Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Stop the freeze when you fall or walk off a small ledge. If you land safely you freeze for a few seconds before you begin to move.

Stop the freeze when you fall or walk off a small ledge. If you land safely you freeze for a few seconds before you begin to move.

I agree. If bis would focus on fluidity (is that a word?) Of movement, seamless transition between animations, gameplay would feel a lot better. Honestly I'd take this over new animations like lying on your back... Please add something along these lines to the first post (fluid movement,semless transitions between animations)

Grass, vegetation and shadows need to be able to be rendered (intelligently for performance) at distance in order to keep soldiers visably hidden from human players.

Grass, vegetation and shadows need to have atleast partial veiw blocks so the AI have a hard time seeing through (but not impossible, same as us) to make close quaters in grassy areas 1. fair and 2. realistic.

In my experiences, AI 'track' units in cqb once they have been detected. This means that they will know where you are about to pop out from and will be ready and waiting for you.

Also I find it is near impossible to be stealthy vs AI in arma 2 because the second you stand up, at night, even when their backs are turned and they are 100 metres away, they still become alerted. They may not know my exact wherabouts yet, but they raise weapons and become alert.

This kind of stuff should be fixed seeing as improved CQB is something BIS have been talking about and because of this CQB will become quite popular as players will no longer be scared of clunkiness in cqb.

Also, it's a big ask, but seeing as physx is in arma 3, could we get vegetation physics please? If a soldier is alking through the bush the bushes will be disturbed and stuff, and this could even be used to make the awesome, yet sometimes annoying 'grass flattening feature' work heaps better. If this was the case the grass that actually is flatenned when you go prone would be more precise rather than whole patches that aren't even touching you.

All these changes together would make playing with AI much more enjoyable and realistic, and the first and last suggestions would also make PvP much more realistic and would allow for players to play missions in close quater environments full of vegetation without having to worry about cheating AI.

1) Colors used on the number command menus. I.e. team colors could be indicated by using actual color, to lessen the time spend on reading the menu. In others, red, yellow, and green could be used depending on how "aggressive" a command was, or used to further "group" commands of same family (i.e. stance commands).

2) On the target (2) and action (6) menus, how about using double taps to issue command (if not already selected via mouse wheel input). The first tap (or scroll wheel select) would cause a line to be drawn (similar to house position indicators) from the selected unit(s) to the selected target or "item with the action". The second time you push the command, it will be executed.

The big idea is to speed up use of numerical command system using logical colors, since scanning for color takes far less time than actually reading the text, and to provide much needed visual feedback when using the target and action menus when ordering AIs around.

For improved visibility, let user define inner and outer color for number menu text (structured text supports this), and inner and outer color for "line indication visuals" so it doesn't blend into the background. Colors should be RGBA format, where you can use alpha value to set transparency, which could also be used to turn off this helper system for those that perfers that. A "line" would consist of outer line of 3 pixels of a bright color, with an inner line of 1 pixel of a dark color (or vice versa if more pleasing).

I don't see a lot of people talking about this so I'll post it instead.

WAR FX:

Proper effects from the beginning this time please!

- No more superbloomed puffy explosions, explosions are instant, and the smoke and dust mostly take on the form of half a bubble instead of the hollywood style mushroom cloud

- Vaportrails for aircraft

- Heat haze for hot air/surfaces (egine exhausts etc)

- Proper afterburners and jet engine effects

- Proper flares

- Shockwaves from large explosions should be visible travelig along the ground

I want the possibility to really hide in the game.. the grass

and bushes should be really dence on the island..

more SD sniper rifles..

black screen if u TK too many..

best 3 Party addons should be added to official Patches..

respawn places in "HOLD" kind of multiplay should be more..

And not just the Bigfoots son why not the whole family..

over and out

more wishes..

RG35 4X4 Reconnaissance Patrol Utility

RG41 Wheeled Armoured Combat Vehicle

Archer

CV90

BPM-97

Patria NEMO - The Most Advanced Mortar System

Aton-Impulse VIKING-2992 4x4xAMPHIBIOUS vehicle

and the new AX338 Sniper Rifle

Largest Caliber Rifle .950 JDJ

New XM307

Edited by Flyfinn

The command system:

An outstanding gamefeature but due to it's complexity very hard to efficiently implement. Ordering many units quickly becomes an very challenging task and requires the Players full concentration. Once you want to play out a complex maneuver, you loose control of your own unit, loose situational awareness and efficiency. All extremely valuable assets of combat.

The team has already found good answers concerning the implementation and general design concepts, however I believe there is an even more efficient solution:

Voice control.

Adding voice control of units to the game makes ordering them very intuitive and more importantly the Player still has full control over his unit and can still fully use the keyboard and therefore coevally operate. Next to that almost every player should fulfill the recommendation of it: a Headset, so it is guaranteed that a lot of people will actually make use of it. The currently system which, in relation to the difficulty of the matter itself, works quite good should not be removed.

Voice control:

• keeps your fingers on the important control buttons
  • makes controlling of a multitude of units more intuitive
  • more efficient, faster
  • much more realistic ( You actually speak out the correct military orders)

How could it's implementation by the team look like/What has to be done?

Various mods have already proofed that it is A: of course possible and B: not too hard to implement

In order to get it ingame you have to:

• find a way/programm you could use for it
  • decide which functions should be covered by it
  • make the actual profiles
  • find a way the user can optimise it: familiarize the software with his voice (often possible by the software itself)

A very reasonable idea for the team would be to co-operate with a small company that offers voice recognition software ( possibly even open source) and said profiles

(outsourcing as seen eg in TOH- cloud system)

However, like with everything, there are also some weak points:

• not working correctly ( wrong words getting detected)
  • Teamspeak?

Summary:

⇛Voice control makes ordering units, faster, more intuitive and more realistic; all attributes hauntingly wanted for Arma 3. Next to that, it makes an awesome impression on the fact sheet :p

So

of it's efficiency ;)

Would you like to have it? :)

Best regards

Edited by PurePassion

I've got one wish for the campaign. If the campaign will be in guerilla style like they said. It would be nice to have pubs/taverns in some towns. Where you can get information and meet smugglers and etc..

Edited by resistance-rat

Walking/Running animation stopping when colliding with wall/obstactle

Bomb Disposal Module (Though I guess this would be more for mods)

Improved Collisions

AI use grenades from crouching position more often

AN-94. Cos' Russia rocks.

Soldiers able to walk faster while aiming.

(Just tried with my gun and I know for sure I can walk faster than the ArmA 2 soldiers do while keeping a steady aim.)

Soldiers able to walk faster while aiming.

(Just tried with my gun and I know for sure I can walk faster than the ArmA 2 soldiers do while keeping a steady aim.)

This + a general reduction of the rediculous wObbLeInG that plauges almost all arma weapons when the player is moving while aiming down the sight, this will also make CQC much easier for players.

Simple request: Bullet hits

Currently... Well yeah... they exist... :rolleyes:

bullethitr8to.jpg

but as you can see there is a lot of, lets say, potential left ^^ :D

How about different models that appear differently on specific surfaces ( possible via eventhandlers) and giving them a "real" texture so they appear as actual holes by using parallax mapping?

This is straight leading to the next short request: Being able to use parallalax mapping for generic game models and not just "world objects" and terrain textures. I dont think I have to go further from here because I think everyone can imagine the outstanding results that could be achieved with shaders having the support of parallax mapping or even displacement mapping. :)

* Player character enabled to walk freely/stand freely within entered vehicles (Transport truck: walk along/between the back seats, stand on car roofs until certain speed, get emergency-transported on a tank, in a plane and helicopter you can walk)

Thus make seats themselves choseable by the player.

* Keep screen as clear as possible from any commanding HUDs (minimal as it is kept in

ArmA 1 and 2 was super)

* Attach trailers to vehicles (artillery cannons, transport trailers, planes to pulling-tractor)

* Do not gameconsole-optimize the game. It lowers the quality and automatically decreases acting freedom.

* Women are enabled to carry weapons etc.

* Use RagDolls when characters die or fall deep.

Edited by Danny~the~Dog [COP]

Maybe its a little bit early for this but, I'd really like to see a DLC like Operation Arrowhead but in a snowy enviroment. I'm getting pretty tired of all these urban and dusty middle eastern deserts in games.

I think an entire DLC based around artic warfare could bring exciting new gameplay elements and a breath of "fresh cold mountain air".

Perhaps it could hold a storyline in witch the conflict moved south into Scandinavia. I think it could bring a lot of new creative idea's, along with a load of new gameplay content. Specialized vehicles, weapons and equipment.

For instance, snow damps a lot of sound so there could be more room for stealth sequences.

Bullits and airplanes behave diffrently in cold air, soldier battling hyperthermia, and skiing down mountains for a quick escape.

This isn't related to gameplay, but is still a matter of great importance to me.

I would like to see a good soundtrack that matches the setting, so something intense and heavy for full-on battlesequences and an idle soundtrack for when you're just patrolling :yay:

Offtopic:

soldier battling hyperthermia

Hyperthermia is overheating, you probably meant hypothermia

Currently you can have 144 groups of either single units or groups [per side?]

To get more you have to resort to spawn scripts. I personally hope that arma 3 has at least 10 times or 20 times as many units/groups that can be placed in the editor.

Also an easier way to turn units into OPFOR,BLUFOR etc :P

Hello I'm back for more a wish list.

Well the first think you should by the largest possible number of weapons, vehicles, items for weapons.

ArmA has always had more giant maps SUMMER always in deserts or forests. then why not bring Urban Maps. Maps and snow would be nice to walk 200 km in a city.

I think you should not only bring an epic multplayer .. should also create an epic story.

Animations are not more important than others are more things that make the game fun, so bring more realistic animations for example when you enter into a jet or car show you really get into the car.

Things that would make the game more tactical. Gas masks ... radiation, Rapel, persongames change of clothes according to what he works for example: USMC normal clothes and a helmet of the army, SAS: black clothes and masks. Navy Seals: Clothes to breathe underwater and swim. Rangers: A helmet with more different flashlight or Night Vision.

AI

- Improve AI pathfinding on bridges, for preparation of modded islands that may feature bridges

if you run against a ladder/fence/wall and look up then you mantle over the object/ climbing the ladder (waiting until a key is pressed is not optimal)

make the bipoding automatic

- if you lie/crouch on a wall and go in optic you automatically put the bipot against the wall and settle your weapon this way and look/fire over the object

- you break out of the bipod you have to select a new stance (lie stand crouch)

- make the bipod the turn point (don't forget the mechanic limitations) A/D to move left/right Q/E move the bipod around the body (eg of you are lying on the ground)

- make the same think without bipots but not so stable like with one

make some commands static

eg the "exit vehicle" make it always present but gray it out if its not use able

or use the TOH system for items like this

make every adjustable weapon adjustable and make it result in an optic change(like your m203)

(sorry for my eng.)

Visual effect:

Draw grass in 2 areas simultaneously: 1) area around/near player; 2) area near objects in player's scope.

Now with zooming distanced objects/enemies they are on the naked plain terrain. I't is 1) some king of ugly; 2) not fair then you lie you can't see anyone on the distance because of grass, but everyone can see you (if they sitting or standing).

make the sound of a car/truck engine sound more realistic (maybe make it blend more in the environment) it just sounds to "hey im in a can" in mine opinion.

maybe adjust the walking style seen when a player views third-person when walking "SAFE"

i think the hip shaking is to much (these are the things that bothered me in ARMA i hope that something can be adjusted in ARMA 3)

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Make a module that lets the syncronized object/unit spawn in random locations

locations can be defined in init field referring to marker area's?

i once had the idea to let myself spawn at a unknown location with only a compass no map information about my position with the ACM on trying to find my way back to the base really a adventure i felt like Bear grills :cool:

this can also be fun letting a vehicle spawn at a random location and have a couple of teams battle it out to locate it first.

only making this happen is very hard so a module would be nice

I'd like to suggest an improvement that shouldn't be too hard to implement;

Heavy weapons (machine guns / .50 cal sniper rifles) should be held / fired from the hip when standing, just as they would be in real life.

It is practically impossible to hold an M240 up to the shoulder when standing (I've tried), and firing it would most likely knock you on your ass, same with .50 cal sniper rifles.

I understand that A3 will go with a weight-based inventory system, so hopefully this weight will effect not only how fast you can move, but also how long you could hold a heavy rifle up to your shoulder before it becomes too difficult to maintain a point of aim.

That means machine guns would perform more like machine guns, instead of just big rifles.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the concept of removing / changing gunsights in the middle of combat. I see that it's being touted as a big deal in the promo vids, but you cannot simply remove a CQB sight and replace it with a sniper scope and vice versa because it ruins the zero on the sights (aim point will be off because sights won't realign perfectly when they are placed back on the rail) Some gunsights have removable magnification attachements (such as the ones made by EOTech and some Aimpoint Sights) and some have variable magnification (Like the ELCAN spectre) which allow you to change the magnification without ruining the zero.

Again it comes down to a realism-versus-gameplay question, perhaps for the more advanced difficulties scope changing could be restricted to what is realistic.

I also think placing some restrictions on modifying weapons is ultimately a good thing because it means that you can't just have an uber-weapon that does everything (think suppressed M14 with ACOG / reflex sight and M320 - would you ever need anything else?) that means you are more inclined to try a wide range of weapons and select the right one for the job.