Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Please update Header :)

- DONT !FORGET! Apply ragdoll (Phys-X) when the car knocks the player (likes GTA)!!!

Good thread. Am pretty sure people have suggested caves before, but I don't see it in the lists on the first page of the thread. Can you please include it and make it clear for the devs that some caves would be a really great addition. Would be great if they could re-work some caves into the OA maps and transfer them to Arma 3.

To date, the BIS maps consist of terrain mesh like a 'draped cloth' with rocks simply planted on to give cover. Can more detail be paid to terrain?

Bank manager is on notice for a hefty withdrawal for new pc in about a year's time or so, when intels next round of chips are out.

I wish arma 3 will show all the beauty of Limnos island! The sea water is like heaven in earth. and one request: make really interesting ports, with fish markets, traditional restorants and coffie 'bar' called "ΤαβέÏνα" and "Καφενείο" respectively :) that means that around 8-12 most nights there is musik and lights hanging above all around the tables! also ppl at the beaches siting there, having a swim, fishing! plzzzz!!! :( (<- you cant say no to that face :D )

I would like to see a fix for the "v" button action being more natural and multiple animations, that means when its a low fence other animation and other animation where its a thick wall! and not taking so long to complete the animation... its a warzone!

I would like to see mirrors in vehicles, cause in expert there is no good way to see where the heck you are going backwards in many vehicles...

Also cars should change shape when crashed. lamp posts, fences, trees should break on the point where the vehicle crashed it, if its heavy enough of course.

the last part is very tricky I can tell, because adding all those objects, in multiplayer after some destraction it would be so laggy as with arma 2. We hope for the best! thank you BI!

I wish arma 3 will show all the beauty of Limnos island! The sea water is like heaven in earth. and one request: make really interesting ports, with fish markets, traditional restorants and coffie 'bar' called "ΤαβέÏνα" and "Καφενείο" respectively :) that means that around 8-12 o clock most nights there is musik and lights hanging above all around the tables! also ppl at the beaches siting there, having a swim, fishing! plzzzz!!! :( (<- you cant say no to that face :D )

Ow, also night lighting needs real rework.

I would like to see a fix for the "v" button action being more natural and multiple animations, that means when its a low fence other animation and other animation where its a thick wall! and not taking so long to complete the animation... its a warzone!

I would like to see mirrors in vehicles, cause in expert there is no good way to see where the heck you are going backwards in many vehicles...

Also cars should change shape when crashed. lamp posts, fences, trees should break on the point where the vehicle crashed it, if its heavy enough of course.

-the last two parts are very tricky I can tell, because adding all those objects, in multiplayer after some destraction it would be so laggy as with arma 2 and mirroring a whole 3d world into a small mirror.... We hope for the best! thank you BI!

I came up with another idea to add to the list.

MAPPING/MODDING

• In-Editor Terrain Generation and Building (From Scratch)
  • Support for small maps with no terrain/loaded resources outside the intended combat area.
  • Mini-Session Support

So, my small map idea is mainly to allow editors and modders to give us smaller environments with less play space to aid in infantry specific combat. What I have in mind in particular is Counter-Strike styled maps.

The mini-session support is also like counter-strike. You spent 30 minutes on a map, and have several rounds that lasted up to X minutes. It would be nice to have the ability to do that in stock ArmA 3 without extensive engine modding needed. Why? Some people like to play TvT (PvP) without respawns but don't want everyone to have to wait forever.

The mini-session with team swapping functionality would allow for objective based missions in a TvT be possible with a defending and offending team and a time limit. Now isn't that an awesome idea?

Throw that in with small 100% custom made maps designed to provide specific tactical challenges and advantages with real military equipment and you have yourself the ability to make repeatable missions. This would effectively allow players to create the instant-action multilayer content.

MULTIPLAYER MAP & MOD SUPPORT

• In-Game Map Download
  • Server Browser Mod Information

I would like to see Bohemia provide us with a section on the ArmA site that is used to register mods. While it would be nice, this does not mean they need to host the files for the modders (though that would be nice. ;)) but what it does mean is it's a centralized place for players to look for mods.

Basically modder pops on, registers a mod and it is provided some sort of unique identifier.

Then, when in-game and looking at a server they can see what mods are running on that server if any. They want those mods? Pop on over to the Bohemia website and get the referal links to download the mods. This also implies in-game mod support built in from the get-go without the need for third party launchers and complicated (for some) shortcut editing. IE.. the ability to toggle mods off and on.

The registration on the ArmA site of mods would obviously not be required, but it would allow for the servers to provide the mods unique ID instead of a full string of information. In turn, that would ensure the user is referenced to the proper mod on the site and not a potentially different mod with a similar name.

Using simple

to simulate the movement of side skirts of e.g. Tanks when driving or firing.

This adds a dynamic element to the otherwise static appeareance of the tank (compare with the idle movement of ammo belts).

Of course it is also much more realistic

:)

Gameplay.

Two ways of reloading your weapon: a speed reload and a tactical reload.

Speed reload - just tap a "reload" button once and your character will perform a speed reload:

lii1mrsT6D4

Tactical reload - hold down a "reload" button for some time, and a tactical reload will be performed:

SyTIwnCHOi0

A speed reload is, obviously, faster than a tactical one, however, it's also noisier and your mag will fall to the ground, from where you can pick it up later, but there is also a possibility of breaking down for some of a fallen mags, while with a tactical reload replaced magazine will be directed into your inventory with all remaining bullets for a later use.

Sorry for my English, I hope you got the idea.

Gameplay-

EOD Bots

Anti-Tank Mines

Defuse bombs ai or enemy players set

AI-

Plants mines, booby traps, c4, claymores

I would like to see the brightness system for NVGs improved as well as the transition be made more realistic. (the blindness when putting them on/taking them off)

I would also like to see the ability to have PVS systems on rifles that have that capability and if the PVS system is able to be flipped up and down like in BF3 then that should be present as well.

Laser Designators should have a "code" system like the one in ACE which can be used by any system capable of such a thing. For example if a laser guided arty shell is fired and it has the code distinguishing capability then it could lock onto a specific laser code, thus allowing say 2 spotters to lase for a simultaneous strike coming from 2 arty cannons. Designator beams should also be invisible if their real life counterpart is.

AI hearing should be made a little more realistic. For example if i shoot a subsonic bullet from a suppressed weapon and it passes 50 meters away from a soldier, the AI should perceive it as in real life. If in real life it would be barely noticeable then it should put the AI on edge but not have a 100% chance of them detecting it completely. Just as well if i shoot a buddy of his that's 200 meters away with the same weapon and he isn't looking at him and he shouldn't be able to hear the bullet or the guy getting hit then he shouldn't detect anything and should go about his patrol. As mentioned ambient noise should also be factored in.

I would also like to see weapon data and compatibility information calculated from a combination of weapon, magazine, and projectile data. We shouldn't need things like the ACE magazine replacement system to ensure that everything is compatible.

A library of accessories for some weapons at release and then with DLC eventually covering them all so we can do this:

sopm4cqb.png

Magpul: CTR stock, MOE grip, angled foregrip and PMAG + MBUS front/rear sights.

EOTech: 3X FTS scope and XPS3 holosight

Noveske: KX3 flash hider.

VLTOR: MUR upper

Daniel Defense: R.I.S.

kind of like how pimpmygun works!

=====================edit===========================

This way if you release MOD Tools we can start making new accessories as they come out in real life.

You know like someone making a 'La Rue Tactical' set or something.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Maybe we can bind "q" and "e" keys to "shift gear" function rather than simply "slow&fast foward" as they are in arma 2 when being a driver. Also, when you car is moving forward, press then hold "s" key make your vehicle finally stop but not reverse, if wanna to do so, just release the key then press it again:).

Non-static body on vehicles / moving stuff.

On one of videos from ArmaA3 presentation, there is a part with boat. While the boat jumps & bends, the bodies on boat stays like glued pylons. Bodies should react in order to keep stability even if it means forcing a move. Player should be able to counter this move (by choosing direction and pressing "go forward") but player body could fall in effect. This reactions for keeping stability should have variety of animations.

I would love to see acceleration more realistic (power to weight ratio) in ArmA 3.

like now a Ural initially get's of the line as quick as a skoda or motorcycle.

I think a motorcycle of about 180kg would accelerate much quicker then Ural of several 1000kg's. So if the acceleration could be configed/defined in models so the game engine knows the difference between the capabilities of Ural and for instance a skoda or motorcycle would be great. (not to mention an addon of a lamborghini) :)

Anyways just my two cents,

Greetz:

Sjonkovic

volumetric ambient occlusion... 'nuff said

Edited by gL33k

Spetsnaz group like German KSK in Arma 2. Just to keep an eye on Iranian forces. :)

They should make a small map of Osama's compound. That way you and your TF86 Seal team can re-live the moment!

They should make a small map of Osama's compound. That way you and your TF86 Seal team can re-live the moment!

War dogs!

Get completely rid of the rediculous "aiming sway" when injured...it's too exaggerated and ruins the gameplay...if you get injured and are in danger of dieing then let that be enough, but you should still be able to shoot...as it stands in A2, once you get shot you might as well run out into the open and let the enemy kill you because shooting back becomes too frustrating of an experience between the "sway" and the new recoil introduced earlier this year.

IMO (after playing this series for 10 years now) you need to concentrate on making gameplay a little bit more FUN. I think as far as the "simulation" aspects you have gone a little overboard in certain areas...make gameplay a tad more enjoyable for the masses while at the same time putting alot more effort into improving the sounds and weapon graphics, weapon sites, explosions and other in game effects which have the largest impact on giving a game a good "simulated look and feel".

I recently played Battlefield 3 and was extremely impressed with their sound effects.

Please get rid of the "injury sway!"

Get completely rid of the rediculous "aiming sway" when injured...it's too exaggerated and ruins the gameplay...if you get injured and are in danger of dieing then let that be enough, but you should still be able to shoot...as it stands in A2, once you get shot you might as well run out into the open and let the enemy kill you because shooting back becomes too frustrating of an experience between the "sway" and the new recoil introduced earlier this year.

IMO (after playing this series for 10 years now) you need to concentrate on making gameplay a little bit more FUN. I think as far as the "simulation" aspects you have gone a little overboard in certain areas...make gameplay a tad more enjoyable for the masses while at the same time putting alot more effort into improving the sounds and weapon graphics, weapon sites, explosions and other in game effects which have the largest impact on giving a game a good "simulated look and feel".

I recently played Battlefield 3 and was extremely impressed with their sound effects.

Please get rid of the "injury sway!"

+1 They should also get rid of the wounded animation as a whole, the one where you're half rolling on the ground. You should either have the ability to patch yourself up and return to a basic fighting ability (being able to shoot, maybe limping if you move) or have the ability to immediately just select an option to die (if they keep the wounded animation state) or they should remove it altogether. 1) I'm not talking about a magic revive option. 2) I know it's not perfectly realistic, but when you're playing with AI and get in that state, at least in my experience you're waiting for some AI to heal you. If they come to you they just drag you and never stop to heal you. And when you try to switch to another unit, the game still treats you like you're wounded and you can't move, the red screen is still up. At the very least (probably the best option), make it an editor choice. In the menu where you can define the time of day, weather, stuff like that, allow the player to choose things like the extent of the wounding system. Give the mission editor more options (giving the player more freedom). And yes, BF3's sound system is good, even if not all of their sounds are good. I'm not sure if that's their sound system or different sounds recorded indoors and outdoors. But that'd be good for ArmA. Would add a bit more realism.

No more painted backgrounds please, or give the option to turn them off in the graphics setting. The vast landscape already contains mountains, there's no need for fake ones.

Awesome simulation since OFP... Just keeps getting better :-)

I hope I'm not repeating those ideas.

-Game Engine

Possibility to download sever content and addons directly from server or from redirect server.

-Modding&Tools

Webadmin RCON Tool and stats.

-AI-

AI using cover and suppresive fire similar to full spectrum warrior.

-Gameplay-

3D Map.

ifull-spectrum-warrior-ten-hammersi-20050909040821608.jpg

Edited by Clarkey1