Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

AI occupying buildings and using them for cover. Right now the AI are terrified of stepping inside a door.... Unless I use the Zeus addon or some other AI addon of that nature. And a new lighting system as others have stated if not a new lighting system at least improve it.... Right now shadows aren't forming correctly as well as light... For example I had behind a low wall and the sun is a low half of my body is in shadow and half is not. And there are many other examples.

Make it easier to install and delete addons or mods.

Make A.I if getting shot to take cover

A.I to react fast when I tell them to move or get out of a vehicle

Improvement Warfare Mode.

Base Sirens(And Intercom guy saying "Base is under attack all possible personnel to battle station"

Better construction on Warfare Mode.

Perhaps a better mod optimization?

So when I start a scenario that used mods I deleted, Instead of saying missing addon, It simply removes those items/units and all waypoints, triggers and markers associated with them

ability to build some kind of forward base or something to rearm / resupply / heal / grab new humvee.... in realtime, for MP

Edited by Bee8190

the editor is more easy and visual:

Please BIS, see this feature, dynamic terrain modeling... awesome for A3.:D

pick up vehicles on choppers and open cargo and load tanks on planes will be avaible on default

fast ropes from helicopter. there were some addons even for arma1 why not to add it on default

thrust controll on axis on joystick

to be able to set up a key to shoot flares on aircraft.

roll support with track ir. tried to evasive left or right as it is now thats absolutely not comfortable... my monitor is'nt close to me etc, so moving to sides not that great. just add one more axis for roll ;)

edit: also if there will be an option to play campaign via multiplayer, why not to add category campaign? because looking thru coop list trying to find who play campaign is hard. idc if any1 play campaign in multiplayer except when you with friends, but this will be quite fine. atm i still didn't get to play campaign in mp ;)

thats what i got in mind so far

and about units:

since units will have loadouts etc what if it will be like: i added infantry unit, then choosed side - so there will be different presets for loadout and uniform etc, then choosed loadout and role - for example basic rifleman,

so there would not be huge lists of units as it was before ( probably )

Edited by n7snk

it be great if you can make your player able to Move/ hide dead bodies like on half life 2 and like skyrim

Don't know if this is the right topic, but I would really like to have center mass body shots count deadly.

If I fire a 9mm, 7.62 or AK round in your torso, you're down, the energie of the bullitt does so much damage these shots are lethal or at least make sure that you won't do much anymore on the battlefield.

This was one of the things that really annoyed me at Arma 2, a guy on the run (crossing an open space), you take a shot, hit him in the torso once and he's not going down, can still run and probably knows your position.

If you give the weapon the recoil it has (sometimes even more) you also can make the rounds count for what they're worth.

Let the fire mode selection be separate from the weapon selection. You shouldn't cycle through fire modes in the same place where you cycle through weapons. So it shouldn't be: primary semi, burst, auto, grenade, smoke grenade, IR strobe

just for example

Honestly, I'd rather this be more like standard FPS's. Let your primary weapon be one button (preferably two primary weapons, being able to put one on your back like you can currently do in multiplayer (Domination mode)). Your primary weapon attachments another. Your fire modes another. Your side arm another. Your grenades another (so fragmentation grenades, smoke grenades, etc). Your other equipment, like an IR strobe, another button. This keeps it simple without taking anything away.

Oh, and add an animation for switching fire modes. In other words, animate the fire mode selector lever/switch.

Ok i have a small wish to add to the wishlist, I think ArmA as it is already has alot to offer, it's an amazing simulator, and covers alot of features to create your own variations on tactics on the same scene/mission. I think ArmA 3 is putting more emphasize on this guerilla type of warfare. (and i think it's great to see ArmA 3 is making a little reference to ancient history The Greco-Persian Wars, where the island of naxxos was conquered)

This approach of guerilla warfare is on itself very cool and gives a 'new reality' to the series. since ArmA 3 seems to be going this direction it might be cool not only focus on new stuff but prehaps also to reinvent the old stuff the vehicles for example, and give them an 'extra purpose', besides being a vehicle.

I like the fact in ArmA 2 that we can in an element of soldiers, order individual solders to a position of a building, it would be great to see a vehicle being able to act as 'interactive/position' cover in a situation where there is no cover so how about taking up positions behind a vehicle ? But how about making 'cover point' act if it was like mounting a turret (switch controls), but instead of controlling a turret you would control your cover, hide or popup

another idea of giving vehicles an extra/other purpose would be the psychological effect, for example let a jet fly over an enemy position as a show of force. prehaps not in the direct context of a plane flying over but the theme of psychological warfare in general would totaly fit the type of warfare Iran is into. And would add an extra layer of gameplay and tactical consideration.

- No dust clouds from ground vehicles on paved roads or on wet fields.

- Vapor Trails and Heat Distortion from heat sources.

- Smokeless ATG missiles, grenades and RPGs.

- Gear Weight, the more you carry the more it affects you.

- GAMEPLAY

Consolidate many of the community made scripts into the action menus (for example, Air Taxi). Thus expanding options without the need for scripting knowledge.

Configuration:

Dynamic viewdistance checkbox

Air viewdistance and Ground viewdistance sliders in game video settings.

Graphics:

2D backdrop pictures should be higher resolution the one on Operation Arrowhead is pixelated.

Accessibility:

Subtitles and commands should be less intrusive, small text and not have a bright color box around them that can cut off a big portion of the screen.

AI:

AI fatigue setting in their properties and if possible a drowsiness setting, it would be cool if we made some guards sleeping on the jobs!

I was thinking how it be great if we could have modular vehicles, in Arma2 this can already be done with joining parts to mountable proxy points on models however it does need some work, such as being able to switch to different positions without exiting vehicle.

So a request that will probably never be heard is to easily be able to adjust vehicle and object parameters in-game via scripting/commands etc.. Such as adjust hit-point values, and also be able to attach upgrade weapon systems to vehicles instead of having 10 models of a humvee why not use a base vehicle and have 10 different weapon systems you can just attach ingame to vehicles via scripting or whatever means that can be done dynamically.

Additionally it be nice to be able to adjust vehicle specs so one can lets say UPGRADE vehicles with better engines or wheels to adjust performance. This would make for fantastic flexibility in RTS games. Imagine a HOT ROD mod were you can upgrade you car to the shit-house :) Also be nice to be able to add armour plates to armour mount points etc.. All in all most can be done somewhat in ARMA2 already but its not particularly easy to do without making a whole new vehicle to do it.

A good example of a game that allows this atm is WORLD OF TANKS; now I'm not suggesting anything radical but its very nice being able to use existing models and apply adjustments to an extent that you have a whole new vehicle just about. This sort of modification is being done to weapons in game already so I really don't see how it would be much more work to apply to vehicles and aircraft.

Just thought I post that in the ultra rare chance a developer reads it and goes 'what a fantastic idea which is completely doable' ...

Edited by PRiME
Highlighted main points

^ this

You can already add extra parts onto your helo in TKOH so only needing 1 model of helo, so why not have it so that vehicles in arma 3 can do it

Also, can we have the inspection hatches on vehicles in arma 3 and have them work in MP too? (doesnt work in mp on tkoh) Then have it so engy's have to go around and fix each bit if it gets damaged.

-Satellite Imagery

I've been thinking. This would be a great asset to conventional war forces. It could be implemented as a module or a function triggerred via FSM. Also, the possibility to replace the map with sat images or at least put them in the notes section automatically.

I hope, that some of this new-age artillery system can to arrive in some DLC

This can be useful, like static US artilley in A2

M777,new-age howitzer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/M777_howitzer_rear.jpg/800px-M777_howitzer_rear.jpg >100kb!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M777_howitzer

or this sweden pretty full-automatic gun.:yay:

crew-2 man

"Archer" his name

800px-Archerside_commons.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_Artillery_System

Besides, i hope, that new-age weapons will be used by main sides (east and west). Modern weapons, but old weapons for arma 3 times, like usual M1A2, T-90,T-80,T-72,AKM and other will be used by rebels. It s will be good for addon makers

Edited by Foxhound
hotlinked image over 100kb removed!

Gameplay

Cursor to give commands

how it works:

It's an additional option to select units and give them commands.

Hold a button ([ctrl] for ex.) and a cursor appears on your screen.

With it, you can simply click on the units(at the bottom the screen) you want to isue a command to.

what you think of factors like thirst,hunger, lack of sleep, heat... and its effects and if youwant to implement it in the game along

with the posibility to get water and food by diferent ways like stealing it, searching in the wild etc, the posibility to sleep in

diferent locations like a barrack, a tent, a fox hole, an improvised refuge, a safehouse...

I think this is a good implementation because it will add more

complexity and realism to the game and the animals and

plants will be more useful. What do you think?:cool: