Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas|NO DISCUSSION

Please load up Zombie Apocalypse v2 mission (no add-ons needed). Learn scripting!

PRiME

Your rather bold statement that BIS ought to learn scripting from a user mission is rude and unnecessary. The folks at BIS seem like bigger people than to respond to such obvious trolling. Unfortunately, I do not share that virtue. Even if the user mission you mentioned is a masterpiece of scripting prowess, which is possible, the message would still be boorish. Looking at your post history, I see you speak perfect english and are highly cynical about BIS. This leads me to believe that this is no simple misunderstanding as I first thought.

+1 infraction for trolling.

This thread is for community game ideas and is not to be used as an avenue to express your opinion of the developers.

+1 infraction for spamming.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

I would like nothing more than for the game to not crash, run out of memory or freeze at release.

Some minor stuff:

- (give an option to) disable negative mouse acceleration. If there's one thing that annoys me off the aiming, it is this. I understand that BI wants to make mouse movements more realistic, but to me it doesn't seem like this does the job properly. IRL, there isn't a magical force either which slows down your turning movement when you turn too fast.

- change the vaulting animation (v by default in A2). It is so ugly!

- give us some impressive weapon sounds. The default weapon sounds in A2 (especially that of the mk.17) didn't make me feel like I was firing a bullet. It sounded more like a paintball gun. I know that there are soundmods that deal with this, but that's no reason to have such ... bad weapon sounds.

- when the AI is in careless mode, they shouldn't stick to their formation so strictly. Ever seen soldiers IRL walk around their base in a perfect wedge?

If you have any bugs from the past releases you wish to report, please use the community bug tracker. This thread is not a complaint box.

- Empty shells spitted by IFVs, AAs and MBT commander MGs.

what about alpinizm module in game.down on rope from buildings and shoot outside inside buildings

Edited by otarius-big

The ability to add a primary weapon to the launcher/backpack slot.

My wishes for Arma3:

- Better visual editor 3D

- Patchs don't change the scripts behaviors, more longevity in life cycle ( useful life ) of a mission without the need for maintenance

- modular weapon system (soldier)

- solid scripting (identical behavior) in server, preview mode and single.

- Gear System style ACE2

- JAVA killing SQF

- Better architeture of modding

- Native Persistence System (BIS Cloud system?)

- Briefing/notes screen before "lobby slots"

- PhysX Real, not funny

- Better Framework API to build GUI in missions

- fewer bugs

- Complete documentation about scripting

- Unify the programming of mod system with script system

- Native radio communication system (similar ACRE)

- Better simulation in veicules (VBS2 style)

- To use DirectX 11 features for optimize game performance

- A Great campaign

- Better and Real medical system, better and multiple animations on injuries with blood, severe damages more real

- better sound

Best regards...

Unsure if this has been mentioned or not but it be nice to have the ability for admins to type #savequit in multiplayer missions so that the mission is saved and can be resumed later.

Some concept art for Lockheed's 6th gen fighter that would make a good fictional unit.

dbr86.jpg

http://defensetech.org/2012/01/05/lockheeds-6th-gen-fighter/

The source is keen to point out that concept arts this early are about as likely to resemble the final product as all the concept cars we see publicised. Estimated release in the 2030s. Arma3's set in 2025 but with a full-scale war defense research would have been accelerated in all areas.

Engine:

- Motion Capture Animations!

- Allow make new and edit default animations in Maya!

- Smooth animations beetwen actions!

correction of a bug with changing mg's rate of fire when changing camera focus or distance from shooter

Working tools - to mod within a sensible non-community destroying time frame. Maybe provide them as a dedicated DLC.

Let the fire mode selection be separate from the weapon selection. You shouldn't cycle through fire modes in the same place where you cycle through weapons. So it shouldn't be: primary semi, burst, auto, grenade, smoke grenade, IR strobe

just for example

Honestly, I'd rather this be more like standard FPS's. Let your primary weapon be one button (preferably two primary weapons, being able to put one on your back like you can currently do in multiplayer (Domination mode)). Your primary weapon attachments another. Your fire modes another. Your side arm another. Your grenades another (so fragmentation grenades, smoke grenades, etc). Your other equipment, like an IR strobe, another button. This keeps it simple without taking anything away.

Oh, and add an animation for switching fire modes. In other words, animate the fire mode selector lever/switch.

yes please.

it's the things like this.

and consider latency in movement - taking weapon movement to the next level and have the way the weapon is held and moved be much closer to what is real an make it look real with the appropriate animations pls.

smarter understanding of what the player wants to do based on their speed and position and use of the vault key.

oh and 3d editor that's easy to use and jump right into making and testing maps out in.

Features for vanila Arma 3 :

- Laser FCS (Firing Control System) for range adjustment in armoured vehicles (abrams, bradley, BMPs...t90...etc) and attack helicopters (AH64, Cobra...etc). ACE 2 style.

- Manually Laser guided Hellfire II (AGM114K). ACE 2 style.

Edited by cychou

- Option to order the AI to turn lights On/Off.

- Military style lights on the military vehicles.

1- Hostage holdup animation

2- C-130 Skyhook pickup system or variant with script to execute towing in of the balloon and the hoist.

3- Silent Hunter 5 styled water effects on goggles, specially with Navy Divers.

4- Conducting underwater harpooning of enemy divers, maybe acquire their oxygen tanks, or masks.. (too much for the crew I know, bear with me).

5- underwater sunken vessels, maybe WW2 submarines, or merchant men (handelschiffe)

Planes

F111

F111C-2-500x332.jpg

May seem strange at first, but in the future I do think this plane could re-enter service. And would be perfect for (the) Arma(verse) 3

why:

*range

*payload (large, but not silly like a B52)

*price, it's cheap in service costs compared to certain modern planes (and those don't have it's range)

*having no Air-to-air weapons would make it fun on the battlefield

*Looks (it's just gorgeous)

f111cavalon2009ckopp1s.jpg

examples of somedifferent versions that exist on

http://www.ausairpower.net/pig.html

1. Respawn is single player

Enable respawning in single player using the same method used in multiplayer (respawn=1,2,3 in description.ext)

2. Extend the setFriend command

Right now we are limited to sides (west, east, ect)

I am suggesting you expand it to also work with factions (NATO, Iran, Militias, Bandits, ect) and maybe even single units (unit1 setFriend [unit, 0])

3. Better looking smoke\explosions\fire

Maybe something like WarFX Blastcore

Edited by ArmAriffic

Simple request.

When you click respawn can it ask you if you are sure? Yes or No. The amount of times people have clicked it by accident or on low frames/stuck keys.

That or have the respawn button placed elsewhere.