Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Ai

Give the ai the ability to fully hide themselves when suppressed outnumbered or faced with a threat they are not equipped to handle.

It would be great if hydra pods/S-5 or S-8 (Even UPK-23 type cannon pods) had the memory points for firing, instead of the aircraft model, and then place them via proxy. It would increase the flexibility of every aircraft with weapons dramatically and make things look proper.

Another nice thing would be to allow proxies on proxies, save for instance on a hellfire rack or a triple ejector rack.

- a "watch our rear" command so when moving or stationary you can command squad members to always watch the opposite direction that the squad is facing. and those members must stick to this.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

- some sort of animation modelling for getting in and out of cars where you can actually shoot people while they are getting in or out

One thing: Correct the leaning animations. Do not tilt the weapon. Sights become useless on longer range.

Thanks.

To address the larger issue of Vultar's request, make the camera always positioned on the eyes, or in front of I guess. So when bringing up your sights, actually have the character bring up his sights. Don't shift the camera to be right behind the sights. Do that, and the leaning animation will look more authentic because the camera wont be following the tilted rifle (this applies only to when you're looking through your sights).

Also, it'd be nice if BIS could find some way to have headgear and eyewear visible in the 1st person LOD without screwing up the view. That's not priority. But it'd add even more immersion to the game. And, of course, functioning eyewear would be great.

Good usefull animations, and modeling tutorials for A3

we need a propper physik for bullets hitting the water/going out of water...

but only if there is a man inside water, dont waste engine power :-)

i dont wanna see a 50cal shooting me inside of water

An easier way to make in-game movies (instead of doing scripts for camera movements and stuff like that). Something like the GTA IV video maker would be nice.

Good usefull animations, and modeling tutorials for A3

+1

When talking about animations:

A "mood" system for animations. Meaning, you press a button and your soldier's anymations change.

For example, when being in the "careless" mood, your soldier walks just like

When pressing the "combat" mood button, your character walks a bit more carefully when having the weapon lowered/ holds the weapon in both hands.

Would add a lot immersion, if you ask me.

I would like to see improved, additional, or at least fixed "plug and play" missions for ARMA 3. Not everyone is a dab hand with the editor. I myself was shit at it at one point, I remember the first mission I ever took serious time and effort on, and it was still rubbish but you learn as you go. Not everyone is willing to do this however and I myself sometimes find I just want to jump in and play a randomised mission, especially after work.

It would be good if there were more options than the current ARMA 2 "Sec-Ops" mission in the mission wizard. Or at least allow more flexibility in the wizard. Or modules that you could simply put into the editor and sync it to the player and it would generate a single dynamic objective, sort of like "Sec-Ops" but more elaborate: roaming patrols, a degree of randomisation, more objectives, insertion point and extraction point etc. Then when the mission is complete it would end after being extracted.

-Simple and easy enjoyment.

Ive been playing BIS games since 2001, and i must say, in all of them i felt like a robot, seriously. I guess thats just the way they do it.

These are some of the things i would suggest to make the game at least somewhat more realistic.

1 - - REMOVE MUZZLE FLASH from most weapons. If you look at real life war footage, you will see how there isnt any. Make the explosions more realistic. Look at how much more realistic the game becomes just because of that.

2 - Make A.I. take cover, and shoot from cover, do a cover system like in "Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad" or something similar to that, because in arma most of the time you just feel too exposed without being able to return some kind of fire without being shot.

3 - Dead bodes can be affected with bullets and bomb shrapnels, maybe add bullet wounds where the bullet actually hits. It could prove useful for some training missions. I mean, you have the new engine so use it.

4 - Have realistic sounds, mod teams can do it and i am sure you can do better, make bullet echo much longer because in the real world, it does last long.

5 - Vegetation- please optimise it. Things you should look in to :

a) Game will lag like hell if you are in a forest and zoom (hold right click) during the firefight, something is wrong with it, the vegetation just takes away so much resources (even on high end PC's)

b) Find some other way of hiding people far away in the grass...

6 - Make shooting and recoil more realistic and fluid, go to a firing range and shoot a weapon, after that just code and animate what you have seen with your eyes while shooting, dont think thats too hard.

Greetings from Serbia. :P

Heads up rolo87 your last three images are over 100kbs!

I'd like to see an animations menu for the AI. Basically the way you can set an effect on a trigger using the "effects" button. Having an "animations" button for units would be pretty useful. Seeing units carry out simple animations is a really good way to add atmosphere to environments like FOBs and markets and it would be cool to see their use streamlined, less time sifting through all the animation codes looking for the ones you want. Also only adding the in the full cycle animations and not all the different sections as well. Although if A3 has a 3d editor and the anims could be viewed in real time while creating the mission the separate sections of the animation cycles wouldn't be so bad.

Since Russia has ties with Iran, it would be nice to see a very small group of Russian special forces under OPFOR.

But what i would really love to see is realistic wounds, in ArmA 2, a soldier could be shot in the stomach, lungs or any vital organ and could quickly be healed by a medic that probably just pours morphine into the wound and places bandages.

Character Falling Factor.

This is something that i always want to happen, and for sure will add even more realism to any combat situation. Here some examples about this idea.

Scenario A : when a fragmentation granade or artillery explodes near a platoon:

Some soldiers will die, some fall wounded, and others just fall and stand up again to continue.

Scenario B : When sprint for concealment or cover thru a dangerous surface.

This could seems ridicolous but these factors demands on soldiers to pay atention to the terrain where they will sprint over.

Example : when character sprint and step on a rock or get blocked by a any obstacle on the ground. There will be dangerous areas where to sprint on to (slopes / wet / with rocks / /irregular / with water and or mud ).

How could these scenarios work technicaly ?

ArmA 3 will be using ragdoll, so with this new big improvement the following situations could work as follow.

Scenario A :

When character suffer morter attack or granade explotion they are throwed away causa expansive wave and fall.

The ones who survive, once fallen on the ground, the "stand up animation clip" will be triggered and soldiers will be ready to go on. ( "stand up animation clip" woudn´t need continuity from fallen pose reached by ragdoll just because there will be not a fallen pose similar to other, of course).

So, stand up again to continue with they task wounded or not depending the level of damage.

Scenario B :

When character pass sprinting over any "falling area" the player will lost control of the legs of the character and the ragdoll will be triggered. The result should be the character falling ahead beacuse of the inertia from sprinting.

Just as in scenario A, once fallen on the ground, the "stand up animation clip" will be triggered and the soldier will be ready to go on.

All these falling areas will be marked with a flag " falling:yes" then this flag will excute a "random falling algorithm". So if character pass sprinting thru these areas not only he won´t fall inmediatly but also will keep sprinting just with a high potenciality to fall down. This gives the chance to stop sprinting to get out from the area or keep moving crouched to avoid the accident.

That´s all.

I hope you understand me, my english is not good.

Thanks BIS for let´us share these ideas with you. We are a big family. Keep up the good work : )

yeah, something like this

http://www.plannedassault.com/

but with access to all the map locations

id have no problem paying some amount for this as an extra dlc a few months after the games release if that'd give you the time to do it nicely

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

- if it's possible, a model for small rocks etc on the ground that move/crunch when scuffed. in arma 2 i always felt that the ground itself didn't look as good as the rest. also if there's some way to do it, would be awesome to have the buildings and walls made from something which simulates the material they're made from. bricks etc, that are each separate objects in the engine. i know that's probably a bit to hectic haha, maybe for arma 4.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

- storm weather effects etc with rain being blown about in the wind, sand in eyes, fog affecting visibility etc.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

not sure if it's the mods i'm using but sometimes my squad members just don't stay still when i tell them to or won't turn to watch where i want them to etc. sorry, i know this is kind of a discussion but it's an idea inside a small discussion lol please forgive me gods of milsim

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

like when you tell need to run into a compound they'll stop and crouch and engage the enemy. basically what i'm saying is i want more obedient squad members who will go where i want, look where i tell them, and follow me into cover, not stop in the middle of a field when there's like 30 enemy heavy machine gunners about to engage us.

Edited by mistermdg

simple wish.

please.. PLEASE! add a separate key for grenades. the cycle fire mode key should be for the primary weapon ONLY. i have been killed far too many times while cycling through the fire mode key.. semi, auto, M203, grenade than satchel is ridiculous. placing a satchel/mine should be done through the action menu only, as far too many times players have blown them selfs up by accidentally placing a satchel down while trying to mount a helicopter. grenade/smoke should have its own dedicated key, as well as the grenade launcher. like a secondary action key to switch to the grenade launcher would be great. when cycling from grenade launcher back to primary, it should remember what the fire mode it had last. example: set primary to auto, switch to grenade launcher, then back to primary on auto mode. changes like these would make inf combat more fluid and far less clunky.

I'll suggest this: Get rid of the cycling weapons thing. That's stupid. IRL, when a soldier wants to take out a grenade, for example, he doesn't pull out every weapon he has until he gets to grenades. Set aside the keys 1-6 or something to be for weapons and equipment.

1 - primary weapon (standard ArmA list menu or radial menu for attachments)

2 - secondary weapon (same as primary)

3 - sidearm (same as primary)

4 - knife :p

5 - grenades (can cycle, preferably radial context menu)

6 - other equipment (like satchels or mines, radial context menu)

Remove the firemodes from the weapon select system. Set a certain key for changing firemodes

F - change firemode

Keep different keys for binoculars, map, watch, compass

Although, I'd like for their to be an animation for looking at the map, watch, and compass. Yeah, that's asking much, but if BIS could find the time after taking care of the priorities, it'd be nice if the character actually took out a map, or GPS, or watch, or compass, and looked at the map/gps system/watch/compass and they used RTT.

Edited by antoineflemming

The XM-307 Grenade launcher, so much less recoil that its predecessor you can fire it with a cup of water on it. Best yet only weighs 15 pounds.

The XM-312 Heavy machine gun, a lot like the XM-307 but its a heavy machine gun, its fires a .50 BMG cartridge

ability to stroke enemy by your weapon in closecombat!

yes! very important that we can stroke the enemy

Edited by mistermdg

1- the usage of simple props models, this means make just a simple gemoetrical object, mix it with multi-textures so you can have lots of models in the screen without having a FPS drops

2- the usage of individual objets so if, for example, "a plane got hit by a bullet and the wing got teared appart" the wing can still be an individual model and hit and kill someone if it falls over him (if i got a grammar error, please forgive me, i am not an english god)

3- gauges inside vehicles that ACTUALLY work, for example, in cars, bikes, helicopters, etc.

4- audio that come from somewhere inside a vehicle, if i am inside a car and the radio is on, i want to see a difference between my left and right sound channell if i move my head around the car, same with the distance from the radio/audio point

5- being able to control your own walking speed, when you walk on ArmA/ArmA 2 its ok, that's how you walk on real life, but if you are, for example, at your home or in a small building, you will walk slower

6- CQC fight/unarmed combat/knife battle is very needed

7- MOAR VEHICLES

you guys can incluide the A-4 but no one ever mentioned the A-6?

or the F-18? and why dont you guys try to put every vehicle from every other ArmA? just like what happened to ArmA 2, but this time enhace the physics, control, etc.

8- try to use more realistic physics for vehicles, the game is fine as an infantry simulator, but id like to see more realistic driving for cars or planes (or enough air-to-air range to use AIM-120)

9- being able to interact with citizens using furniture (i dont know... sit down in a coach meanwhile you talk with a citizen, he say she's gonne to the kitchen to bring you some food and she tells the iran forces you are here and you must escape?, i think that's a great idea as part of the campaign)

10- id like to see fastroping (more improved than it was on ACE, for example, ropes being more like a ragdoll and not just a solid object, and being affected by the chopper movement's)

11- i saw the improves about being able to choce your seat and move around the vehicle, but what about if they do the things just like Novalogic did in Joint ops?:

to sit down you must get in the vehicle, get close to the seat you want to choce and click action so you get in.

ability to stroke enemy by your weapon in closecombat!

It would be nice for us to have an alternative way (probably non lethal) to neutralize the enemy.