Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

- Undersea structures (walkable submarines)

In All previous Arma titles, sitting in for example, a swimming APC made the interior of the APC seem "flooded" (i.e. you get the underwater fogging) when the sitting position was below the surface. With the added underwater scenario, it would be cool to be able to create (even if static) submarines that you can walk in and maybe even look out of windows, but that would look silly with the underwater fog.

- Proper "Stopping Power" effects i.e. infantry should be affected when they are hit. A good shooter will, when faced with multiple attacking targets, shoot the targets consecutively. This way he knows after shooting target 1 that whether target 1 is still alive or not, target 1 will be recovering from being hit (i.e. unable to fire effectively) whilst our shooter shoots targets 2 and 3. Then whilst 3 is recovering he goes back to target 1. This allows a single skilled shooter to render multiple enemy soldiers combat-ineffective for periods of time that, while brief, make a huge difference on the battlefield. Very important for realism. Should also take armour and projectile size into account.

- Proper "Fire and Movement" training. Fire, move to cover, take cover e.t.c. Emphasise fast movement between covered firing positions to create the most sustained and disorienting multiple-angle attack possible with the resources available.

- Animal and human eyes will shine various different colours when a torch is shined into them at night i.e. each species is a different colour. This may be the same with NVG.

- Firing from inside vehicles is important.

Edited by mistermdg

Yes! And I know how;use the Attach_To_Trigger command to simply make the "Submarine" become a desguised undergrund structure with the outside of a Sub but on the inside a modified Object Structure and make it be able to have a updated position every few seconds or so.That way we can add Mesh and make the Sub be trulu BIG.

We can simply copy some of the stuff we see in Feint`s Diving Module (with permission).

We need a "poore man`s version of a really well made AutoDesk".And a Big Library of Objects and classes from VBS 2.

Simulate Swashplate Transitions for the blades when you move the cyclic and same goes for the anti torque rotor when yawing.

CONTENT

• A larger and more diverse civilian populace

• Animations that would correlate with civilian actions

• Objects for civilians to use

MODDING/TOOLS

• an easier method for changing clothes/hats/sunglasses/shoes/etc

Edited by Stang69

Realistic! Ground deformation

different jump animations

Gameplay

Dual style grass - short that is more proportional than what we have with ArmA (does not restrict visibility)

And long that offers cover - AI cannot see through it.

Modding

Mod / Island etc download from server (like scenario download)

Can be set up from ftp if required.

Built in naming conventions for mods Islands etc - If they aint named right they wont work. Will help with the above.

Climbing

I should be able to climb to place that has same height as maximum height of obstacle I can step over. It would be nice to climb to places that are higher. It should be handled by step-over-obstacle action.

Step-over-obstacle & binoculars action

Currently these actions involve quite long animations. It should be interruptible. Isntead of hitting V/B key it should work like free-look key so it can be interrupted by releasing it. If you don't want to hold B key just hit it twice. It's very common that I hit V/B key by accident and I have to wait for animation to finish in the middle of firefight.

If such changes seems good but too intrusive to you I suggest "old behaviour" checbox in configuration.

I think that step-over-obstacle animation takes too long. It should be faster with light equipment (M16, few nades and magazines) and depend on weight of equipment.

Faster zoom in/out map with shift key pressed

Zombie survival level

Enough said :).

Edited by batto

Bump mapping on more than terrain surfaces. Would be cool for buildings to make use of bump mapping and if possible decals.

More ambient sounds more birds, diverse animal noises and diversity. Also when near cliffs hear rocks, small gravel falling down, or water hitting the rocks below. Or when up high in game for it to be gusty.

More personal touches to vehicles like graffiti on the side, pictures posted in the interior to make the vehicles seem more natural and less just rolled out of the factory freshness feel.

Assembly of Javelin launcher and other launchers that require assembly before usage.

- no more getting stuck on obstacles like bundles of trash that are only a foot high. the "step-over" animation is like a tenth as fast as a real life step.

Editor:

-Preview window in unit properties to see its model/selected texture.

-Dropdown menu in unit properties with most used "This" commands (setunitpos/allowfleeing etc). Addition to scripts window for easier basic scripting.

-Dropdown menus in unit properties for kit slots, select individual items or complete kits.

-Ability to select multiple units and bring up a property window to alter items etc on selected units.

-World preview window when selecting time of day/weather to see actual light/precipitation.

new headitem gear system

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8620/headitemwish.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

bullet camera for headshot

involve new script command like bullet probability zone impact, because camera only occurrs when target zone impact condition is true.

new script tools for apply:

zombie game

scenes of the armory

cinematics intros

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

improve stance weapon on back

the main weapon should be on the back an inverted about the game arma 2

stance in arma2 with weapon on back is for a parade and when changes to sidearm or a rocket launcher takes a long time.

weapons in the back have to be upside down!!

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Watching while reload weapon

it is possible to look down while reload weapon?

looking down every time reload,the movement of the camera would give more inmersion.

and no the feeling of being in a robot, not every game shooters have the head movement, is something that should be exploited more

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Please make finished driver cockpit of all tanks and suppress the window and add hud turrets off electrical malfunctions

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Improve driving cars:

when the car after spending literally flies at high speed down a hill, inside the cabin should be a strong vertical movement of the head when the car hits the ground again.

Add new sounds, car skidding on the asphalt and some random engine start fault, forcing again press to start engine or fault start engine sound on empty fuel

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Improve Scopes

all weapons scopes should be modeled in 3D (thermals do not know if you can but it would be desirable also)

vehicles can be customizeble as soldiers: posible to change armor type, turrets, skins

1) Update to the command random, so you can pass in a seed parameter. I.e. random[1234] produces the same random number on all clients, all that is ever publicVariable'd is the seed - rest follows by random[seed + floor(serverTime)] or whatever. Considering randomSeed in mission.sqm, I'm assuming the engine already knows how to handle it, so it should be an easy implementation.

2) Improve the atmosphere to be able to do read out (and set?) temperature based on latitude, longitude, elevation, date and time, and cloud occlusion (geographically local effect). Reason: I'm trying to setup logic rules for snow effect based on these data, but I'm having massive problems setting up a simplified model for it :p

3) More precipitation effects: Rain, snow, and hail, based on weather conditions (and temperatures). Chance of hail to be based on high altitude temperature readouts (not ground level, remember, hail often occurs in summer) if lighting is present.

4) A secondary parameter to control visibility. It's currently impossible to "replace" rain with other kinds of precipitation and have similar or more drop in visibility without messing with the players view distance.

Weather affect on players behaviour as in real life!

Hey maionaze, thanks for making a thread for this!

Now, there is one item me and a few others would really like to see implemented in Arma 3.

Locomotives.

Supply trains, troop transports, heavily armed and armoured trains, civilian trains, regular schedules (that much less to set up when using the Editor) and the ability to disrupt (by damaging/destroying/blocking track/attacking the train) the services provided by them. I assume that bridges can be destroyed, adding to the possibilities.

I've wanted this ever since learning that Just Cause 2 and other games would not feature a train network, and the fact that Arma 2 has tracks, but (besides dubious 3rd party mods) has no working locomotives.

As for detail: I hope the trains have each car separate but joined, for more realistic derailments. They should take quite some time to stop and to get up to speed, and AI-controlled trains should be able to brake the train if they "detect" issues with the track ahead (which should be influenced by LOS and light/weather conditions.)

---------------------------------

One last thing: Random events. Anything ranging from natural disasters to npcs having heart attacks (that is just an example).

Edited by flaillomanz
Failed

animals and humans can climbup on trees and seat on branches

Improved and realistic night sky

Since the location is an almost abandoned island this means there should be much less light polution and thus more stars visible (including the Milky Way). So far night sky in BIS games seems to be realistic when it comes to constellations - but at the same time it will have too few stars at night considering abandoned island location.

more civilian idle and 'busy' animations for AI

J-Guid, do you really need to constantly make a request after another person made one? You seem to like doing it that way but really its only annoying and serves no purpose other than getting your postcount up, specially seeing the requests you make.

When you have requests collect them over some time and post them all in one post instead of making 20 posts with a single, small request each time.

Thank you.

The ability to lock on to and engage multiple targets at the same time. Like multiple Jdam targets or multiple Hellfire strikes.

Would love to see extensive close physical person to person interaction:

* Punching

* Kicking

* Cuffing

* Taking a cuffed person by his arm and taking him along

* forcing a cuffed person into a vehicle

* Sneak-kill with melee, suffcating or weapons (using a stock/pistol whip/ melee weapon)

* Rolling a corpse on its side to take cover behind it

* Disarming an enemy from close range