Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Nice feature would be a combat lightening of vehicles by pressing L key for lightening in 3 steps (similar to changing weapon modes)... ON (full lightening), STEALTH (dimly lit) and OFF.

:notify:

a) With all the rifle suggetions, I was suprised to see that the sig55X series wasn't mentioned. I think it deserves a spot on that whishlist :D. It's widely used in many different armies and special forces.

b) I'd also like to see realistic Acog sights. Acogs are designed to be used with both eyes open, giving the user the unique ability to have his normal field of view when not focusing on the reticle. This is also called the Bindon aiming concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Combat_Optical_Gunsight.

In Arma 2 the Acog is simulated like a scope-sight that requires you to close one eye and align the other exactly with the target and therefore loosing your peripheral view. The new render-to-texture feature could be used to zoom in the sight area.

Apart from this the sight in Arma takes up 80% of the screen (probably to compensate for the loss of peripheral view) which could be realistic for a scope but not for an acog. It takes up smaller part of your view.

My suggestion would be to slightly blur the outside of the sight when one aims down the sight (the eye is focusing on the reticle) and slightly blurring the inside when the surrounding is scanned.

The result could look a bit like this althoug it wouldn't zoom in the whole screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AlHzgTcN8

If zooming in the sight with render-to-texture with the outside staying unzoomed should prove to be too complicated to be incorporated, I and likely others would already be happy with the way it's done in the video.

Edited by _sherlock_

sorry for the double post. Could a nice moderator please remove this post?

Edited by _sherlock_

I like armaverse cause its engine, and I think of IA gameplay as an optional module rather than the game itself... thus, I would like to see ARMA engine improved mostly than other stuff, which certainly will be developed by BIS community if it's not available anyway :)

Long story short: ACCURATE VIRTUAL WORLD + EYE CANDY

- Caves, tunnels, holes, trenches in the ground (not objects pretending to be any of those)... this is quite common in RL but ArmA engine simply does not have any, specially caves, highway tunnels, subway... the maximum expression of this idea: to get a shovel or some "buldozer" and dig a hole, a trench, etc... just like in RL

- Rivers, streams, going down the slopes, flowing cascades (not mere bit lagging particles scripts)... I wonder which easy and elegant solution Physx has to offer at this matter...

Perhaps it's quite difficult to achieve into BIS development... but this is just a wish

Thank you people!!!

:D

Edited by Robster

+1

Trenchs, foxholes etc etc are a must. I would like to place them in the 3d editor and they should actually go underground rather than just be a pile of dirt above ground.

_ large plane like B-2 Spirit, C17 Globemaster III

c17_1.jpgRTEmagicC_B2B-220508.jpg.jpg

_ GBU 39/B Small Diameter Bomb Stations for plane

http://i96.servimg.com/u/f96/12/26/75/01/gbu39s10.jpg

http://www.actudefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/F22_GBU39.jpg

_RQ 170 Neuron UAV

http://www.viceland.com/viceblog/20209621rq170.jpg

Some scenery vehicle

_ Aircraft Tractor

_ MJ-40 aircraft loader

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg314/scaled.php?server=314&filename=bombloader3vu.jpg&res=medium

Honestly just want a competative and ballanced game like americas army 2. Something thats fun to play, something you can play the same map all day and not get bored of. Unlike deathmatch arcade games like BF3.

What do you thinks about the ARH 70 Arapaho ?

scaled.php?server=33&filename=arh70a.png&res=medium

_ Mil Mi 26 HALO for OPFOR

Mi-26T_venezuela.jpg

Please BIS make the them in ArmA 3:yay:

Edited by F27Sharps

I had to register to this forum just to post this:

1) Better Text-To-Speech. Arma 2+ has a pretty bad TTS system and my friends often rib on this game. Apart from a lot of the stuff already mentioned, PLEASE PLEASE improve the TTS so it doesn't sound like a broken Call center automation system. (I am dead serious, not trying to pick on the games because I love them.)

Make AI detect your line of fire and go around you instead of going in front of you and getting shot

Make AI detect your line of fire and go around you instead of going in front of you and getting shot

Too add to this idea

Also provide an radio prompt aswell like in that other game, just a check your muzzle coming through!

Please, add ability to shoot when we're inside some vehicles - for example some cars, open trucks, helicopters, boats - especially military like Zodiac. If it is plausible, also add some Polish forces to the BluFor. :)

Since the F-22(though the F-35 will likely be in the game) has been proposed, for OpFor there should be

• Mikoyan LMFS
  • Chengdu J-20
  • PAK FA

For BluFor

• Mitsubishi ATD-X
  • F-35
  • F-22

Objects

• Static aircraft for terrorism scenarios. - The standard.
  • Civilian ships for terror scenarios. - Somalia.
    • A yacht and a generic ship would be nice

[*] Moving trains, circular track(for ultra cool terror scenarios). - Can't think of any real situations. :D

[*] Larger indoor structures.

Game

• Weapon handling based on skill(for player). Although I think there already is some it should be more distinct.
  • And as walking on vehicles has been suggested, walking in aircraft and fully developed ships.
  • Crash sites in accordance with crash velocity. There isn't much left from a crash at M.86, just a bit of realism.
  • No instant explosion. Aircraft can skid quite a lot without exploding.

Static

• CIWS!

• Point-defense(Anti Missile) missiles.

Mission making

• 'Onion layer'(although merge is a good feature) 2D editor and a clearer 3D editor.

I would like to see a realistic flightmodel (up to the standards of the TOH flightmodel) for jet aircraft. Also to this end I would like to also see a 2 seat training jet with dual controls (the BAE Hawk perhaps?) so that we would be able to train people on how to use them simliar to how we train people how to use heli's in TOH.