to close range only (when stolen, unseen).

Other:

- Easier user profile creation - clans /teams / website.. etc

As anyone said positional 3D Audio by X-fi creative?This is the most important thing.

Could you go into more detail about what Positional 3D Audio is? Is it anything like this? http://www.wimp.com/laptopspeakers/. That would be awesome!

My biggest hope for Arma III is improved AI. In Arma II is works well in some aspects - I like that the player can hide behind bushes to confuse the AI and that bullets do less damage at great distances - but in others the AI seems bad. I think the game would be much more fun to play if the AI was more aware of their surroundings when in danger so that enemies could hide behind objects better. At the moment they will peek around corners but then proceed to run out into the open and die rather quickly. However, if the AI would stick behind cover and no longer move closer towards the enemy (especially when there is no additional cover) then firefights would last longer and be more drawn out and interesting.

Also, when inside buildings, it would be nice if the AI was programmed to prefer crouching over going prone.

Why not give the colours a little bit more Power?

I tried to quickly edit what I mean:

original:

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1105_09.jpg

edited:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120504/umv63izj.jpg

It should look a bit more like the real thing ( i know in the screenshot its maybe rainy weather couldnt find that but you get the impression)

http://www.s173673923.websitehome.co.uk/Postcards/11%2008%2002%20Postcard%20from%20Lemnos/Mirini%20harbour%20Lemnos%20small.JPG

sources: arma III Screenshots taken here: http://www.arma3.com/surveilance/imagery/

--

other examples:

original: http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/scr01.jpg

recoloured: http://s14.directupload.net/images/120504/khjwyrdu.jpg

in my eyes it looks a bit more fresh..

other original pictures are already perfect quality - cant see if this is a photo or the game http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1202_22.jpg

good job!

perfect perfect: http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1202_10.jpg

--

ArmA II: http://s14.directupload.net/images/120506/wge8osre.jpg

tl;dr; (no words): http://s14.directupload.net/images/120506/ok3jdotp.jpg

Edited by tremanarch

- Note to BIS; from my studies in neuroscience I can tell you that increasing colour saturation will increase the release-rate of rewarding neurotransmitters creating an experience that is physically more appealing but also take away from the brains natural response which will be to increase those neurotransmitters itself when in high-stress situations. I suggest including a simple saturation slider in the video settings with a "Reset to Realistic Default" button so that players can choose.

- A strong focus on AI programming resulting in clever and aggressive opponents will future-proof your organisation as almost everything in graphics has already been done.

- Weapon resting should be somewhat automatic but mustn't be unintuitive.

Edited by mistermdg

Dunno if its been posted but the RealTime Immersive 3D editor /AAR from GUI aspect is something I expect from Arma 3's 3D Editor. Would be awesome too if we could apply FLIR, Nightvision filters while in the editor too like in the video.

Watch the whole video if you haven't already but the AAR part is @1:51

JDAM particles at 1:03 are awesome too thing about Arma 3 I still feel needs some love is particles if BIS work on the particles a lot, smoke, fire, sparks this game will be just that much more splendid.

NV static from rotors has been discussed those kind of details really help presentation.

There's still plenty of development time for those artist/beerlift masters :) I'll keep my toes crossed.

civilian cars :

ford crown victoria

chevrolet caprice

chevrolet suburban

2012 Chevrolet Impala 9C1

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII

2006 BMW M3 e48

2010 Ford F350

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2006 Lamborghini Murcielago

BMW M3 E30

2010 Audi S4

Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 GT Apex

2011 BMW 1M

civilian aircrafts :

bell choppers

boeing 767

boeing 757

boeing 747

chessna 172

chessna 310p

beechcraft C12

maybe change them al little bit to make them more fit into the arma 3 gme and the scenarios & the year that is playing in arma 3

generall wishes :

improved ambient traffic module (maybe like grand theft auto traffic http://synystergraves.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/gta_traffic_jam.jpg , more civilians walking on the streets & pavements, civilian aircrafts & choppers flying, MUCH more cars on the streets....)

more civilian cars (incl. police cars, medical cars, fire trucks....)

some vehicles of different vehicle company like some vehicles from ford-series, bmw-series, chevrolet-series, audi-series, skoda-series..... the list is long

!!!!!!!!!a fixed version of visitor map editor: on arma 2 visitor editor, there was a bug where when we use 4096kmx4096kmx50cell, we cant place objects or have problem with object placeing, please fix it !!!!!!!!

I'd love to see working radar, not just a square on the screen like we have now, bigger blips on the screen for things like C-130's and tiny ones for stealth aircraft.

Aircraft lovers wishlists... only if the ceiling height is increased!

Play Clafghan, you can't reach half of the areas.

real physiological needs like in Fall Out New Vegas.

For example deshydratation, hunger, need to sleep, diseases, hypotermia... and its effects on a person such as blurred vision, tremors, fatigue, headaches, fatigue... and

at some point... death

I think this will add realism to this amazing game and also this will make the animals and enviroment more useful.

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf

Improved wounds:

you can analyze self and target body parts of bullet impatcts or some other dammage and after get info, you can heal or apply medical stuff for requred body part - bandage leg, or put morphine on hand, etc. look at Xenus and "Cabelas dangerous hunts" versions, he have a great examples, indicators not needed ;), just get info ! Please :pray: :pray: :pray:

- Damage to weapons i.e. you can shoot the magazine out of an enemy's weapon possibly causing a small explosion and hand/finger damage or can shoot the barrel of a machinegun to render it useless. It's important so that the strategic value of anti-material rifles can be properly realised. Also, if I were you, I'd make this thread private so that EA Sports e.t.c. can't access it and instead have a "ARMA 3 Wishes" email address where we can email our ideas.

Right now you're giving free market research to your competitors.

- Nearspace-based weaponry and surveillance.

Edited by mistermdg

I want all 889 ideas posted in this thread to be implimented and bug tested by Q4 2012. It better happen or me no buy.

Make 'Gear' page similar/same as in VBS 2. Also, like in ACE, one extra weapon slot on back.

Since the NATO helicopters are getting the DAGR guided rocket system, it'd be nice to see something for the Hamok, such as the Ugroza rockets.

Features that can be seen in this video:

Adjustable sights for vehicels
The ability to transport passengers with a tank together with the possibility of them falling on their face if the tank is driving while they disembark.
An Armor System that makes some sense
Disasembly/destruction of static weapons and vehicels

- It's really important we can assign specific roles to AI squad members i.e.

1 - overwatch (will hang a little back and overwatch the squads movement. defaults to suppression upon engagement. will also use smoke to protect other squad members/aid in their maneuvers),

2 - rear/left/right-guard (will observe and guard the side/rear of the squad as instructed. default ROE - fire at will.),

3 - scout left, right and front (will move stealthily in the area assigned around the squad and provide intel. default ROE - return fire only.),

4 - suppression element (will attempt to find a stable firing position and suppress enemy when squad is engaged.),

5 - DM (designated marksman. will take cover/concealment near or at the rearguard position and provide precise longer-range fire prioritizing targets like machine gunners and squad leaders)

this should also work fluidly in close combat i.e. squad members stick to their assigned roles.

also, a discipline slider could be incorporated which would affect how closely squad members follow orders.

another idea would be to be able to tell members the distance and direction relative to the squads direction of operation that they should operate e.g. "scout right 20 meters" or "rearguard 50 meters return fire only". should go from 1 meter to 200 meters.

NEXT POINT: in ARMA 2 when you are killed the camera zooms to the opponent that killed you. I think this should be removed. It provides a false comfort. If you were not able to maintain enough situational awareness to locate the opponent before they killed you you should not be shown their location.

Repeated Point: the zoom-in/focus function should be reduced to an 8th of what it is in ARMA 2 or, preferably, removed.

Edited by mistermdg

I really dont know If this might be in the game already, as I dont have the Volumetric Clouds. And it is rather a cosmetic feature not first priority, but it looks cool ;)

Could we have a little bit of moving cloud shadow (maybe not so much like in this video I recorded but a little bit could not hurt right?)

short version:

longer Version:

Edited by tremanarch

Get rid of autoexecution of AI orders. I am sick of having the option to eject removed because the AI orders to dismount while the chopper's coming under heavy fire or automatically jumping from an APC straight into enemy fire. It'd be nice if the command to disembark was highlighted while still allowing the player to decide when to do it. :yay:

Currently Mi-48 seems to have "Vikhr" guided missile system, which has been around since 1980s. I think in 2035 it will make more sense for a (presumably) Russian-built attack helicopter to carry something more advanced, like "Hermes-A" system, which is currently in development and designed to be compatible with both Mi-28 and Ka-52. It wouldn't take a lot of work on the 3-d model; all that is needed is to get rid of hemispherical end of a missile tube and rearrange dimensions:

ewiaw.jpg