Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

*Have the option to shoot with both eyes open (for CQB), making the iron sighted weapon partially semi-transparent.

*Have reflex/holographic sights work more accurately (i.e. the reticle should move when the eye changes parallax, not be fixed like they are in Arma2, more noticeable with head tracking).

*Faster weapon reloads and quick sidearm drawing (especially for special operators).

*Randomly generated single/co-op missions like Wiper's fantastic "Cipher" (I must have replayed that for 200+ hours, being hunted and strafed by the MI-24V Hind is the best game-play experience I've had in Arma2).

* Can I please have a crosshair option that doesn't obscure my target. A large circle, or two horizontal lines with a generous space in between - -

* Being able to consolidate rounds from multiple mags into one mag.

* Remember my run toggle preference (I need to double tap shift every time I play)

* Integrate Valve's Steamworks for mods/missions like they've done for Skyrim.

* Not moving should factor into AI-player detection. You should not be detectable past 10-20m if you're adhering to the three principles of camouflage; colour, shape and movement. I.e lying down in long grass while being deadly still.

* Using low walls to prop weapon bipod or elbow.

* Being able to raise my head above an obstacle or grass

* Able to Toggle shooting handiness on the fly, so i can shoot with cover on my right or left side.

* Have mechanized crew AI turn-out sometimes.

* Improve grenade throwing, it's too hard ATM.

Edited by Bittersweet

1- the usage of simple props models, this means make just a simple gemoetrical object, mix it with multi-textures so you can have lots of models in the screen without having a FPS drops

2- the usage of individual objets so if, for example, "a plane got hit by a bullet and the wing got teared appart" the wing can still be an individual model and hit and kill someone if it falls over him (if i got a grammar error, please forgive me, i am not an english god)

3- gauges inside vehicles that ACTUALLY work, for example, in cars, bikes, helicopters, etc.

4- audio that come from somewhere inside a vehicle, if i am inside a car and the radio is on, i want to see a difference between my left and right sound channell if i move my head around the car, same with the distance from the radio/audio point

5- being able to control your own walking speed, when you walk on ArmA/ArmA 2 its ok, that's how you walk on real life, but if you are, for example, at your home or in a small building, you will walk slower

6- CQC fight/unarmed combat/knife battle is very needed

7- MOAR VEHICLES

you guys can incluide the A-4 but no one ever mentioned the A-6?

or the F-18? and why dont you guys try to put every vehicle from every other ArmA? just like what happened to ArmA 2, but this time enhace the physics, control, etc.

8- try to use more realistic physics for vehicles, the game is fine as an infantry simulator, but id like to see more realistic driving for cars or planes (or enough air-to-air range to use AIM-120)

9- being able to interact with citizens using furniture (i dont know... sit down in a coach meanwhile you talk with a citizen, he say she's gonne to the kitchen to bring you some food and she tells the iran forces you are here and you must escape?, i think that's a great idea as part of the campaign)

10- id like to see fastroping (more improved than it was on ACE, for example, ropes being more like a ragdoll and not just a solid object, and being affected by the chopper movement's)

11- i saw the improves about being able to choce your seat and move around the vehicle, but what about if they do the things just like Novalogic did in Joint ops?:

to sit down you must get in the vehicle, get close to the seat you want to choce and click action so you get in.

i also want that the AI being able to change mode or be aware if there is an enemy close if they see a dead body, or they hear footsteps or gunfires, or animals running away, etc.

i also tought on make players have different weight, wich make easyer or harder to run for longer times, and change the weight limit for vehicles

or FINALLY ADDING FKING FEMALE CHARACTERS?????

and what about if the boots have the same effects as teh cloths on the game? like, if in ArmA 3 is not the same "running with some army boots" than "running with running shoes"

that AI can see more or less depending from the lights, like if a soldier see better on the day than in the middle of the woods at 1200 hours

I'd like to wish for a improved weapon feeling by adding the ability for certain weapons to overheat, such as the M134 or similar ones, when being fired excessively.

A neccessary feature for this is visual feedback on these weapons, meaning glowing barrels.

Adding this feature would not be that difficult as there are already barrels glowing under IR and jet engines basically doing the trick.

I really hope for this little feature to be in the game :)

I'd really love to see these things:

- Ability to use the BAF DLC in A3, or a new DLC featuring the BAF.

- Animations for using Artillery (Mortar loading, actually dropping the round in the tube, etc).

- An animation performing a search on a person. (ie arms spread, a soldier feeling if the person has any hidden weapons).

This would make me really happy. ^^

"Have the option to shoot with both eyes open (for CQB), making the iron sighted weapon partially semi-transparent."

totally agree with that

- also, please focus on more accurate commanding of squad members. if we are a 2 man sniper team covering an 8 man assault i need to be able to tell the other sniper "go cover behind that rock, watch that position and fire on my lead."

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

- what would be awesome would be a voice recognition system where you can assign members of your squad to certain voice-activated teams before the mission starts and record your voice for certain common commands like "move there", "assault there", "suppress there"

- new death animations that are more realistic. also, don't forget to make it so that being hit by a projectile will interrupt whichever current animation you're doing and make you drop the magazine, or even the live grenade you were about to throw.

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

- just make the most awesome wounding and medic care system as well as the best looking death animations ever. this will make every sniper happy for a long time.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

guys i know this is not the discussion thread but i just watched something with andy mcnab talking about what's important in a good milsim and his main comment was that being shot/hit must be devastating, in order to force all players to play cautiously and realisticly. so imo, take it way down to a one shot and you're down kind of thing, and focus a lot on the wounding and medic system. this will force us all to go back to relying on tactics and battle protocol. a guy with 17 years military experience who consults for milsim developers knows what he's talking about.

- take out the "zoom/focus" thing or tone it down to no more than 25% of what it is in ARMA2. noone can shoot a point target with a naked eye at 450 meters. it takes away so much from the game (approach angles, stealthy approaches, etc). i actually spent a very short while training with the israeli army in the mountains, which are very similar terrain to operation arrowhead (less bushes and almost no trees) and a lot of what infantry combat on that kind of terrain is about is using the map to find the routes that are concealed and still offer the best sight lines, and spotting the enemy first. that zoom thing is totally unrealistic. in reality the whole time you have to stop to use optics to check out if a thing 300 meters away is a rock or a person. there's no way you can make a 400 meter shot with an m16 without optics as easily as you can in ARMA2.

- add dehydration. if you don't drink in that heat in an hour you start getting headaches and blurry vision. implement that into ARMA3. add a "drink water" command so we can order our squad members to stop and drink and make them less effective if we don't have them drink on time.

- an order system which allows us to order a squad member to observe multiple positions. so they will look, turn, look, turn, etc, and scan the area in between. ability to tell them to observe with scope/binoculars, or naked eye.

- with regards to side-mission scenarios; it's fine if you guys make missions where nothing happens i.e. where we are sent in to clear a small town and told that there are enemy in some of the houses but after clearing the town for 3 hours we find nothing. bad intel or maybe there is an informer in the town, who knows. it's good because it adds to the tension as well as the realism.

Edited by mistermdg

- i'm not sure but i don't think i've ever seen ai throw smoke, or use it properly

AI can use supressing fire by target and other AI's in him group try engage targets by flangs :)!

Make it compatible to this.. http://tngames.com/products

kids nowdays -.-

i guess i am filled up with suggestions

1- make the player and the enviroment interactive between them, if its raining, id love to see your vision going blur because of the water, same with snow and dirt

2- let the AI do the same things player's do, support fire, smoking, and make them act just like real life players

3- let you chose the different skills for the AI, dont just select their inteligence, make it so you can chose, for example:

a) their FOV (not every soldier have the same field of view)

b) their weapon's control (depending from every weapon)

c) their speed, either running or their agility to swap weapons or change stance

d) how smart they are.

Add the ACR rifle with different customs and variants on there.

3D Ammo Box "Menus": As in, when you open an ammo box to view weapons and equipment, that you would see the 3d models of every item. The menu layout would have to be different, of course. Maybe where the primary weapon currently is, there could be a preview screen or something for each item. Would really be great for weapons and their attachments.

Also, since there will be face, headgear, eyewear, clothing, and gear customization, hopefully the profile customization screen will show the character's full body.

One nitpicky request for the profile screen: Could we have the option of manually rotating the 3d preview?

Perhaps something as simple as a script list in the editor, so that anyone who isn't fluent with BIS' scripting language doesn't need to tab out to find a script on an external webpage.

Another thing I would love to see is a slider or value box to set a unit's height, this would be much more simple and easy then the current scripts required, or perhaps a module that detects when the unit is placed in a building and gives you a selection of floors to place the unit on.

Anyways, these are just some ideas I had :)

Audio improvements such as:

- Echoes with geometric displacement. Outside = echoes. Indoors = staccato.

- Better doppler/engine rpm handling depending on amount of air being moved and over what area it is compressed. For example, helicopters move lots in a wide area, jets move a lot in a small area.

- Decibel saturation and sound absorbing environment. Shots ring far over seas, not very far in a snowy forest. Very loud indoors.

Animation and movement:

- Simulation of human like agility by letting you go sideways through door openings with the gun up.

- Torso split. So that you can shift your aim left and right without the feet moving with it until required.

- Dismemberment

- Wet clothing affects movement. Could be displayed on the avatar as just a shader that darkens affected limb.

- Long term fatigue. I.e 45 minutes of constant running makes you loose fine motor skills (aim) until rested 5-10 minutes.

- Realistic falls and recovery. Stepping off a 1 meter drop (like many house fronts in takistan) should compress your legs for a small time. But not halt forward movement.

- Vaulting over knee high objects should be automatic when running. Transition must be fluent not to loose pace.

- Random tumble if sprinting recklessly

Weapon systems:

- Geostationary locking on weapon pods. Allows you to observe a target while on the move. Like the litening pod in dcs games.

- Recoil should shake a bit more when unstabilized.

Comms:

- Radio simulation like @acre that is not dependent on third party apps (teamspeak).

- Voice sound samples should sound like they're from the same sentence. Orders in arma2 doesn't flow.

- Target direction should be bearing in degrees if far away.

- AI should have reaction times. Instead of all AI turning and running at the same time towards a target in perfect formation, there should be random lag in their communication.

Controls:

- Full positive and negative joystick ranges for better throttle accuracy.

- Jets should simulate 6DOF movement (instability at lower speeds and over-G) and have onboard voice warnings of stall/ground impact/over-G.

- please improve the squad command system, both in the mission editor and in-game. we need to be able to tell a squad to "defend this position from assault from that direction" and they will intelligently position themselves. or maybe i just need to sort out my connection and get playing online lol.

Realistic snow simulation (with bodyprints,foot wheel and track prints, colission simulation) with different height levels

possibility to change intensity and frequency of Night vision goggles and NV scopes

Weather system module (allow control weather, ability to make it random).

Player's reaction on current weather and after effects

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

Machineguns&LMGs:

RPD

PRK

and other Soviet weapons with new mods

Animals:

Shark

Hyena

Gorilla

Different monkeys

Cheetah

All main Lemnos flora and fauna :jesus:

Look at FarCry 2 flame ability ;)

why dont you guys try to take some examples and ideas for the aircraft from this A2 WIP addon?

GAMEPLAY > realistic 1st person view

first of all, sorry if this was mentioned before!

playing arma and other similar games always felt a bit weird to me...

thinking of the posture i would take when shooting a rifle and then seing how it looks in the games makes me a bit confused,

well atcually it makes me think that i am playing some sorf of disfigured character.

using the iron sight in most of the games i know the view is getting centered, seriously!?

nobody can aim like that!

when aiming, whether you are left/right handed the gun is propped to your left/right shoulder which definitively is not in the center of the human body, so the view has to be "shifted" left/right IMHO.

when you are looking through an optical attachment the rifle is moved close to the head/eye right!?

in the game it looks more like the head/eye is in the middle of the chest, so the view has to be shifted up a bit IMHO.

when running with a gun you'll probaly point the gun to the ground crossways to your body, right!?

in the game it looks like you are pointing the gun to the front, trying to stab an invisible enemy with an invisible bayonet attached, should be fixed IMHO.

just holding a weapon looks very weird sometimes, i don't knw how to describe it but it looks like the soldier has LEGO hands which "enclose" the gun, looks funny, should be fixed IMHO.

just a few thoughts, correct me if i'm wrong in any case! :)

head shaking while running...looks like the soldiers are nodding dogs, please fix that! (EDIT: i know there is an option for this, still it looks arazy even with "nodding" turned down)

Edited by TheOutlawTorn